Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (242956 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Proffdada: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2013
It will be either MT6589[a] Cortex A7
(ARMv7) 1.2 GHz
quad-
core PowerVR
SGX544
@
286 MHz
Or
MT6589M Cortex A7
(ARMv7) 1.2 GHz
quad-
core PowerVR
SGX544
@
156 MHz
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
samwind1508:
Come to computer village ur self, get the address here and buy then enjoy it trip back exploring the tab going back activating all applications
where do u say the address is...pls
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jeffy1206(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lagusta:

me sef I dey confused, I no know which one to buy, I saw the f7 yesterday with my aunt, and I was like.......

nw this tablet..... am just confused!!!! sad embarassed cry
well for me i browze a lot and i need a large screen phone to solve it...i guess ill go for it and buy asha for calls.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
temmyvoice: pls how much is dis tab?
about 36 thousand naira

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Sommy47: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
Young po413:

they are copying samsung,samsung dey release phones anyhow,can you imagine,galaxy chat,neo,star,romeo,jumong,young,fame,dice,duet,easy,mega,ace,y,sport,grand etc,all these in just six months interval.lol
why is this so painful dear? Its simply business strateggies ok!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
n9

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hotdiamond: n9

bro give us small review na if you've bought it already. we've seen enough pix already.....
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Juniorrei(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
Elijahdre how much is the gionee gpad g2?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by elijahdre1: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Junior_rei: Elijahdre how much is the gionee gpad g2?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
review commin up tomorrow bit by bit good nyt
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tonardo(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2013
I need a video review.... On youtube
How good is battery life??
How fast is it.? Does it lag.?
Does it drops frame?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by texazzpete(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Ok, quick question.

What exactly is the wisdom in buying this tablet for 36k when for an extra 5 - 10k you'll get a Nexus 7, running a much faster chipset, better screen and guaranteed updates from Google to the latest Android versions?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete: Ok, quick question.

What exactly is the wisdom in buying this tablet for 36k when for an extra 5 - 10k you'll get a Nexus 7, running a much faster chipset, better screen and guaranteed updates from Google to the latest Android versions?

everybody wants to find a way of tackling tecno shaa!!!!

remember, if Nokia had endorsed android, even Samsung will be begging to be bought, not to talk of HTC and Sony!!!

so please give these guys a break!!!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2013
as for me, I see a 5.0 mp camera, while the tecno phantom F7 uses 8.0 mp camera..... that's a minus on the tablet.....

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete: Ok, quick question.

where do u see Nexus 7 for that amount and what advantage has it over n9
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by texazzpete(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2013
Elsafema: where do u see Nexus 7 for that amount and what advantage has it over n9

Nexus 7 16GB is sold for around 40k +.
Downsides? No rear camera, Wifi only (the 3G version is rare, may be around 5k more)
Upsides? Stock Android (so guaranteed updates from Google for years, faster processor, better GPU)

Lagusta:

everybody wants to find a way of tackling tecno shaa!!!!

remember, if Nokia had endorsed android, even Samsung will be begging to be bought, not to talk of HTC and Sony!!!

so please give these guys a break!!!

I'm not tackling anything/anybody. I think Tecno is ripping off its buyers, though.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by samwind1508(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete:

Nexus 7 16GB is sold for around 40k +.
Downsides? No rear camera, Wifi only (the 3G version is rare, may be around 5k more)
Upsides? Stock Android (so guaranteed updates from Google for years, faster processor, better GPU)

I'm not tackling anything/anybody. I think Tecno is ripping off its buyers, though.
no u are just a sorry ass of a human being that can't afford any and yet can wonder at how people are being ripped off and yet cannot provide a cheaper version except a mouth version
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by texazzpete(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
samwind1508:
no u are just a sorry ass of a human being that can't afford any and yet can wonder at how people are being ripped off and yet cannot provide a cheaper version except a mouth version

What's with these Tecno treads that make some of you so antsy sef? I'm merely asking questions and you're flaring up like this...
As for your 'can't afford any' crack, I think folks who know me on Nairaland know I can easily afford to buy any gadget in the market.

