Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. (38945 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 1 / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest - Elimination Round 2 / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (elimination Round 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61) (Go Down)

Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Welcome to the 3rd edition of Nairaland's most popular bi-annual competition; The Mr & Miss Nairaland Competitions!

Today, we begin the long-awaited Mr Nairaland competition. Several Nairaland men were nominated and invited for this competition but only 28 honoured the invitation. Those 28 are the ones you'll see as you scroll down.

We have 28 contestants, but we can only have 1 Mr Nairaland. Mr Nairaland can only be decided by your votes. Please vote wisely and devoid of sentiments...

Meet the Contestants:

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 1 is <<|CFCfan|>>.

Cfcfan comes from the South East of Nigeria, and is a graduate of Political Science. He is in his mid 20's.

Goals: I want to gain admission into a law school, and thereafter become a practicing attorney.

Qualities I'm attracted to: I like people who are smart, funny, hardworking, and show respect to their peers.

Mentor/people I look up to: I would say the attorney that I intern for, and Justice Bunmi Awoniyi for her remarkable feat of being the first Nigerian to hold a judgeship in California.

Hobbies: I love nairalanding, reading news magazines, playing football (I'm an average player) and watching movies, sports etc.
What makes me different: This is a tough one. Anyway, the fact that I've never been to any other African country except Nigeria; and also being amongst a small fraction of Nigerians that studied a social science course (Political science) in a U.S. university.

His favourite dishes: I love all types of rice with plantain, chicken, meat and fish; beans, garri with any soup, spaghetti and noodles.

My outlook about life: I believe that failure is not the end of one's dreams/aspirations. If you don't succeed at something the first time try again. And the journey of life is not a sprint, but a marathon.

Why do I deserve to be Mr Nairaland?: Hmmm, I would say I deserve it because I'm an intelligent individual, and I'm confident in my looks.

Vote contestant Number 1, CFCfan, as the next Mr Nairaland.

16 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 2 is <<|Dygeasy|>>.

Dygeasy is a student in his early 20's, hailing from the South West of Nigeria.
Goals: to make the most out of the least I have. A successful businessman and entrepreneur in the nearest possible months.. Lol.. A big writer and entertainer in all forms. To change the face of entertainment in Nigeria, a philanthropist. To make impacts all round. And the best husband any lady can ever get to have.

Qualities he gets attracted to: being factual and straight to the point. Also a good command of the English Language.

Mentor(s): Nobody. I'm setting my own footprints to follow and retrace if I ever have to or get to undo my misdoings. I'm creating a name already.

Hobbies & Skills: singing, writing and reading just anything (especially while eating...lol)

Singing, talking and use of words are my skills.

What makes me different: is the fact that I am me. No one can ever be me. Starting from my name, if you ever get to have the same initials as I do, I'd bet my first paycheck, the names won't be the same.

Favourite dishes: Beans and its derivatives

Outlook about life: Life isn't meant to be lived alone and for yourself. Its about making an impact on everything around you. That's why I coined and acronym out of the word L.I.F.E: living it for everybody.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: No specific reason other than to make the competition worth being in it. I'm out to win you know. . .

Vote contestant Number 2, Dygeasy as the next Mr Nairaland.

12 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 3 is [url=www.nairaland.com/jnr%20prof]<<|Jnr Prof|>>[/url].

From Lagos, comes Jnr prof. . . A young man in his mid 20's. A graduate of Geography, an Educational Consultant, and a MSc Sustainable Development (in-view)

Goals: Be a good husband, father, and also end up in the UN or any multinational organization.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Honesty, great sense of humour, simplicity

Mentor(s): No one in particular.

Hobbies & Skills: Dancing, gisting, hanging out with friends.
. . Good communication, i'm a fairly good singer, dancer and actor.

What makes him different: I'm a kinda person that never follows general opinion, which makes people call me weird cos i don't conform to their perceived general standards. I'm also shy and talkative at the same time (lol).

Favourite dishes: Not too picky, but nicely made jollof/fried rice and chicken would do it for me.

Outlook about life Do what makes God happy, and you'll be happy! Trying to please people would just lead one to an early grave.

Why do you deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Looks aside, I'm smart, cool, calm and collected. I have my brain in my head and i make good use of it. I'm also crazy and lots of fun!

16 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 4 is <<|ObinnaU|>>.

Obinna is in his late teens. He is from Nkanuland, Enugu state, the coal city state, south east Nigeria. A medical student fresher, trying to explore both the known and unknown about the human body which has been his passion and fantasy since he knew his ABC.

Goals: I have the mindset of joining the leading figures in the specialization of medical sciences, a man, when his name is mentioned in any gathering, brings the memories of benevolence, charity, a trailblazer in the medical world and above all serve as a mentor to others both young and old.

