Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

One Piece (anime/manga) - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Piece (anime/manga) (169416 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lol I'm not following the anime but from the Nairalandinfo's I figure Senór Pink and Frankie have begun their fight.

Hope its worth it.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by TopsyKrete: 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
kraftykc:
Lol I'm not following the anime but from the Nairalandinfo's I figure Senór Pink and Frankie have begun their fight.

Hope its worth it.

I tot i was alone on this, i always delay my download of OP to like 7 to 10 episolds before doing justice.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by TopsyKrete: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nairalandinfo:

Dunno abt android but if u have got a BB, then use the in-built browser (not UC web/operamini) to download from kissanime.com OR check chia-anime.com that @sagenaruto gave mi....besides I hate narutobase'z downloadz....too much mb just for one episode? No not mi

I like dem HD format on ma HDTV, buh i am not doing 200mb for one episold again
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by ctuagent007: 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
TopsyKrete:
My honorable One Piece fans,
There is a special service announcement i will like you to take note of, and that is the aspect of SPOILER ALERT!!!
There are some of us that have vowed not to read the OP manga due to factors best known to us ( as in we like to keep our imaginations alive till the anime is aired).

Please, will you be willing to indicate a Spoiler Alert at any Manga sightings on this thread, since the manga is like 6 to 8 months into the future story of OP?

Arigato!!!
I believe u are mistakenly following only the anime because the anime is filled with fillers per episode.....for instance in the last episode, where Luffy was shown punching people anyhow, it wasn't like that in the manga, the same goes for the introduction of Diamante & Burguess.
All the times, one manga chapter is divided into 2 or 3 episodes with stupid fillers occupying the space....coupled with the BAD animation almost every episode.
I wish they could postpone the anime(having like 80-100 gap from the manga) and have like 15-20 episode fillers so that they could channel/focus on the cannon episode just as TV Tokyo does with naruto episodes(20-25 fillers every year) whereby what should be for cannon should be cannon & fillers be left to fillers.....so that 2-3 manga chapters with be for one episode(with no fillers in between)
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by TopsyKrete: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
Tufiakwa, neva compare One Piece to that overhyped crap, even with very few fillers, it rocks...

As Naruto don finish so, please be on the lookout for intruders from Naruto thread
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 6:28am On Nov 08, 2014
Can we at least drop gist about what is happening now, we now know what Vergo did to scar Law so badly so it all makes sense. As much as this has been fun, I want to get back to the fight btwn Doffy and Luffy quickly, it's about to be wicked.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Nairalandinfo:
Culled from Mangastream

