Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Okada Riders Protesting In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protesting In Benin (9666 Views)

Breaking News :keke Riders Protesting In Asaba (pic) / Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Diamondwriter(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2013
After yesterdays pronouncement by edo state governor yesterday banning the use of commercial motor-cycles in the state capital,cyclists in the state have taken to the street blocking the ringroad and impeding vehicular movement. If you are in benin and have more report please share.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2013
Seriously, The Banning Of Okada Is Not Fair... Pple Get Food On Their Tables Through This Work... I See No Reason Why It Should Be Banned Anywhere... This Has Rendered Pple Jobless... If Em Thief, Em Go Prosecute Em... Now, Em Wan Work For Their Money, Em Bann Their Job... Let FG Create A Special Road For Okada If Dey Believe It Causes Too Much Accident... I Think Okada Is Even Faster Than Any Land Vehicle; Tho Dangerous When On High Speed... Make Wena Protest Well Ooo....

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by dulphines: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2013
What is Hon.Patrick Obahiagbon saying about this? #Waiting with my dictionary#

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2013
Diamondwriter: After yesterdays pronouncement by edo state governor yesterday banning the use of commercial motor-cycles in the state capital,cyclists in the state have taken to the street blocking the ringroad and impeding vehicular movement. If you are in benin and have more report please share.
no picture?
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Demdem(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2013
they should move to other towns in the state. No Okadas in Benin. Case closed.

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by StarblackM: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2013
ok
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by dilim247: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wow
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by goshen26: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gobe(trouble) have started
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
For what naaa! The banning of these accident-devive called okada is the best thing that can happen to a state! If you are in doubt ask other state where it has been banned
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by CrimzP(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by kreamidiva(f): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
Seriously thinking of world bank's report on job creation in the country.what do they want the okada riders to do?starve to death with their families?before u take away their means of livelihood,pls provide something worthwhile for them to do!

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Adex097: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
This man has spoilt business for yuzedo o...after BRF chased them komot for lag, mr yuzedo migrate go benin...where wil he go to now

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
In as much as i admire the governor, i must admit that this is a wrong step. He wants to prevent crime by using ban, but he is just fuelling it cos how can this bread winners feed their family when their only source of livelihood is taken away from them. Tendencies are, that they would go into crime. Even if he wanted to ban it, he should ban it only in some areas and not all the over the state.
You dont ask people to quit their job when you dont have another one to give them. Am sorry but this is just wrong.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by kreamidiva(f): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
Seriously thinking of world bank's report on job creation in the country.what do they want the okada riders to do?starve to death with their families?before u take away their means of livelihood,pls provide something worthwhile for them to do!
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by konn: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
if they are protesting what will abuja okada riders and bus drivers and conductors that have been banned do?

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
"You think david cameron is gonna be caught in the street when we start bursting our guns? you think the politicians are gonna die? it's gonna be ordinary people like YOU' remove ur govt. they don't care about YOU"
--- Woolwich Attacker

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by christextension: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oshiomhole is clueless & dumb.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by iamswizz(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Thats nice to know
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by osifred(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
Elitist government
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Rastamann: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Marthakings: Seriously, The Banning Of Okada Is Not Fair... Pple Get Food On Their Tables Through This Work... I See No Reason Why It Should Be Banned Anywhere... This Has Rendered Pple Jobless... If Em Thief, Em Go Prosecute Em... Now, Em Wan Work For Their Money, Em Bann Their Job... Let FG Create A Special Road For Okada If Dey Believe It Causes Too Much Accident... I Think Okada Is Even Faster Than Any Land Vehicle; Tho Dangerous When On High Speed... Make Wena Protest Well Ooo....

You may be right but the okada riders themselves are not helping matters in the way they ride their okada and the way they conduct themselves. Instead of banning them out-rightly, subsidized tricycle should be make available to them through the government.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
I think the government should just pity these people though there are reckless riders among them,some of them have family that looks up to them.
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Reyspin(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Itz a shame our Leader wants to duplicate d modernization they see abroad...buh why not plan an alternative for those will b jobless after deir decisions.... Is dat wot Progressive is about

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by kodewrita(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
smothly: I think the government should just pity these people though there are reckless riders among them,some of them have family that looks up to them.
I guess its okay for riders to kill a few people so that the rest can feed

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by princealexndre(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Is that what they suppose to do!
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by ebamma3: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
idnoble135: In as much as i admire the governor, i must admit that this is a wrong step. He wants to prevent crime by using ban, but he is just fuelling it cos how can this bread winners feed their family when their only source of livelihood is taken away from them. Tendencies are, that they would go into crime. Even if he wanted to ban it, he should ban it only in some areas and not all the over the state.
You dont ask people to quit their job when you dont have another one to give them. Am sorry but this is just wrong.

Check the main report before commenting on a follow up next time.He banned it within the metropolis.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by euniselfyahoo: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Our governs should take it easy, there are no jobs any where, the poor people are suffering. Banning of okada will cause more problem in our society. Pls. rethink.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by paulworld(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
If I hear
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by Dagoma: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
They are wasting their precious time. Let them go back to the farm, which is even more useful to themselves and to the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by haisam: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
na wa gongo aso
Re: Okada Riders Protesting In Benin by 234GT(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Its good they are protesting. They should just make it peaceful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1500 PDP Members Decamp To APGA / Afunanya Appointed Board Member Of National Broadcasting Commission, NBC / Abia Kidnap Kingpin (Osisi Ka Nkwu) Declared Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.