Qualities he admires: I admire people with ultimate self drive, people who keep their cool even when they are slighted, people who possess the qualities of loyalty, faithfulness, people who tell you your weakness, mistakes and failures without fear or favour.

Hobbies & Skills: I love using my spare time to read, research, contemplate about life and how to make the best out of it, I love cycling, swimming and tackling brain teasers.
Though I love the specialization of medicine, but am not a limited man, I can use my hands to fix anything fixable, can design complex artistry using a computer.

What makes me different: I believe am different because no other person on planet earth bears the same exact physiological and morphological replica of me.

Favourite dishes: I love a variety of dishes like but not limited to rice with stew sauce garnished with chunks of meat, my egusi soup, hot steaming ofe nsala, but above all, I love the real banga soup (ofe akwu) prepared by my mum whenever I come visiting and our native vegetable soup (awa) prepared with egusi with pieces of stockfish and meat cooked by my grandma. I hate draw soups!

Outlook on life: I am of the opinion that no matter the condition, place, family, skin colour or continent we find ourselves in, we are created and equipped with the right features and capabilities to leave our marks in the sands of time, only if we desire, have the determination and take the right decisions in life.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I deserve to be the the Mr Nairaland of June 2013, not because of looks alone, but because I am unique, am a masterpiece, am mee!
Thank you nairalanders, thank you Seun, thank you all as you vote for me.
One love.
Team Obinnau!

Vote contestant number 4, Obinnau as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

4 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 5 is <<|Ekwah|>>.

Ekwah is in his early 20’s and from Kogi State. A third year student in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Goals: I am very much interested in the tech-business, especially in the huge potential computer science has in creating jobs as well as providing good income. 
I have plans to complete a Masters degree in Engineering after my  NYSC in naija, and to work in a software company for four years and then go back to school to get a Masters degree in Business Administration.  I plan to go into the tech industry as an administrator and set-up a business  afterwards. I would love to be in a position where I can influence the lives of people positively either through rendering services or through direct aid.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Calmness, selflessness, confidence, humility, generosity, affability,  and originality, love for the African tradition.

Mentor(s): Hmm.... i have a few role models like Bill Gates (Ex CEO of microsoft) for his innovation and humanitarian work, Professor Harold Abelson ( MIT) for his genius and achievements, Rochas Okorocha (Imo State Governor- met him a few times). - I was able to attend a good Secondary school through the scholarship he provided for me and wouldn’t be where I am now without that. 

Hobbies & Skills: I bike (a lot), read Fiction books (a lot), sing and also dance ( pretty well). I  cook when I have enough time too. . .Skills: Singing, dancing( I am in a dance group on campus cool ), public speaking  and cooking. I am also pretty good at conversations, and by God's grace, also do very well in academics.

What makes me different: Physically? Nothing much as my fellow contestants are also very good-looking guys... but I think my personality speaks for me. I am very easygoing, focused,considerate and also very hardworking.  I take my responsibilities very seriously and would go to any length possible to make sure people are not inconvenienced because of me. Even though I am young, I understand what it means for a man to shoulder heavy responsibilities  as I have had to stand  in for my younger ones since my late-teenage years after an unfortunate family incidence. This has made me really mature both in mind and in the way I think. I have a classic story of someone who started at the bottom but is heading to the top.

Favorite dishes: I love Pounded Yam and Egusi soup, porridge beans and plantains,  a well-prepared beef Jollof rice, and moin moin.

Outlook about Life: I do whatever makes me happy but I also make sure I don’t hurt those I love in the process. 

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Even though my fellow contestants are good, I think I am a complete guy. I’ve got a pretty nice combination of God-given qualities that I think women generally seek in men and men for themselves.As an easy-going and humble young man, who  knows how nicely women and people in general ought to be treated,  I think you should give me your support. I’ve got good looks and a nice personality and  should be Mr. Nairaland.‬

Contestant Number 5, Ekwah, as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

35 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 6 is <<|ChelseaBmw|>>.

Chelsea is a young man from Edo state of Nigeria. He is in his late 20's and a MSc student of Economics.

Goals: My goal in life is to be happy, I think that is
everyone's purpose in life, and should follow it as a goal. (my
philosophy)

Qualities he gets attracted to: Being Polite.

Mentor(s): Charles Soludo.

Hobbies & Skills: Watching/playing football and Driving. . .
Communication, including writing, speaking
and listening, problem solving, initiative, organising and
coordinating & time and personal management are skills I have.

What makes me different: cos am myself(just natural)

Favourite dish(es): White rice with vegetable stew served
with assorted meat

Outlook on life: The meaning of life is simple: Your aim is
to change the world, to make it better and improve it. Because,
ultimately, we humans are made to end the world peacefully and
perfectly. You are born alone and you will die alone; you need to
change the world alone. So basically my view on life is to do the best
for the world I can before I die.

Why do I deserve to be Mr Nairaland:
I deserve to win this competition not just because i'm handsome but
what matters most is that i have a clean personality, I'm genuine, I'm talented and i stand-out the rest.

