Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

World Day Against Child Labour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Day Against Child Labour (2171 Views)

Fayose Suspends Teachers For Engaging Students In Child Labour(Pics) / NLC Plans Protest Day Against Corruption / Protest Against Child Marriage To Hold Today In Lagos,Abuja And Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Day Against Child Labour by Havilah93(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2013
While toady's date- June 12 may mean different things to different people, Every year on June 12 the World Day Against Child Labor is observed to raise awareness of the plight of child laborers world- wide. Hundreds of millions of girls and boys around the world
are affected.
Child labor is a problem in both
developing and industrialized
countries.

The World Day Against Child Labor is a global observance and not a public holiday.

Child labor is especially rampant in many developing countries - but even in industrialized nations many children are forced to work. According to UNICEF, children in the United States “are employed in agriculture, a high
proportion of them from immigrant or ethnic-minority
families.” There have also been a number of incidents of westerns companies exploiting child laborers in developing countries to save production costs.
In 2011, there were an estimated 215 million child laborers in the world - 115 million of which were involved in hazardous work. To combat child labor around the world the International Labour
Organization (ILO) initiated the
World Day Against Child Labor in 2002.

Culled from timeanddate.com
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Havilah93(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2013
As we celebrate June 12, let's also know that there are children out there who are not privileged to have basic education, but instead are involved in all sorts of menial jobs, hawking, etc. We can stop this!
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by ivili(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2013
I finally did it,it was not easy but i did it
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by WizPrince1(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2013
Oya, All these children-house helps, and children hawking in the streets instead of to be in school should be given freedom and a help hand. LET LOVE LEAD, We are Sons and Daughters of Love...

1 Like

Re: World Day Against Child Labour by gen2briz(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2013
ivili: I finally did it,it was not easy but i did it

Na baba God
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2013
Havilah93: While toady's date- June 12 may mean different things to different people, Every year on June 12 the World Day Against Child Labor is observed to raise awareness of the plight of child laborers world- wide. Hundreds of millions of girls and boys around the world
are affected.
Child labor is a problem in both
developing and industrialized
countries.

The World Day Against Child Labor is a global observance and not a public holiday.

Child labor is especially rampant in many developing countries - but even in industrialized nations many children are forced to work. According to UNICEF, children in the United States “are employed in agriculture, a high
proportion of them from immigrant or ethnic-minority
families.” There have also been a number of incidents of westerns companies exploiting child laborers in developing countries to save production costs.
In 2011, there were an estimated 215 million child laborers in the world - 115 million of which were involved in hazardous work. To combat child labor around the world the International Labour
Organization (ILO) initiated the
World Day Against Child Labor in 2002.

Culled from timeanddate.com
No work no Food!!! nonsens children! i hammer una mama to born you so that u will come and help with farm work and sale pure water, and become ogbologbo pikins!
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by NET1(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2013

Biko, what did you do?
Don't tell me it's all those First-to-coment 'ish o.

.NET

1 Like

Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Dagoma: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Enlight Hausa and Ibo cause they are the number 1 child labour heroes in this country.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by fpeter(f): 9:36am On Jun 12, 2013
Not in 9ja, mosdef!
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by fitzmayowa: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Happy child against labour day lolz

1 Like

Re: World Day Against Child Labour by fpeter(f): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2013

No you didn't cheesy @ OP beat you to it already grin
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by NET1(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2013
Dagoma: Enlight Hausa and Ibo cause they are the number 1 child labour heroes in this country.
Child Labour is not peculiar to Nigera alone. It is a Global menace.
Get a life & stop hating. It won't help you.

.NET
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Youngzedd(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2013
Dagoma: Enlight Hausa and Ibo cause they are the number 1 child labour heroes in this country.

Said by who?

9ja at large is involve.

Don't sat that again to avoid hidden post.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by prettiest1(f): 9:48am On Jun 12, 2013

hahahahaha, first to comment? After reading it, I had to go back see if it really true. You've, congratulation.
Who will be the next?
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2013
Anyone who employs a child as househelp is part of the problem and to make matters worse some will not even enroll those children in school. So those poor children will be busy washing the clothes of your own children, sweeping, cleaning and even taking care of babies while you own children are at school undecided
Also if people stop employing children that would discourage those parents who keep having children that they can't cater for simply because they know the children can be put to work.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by momodub: 9:50am On Jun 12, 2013
fpeter: Not in 9ja, mosdef!
you just talk my mind gbam gbam
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by prettiest1(f): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2013
hahahahaha, first to comment? After reading it, I had to go back to see if it really true. You've, congratulation.
Who will be the next?
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Pdizzle(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2013
tatiana009: Anyone who employs a child as househelp is part of the problem and to make matters worse some will not even enroll those children in school. So those poor children will be busy washing the clothes of your own children, sweeping, cleaning and even taking care of babies while you own children are at school undecided
Also if people stop employing children that would discourage those parents who keep having children that they can't cater for simply because they know the children can be put to work.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Havilah93(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Children should have access to basic education. Its not a choice, its a right
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by ifyalways(f): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2013
Let's show some love to atleast a child today. It could be tip,a meal,a smile,a shoe,drugs,clothes.
As we cruise in our cars,watching them hawk pure water,trying to clean(dirty) our car glasses for a hundred naira,tugging our clothes to beg for food,carrying our cute babies(house helps),smoking away at the beach(kuramo,bar beach),engaging in petty prostitution. . .let's spare them some love. They have little or no choices and were brought to life by 2 irresponsible adults !

Love is all we need.E go better for the Naija child.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by IsmailyLEGEND(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2013
There is a woman who owns a big retail shop in my hostel specifically fajuyi hall in obafemi awolowo university, ife. Most of her employee are kids of between 10-15, she used this children as sales rep. Those small boys have no access to education because they work 4 almost 24hoours i guess u all know hw shops inside school arena witness patronage. Anytime i visit d shop, i weep 4 d future of this children because to d children, dey re nw a working class jst like adult oblivious of d damage the woman is inflicting on there future. These children need help, i ve tried my best to let the woman know if in case she doesnt know the consequence and meaning of employing those children while her own children are in a very expensive private school, i wrote letter to her hiding my identity to avoid victimisation cos m a student. I'll so much appreciate it, if some1 can help in d course of this menace to the society as those children wil later be use and dump ultimately become a problem of the society. These children need help.

1 Like

Re: World Day Against Child Labour by kolamilan(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2013
you are mistaken, you are 2nd to comment.
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by AHA1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
MAKE EVERYMAN BORN AS E GO FIT TRAIN OOOOOOO
NO GO BORN 9 CHILDREN WITHOUT GIVING THEM PROPER EDUCATION AND EXPECT THEM TO BUILD MANSION AND BUY YOU RANGE ROVER IN THE FUTURE
Re: World Day Against Child Labour by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2013

that's a dumb thing to say, really. get a life cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Run Out Of Ideas – Buhari / Nigeria Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan "Shehu Shagari" / Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.