Now, my point is, the most expensive Tecno phone now is the Phantom, and it's sold for 35k. Still uses the Mediatek MTK6577 SoC from early 2012...and that chipset has since been replaced by the quad core MT6589 series which brings in an upgraded CPU and a much improved GPU (SGX 544 vs the way inferior SGX 531). Phones running the 6577 chipset are now way cheaper these days, in the $150 range. I'd expect Tecno to reflect this in their pricing and leave the 35k range for their quad core series.

Then again, the Phantom's build quality looks nice, so I could be wrong and that's where Tecno is having to increase the cost somewhat.

I came in here with no intention of an argument...we're having a conversation on phones here. Please don't misconstrue my words, or assume you and I have the same financial challenges. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete:

What's with these Tecno treads that make some of you so antsy sef? I'm merely asking questions and you're flaring up like this...
As for your 'can't afford any' crack, I think folks who know me on Nairaland know I can easily afford to buy any gadget in the market.

Now, my point is, the most expensive Tecno phone now is the Phantom, and it's sold for 35k. Still uses the Mediatek MTK6577 SoC from early 2012...and that chipset has since been replaced by the quad core MT6589 series which brings in an upgraded CPU and a much improved GPU (SGX 544 vs the way inferior SGX 531). Phones running the 6577 chipset are now way cheaper these days, in the $150 range. I'd expect Tecno to reflect this in their pricing and leave the 35k range for their quad core series.

Then again, the Phantom's build quality looks nice, so I could be wrong and that's where Tecno is having to increase the cost somewhat.

I came in here with no intention of an argument...we're having a conversation on phones here. Please don't misconstrue my words, or assume you and I have the same financial challenges. Thank you

Boss. Don't take it personal abeg, let's talk!!!

The phantom A is quite aesthetically appealing, I think it also runs a quad core 4.2 jellybean, not dual core....

It has 8.0MP camera and a front 2.0MP camera....

I can't remember the RAM, microprocessor speed and internal memory, but I know its on the high side!!!

And I think the price has reduced now, about 30K or so....
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tonardo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lagusta: as for me, I see a 5.0 mp camera, while the tecno phantom F7 uses 8.0 mp camera..... that's a minus on the tablet.....
show me a tablet that has more than 5.0 m.pon as the rear camera?
tablets are not konwn for good or superb camera..
and that F7 has 1GB rom can't take much apps compare to 16GB rom,.
The difference is clear,..

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by samwind1508(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete:

ur ego in speaking jargon is remarkable because u claim at being smart but u don't even have ur facts straight
1. this is an n9 thread not phantom A1/ f7
2. tecno knew they were going to enter the tablet market and they needed to do something different that would create the wow effect, so if f7 carried the quad core chip the tablet was going to struggle so f7 in all its glory got stuck with a dual core.
3. the market always determines the real price in the end and as long as free market exist different prices would always be found, the 35k was an intro price and as of last week before n9 entered the market I saw it for 32000 @ the village and now that n9 is out u can guess what it would be going for now, its market trend
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tonardo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
texazzpete:

Sorry Boss
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
Texazzpete, I will like to know where I can get a nexus 7 with 3G for that price?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by tonardo(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
dsunmade: Texazzpete, I will like to know where I can get a nexus 7 with 3G for that price?
www.
but you cant get phone call features
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
n9 antutu benchmarks

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by biomedixexcel(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hotdiamond: n9 antutu benchmarks
OMG! the phone is beast!!!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
the n9 kills the tab 10.1 TKO

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Hotdiamond(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
the tablet runs butter smooth as in butter smooth.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hotdiamond: n9 antutu benchmarks

yeah boss nkice one tecno n9. please how's the battery life?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
Superb tablet, this. Just ran the antutu test, and got 13138.

And its running the mtk8389 instead of mtk6589 chipset.

Also has 10Gig of free storage left out of the 16Gig onboard, to be used.

Grab one,if you can. I paid 36K for it yesterday, here in Abuja.

Shame is that it's not mine, but a client's am loading stuff for.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cr@zydude:

yeah boss nkice one tecno n9. please how's the battery life?
@ Deeman pls tell us about battry life and rexolutn HD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.