Vote contestant Number 6, ChelseaBmw, as your next Mr Nairaland.

19 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 7 is [url=www.nairaland.com/ijogz%20k]<<|Ijogz K|>>[/url].

Ijogz K is a Graduate of Marketing in his mid 20's and works as a Brand developer/ Brand planning. He is from Ondo/Somalia.

Goals: To create a NGO that would be able to cater for the beggars on the street, a dream to make them enjoy some of what we all enjoy as normal citizens.. A place they can call a home, a date that we can pick to celebrate them nationwide (Sort of general birthday celebration) of course majorly the physically challenged ones and not the lazy ones on the street who are very much complete but simply lazy.

Qualities that I am attracted to: Honesty, Love, and an Open mind (Hate those who keep/hold grudges)

Mentor(s): Well ermm I would say an uncle from my mother side, the Man is nice to a fault, never see anyone that places his family members before any other thing like him before.. Plus he's also the Major sponsor of a NGO that caters for Widows around Abule Egba Side of Lagos.

Hobbies & Skills: Swimming, Making and seeing people Laff (I thought i was damnnn hilarious until I was encouraged by so many of my friends in my University days to Crack jokes in front of over 8,000 angry and hungry students. My brother that was the day I accepted Jesus as my PERSONAL Savior "Emphasis on personal"!!!). . . Omo my skills are Rated 18.. But u can send me PM for details.

What makes me different: I think am too nice to av come out as a guy, not being able to hurt anyone is a weakness and my generosity is almost a curse.. Then I am damnnnn Troublesome.. Trust me! I am.. And I guess dats wot makes me different. They complain when I am around and complain more bout my absence when I am off.

Favourite dishes: "anpoulo" it's a Somalian meal, very popular and tasty. Den maybe Amala and Efo Riro also.

Outlook about life: Plan your life and hope for grace. "There was a tym I spent money lavishly saying YOLO, I ended up drinking Garri lavishly, it was like living forever instead of living once"

Why I deserve to be Mr NL: I have given so much to NL (My early days). I think I deserve to be given a little back

Vote Ijogz K, contestant number 7 as the next Mr Nairaland.

28 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 8 is [url=www.nairaland.com/pc%20guru]<<|PC guru.|>>[/url].

PC guru is a young man in his mid 20's from Ogun state of Nigeria.
A graduate of Business Admin from Babcock Uni but currently studying for his 2nd Bsc
Degree in Business Info and Technology.

Goals:
To be Professional and Improve IT in Nigeria.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Honesty, Self-Confidence, Courage and also a Twisted mindset.

Mentor(s): My Grandfather.

Hobbies & Skills:
Mostly Programming, basketball, Serious Gaming, Performing Karaokes to
Bon-Jovi tracks and sometimes just visiting new places and getting lost to
test my sense of direction
. . . Drawing, Coding, Event Decoration, ability to drown in a bath-tub, Oh
yes am very good at cooking too.

What makes me different:
My uncanny sense of humor cheesy

Favourite dishes:
The first food i meet when am hungry.

Outlook about life:
Life is a very complex journey and simple journey, the simplicity lies in
the fact that you already know what you want set to achieve, the complexity
stems from the fear of taking decisions, do each decision take us closer to
our goal or farther from it.

Why do you deserve to be Mr Nairaland:
I deserve to be Mr Nairaland, because i fully meet the requirement and the
title Mr Nairaland is a title that represents a true Nigerian who neither
condones tribalism and sexism, i am a perfect example of that, and my NL
past posts are my witness so help me God. cheesy

Vote contestant Number 8, PC guru, as the Next Mr Nairaland.

16 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Contestant Number 9 is [url=www.nairaland.com/xavier%27s]<<|Xaviers|>>[/url].

Xavier is a Graduate of Business Administration from the University of Benin. He is in mis mid 20's and hails from the South South of Nigeria.

Goals:
I have a passion for modelling and for management. I desire to be a successful professional in my field, majorly in Human Resources.

Qualities he gets attracted
to:

I get attracted to INTELLIGENCE,
SIMPLICITY, Liveliness, Beauty and
warm heartedness.

Mentor(s):
Mr. Rawlings(my lecturer) and
pastor Sam Adeyemi (my pastor).

Hobbies & Skills:
Swimming, sports(field hockey),
researching and playing scrabble,
chess. . .
Excellent communication skills, am a
fast learner and a multi-tasker.

What makes me different:
I always come up with a hundred and
one way to do any impossible task...

Favourite dishes:
Well pounded yam and a well cooked
egusi soup garnished with
assorted smiley ,, i love fried
meats too!!..

Outlook about life:
To me life is just a stage, we are all
actors playing diverse roles, some
get fired, some die, some live, some
just get cut off from the
scene,some forgets what it takes to
be on stage..its all meaningless but a
reality...