Lost in Translation: Humanity
and Divinity

Hello there everyone, voxanimus again. You were
all so kind in your comments on my last blog post
that I thought I'd do another one. Well, that and this
week's One Piece chapter has yet again a lot of stuff
I want to talk about. I think.
Anyway, let's get the more lighthearted stuff out of
the way. Several characters' full names were
revealed this week, and I wanted to give some
background on the references contained therein.
Corazon's real name is Rocinante, or the name of
Don Quixote's horse in the eponymous book. Law's
name contains two references to the Napoleonic
Wars: the Battle of Trafalgar is a naval engagement
in which British forces led by Horatio Lord Nelson
sunk 22 French ships without losing a single of their
own. "Water Law" is a transliteration of the
Japanese pronunciation of "Waterloo," the name of
the battle in which Napoleon was defeated once
and for all. Japanese has a habit of using the native
pronunciation of a word when adopting it into
Japanese; the Belgian pronunciation of Waterloo is
closer to "Water Law." This means that
transcriptions of the name as "Watel" and the like
are clearly wrong. On the heels of this fact, I would
like to make a request to all of you readers. Please
refrain from commenting other scanlation groups'
translations—be it of names, attacks, or dialogue—
in the Mangastream comments section. I find it
disrespectful to not only my work but that of our
other translators. We spend no small amount of
time and effort trying to come up with the most
faithful and appropriate renderings we can of these
manga, and to ignore that work is not very nice, to
say the least.
Now, let's talk a little about the main underlying
reference of this week's chapter. Again, though, to
understand it, we need a bit of historical
background.
Following Japan's defeat in World War II, the Allied
Forces insisted, as part of the war reparations, that
Japan move away from its imperial government
and towards a more democratic one. Pursuant to
this goal, Emperor Hirohito was required to issue a
statement officially renouncing his status as living
god, which would thereby decrease his
monarchical right to sovereignty and pave the way
for the writing of a new Japanese Constitution that
would formally enshrine democratic power as the
de facto arbiter of Japanese politics. The Emperor
and the Japanese royal family would remain as
mere symbols of the Japanese government, with
little real power. The name of this declaration was 人
間宣言 (にんげんせんげん, ningen sengen), which means
"declaration of humanity." Sound familiar?
It is certainly very evident that Doflamingo's
father's descent from the Holy Land and attendant
renunciation of holy status is at least superficially
similar to that performed by Emperor Hirohito
following World War II. But the similarities do not
run as deep as they did last week. Doffy's father's
reverse apotheosis, if you will, caused his family to
fall into ruin, as they were preyed upon by those
they used to rule. Yet, on the other hand, Hirohito's
renunciation of divinity was, at least in the long run,
a very good thing for Japan. It allowed for the
appointment of a Japanese Prime Minister and
governance power to rest almost wholly in the
hands of the three branches of the Japanese
government.
In truth, though, Japan was actually occupied by
Allied forces (in effect, the United States) and the
majority of the governmental and economic
reforms implemented following the war were done
so at the behest or even command of the occupying
forces. While it is probably not disputable that the
long-term consequences of Allied occupation of
Japan were beneficial, the attitude of the average
Japanese citizen towards the occupation itself is
less clear-cut. Some believed that the somewhat
ham-fisted occupation's use of power hearkened
back to the pre-Meiji days of the shogunate.
Ultimately, I cannot say whether or not Oda is
trying to critique, using Doflamingo's family as a
foil, the treatment of Japan at the hands of America
following the Japanese emperor's renunciation of
holiness. I was neither alive during the occupation
period nor have I been to Japan and had a chance
to talk with Japanese people about this. In addition,
attitudes toward these sort of political issues vary
from generation to generation, and I know not
which generation's reaction Oda is calling upon.
What do you think? Leave your opinion, or any
suggestions or feedback, in the comments below.
Stay frosty, friends.

- voxanimus

What the hell is this dude saying, get a medication for your brain, you do know this is just a fiction not a reality
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
kraftykc:
Oi, who here thinks Zorro is now overpowered. I mean homie is making short work of Peeka and I have a good feeling that he would be a much tougher opponent for Doffy.

Not saying he is stronger than Luffy but his swords gives him a bigger advantage over Luffy's fists.

Also I have to ask who can join the crew as a new member now...Rebecca seems out of it cos she wants to live with her father, Violet is a maybe but I don't know why she would join, she doesn't have the thirst for the seas like each member of the ship. Cavendish and Law are already captain material and can't work under anyone. Surely Kyros and Riku are too rooted in the kingdom... So that leaves Bellamy for me.

Think about it, Bellamy has no crew, is not as powerful as Sanji, has a mission (to see and survive the coming tidal wave) and has the vision that each SH possesses in purpose. He also demonstrated mettle by not having the guts to carry out the kill order given by Dillinger on Luffy.

So Bellamy is the new crewmember, nevermind that he has no trade.

If that happens, I will personally go to japan and slap ODA, den come back to naija

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by TopsyKrete: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
sanali:

What the hell is this dude saying, get a medication for your brain, you do know this is just a fiction not a reality

are you trying to say that the subtle messages passed across in one piece is not an abstract of reality?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2014
sanali:

If that happens, I will personally go to japan and slap ODA, den come back to naija

But maka why Bellamy is crew material I believe
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by UchihaItachi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
kraftykc:

Why are you so sure they'll get a new crew member? Although if it happens, a girl would be nice
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
kraftykc:

Bellamy noo, you see all the strawhat crew have dere own dreams, but ballamy just want to over come the tidal wave that is coming, he jst want to survive
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
TopsyKrete:

are you trying to say that the subtle messages passed across in one piece is not an abstract of reality?

