Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180646 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
mithras:
You guys are amazing!!! Please let's keep this thread alive. I just started learning blender from scratch a few days ago and I'd like to ask a quick question. Roughly how long does it take to complete say, a 1 minute animation? Pardon my naivety, I'm a total newbie willing to learn.

This depends on the geometry u have in ur project and the RAM of ur system and Graphic cards u have.

And if u got an instancing like plants , progressions or simulations.

And if you use a high density mesh or apply subdivs too much.
these are factors that affect render time. Even though Cycles have greatly improved render times, try the nightly builds of Corona.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Once upon a time, this very thread was uber famous...

It nurtured several greats.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2017
mithras:
You guys are amazing!!! Please let's keep this thread alive. I just started learning blender from scratch a few days ago and I'd like to ask a quick question. Roughly how long does it take to complete say, a 1 minute animation? Pardon my naivety, I'm a total newbie willing to learn.
it depends on the specs of your computer and the scale of your project. It may take hours, days, months, a year.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 12:46am On Sep 03, 2017
Something from my early Blender days

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 1:59am On Sep 24, 2017
mithras:
it totally depends on ur learning curve and the computing power of ur PC. if ur PC sucks then it will definitely take like 1mnth (Nepa factor included)

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 2:02am On Sep 24, 2017
IMAliyu:
Something from my early Blender days
It reminds me of the film "the Exam"

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 2:03am On Sep 24, 2017
My Latest Render for Sept.

9 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Steampunk phone

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
IMAliyu:
Steampunk phone
This is the best....perfect rendering

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Rick9(m): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys am Rick an aspiring graphics designer, truth is I so much admire 3D Art works I downloaded Blender so that I can learn how to to create 3D art works, but I couldnt understand anything, so I deleted the program, but I would love to go back to it.

But I wish someone can be so kind enough explain some little things to a beginner like me, for instance what exactly does these terms mean in simple language.

RENDERING
TEXTURING
LIGHTING
UNWRAPPING
MAPPING

Thanks guys
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ncpat(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Rick9:
Hi guys am Rick an aspiring graphics designer, truth is I so much admire 3D Art works I downloaded Blender so that I can learn how to to create 3D art works, but I couldnt understand anything, so I deleted the program, but I would love to go back to it.

But I wish someone can be so kind enough explain some little things to a beginner like me, for instance what exactly does these terms mean in simple language.

RENDERING
TEXTURING
LIGHTING
UNWRAPPING
MAPPING

Thanks guys

Rendering : is to bring out your final work into still picture or video, in 3D softwares you can design anything by way of Modelling and render it out to see the final result.

Texturing: for easy understanding simply means painting your design or model but it goes beyong that as many 3D artist wants their work to be realistic therefore combining UNWRAPPING and MAPPING.

LIGHTING : Just know that your 3D design is inside a dark room without bulb light so you can`t see anything, therefore it is essential to always add a light source for your design to be visible and realistic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 11:41am On Oct 03, 2017
ncpat:

Rendering : is to bring out your final work into still picture or video, in 3D softwares you can design anything by way of Modelling and render it out to see the final result.

Texturing: for easy understanding simply means painting your design or model but it goes beyong that as many 3D artist wants their work to be realistic therefore combining UNWRAPPING and MAPPING.

LIGHTING : Just know that your 3D design is inside a dark room without bulb light so you can`t see anything, therefore it is essential to always add a light source for your design to be visible and realistic.

astute to the point
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by chidanzy(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
House educate me

What can I use blender for as a profession ?

Why do i need to be a 3d artist in Nigeria?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by frankmoney(m): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2018
Latest render

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by femarse: 5:05am On Mar 27, 2018
frankmoney:
Latest render
can u tutor me pls
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by KazukiIto(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
femarse:
can u tutor me pls
www.blenderguru.com Follow the 9-part beginner's series tutorial and you should be up and dandy

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlessedHay(m): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Kindly state the specifications one should go for when one is looking to get a system that a beginner can use to learn 3D animations.. thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by femarse: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2018
BlessedHay:
Kindly state the specifications one should go for when one is looking to get a system that a beginner can use to learn 3D animations.. thanks
4gig ram minimum requirements and ssd will be better but not necessarily external GPU is very important, core i5 Intel processor
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ok maybe its time we wake this page up again, where is kaz... Where yall??
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 12:15am On Jun 03, 2018
jjk24:
Ok maybe its time we wake this page up again, where is kaz... Where yall??

he's in the freezer ....nitrogenated till 2024.

Been watching too much of the matrix since morning grin
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by mavinjay1(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2018
My 1st works of Blender...

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
nijabazaar:

This is the best....perfect rendering
Thanks for the compliment.
It was for a challenge on some Facebook page and the topic was steampunk.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
donemmx:

It reminds me of the film "the Exam"
I was going for an interrogation room.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Let's revive this thread.
These are from the days I was learning blender.
My first water simultaneously and my first tree render.
I used an old with laptop core i3 processor, with no internal or external GPU. I took hours to render and weeks for a minute of animation.

I currently don't have a computer that can render so at the moment I haven't made anything new, but I still have some ideas I want to make

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Just a football on the street

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
This was inspired by this page from a manga(Japanese comic) "Blame!" I was reading at the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by IMAliyu(m): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
Something I made for my sister.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by KazukiIto(m): 1:42am On Sep 11, 2018
I'm still a learner though. Barely a year.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by KazukiIto(m): 1:43am On Sep 11, 2018
WIP.

3 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by nijabazaar: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Blenderheads...

This thread is the spearhead
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by NoChill: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
Please i need help, how can I get xport my render in png in blender

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.