Why I deserve to be Mr
Nairaland:

basically, i have got what it takes to
make NL more exciting to visit, ideas
to add up, and creating that
platform that will promote d major
aims of NL.

Vote contestant Number 9, Xavier, to be the next Mr Nairaland.

14 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 10 is [url=www.nairaland.com/abu%20mikey]<<|Abu Mikey|>>[/url].

Abu Mikey is an aspiring student of Architecture from Edo state. He is in his late teens.

Goals: To be among the Greatest Architects of all Time.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Simple mindedness.

Mentor(s): I only look up to God! Then as
for Mortals I make Great fellows as my Mentors.

Hobbies & Skills: Playing soccer/Cricket,Sight-seeing and just
keep Learning about the world.
. . I have Communicating and Artistic Skills.

What makes me different: I'm always being ME,and Never a PHOTOCOPY.

Favourite dishes: Freshly prepared "Egusi" soup with "Eba".

Outlook about life: What matters is not how you start,but how you end!.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I deserve to be Mr Nairaland
because I know I have what it takes and all it takes to be Mr
Nairaland.

Contestant number 10, Abu Mikey. Vote him as the next Mr Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt] Contestant Number 11 is <<|Eppysold|>>.

Eppysold is a student of Industrial Design in his late teens. He is from the South West of Nigeria.

Goals: To be a successful family man.

Qualities he gets attracted to: I get attracted 2 people who have d same goals as I do.

Mentor: Barack obama.

Hobbies & Skills: Playing football,video games and swimming. . . I'm a good footballer.

What makes me different: is Simply d way I think.

Favourite Dish: Beans and bread.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I think I deserve to 'cos I might not be d most popular of d contestants but ma inner beauty is not something 2 write off...thanks

Vote Eppysold, contestant number 11, as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

4 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 12 is <<|Moonraker|>>.

Moonraker is a mobile app developer from Edo state in Nigeria. He is in his late 20's.

Goals: To be the best in everything i do.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Brains. I am very good at what i do (job wise). Its always nice to meet someone who
has more knowledge in your field. Makes you not want to relent on your efforts.

Mentor(s): My mum and Steve Jobs.

Hobbies & Skills: When time permits, i play computer games, develop  iOS apps, see new movies
at the cinema or just shop online or at the department store.
Skills:  Language: English, Japanese, French and German.
Tech: mobile app developer, microsoft silverlight content developer etc.

What makes me different: There is only one moonraker. The rest are fakes. you doubt me?? Alright, try registering moonraker as your username on NL and see what happens.

Favorite dishes: I am a sucker for yam, plantain and eggs.

Outlook on life;  Life is a puzzle.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland; based on my profile, you be the judge.

Vote Moonraker, contestant number 12, as the next Mr Nairaland.

9 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt] Contestant Number 13 is <<|AbPatrick|>>.

Abpatrick is from Delta State, Nigeria.
He's a degree holder, a procurement specialist and he works in a shipping company. He is in his late 20's.

Goals: A lot of opportunities abound in the business of the sea. It is my goal to expand my horizons and become a major player in the trans-atlantic sea trade.

Another would be to open a foundation to cater for the financially incapacitated widows and widowers with dependants. Mentoring and providing avenues for their families to be self reliant.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Honesty, hardwork, creativity, purpose driven individuals.

Mentor(s): I look up to Aliko Dangote, Sir Mike Adenuga and Richard Branson.

Hobbies & Skills: I love reading, research, drawing, painting, dance and staying fit.
. . I've got a flair for the arts, creative designing, and business development.

What makes me different? My persona. I'm creative and atruistic.

Favourite dishes:
I do eat anything that looks and tastes good, but any day and time, I'm a stickler for pounded yam with any of Ofe Nsala, Ofe Akwu and Banga soups arranged with fresh fish or assorted goat meat with skin.

Outlook about life: I believe life is all about balance and moderation. Being humble and simple does it. As the saying goes... The secret to greatness lies in humility.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Well... I'm different, I'm ME, and...I've got what it takes.

Vote contestant number 13, AbPatrick, as
the next Mr Nairaland.

36 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 14 is <<|Loucrux|>>.

Loucrux
is in his late 20's and from the south south. He is a student and a worker, has an OND in Business Admin from the Lagos State Polytechnic but currently working on a Degree at the National open University of Nigeria studying Business Management.

Goals: My Goals are simple,to be great Lifeline to my country,a solution to problems,an entrepreneur with a vision for the future and to be a very loving and caring husband and a wonderful father.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Hmmm, interesting, well I get attracted to very honest and down to earth people, people who know the true meaning and values of living, people who can stand for the truth regardless, a good sense of humour, a wonderful smile, brilliant and always have a listening ears and a good dresser(a born stunner of some sought)

Mentor(s): My mentor,hmmmmmm Alexander Amosu, how the desire for just a ill Adidas sneakers made him one of the most influential business moguls ever at such a young age.

