Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,858 members, 7,798,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (103894 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by CLT123(m): 2:18am On Jun 22, 2013
Yes
Realistically Nigeria has to win by more than 2 goals
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by lineal: 2:23am On Jun 22, 2013
Afam4eva: I expect Nigeria to draw or beat spain by a slim margin and then Tahiti to beat Uruguay. Tahiti have learned the hard way by playing Nigeria and Spain and have become very hardened and will go all out to get the result against Uruguay.

grin grin grin grin cheesy

fckyourman: Lets be honest, Nigeria Can Never Beat Spain.

nigeria can beat spain, but tahiti can never beat uruguay. Unless the referee rules every single one of their goals offside and penalises them by giving tahiti SEVERAL penalty kicks. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by BinghiNya(m): 2:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Nigeria and boastfulness. In your wildest dreams you wanna beat spain. Nigeria won't dominate the midfield against spain. This isn't 1998. You guys boasted the same way against uruguay, we all saw how it ended. The 1998 was well ahead of this current team in all ways. Till sunday but my prediction is Nigeria 1 spain 3

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by lineal: 2:29am On Jun 22, 2013
hoochay: cant sleep

because you're still trying to get over thursday's defeat? or you're anxious about sunday's game?

you can't stay up for 48hrs o. don't try it. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by lineal: 3:33am On Jun 22, 2013
Greatest upsets in World Cup history

10 U.S. over Colombia, 1994
Colombia was one of the favorites in 1994, but the hosts scored a huge upset with the help of defender Andres Escobar's own goal in their group stage matchup. Escobar was later shot and killed back in Colombia. Most people believe he was killed because of the own goal, possibly because Colombia's elimination led to huge gambling losses for some powerful drug lords.

9 South Korea over Italy, 2002
The fact that South Korea were co-hosts of the 2002 World Cup makes this huge upset slightly less shocking in the history of the event. Still, the Asian side's victory over world power Italy was a stunner, as they beat the Italians 2–1 in sudden-death extra time to reach the quarterfinals.

8 Northern Ireland over Spain, 1982
On neutral soil, Spain would have been the heavy favorite in this clash. But this wasn't on neutral soil. The World Cup was held in Spain in 1982. Northern Ireland shocked the hosts, 1-0, a result made all-the-more surprising given that Northern Ireland played much of that second half with 10 men.

7 Cameroon over Argentina, 1990

The African side got the 1990 event off to a shocking start with an upset over the reigning World Cup champions. Cameroon would top its group and eventually reach the quarterfinals, the first time that an African side had done so.

6 East Germany over West Germany, 1974
In a huge upset filled with political implications, the East Germans held their West counterparts scoreless in the 1-0 victory. East German forward Juergen Sparwasser (left) scored the lone goal past West German defenders Horst Hoettges (on ground), Berti Vogts (kicking) and goalkeeper Sepp Maier.

5 North Korea over Italy, 1966
The biggest upset of the England-hosted 1966 World Cup came in group play when North Korea beat the heavily-favored Italians. The 1-0 win helped North Korea win their group, and prevented Italy from advancing. North Korea would eventually lose to Portugal, 5-3, after being up 3-0 in one of the greatest comebacks in World Cup history.

4 Bulgaria over Germany, 1994

In a quarterfinal stunner for the ages, Bulgaria came back from a 1-0 deficit with two late second-half goals to send the Germans home. The Germans, in a way the reigning champions as West Germany had won the World Cup in 1990, were playing as a unified country for the first time since before World War II.

3 Senegal over France, 2002

It was a battle of former colonial power vs. its former colony. It was also reigning World Cup champions vs. severe underdogs. It didn't matter. Senegal shocked France in their opening group-stage match, 1-0. Senegal would advance out of the group stage, while France was held scoreless in all three games, marking the worst performance ever for a defending champion.

2 U.S. over England, 1950
England were a soccer powerhouse, the U.S. an international punching bag. Here's a stat: the odds of the English winning the World Cup was 3-1; the odds of the Americans winning was 500-1. Only one American journalist even attended the World Cup, and he did so on his own dime. The 1-0 win was such a stunner that some publications in England presumed the scoreline they received was in error, and printed the result as either 10-0 or 10-1. Unfortunately for the Americans, they lost their other two opening matches and did not advance. The country would not qualify for another World Cup until 1990.

