Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC (21667 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Firefire(m): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Fo your information:
Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC

The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) said on Wednesday that the old number plates and the old driver’s licence would expire by Sept. 31

The Sector Commander of the commission in Plateau, Mr Sunday Maku, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos.

Maku said that officers and men of the commission would commence enforcement by Oct. 1.

He called on motorists without driver’s licence to obtain one so as to stream into the changes taking place in the society.

He said that the new number plate would reduce criminal activities nationwide, adding that the new system had ``a tremendous advantage over the old ones’’.

“Before, it was possible for you to sell your car with your number plate; but nowadays, number plates are registered in the name of the owner.

“If you want to sell the car, you cannot sell the car with number plate, you have to remove the number plate, the new buyer will have to get his own number in his own name. So, with this system, it becomes very easy to trace criminals that are using number plates for criminal activities.``

He allayed the fears that the process of obtaining the new number plate was cumbersome, and urged those with old ones to come for revalidation. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/120613/old-number-plates-drivers-licence-expire-sept-31-says-frsc
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by DELTABOY1: 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Creating new office to make money. Thief. Ole

14 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by buchi4action(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ngerian Road Safety commission are bunch of clueless people, don,t they know that the new plate number will increase the rate which vehicles are stolen in this country. ie the stolen vehicles number plates can be easily removed and re-registered.....

14 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Originalsly: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2013
Firefire:

Maku said that officers and men of the commission would commence enforcement by Oct. 1.

He called on motorists without driver’s licence to obtain one so as to stream into the changes taking place in the society.

Hmmm....allowing people to drive without license. Is his office really prepared to accept and re issue the large number of plates and licenses? And should I steal your plates and put them on my car to commit a crime...according to him you are already guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by flexya: 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
buchi4action: Ngerian Road Safety commission are bunch of clueless people, don,t they know that the new plate number will increase the rate which vehicles are stolen in this country. ie the stolen vehicles number plates can be easily removed and re-registered.....

So if a thief steals ur car, its pointless reporting it on radio/tv or even to the police as it no longer has number plates, which d thief would av immediately removed under s guise of a "recent purchase". Great news for car/parts thiefs. what do these ppl av for brains

4 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by gulfer: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Idiats, so if person sell hin moto and he no get money for another one; na to hang the plate number for neck na angry angry angry angry

23 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by AK461(m): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Firefire: Fo your information:
Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC

The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) said on Wednesday that the old number plates and the old driver’s licence would expire by Sept. 31

The Sector Commander of the commission in Plateau, Mr Sunday Maku, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos.

He said that the new number plate would reduce criminal activities nationwide, adding that the new system had ``a tremendous advantage over the old ones’’.

“Before, it was possible for you to sell your car with your number plate; but nowadays, number plates are registered in the name of the owner.

“If you want to sell the car, you cannot sell the car with number plate, you have to remove the number plate, the new buyer will have to get his own number in his own name. So, with this system, it becomes very easy to trace criminals that are using number plates for criminal activities.``

He allayed the fears that the process of obtaining the new number plate was cumbersome, and urged those with old ones to come for revalidation. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/120613/old-number-plates-drivers-licence-expire-sept-31-says-frsc

September has 30 days. Where did they get September 31 from?

60 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by ceasare: 8:45am On Jun 18, 2013
Atimes i wonder if d people who formulate our policies have senses at all.js because 1 govt top shot thinks he/she can mk more money frm dis new licence& plate nos contract/arrangmnt they hv 2 shove it dwn our throat with out sampling public opinion and trust we d people we just curse and then move on..God dey! And Live goes on.

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by ETOBY72: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
good
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Osiris211: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
[size=58pt]Read about your thieving president here. They don't want it on front page!!![/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1328237/scam-how-alams-
jonathan-silva/1#16308857

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by shos: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
DELTA BOY: Creating new office to make money. Thief. Ole
u got it rite
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by yuzedo: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
AK 46 + 1:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by kenbee(f): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Isn't it wiser for it to be renewable or must every old plate number go out for entirely new plate number?
Isn't this another avenue to extort the helpless Nigerians?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
so i go collect new plate for this 1990 toyota celiac?

na wahoo. Na to sell d car use am buy new number plate oo.....

2 Likes

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ok.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by mcevans1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
yuzedo:
grin

Sweetus Oyoyo 1, why did you change our profile pic cheesy wink
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Raypawer(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm....allowing people to drive without license. Is his office really prepared to accept and re issue the large number of plates and licenses? And should I steal your plates and put them on my car to commit a crime...according to him you are already guilty.
[quote author=Originalsly] Hmmm....allowing people to drive without license. Is his office really prepared to accept and re issue the large number of plates and licenses? And should I steal your plates and put them on my car to commit a crime...according to him you are already guilty. I wonda
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by sylve11: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
nor be their fault. sad cool
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Eazeee(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bunch of idiots. Let dem giv us in exchange d new number 4 d old if their claims are true since we hav already paid 4 d old number. D same reasons they gave us about some stewpid black chip attached 2 plate numbers but now it has been abandoned

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by majalisa(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
gulfer: Idiats, so if person sell hin moto and he no get money for another one; na to hang the plate number for neck na angry angry angry angry
my guy to even get d new reg plate na tug of war,a prison officer sold his shanghai englong car dat was given to him on loan to me august last year,d loan of d car included d plate number 4 d car.blive me it eas not untill last feb dat he got d plates and gave it to me..
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by instinctg(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
30days had september, april, june and november
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by optimusprime2(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
So what of my old License that expires by 2015, whats gonna happen to it, goes down the drain?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by siaco(m): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
AK 46 + 1:

I thought i was d only one who observe op say sept 31, or is it what d frsc man said?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by andyanders: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
In fact, I wonder with what brain our leaders reason. To be changing plate numbers when you buy or sell your car?
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Acidosis(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
buchi4action: Ngerian Road Safety commission are bunch of clueless people, don,t they know that the new plate number will increase the rate which vehicles are stolen in this country. ie the stolen vehicles number plates can be easily removed and re-registered.....

according to you,
Car robbers have been removing plate numbers and then re-register the stolen vehicles...

If thats the case before now, how does the new plate number affects this matter??

Sorry, but I think you're the clueless one here...

This is not the first time they change plate number... Things change.. new innovations...new trends...

btw.. would you prefer to use the 1985 version of plate number on your range rover sport?

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Les: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
And if nigerians should protest, even those we no get car go follow protest, me self go follow protest, just to show God am ready to have a car of my own..... :'

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Acidosis(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
flexya:

So if a thief steals ur car, its pointless reporting it on radio/tv or even to the police as it no longer has number plates, which d thief would av immediately removed under s guise of a "recent purchase". Great news for car/parts thiefs. what do these ppl av for brains

Where did you keep your brain, sir?

So the only way to identify a stolen car is the plate number, right?

1 Like

Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by finebadtboy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
AK 46 + 1:

Incompetence at work. tongue
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Sakiwonder: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mr poster oh, you sure say this info correct so? since we don't have 31st september.
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by Les: 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
instinctg: 30days had september, april, june and november
grin ol d rest have 31, except febuary alone, ah swear, me follow u sing am o. This ppl, their calender has two septembers in a year. I wonder which septembe (2) my buffday falls in again o. Nawa o
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by femi4: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Sept 31st even the mod is confuse grin grin grin
Re: Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC by otokx(m): 8:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
The black market price of new number plate is 35k here in PH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One / Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.