Hobbies & Skills: My hobbies are.......cooking, omg I love cooking so I have twenty fingers in the kitchen, as an Urhobo boy I must know how to cook. Love novels, swimming, video gaming and soccer.
. . Am a trained peer educator, belong to Action Health inc, so got skills to educate and empower my peers. Also a trained Nail technician.

What makes me different: is my perception about life. I never cry over my failure,I just know its a reminder i have to pick myself up and do better,I have a soft spot to me, and I am just Me.

Favourite dishes: are Spaghetti with meat balls, banga and pounded yam or starch.

Outlook on Life: I always say this; life is a game of cards, the hand should always be mindful of what it draws. Above all life is beautiful, it's a gift from God, a gift u can never buy with money. I live everyday with the hope of making a difference from within. Change can only come through you when change has been made in you.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Contested for the fun of it but may the best win, regardless I would be so honoured if I could but the voters are always the main actors, so it's their vote, so let their votes do the magic.

Vote Loucrux, contestant number 14, as your next Mr Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 15 is <<|Miccodb|>>.

Miccodb
is in his late 20's
. He comes from the South South of Nigeria and works in the banking industry.

Goals: My goal is to be a Professional or expert at whatever my hands find to do.

Qualities he gets attracted to: I'm attracted to lively, hilarious, down to earth people. I also love curvy ladies.

Mentor(s): Warren buffet. I like to see money work for me and not vice versa

Hobbies & Skills: I love snooker, swimming, chatting, hiphop, ladies and competition.
I'm good at coaxing, technologically savvy, academically cool, superbike rider and stunter.

What makes me different: is my hilarious sarcasm. I really could be a jerk like most ladies say.
Favourite dishes: are fries all d way. From fried potatoes to yams n even fried indomie#aboki indomie

Outlook about life: is "do what u wanna do cos u only live once"

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Hmmmm...I should be mr nairaland cos I'm d complete embodiment of an african and a nigerian dude as nairaland potrays plus I'm physically, mentally and socially capable of handling whatever responsibilities/roles this status may saddle one with. An ambassador of nairaland would be a dream come true. . .

Vote Miccodb, contestant Number 15, as the Next Mr Nairaland.

13 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 16 is <<|Zibe|>>.

Zibe is a graduate of Accountancy from Anambra State In Nigeria. He is in his early 20's and currently works as an Accountant.

Goals: Bagging some more professional certificates and owning my own Audit Firm in future.

Qualities he gets attracted to:  Intelligence, Smartness, Being humble, good sense of humour.

Mentor(s): My Mum…the most hardworking woman I’ve ever known. Her life alone is a motivation to me every day. Not easy building a family from nothing.

Hobbies: Reading, swimming, Playing tennis, listening to music and hanging out with close friends.

What makes me different: The fact that I’m not a bandwagon person. I love to try out other options different from the status quo. I am also not quick to judge, as I like looking at things from the next person’s point of view.

Favourite Dishes: Boiled yam with egg sauce and vegetables, Beans and Plantain, Pound yam and egusi.

Outlook about life: “In the future, these days would be the good old days, make them worth reminiscing about”.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland:  Because I’m unique!

Vote Zibe as Mr Nairaland. Contestant Number 16.

7 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 17 is <<|Cumpaddre|>>.

Cumpaddre is a student of biology in IMSU. He is in his early 20's and comes from Imo state in Nigeria.

Goals: Right now, what's most important to me is getting my university degree without any kind of hiccup(carry/spill-over)lolz.. But the major achievement I wana score in life is none-other than winning a grammy! And touching or affecting lives with my music, I play good music by the way...lol

Qualities I get attracted to: In the opposite sex, I like a recklessly endowed lady,who's also funny, domestic and God-fearing. In general, I admire intellectual/funny minds.

Mentor(s): Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson/Gov.Rochas Okorocha/Nwankwo Kanu.

Hobbies & Skills: I basically Live & Breathe music so I won't call it a hubby. Aside music, I love reading/research and surfing the internet.
I'm a good music composer/rapper.

What makes you different: I think its my ability to see things differently from others which usually helps me make wise decisions. That "super power" is also the reason why lots of my friends come to me for effective advice.

Favourite dishes: fufu and egusi soup

Outlook about life: Life is a gift, and when you're given a gift, the giver expects you to appreciate and cherish it right? We all need to chill and live everyday like its our last, help the poor and needy, do things that we would be proud of and lastly, love ourselves, cos that's a good substitute for loving your neighbour.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I deserve it cos although I registered months back, I've been a loyal visitor on this site for years. My addiction to NL has also helped me stay current here in school, I'm already known as Mr.Nairaland in my lodge cos I'm always the first to divulge info and people end up looking at me like "where in the world did you see that??" And I'll be like "y'all already know smiley"

Vote Cumpaddre, contestant number 17 as the next Mr Nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 18 is <<|Silvertuke|>>.

