Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye (11872 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / 20 Missing, 100 Buildings, Vehicles Destroyed In Anambra Flood - Sun News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by lekanolas: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Indications have emerged that over 100 buildings located in the valley near Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government may be demolished as the Lagos State Government yesterday ordered issuance of quit notice to the residents.

It was learnt that the government’s move may not have been unconnected with the picture of the aerial view of the community published in national daily at the weekend.

The picture revealed the likely danger for the community and the risk it portends to lives and property. Hence, the Lagos State Building and Control Agency (LABCA), Lagos Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government held an emergency meeting after inspecting the swampy community. They said the buildings lack approval and could no longer be allowed to occupy the place.

At the meeting held behind closed doors, plan on the modality for evacuating residents and the demolition of the structures was drawn. Speaking after inspecting the community, LASEMA General Manager, Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the move was to avert a looming disaster.

He added that the agency would begin enumeration of the structures to know the number of residents to be affected. Oke-Osanyintolu said: “We have moved here swiftly with our stakeholders, LABCA, an agency in the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development and the affected council to form an action committee in less than 24 hours, we give the state the report of the findings. By the time we finish our enumeration, we will reveal the exact numbers of the affected residents.

“But what we want members of the public to know now is that they should remain calm; there is no need for panic as all relevant stakeholders are working to avert disaster.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-may-demolish-100-buildings-in-swampy-ifako-ijaiye/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Capnd143(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
I like lagos state govt for this actions. The people are always complaining of living in slums bt when govt wants to take action the will accuse Fashola of hating the Poor by demolishing those homes!! If lagos must be a world class city like the likes of Johannesburg,new york,anthens,rio de jenairo then we must be ready tn pay the price! Fashola for president 2015

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
They should nuke Shomolu and bariga join... Those vicinities breed likes of idowuogbo, okija juju, musiwa and co.. angry

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by lion042(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
I hope their will be a compensation? You know nigeria is corrupt
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Goldenheart(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Who said not again? lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by buoye1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Carry go BRF
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by miteolu(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
Why not Lekki areas.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by blueheart(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Have always wondered why people live close to that deep valley for years. Precarious standing houses dot the side of the deep. Passing through that thing called a bridge, makes me sick to my tummy. Good move by LASG but they need to resettle the affected residents tho
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by yuzedo: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
sheyie2007: They should nuke Shomolu and bariga join... Those vicinities breed likes of idowuogbo, okija juju, musiwa and co.. angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fashala, bro, u neeeeeed to put AC on d road in Ikoyi. we desserv it! wink

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by greall1: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
any compensation from govt after demo
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by OMG2013(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
pls whr in Ifako-Agege!!!! That's my hood
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Goodcare(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
o.k ooo
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by naptu2: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
miteolu: Why not Lekki areas.

It's already been done in Lekki and some demolition is ongoing (I witnessed it last week).

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by emyibe(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
what will happen to the people living there?
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Omen100(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
sheyie2007: They should nuke Shomolu and bariga join... Those vicinities breed likes of idowuogbo, okija juju, musiwa and co.. angry

dat trouble wey u dey fine like who lost her only new N50 note , u go soon see an, just wait make d people u called their names read ur post
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by lockedOut: 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
as dem dey do the cinema/orimolade side make dem no forget say their abandoned work dey maternity too o! angry angry angry
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by miteolu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
naptu2:

It's already been done in Lekki and some demolition is ongoing (I witnessed it last week).

ok o
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by born2fuckpussy: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Those posts hidden were denied of freedom of speech, even their negative contributiion should be allow except silly words like first or second to post

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Pukkah: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
lion042: I hope their will be a compensation? You know nigeria is corrupt

Do governments pay compensation to owners of demolished houses that were built without approvals?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Dee60: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Demolition regime. 2015 beckons!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by cumpaddre(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Some eeedddiotss will say its "signs of end-time" mscheeeww!!!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Controversy: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Omo wahala de oo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Pukkah: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dee60: Demolition regime. 2015 beckons!

How would you solve the problem if you were Governor Fashola?
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by omiobo: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
I feel for the affected people. By now they will all be in sorrowful state of mind. May the Lord give them the grace to regain their losses.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by oshea44: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
i have always love Fashola moves, but this one ehn, na my hood oooh, shook first owe me, anyways, we are ready make Lagos look better for us....
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Lawalemi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Obawole should be among these communities
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by brownlolly(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
That place is lyk 3streets away from my house. We call it zanga. Criminals hideout and cool off in dose zones..nice one Lagos govt.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
brownlolly: That place is lyk 3streets away from my house. We call it zanga. Criminals hideout and cool off in dose zones..nice one Lagos govt.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye by Okijajuju: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Thinks like this can never happen in Banana eyeland.. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Hands Over N3.85bn Esan Water Project To Edo Government / APC: We Won't Give Preferential Treatment To Any Aspirant In Edo / We Won’t Allow Unpatriotic Elements Destroy Nigeria — DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.