Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons (1132 Views)

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / Life And What To Expect Under APC And PDP. Just 2 Pictures... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 1:51am On Jun 11, 2013

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 1:57am On Jun 11, 2013

How do you pack your champions inside trailer like ileya goats?

The sad effect of National incompetence, cluelessness, crudeness, crassness, lack of patriotic spirit and National pride

smh....

1 Like

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 2:04am On Jun 11, 2013
While i think it's highly embarrassing to use that kind of pickup truck to convey human beings let alone African women's champions, i don't think it's fair to juxtapose those pictures because the female team have been wrongly neglected even though they have won numerous African championships. You should be using what the FG did for the Super eagles and what the Lagos state did for them if you really want to compare.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Raiyo: 2:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Dammit....

If you didn't look closely enough you will think that they are Mallams transporting goats from the north!!

It's highly deplorable a situation!

1 Like

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 2:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva: While i think it's highly embarrassing to use that kind of pickup truck to convey human beings let alone African women's champions, i don't think it's fair to juxtapose those pictures because the female team have been wrongly neglected even though they have won numerous African championships. You should be using what the FG did for the Super eagles and what the Lagos state did for them if you really want to compare.

When its lagos or fashola, you come out swinging with wild, flawed and irrational attacks, but when it comes to your worthless federal government, you start making meaningless and irrelevant excuses.

And why should I look for another picture to prove an obvious point when I already have enough to make my point. Green eagles or falcon, it makes no difference.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 2:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Eko Ile:

When its lagos or fashola, you come out swinging with wild, flawed and irrational attacks, but when it comes to your worthless federal government, you start making meaningless and irrelevant excuses.

And why should I look for another picture to prove an obvious point when I already have enough to make my point. Green eagles or falcon, it makes no difference.
Did the Lagos state government host the falcons and if they didn't, why? and if they did, what did they parade them in? That's if they were paraded at all. My point is that, don't use the falcons to judge the FG granted that they goofed on using such truck for the falcons. If you wan to compare, there has to be a level playing field. Compare what the FG did for the eagles with what Lagos did for the eagles and not what the FG did for the falcons with what Lagos did for the eagles. is that too much to ask for?
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by OMAJE4: 3:09am On Jun 11, 2013
If the OP wasn't thinking like an "ileya goat" himself, I'm sure he would have noticed that the Nigeria FA isnt a govt Parastatal but a totally independent body which the FG is powerless to act on despite decades of incompetence and entrenched corruption. That bus was hired by the FA to convey the Falcons and had no'n to do with the Federal Govt. Whoever hosted them in Lagos only chose a better bus. You should be asking the FA why they conveyed the Falcons in a rickety bus and not the FG.

1 Like

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 3:10am On Jun 11, 2013
OMAJE4: If the OP wasn't thinking like an "ileya goat" himself, I'm sure he would have noticed that the Nigeria FA isnt a govt Parastatal but a totally independent body which the FG is powerless to act on despite decades of incompetence and entrenched corruption. That bus was hired by the FA to convey the Falcons and had no'n to do with the Federal Govt. Whoever hosted them in Lagos only chose a better bus. You should be asking the FA why they conveyed the Falcons in a rickety bus and not the FG.
I didn't even think of this.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 3:28am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did the Lagos state government host the falcons and if they didn't, why? and if they did, what did they parade them in? That's if they were paraded at all. My point is that, don't use the falcons to judge the FG granted that they goofed on using such truck for the falcons. If you wan to compare, there has to be a level playing field. Compare what the FG did for the eagles with what Lagos did for the eagles and not what the FG did for the falcons with what Lagos did for the eagles. is that too much to ask for?

Still pointless and irrelevant since it doesn't matter who it happened to or change the fact that your country packed her champions inside trailer likke ileya goats which remains the the point and not your irrelevant and pointless stories.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 3:32am On Jun 11, 2013
Eko Ile:

Still pointless and irrelevant since it doesn't matter who it happened to or change the fact that your country packed her champions inside trailer likke ileya goats which remains the the point and not your irrelevant and pointless stories.