Silvertuke is a student of Computer science in IGNOU University New Delhi, India. He is in his mid 20's and comes from the South East of Nigeria.

Goals: Always wish to be a goal getter. One of my goal is to seek a challenging position, probably win Mr. Nairaland.

Qualities I get attracted to: I always get attracted to whatever fancy my desire.

Mentor: Don't have any yet.

Hobbies & Skills: Reading, outing, watching TV.
. . Am a good Artist, modelling.

What makes me different: My personalities and my looks.

Favourite dishes: Beans and Rice cooked together.

Outlook about life: The outlook of life have a different view, to me I think it’s the other side of Life. To change it, to make the world a better place.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Because I believe I have the quality of what it's take for me to be Mr. Nairaland.

Vote contestant number 18, Silvertuke, as the next Mr Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 19 is <<|Masterpiecer|>>

Masterpiecer is a Graduate of Computer Science in his Late 20's
. He originated from the South South of Nigeria.

Goal: is to become an expert in my field of study.

I get attracted to qualities like sincerity, trust and good sense of humour

Mentor: God
Hobbies & Skills: are painting, playing chess, playing basketball and listening to rap music
. . . playing the piano

What makes me different: is that i forgive easily.

Favourite dishes: are banga soup and starch /white rice and fried plantain.

Outlook about life: is that life is simple except We make it complex.

I deserve to be mr NL because i'm a contender.

Vote Contestant number 19, Masterpiecer, as the next Mr Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 20 is <<|Elrony|>>.

Ronnie in his late teens,a second year biology student is from delta in south south nigeria!!

Goals: With my interest in d natural sciences, I intend getting a masters in bio-technology cos I feel confident in my ability to relate innovation & discovery into improving quality of life.... Basically, I intend to work hard towards having a fulfilled life,making everybody around me happy....I definitely would wanna contribute the best I can to the less privileged education and health wise..., who knows ; the next meaningful change d society needs might be in one poor kid out there without any hopes of gettin proper education ..or those children dying because of inadequate health care!!

Qualities I'm attracted to: Confidence, generosity, intelligence & humility. I am easily attracted to innovative folks with positive ambitions, sincere fellas with good sense of humor.... generally I like nice people. 

Mentor(s): My sweet mum, will smith, Rochas okorocha and Bill Gates!!

Hobbies ;big time gaming , freestyle rap, football, landscape photography, skimming thru scientific journals..., daredevil open water stunts & diving(don't tell my mum o)

Skills: good techie skills, imaginative drawing.. some badass good cookin skill....thnx 2 mama (I can cook u dinner) ..., football techniques(dont lemme catch ur defender 1 on 1)

What makes me different: I can't say it's ma outward look(I might have an evil twin out there lol). Well I think everything boils down to ma simple personality; the witty & friendly approach towards people, the way I reason and ability to keep ma cool in tough times makes me outstanding!!! 

Favourite dishes: gotta be pounded yam n concentrated egusi soup grin....... plantain or potato fries with chicken or egg sauce....dats all!!!

Outlook about life: For me I ride on whatever bike that keeps me going putting in consideration not to spite other people in pursuit of my dream & happiness, since I wouldn't wanna be on d receiving side of such an outcome!!
I believe in treating people d way I'd lyk to be treated cos u never know who's gonna be there to help u up someday!!!

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Honestly, there re lotta dashin nd sexy hot contestants with either calabash or stocked up abs lol.. Sure thing is I might not have all of those features, but I believe as a good looking guy with an outstanding personality nd intelligence accompanied with attributes which both male and female folks can relate to; I well have a shot at becoming mr Nairaland !!!

Vote contestant Number 20, Elrony, as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

6 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 21 is <<|Mastroesco|>>.

Mastroesco is from Enugu State of Nigeria. He is in his late 20's, and a graduate of Computer Science

Goals: To be highly Recognised and respected in my Field.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Hardwork, Confidence, Independence, Humility.

Mentor(s): A great Inlaw of Mine.

Hobbies & Skills: Soccer, Swimming, Travelling, Hanging out, reading. Skills: Computers, Innovative and versatility

What makes me different: My Humility, Determination and Aspirations.

Favourite dish: Eba and Stocked Fished Egusi Soup.

Outlook about life: No matter the Challenge, life still has a lot to offer.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I meet the Conditions to Participate and I have the qualities of a Perfect Mr Nairaland.

Vote Mastroesco, contestant number 21, as the Next Mr Nairaland. . .

7 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 22 is <<|LayLow.|>>.

LayLow is a business man in his very early 30's. He is a Lagosian.

Goal: is to grow my business.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Modesty.

Mentor: My oga at the top.(God)

Hobbies & Skills: Bike riding, gambling, traveling . . . Skills: critical thinker, active listener..