Just telling you, you are way too obsses wit dis fiction. Get a grip
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Why are you so sure they'll get a new crew member? Although if it happens, a girl would be nice

Well at the start of the series, luffy did say he want at least 10 crew members, but i rily don't like ballamy to join, not even a person in dis arc. Just want jimbie to reconsider luffys offer and join
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 10:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
UchihaItachi:

You simply want to view asss.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2014
sanali:

Well at the start of the series, luffy did say he want at least 10 crew members, but i rily don't like ballamy to join, not even a person in dis arc. Just want jimbie to reconsider luffys offer and join
Jimbei is already a member, he still had some loose ends to tie up. Lotta folks are speculating that Violet will join at the end of this arc. Bellamy can't join straw hat, he's broken as a pirate, he needs to get his sh*t together and deal with Doffy's betrayal.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2014
*Spoiler Alert*

Those on here who also read the manga, already know that after this arc the Straw hat crew will never be the same again. Apart from the fact that Bartoleo (fanboy), has made his crew a part of the straw hat, the straw hat will be having a fleet (Thanks to Ussop sugar defeat reverting the toys to humans, now all the victims are being grateful to the straw hat, swearing allegiances and joining the straw hat, some captains are even going as far as worshipping and becoming slaves to the mugiwaras). Even Don chincao swore that his people are joining the straw hat.

Straw Hat taking down the yonkou's might not sound ridiculous anymore, Luffy is on his way to being a yonkou himself, cos after this arc, Dressrosa will be is first freed Island from tyranny in the new world, and will be under his jurisdiction, with his new pirate fleet.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
If u are strictly an anime follower don't read my post, just kidding, but did any1 notice how kishi told every1 to start following one piece and how Oda gave a tribute to Naruto? What's ur opinon on d last page of Naruto 700 and 1st page of One piece 766.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 12:38am On Nov 12, 2014
Frankloon:
*Spoiler Alert*

Those on here who also read the manga, already know that after this arc the Straw hat crew will never be the same again. Apart from the fact that Bartoleo (fanboy), has made his crew a part of the straw hat, the straw hat will be having a fleet (Thanks to Ussop sugar defeat reverting the toys to humans, now all the victims are being grateful to the straw hat, swearing allegiances and joining the straw hat, some captains are even going as far as worshipping and becoming slaves to the mugiwaras). Even Don chincao swore that his people are joining the straw hat.

Straw Hat taking down the yonkou's might not sound ridiculous anymore, Luffy is on his way to being a yonkou himself, cos after this arc, Dressrosa will be is first freed Island from tyranny in the new world, and will be under his jurisdiction, with his new pirate fleet.

Yeah the mugiwara have many alias now in the grand line east blue.
You know I did wonder what will happen if the marines will capture one of the mugiwara for public execution.this time the marines are fucking dead. Whitebeard pirates and their alias, shanks,mermaid island, vivi's kingdom, sky pie, water 7, dragon and his reevolutionaries army with SABO at the front, even dark king will be in this war, pirate empress hankock, and am sure Garp will not let another grandson of his to die again, crocodile, dressrossa, samurai of wano o, red leg zeff, D LAW,buggy and his impel down,
That will be the war whitebeard is talking about, the war that will change the world
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emrich(m): 2:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Can someone please direct me to a site I can download the one piece animation
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by TopsyKrete: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
sanali:

Just telling you, you are way too obsses wit dis fiction. Get a grip

Obssesed you say?

Then u r part of those that see movies and the likes without getting any meaningful lesson, besides nofin like reading between the lines in ur world i guess...

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
So today's chapter....so sad I have tears in a bucket.

Corazon was sooo chill, it's just so crazy how he died. I think Law's childhood is the worse one yet, even Robin never had it this bad...

So who was that kid that the Marines caught BTW? Dory, I think his name was.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
kraftykc:

Corazon was sooo chill, it's just so crazy how he died. I think Law's childhood is the worse one yet, even Robin never had it this bad...

The chapter was okay, not really interesting. And I agree, Law as been through hell to get to where he is now. It's a wonder how he stayed sane, a kid having a terminal illness with no hope of a cure is no joke
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
TopsyKrete:

Obssesed you say?

Then u r part of those that see movies and the likes without getting any meaningful lesson, besides nofin like reading between the lines in ur world i guess...

