Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) (30854 Views)

Cheap MTN, ETISALAT, GLO AIRTEL Data Plans 1K = 1GB @ www.datadeal.com.ng / Guide To Unlock E5220 3g Modem Huawei , Use Any Network Sim Unlock Code E5220 / MTN, Glo, Airtel, Starcomms, Visafone USB 3G Router For All Networks,now N10,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) by bishopjoe02(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
Migrating or switching from your current network operator to another (e.g from MTN to Glo, Glo to MTN, Etisalat to Airtel etc) is referred to as Mobile Number Portability (MNP). This service, MNP allows all Nigerians to migrate from their current network service to any other network of their choice within Nigeria, they can also migrate to their old network operator if they so desire. Migration from one network operator to another can only be done after 90 days of your last migration.

MNP will enable a subscriber to move from his service provider (donor) to another (recipient) without losing the number he/she already uses (eg change from MTN to Glo Mobile without losing his/her MTN number).

When you request to change your service provider, the recipient provider will issue you a new sim card but you will still retain your phone number. This simply means a subscriber can keep his/her phone number when changing from one service provider to another despite the change in the SIM card of the subscriber.

For you to understand the processes involved in MNP, you have to familiarize yourself with the terms below:

Port In: joining a new service provider
Port Out: leaving a service provider
Subscriber : The customer that owns the number to be ported
Recipient: The service provider that a subscriber is changing to
Donor: The service provider a subscriber is changing from

If you want to change your service provider, you will have to visit a recipient operator via one of its points of sale such as office, friendship centre, high street store, corporate sales team, or authorised dealer. For example, if you want to change from MTN to Glo, you will have to visit a Gloworld outlet or a Glozone shop to request for MNP.

When you get to the office of the recipient, you will be issued MNP request form to fill. You must have a valid proof of identity with visible photograph, your SIM must be ACTIVE, you must be able to provide the serial number of your SIM card and you must have registered the active SIM card.

A new SIM of the recipient provider will be issued to you and the SIM will be registeredat the office. You will be informed to text ”PORT” to 3232. If you fail to send the text, the request will not be honoured.

The recipient provider will forward your request to NPC (Number Portability Clearing House ) where validation will be carried out. If validated OK, the SIM will be activated and you will be informed.

Once your new SIM is activated, any airtime you have left on your old SIM will be wiped off and calls you make thereafter will be billed according to the default tariff plan of your new service provider BUT your phone number will still remain the same.

3 Likes

Re: How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) by jelly456: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks for giving information.
Your post was very useful to transfer my mobile number.
I followed your steps and got my new Simple Mobile sim.But my mobile won't accept this sim.At that time,I had no idea about .I bought this phone from my closest friend.So i called him and discussed about this problem.He said ,I needed to unlock my phone.For unlocking i reffered
Unlock-Free.com Now i really enjoy my new simple mobile sim card.
Re: How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) by imocheezy1: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for this, I was able to port to Airtel network

1 Like

Re: How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) by Tonytonex(m): 11:36am On Jan 31
Things supposed to have changed by now.
Re: How To Port Your Phone Number Across Any Network (etisalat, Glo, Airtel, MTN) by Tonytonex(m): 11:43am On Jan 31
imocheezy1:
Thanks for this, I was able to port to Airtel network
from which network?

(1) (Reply)

Hot Cake: Used Ibm Thinkpad T40 Pentium M Laptop For Sale: / USA Used HP Revolve Core i5 for sale. / CHEAPEST ETISALAT DATA 200MB=N200, 1G=N600, 2G=N1100 Any Payment Method Accepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.