You should have made this point without trying to compare the FG and Lagos state. You can agree that you shot yourself in the foot by doing that. I hope you've learned from this experience.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 3:37am On Jun 11, 2013
OMAJE4: If the OP wasn't thinking like an "ileya goat" himself, I'm sure he would have noticed that the Nigeria FA isnt a govt Parastatal but a totally independent body which the FG is powerless to act on despite decades of incompetence and entrenched corruption. That bus was hired by the FA to convey the Falcons and had no'n to do with the Federal Govt. Whoever hosted them in Lagos only chose a better bus. You should be asking the FA why they conveyed the Falcons in a rickety bus and not the FG.

Hosting and picking up your champions from the airport are 2 different things and the FA is not responsible for the safety and transportation of the national . There is a reason why the National seal sitting prominently on the sign in front of that trailer.

Even going by your bogus story, its even worse to surrender your arriving national heroes to an ordinary association and subject them to that national disgrace and shame who sent them to that tournament? The FA or the federal republic of Nigeria.?

Try again...
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 3:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
You should have made this point without trying to compare the FG and Lagos state. You can agree that you shot yourself in the foot by doing that. I hope you've learned from this experience.

You are still the same afam and the fact that you are running around making silly point and excuses for such display of shame and absurdity says you are still afam . Defending and celebrating the bad and the ugly is nothing new to you, this is your favorite activity so no surprise here.

The shooting yourself nonsense unfortunately was a reflection of your own insecurities about your worthless Abuja folks because pictures don't lie, it's up there true color for all to see.

Den say you still 10 kobo and you say no be so because na only 5 kobo I still. You are worse than elementary school kid ....smh.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Afam4eva(m): 3:47am On Jun 11, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are still the same afam and the fact that you are running around making silly point and excuses for such display of shame and absurdity says you are still afam . Defending and celebrating the bad and the ugly is nothing new to you, this is your favorite activity so no surprise here..

Den say you still 10 kobo and you day no be so because na only 5 kobo I still. You are worse than elementary school kid ....smh.
Stop trying to change the goal post. Your reason for creating this thread was to compare Fashola(Lagos government) and Jonathan(Nigerian government) but it backfired because you didn't present a good case and it also seems you didn't do your research very well. It would have made better sense to allow people comment on the rickety bus provided by the government instead of bringing Lagos into it. The reason why a lot of people who used to support Fashola or ACN are rethinking is because their spokepeople and supporters which you're one of are not doing a good job. You people are killing your party by yourself by making silly comparisons.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by OMAJE4: 3:57am On Jun 11, 2013
Eko Ile:

Hosting and picking up your champions from the airport are 2 different things and the FA is not responsible for the safety and transportation of the national . There is a reason why the National seal sitting prominently on the sign in front of that trailer.

Even going by your bogus story, its even worse to surrender your arriving national heroes to an ordinary association and subject them to that national disgrace and shame who sent them to that tournament? The FA or the federal republic of Nigeria.?

Try again...
The Super Eagles are in Namibia as we speak, all that concerns them would be handled by the FA and they wld only contact the embassy if they run into any trouble. In Kenya a week ago the FA had to make new hotel and transport arrangements for the Super Eagles cos they weren't happy with the Kenyan arrangement just as the Kenya FA had to make arrangements for her national team when She faced similar problems in Nigeria a month ago, the embassy took a back seat on both occasions why? Cos a country's national team is the responsibility of her FA in ALL ASPECTS!
Baba Ijebu, Football is not ewedu and amala, it also requires some level of intelligence to understand what happens outside kicking football - intelligence you obviously lack. Why not stick to your usual Fuji-resque praise singing? Oya take mic, wetin Fashola do last nite?

1 Like

Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 4:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Stop trying to change the goal post.

To start with, this thread remains about the 2 pictures and not all the silly and side rubbish you keep regurgitating so we know who is doing goal changing. Hold yourself and don't lose balance.

Your reason for creating this thread was to compare Fashola(Lagos government) and Jonathan(Nigerian government) but it backfired because you didn't present a good case and it also seems you didn't do your research very well.

Like I said, your bogus and irrelevant excuses and defense of the worthless federal government is a reflection of your own insecurities because no reference was made regarding Jonathan or Fashola, but since it's in your blood and DNA to defend the dullard by any means necessary, you have to jump the gun and make pointless and meaningless statements that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is a sad example of your own flawed judgment and sense of rationalization.