Well because I know the differance between reality and fiction. When I see a movie, I live it dere because it didn't happens in reality,i don't let it program my mind
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by sanali(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
Emrich:
Can someone please direct me to a site I can download the one piece animation

Kissanime.com rily a good site
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2014
You said it man! Anime and fllers angry they go hand in hand.. Manga is just direct.. Doesn't waste your time.. So have you seen the last chapter? Corazon aka Rocinate is just too cool grin

ctuagent007:

I believe u are mistakenly following only the anime because the anime is filled with fillers per episode.....for instance in the last episode, where Luffy was shown punching people anyhow, it wasn't like that in the manga, the same goes for the introduction of Diamante & Burguess.
All the times, one manga chapter is divided into 2 or 3 episodes with stupid fillers occupying the space....coupled with the BAD animation almost every episode.
I wish they could postpone the anime(having like 80-100 gap from the manga) and have like 15-20 episode fillers so that they could channel/focus on the cannon episode just as TV Tokyo does with naruto episodes(20-25 fillers every year) whereby what should be for cannon should be cannon & fillers be left to fillers.....so that 2-3 manga chapters with be for one episode(with no fillers in between)
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:40am On Nov 16, 2014
kraftykc:
Can we at least drop gist about what is happening now, we now know what Vergo did to scar Law so badly so it all makes sense. As much as this has been fun, I want to get back to the fight btwn Doffy and Luffy quickly, it's about to be wicked.
Don't you enjoy the buildups? shocked I love the buildups.. Makes me better appreciate the fight cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Oi! I think Zorro is overhyped.. And what do you mean "his swords gives him an advantage over luffy" ? A sword is designed to cut/slash.. It taken head on, it would do just as much damage to Akainu as it would to Luffy.. #JustSaying grin
So cut this crap about swords affect luffy, it affects everyone.. grin
Thanks! Sorry f I sounded pained smiley
kraftykc:
Oi, who here thinks Zorro is now overpowered. I mean homie is making short work of Peeka and I have a good feeling that he would be a much tougher opponent for Doffy.

Not saying he is stronger than Luffy but his swords gives him a bigger advantage over Luffy's fists.

Also I have to ask who can join the crew as a new member now...Rebecca seems out of it cos she wants to live with her father, Violet is a maybe but I don't know why she would join, she doesn't have the thirst for the seas like each member of the ship. Cavendish and Law are already captain material and can't work under anyone. Surely Kyros and Riku are too rooted in the kingdom... So that leaves Bellamy for me.

Think about it, Bellamy has no crew, is not as powerful as Sanji, has a mission (to see and survive the coming tidal wave) and has the vision that each SH possesses in purpose. He also demonstrated mettle by not having the guts to carry out the kill order given by Dillinger on Luffy.

So Bellamy is the new crewmember, nevermind that he has no trade.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Oh pls cheesy no more girls.. If we get more girls then the strawhats will continue getting weaker.. They need someone who can atleast defend himself against top tier opponents.. No?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2014
Nah! Not a fleet per se! More like allies.. Knowing luffy who just wants his close nakamas by his side, he won't agree to that.. And I agree with the rest cool
Frankloon:
*Spoiler Alert*

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Emperorking20(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2014
Frankloon:

The chapter was okay, not really interesting. And I agree, Law as been through hell to get to where he is now. It's a wonder how he stayed sane, a kid having a terminal illness with no hope of a cure is no joke
Totally agree with you! Being hopeless and just waiting for death is most times insurmountable. sad
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2014
sanali:

Now I know that peepz just wash an anime & don't undastand a thing.....u think ONE-PIECE is all abt PIRA.CY sorry oooo

kraftykc:

4 the past 3-5 weekz since the flashback started especially when he was shouted @ by Barrel(the pirate), peepz hav always insisted that Dory waz Drake-X & the last chapta jus confirmed that with a scar under hiz mouf.....& Oda-sensei is so a genius that the nex arc will be that of Kaido now that we saw Drake in the flashback(remember Drake may have been held a prisoner under Kaido's command, also remember that he is a zoan DF eater like Kaido'z 500 armies

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (71) (Reply)

Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah / Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List? / Gulder Ultimate Search 11 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.