What makes me different: I am very versatile.

Favourite dishes: Fish pepper soup/Big stout.

Outlook about life: Life is good and worth living.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Hmmm why dont i deserve it? I am a winner joor.

Vote contestant number 22, LayLow, as the next Mr Nairaland.

15 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 23 is [url=www.nairaland.com/nelly%20ghenghen]<<|Nelly GhenGhen|>>[/url].

"I'm, Nelly, Known by friends as General Ghenghen006, Ghenghen bwoi or G6cheesy, In my late teens, lol the final "teen" actually, and its kinda scary, manz are getting older!! sad.
Err...GhenGhen is from the eastern part of Nigeria, I am a pre-med student at the University of Avignon France, though people who don't know me often say i don't look like a science student lol.. but i don't believe you have to look all geeky with glasses, suspenders and stuff just cos you are science student, all that matters is remaining focused and keeping your credits up, which i have managed to do.. so you see SCIENCE folks, its possible,now drop those glasses and get contact lenses! cheesy.. Yes you can!" :p..

Goals: To be honest, I don't like the current state of Nigeria, not corruption wise though, i dont think anyone except God can do anything about that lol but I know so many smart people who can't go to school because they cant afford it, so many not so smart kids, with mind blowing talents that could put Nigeria on the map, who are being neglected, so many men and women with the highest qualifications  you can ever imagine, still struggling to put food on their kids table.. and many more... My goal is to bring hope to these people,, i yet don't know how I'm gonna do it, but that's what my heart beats for.

Qualities he's attracted to: I'm attracted to fine fine girls Dem with the right thangs in the right places grin, I like positive people, I like people who don't mind looking stupid at times, I like crazy people, I hate liars(some people can lie!! ahn), I like straight forward honest people, (I know everybody lies once in a while, but don't lie big lie, lie small small lie!!), I like people that make you do things you never thought you could. xD

Hobbies & Skills: I can sing cheesy (well of-cos.. every1 is a singer these days) but really I can smiley, I can cook smiley, and i'm pretty good at fixing things, fast thinker as well.

Mentor(s): I don't have a mentor, but some public figures I admire are Richard Branson, Donald Trump and Aliko dangote! damn those manz rich!! cheesy

What makes me different: I'm Ghenghen bwoi, that's what makes me different cheesy.

Favourite Dishes: I like amala and ewedu/egusi!!! and jellof rice and nkwobi!! lord i miss those. . . sad *sigh

Outlook on life: I think life is a game, and if you don't master it, you'll remain at level 1.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Hmmnn, cos i'm Ghenghen6 tongue cheesy..hehe but really i dunno oh, just vote me if you think I deserve it *shrugs*. A+

Vote Nelly as the next Mr Nairaland. . . Contestant number 23.

17 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 24 is <<|codedrock|>>.

Codedrock is a young man in his late teens. A medical laboratory science student from the South West of Nigeria.

Goals: to become a music superstar and a successful webmaster and
also become a medical doctor in future.

Qualities i am attracted to: been i friendly type,
truthfulness, intelligency, meekness.

Hobbies & Skills: singing, watching movies, internet surfing, reading.
Skills i have: i am song write/composer, i am play writer, i am an
actor, and a webmaster.

Mentor(s): Wizkid, Michael Jackson, Justin bieber & Oluwaseun Osewa.

What makes me different: there are many things that makes me different
e.g music i really love music and i can call myself music cos it
touches me a lot, some musics it makes me cry e.g my best song(forever
young) &a song composed by me titled (life is too short) and my friends
thinks i am music freak cos i know lots of music and i do sing then in
words for words as if i am the composer.

Favorite dishes: Jollof rice, (iyan)beans.

Outlook about life: I think life is too, and life is fun if you are able
to have it, and i think we should try everything we can to have the
best he/she can have in life. And i also think life is all about your
believes, determination and coincidences.

Why i deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I tink i will say because i think have a
good look, hot and i really know what nairaland is all about and i am
indeed a very active nairalander.

Vote Contestant Number 24, Codedrock, as the next Mr Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 25 is <<|Eyeswideopen|>>.

Eyeswideopen is from the Northern part of Nigeria. A
200level student of Agriculture in Bayero University Kano in his early 20's.

Goals: to graduate with honours, which I'm pursuing currently. Be a writer and a journalist afterwards, which has always been my dream.

Qualities he gets attracted to: honesty and free-spiritedness.

Mentor(s): My Mom, she is my all time mentor. Oprah Winfrey and Arthur Christopher Benson (I'll like to write a lengthier diary than his!)

Hobbies & Skills: are Reading (I love reading non-academics but rarely get the chance to), listening to music (till my ear hurt) and Writing!. . . I learnt sewing after graduating high school, I may become a fashion designer after graduating, who knows?