[s]It would have made better sense to allow people comment on the rickety bus provided by the government instead of bringing Lagos into it. The reason why a lot of people who used to support Fashola or ACN are rethinking is because their spokepeople and supporters which you're one of are not doing a good job. You people are killing your party by yourself by making silly comparisons.[/s]

Your Jonathan insecurities and fears has no bearing on me or dictates to me how I make my point so save your stories and Jonathan worries and if you feel like turning this topic into a Fashola Vs Jonathan topic, bring it on, you know I enjoy clowning that clueless and incompetent dullard...
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 4:38am On Jun 11, 2013
OMAJE4: ^ Ewure, the Super Eagles are in Namibia as we speak, all that concerns them would be handled by the FA and they wld only contact the embassy if they run into any trouble. In Kenya a week ago the FA had to make new hotel and transport arrangements for the Super Eagles cos they weren't happy with the Kenyan arrangement just as the Kenya FA had to make arrangements for her national team when She faced similar problems in Nigeria a month ago, the embassy took a back seat on both occasions why? Cos a country's national team is the responsibility of her FA in ALL ASPECTS!
Baba Ijebu, Football is not ewedu and amala, it also requires some level of intelligence to understand what happens outside kicking football - intelligence you obviously lack. Why not stick to your usual Fuji-resque praise singing? Oya take mic, wetin Fashola do last nite?

And all this rubbish alters the fact that its your national team and they represent and play under your national flag? Please find a better argument.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by 99cent: 4:40am On Jun 11, 2013

this picture is so embarrassing
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Egbagirl(f): 6:23am On Jun 11, 2013
I don't care whose responsibility this is. The point is it is absolutely wrong!! I can't believe this even happened. Smh.
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by yuzedo: 6:27am On Jun 11, 2013
"Oyege" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by yuzedo: 6:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Egba girl: I don't care whose responsibility this is. The point is it is absolutely wrong!! I can't believe this even happened. Smh.
I will take care of u. Gimme a chans. I won't put u inside oyege tipper. Plis PM me swerry. grin grin
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by lekkie073(m): 6:30am On Jun 11, 2013
so dat blue truck was used to convey our national heroes in Abuja? dats baaaad grin
dat second pix remind me of the bus used by manutd to parade their heroes. fashola sabi good thing sha!
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by AbuMikey(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2013
This is the height of GENDER SEGREGATION....I weep for the Falcons!!
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2013
The boys are richer and won a more important trophy grin angry
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by johnwizey: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by Wendyslim(f): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Ohhh toooo bad. Dey deserve a nice space bus not a truck. Poor reception, Smh embarassed
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by dridowu: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2013
Its d responsibility of FG to take care of is hero, dy represent the nation at large but not the FA
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by DuduNegro: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2013
These players, whether Falcons or Eagles, are high assets to the nation and cannot be replaced short term were they to become victims in a high risk exposure to danger and hazards. So we must check few things to help improve their transportation going forward.

Vehicles used for transporting mass population are required to carry license that cover the passenger and properties. The double decker bus is a mass transit bus and falls under this category.

Similarly, flatbed trucks designed for hauling goods and produce must carry license that cover loss of stock and perishable goods ruined by acts contingent on their transportation from one point to another. Thus the blue truck shown in this picture fall under that category.

In both instances, the payloads are expected to be fastened down for additional safety.

These questions must be asked:

1. Were these vehicles part of a convoy in a victory parade?

2. Were these high valued national assets exposed to unecessary risks and endangerement?

3. Were they covered under individiual insurance?

4. A fatal accident would constitute high risk exposure to danger. If a fatal accident were to happen, what are the chances that the insurer of the blue truck would pay for the losses to the human cargo?

On a risk assessment scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is somewhat tolerable and 5 is highly unnaceptable; score each of the buses on two values of

(a) this action was thoughtful and should be repeated in future needs.
(b) the red bus should be the adopted model and baselined for improved usage in future
Re: A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons by EkoIle1: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
dridowu: Its d responsibility of FG to take care of is hero, dy represent the nation at large but not the FA

Abi now. people just like to make ignorant excuses to justify incompetency and gross neglect ...

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Visits Ailing Ojb jezreel In Her New Lexus SUV / Boko Haram Kingpin Amir Of Bulabulin Ngarnam, With N10million Bounty Killed(pix) / Caught On Video, Nigerian Police Displaying Some Amazing Skills, Deserves Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.