What makes me Different: What I believe makes me different is my personality. It's as alternating as anything you can imagine! I can very easily mold myself into whatever person I choose.

Favourite dishes: are, Yam and Stew, Tuwo with Beans Soup, and Scrambled Eggs (for breakfast).

Outlook about life: I have a very positive outlook about life, I think everything is achievable all one needs is set one's mind to it (this I've tested).

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Looking at the past winners I believe they all have one thing in common: Confidence.
I believe I've the confidence to do this.

Vote contestant number 25, EyesWideOpen, as the next Mr Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 26 is <<|Loverboi|>>.

Loverboi is a young and ambitious handsome man in his early tweenties, who is from the north central part of Nigeria.
An industrial technology student of one of the most prestigious universities in the country.

Goals: Making the world a better place for us. Putting smiles in the faces of mankind by creating technological tools/machines that would reduce human labour.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Am attracted to honest, diligent and people with good sense of humour

Mentor(s): My mentor who I look up to is steeve jobs, the founder and brain behind the famous APPLE company

Hobbies & Skills: My hobbies include, footballing, reading and browsing. . . I have a good managerial and enterprenual skill, I can turn stone to gold , mean can bring out the best in people and things.

Outlook on Life: To me life is fun and free

Favourite dishes: Pounded yam with vegetable soup.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: I'm Fun and free.

Vote Loverboi as the next Mr Nairaland. Contestant number 26. . .

4 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt] Contestant Number 27 is <<|MrNigeria|>>.

MrNigeria is a Post graduate Student of Information Science(his course of study), In Nigeria’s  Premier University, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, South West Nigeria. He is in his mid 20's and hails from the South West of Nigeria.

Goals: To be a serial entrepreneur investing in neglected and diverse kinds of businesses . Also, supporting existing charity organizations especially those that cater for the less privileged in the society.

Qualities he gets attracted to:
Patience, humility, cheerful giving, a critical thinker,  tender heartedness, a forbearing personality.

Mentor(s):
People of integrity, society changers and great innovators in GENERAL.

Hobbies & Skills:
Researching, graphic designing, online  information seeking.

. . Playing Musical instruments, Also i ve a very good pop/soul singing ability though due to some reasons i ve not exploited it in a great way.

What makes me different:
Am the very patient and reserved type, quite an introvert with a good forgiving spirit. Hardly will you see me get annoyed at people no matter the kind of offence they commit against me. Moreover, i  can carry out a great deal of
female duties and responsibilities  that most guys shy away from LOL. For example Cooking food and even Pounding yam for the family despite the presence of three ladies in da house!!!!...i can even baby sit your baby self LOL.

Favourite dishes: POUNDED YAM + egusi soup,   Beans + mashed Potato,   Ice cold Garri Ijebu + milk + sugar

Outlook on life: Life is a transitional experience that we humans have to live with the best of our ability. Touching and impacting the lives of others and putting others first before ourselves should be what we should all strive for even if it seems impossible. Those who invest in the life of others always never regret their actions because what you give can never be directly proportional to what you get in return.

Why I deserve to be Mr NL: 
The decision and the zeal to participate in a virtual public forum despite some privacy concerns. Also, i always strive to be the first and the best of the rest even in the midst of the best.

Vote contestant number 27, MrNigeria, as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

6 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Contestant Number 28 is <<|Dr Nairalov|>>.

Drnairalov is in his early 20's.
A graduate of law, and currently working in a law firm. He is from the South East of Nigeria.

Goals: Simply to be successful nd I dnt mean money, whateva I choose
to do, I wanna enjoy it be good at it nd no continue bettering myself

Mentor: No one!!!

Hobbies & Skills: Rapping, acting, cycling den ma FIFA game
. Skills: Ambitious, cooperative -work well with others, calm and
determined under pressure

Favourite dishes: any great food goes none in particular

Outlook about life: well I have a positive outlook bout it

What makes me different: Tough question, all I can say is I'm openhearted
to people around me...

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: cos I ve [what it takes #simple

5 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Voting will be from 10:00am to 7:00pm Nigeria Time...

13 contestants with the least amount of votes today will be Eliminated!

You are entitled to vote for up to 15 contestants you'll like to see in the next round.

Members who registered after June 01 2013 are not allowed to vote. If they do, their votes will be rendered invalid.

Please DO NOT vote with an alternate account, if you do, well, the vacation may be permanent.

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 - Elimination Round 1. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 11, 2013
Nairaland rules are strictly to be adhered to on this thread, please. DO NOT campaign with extra large fonts, else they'll be hidden.

We do hope you have a wonderful voting experience...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61)

"Moaning During Sex Is A Crime" - Ghanaian Lawyer Maurice Ampaw / Man Shares His Experience With The Real Boyfriend Of Girl He's Dating / Mans Shares Chat Of A Friend Who Called Him Gay, For Refusing To Sleep With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.