1 Uruguay over Brazil, 1950
On par with the shocking U.S. win over England from that year, but this one gets the nod because it was in the final. Under the old rules of the World Cup -- in which point totals were used to determine the winner, not just the winner of the match -- Brazil needed only a draw against Uruguay. Oh, and Brazil were the hosts! Brazil had won their previous two matches by a combined 13-2 score and were big favorites in the final. On that day, 200,000 people filled Estadio do Maracana to watch the home side. Brazil took a 1-0 lead early in the second half, but Uruguay would equalize soon thereafter and score the winner with just over 10 minutes to go. Brazil was denied its first World Cup, which would come eight years later.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/lists/Greatest-upsets-ever-in-World-Cup#photo-title=Simply+stunning&photo=11338176

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Tinoxky: 5:12am On Jun 22, 2013
I can see Spain....GOD help naija!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kingjoe(m): 5:39am On Jun 22, 2013
fckyourman: Lets be honest, Nigeria Can Never Beat Spain.

we have beaten them before in the world cup,so we can do that again.ur username says it all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kabba7(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2013
am betting 25k for spain winning on nairabet for this macth have no room for sentiment or blind patrotism will look for and add 1 or 2 other matches to futher boost the sure winning for the weekend !!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 6:28am On Jun 22, 2013
kabba7: am betting 25k for spain winning on nairabet for this macth have no room for sentiment or blind patrotism will look for and add 1 or 2 other matches to futher boost the sure winning for the weekend !!

u dey kolo
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Harry4cas(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2013
T.B JOSHUA ALREADY AT IT AGAIN.... He Just prophesied Nigeria's homecoming. According To Him he said Spain will Beat Nigeria With 8 Goals To Nil. fingers crossed cant bet nomore again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by iamdsam: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2013
We would play a good game against them but they would still win us
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by buchito1(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2013
Harry4cas: T.B JOSHUA ALREADY AT IT AGAIN.... He Just prophesied Nigeria's homecoming. According To Him he said Spain will Beat Nigeria With 8 Goals To Nil. fingers crossed cant bet nomore again.
How wud he profesize crap na Naija go win dat match....
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by iamdsam: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2013
Harry4cas: T.B JOSHUA ALREADY AT IT AGAIN.... He Just prophesied Nigeria's homecoming. According To Him he said Spain will Beat Nigeria With 8 Goals To Nil. fingers crossed cant bet nomore again.
When did TB Joshua give a prophecy like that Blasphemy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by iamdsam: 7:18am On Jun 22, 2013
We couldn't beat Uruguay that Spain beat and we think we can win Spain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by zhirinmai(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2013
lekkie073: is this thread not a bit early to be created?
True
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by haibe(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2013
iamdsam: We couldn't beat Uruguay that Spain beat and we think we can win Spain

logic and mathematics does not always work in football, you can re-read that guy's post on the greatest upset in world cup history.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2013
olumaxi: Pls,which nigerian station wil televise these matches live?
If you no get dstv, tune to NTA
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 7:38am On Jun 22, 2013
I may have to fast starting today for victory of our valiant super eagles.....
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by DinhoMVP: 8:08am On Jun 22, 2013
Krasid: I pray naija wins.anything can happen in football.
my dear in this case NOTHING will happen naija is out that team sucks of mediocrity what are the likes of ujah babatunde musa akpala and bench warmers egwueke uzoenyi and co doing their when we have good talents like haruna azeez igiebor anichebe etc not invited guy channel ur prayer to something better abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by DinhoMVP: 8:15am On Jun 22, 2013
kabba7: am betting 25k for spain winning on nairabet for this macth have no room for sentiment or blind patrotism will look for and add 1 or 2 other matches to futher boost the sure winning for the weekend !!
my brother i'm with u jare spain go win una silly eagles will come out playing like they want to die dat day so dat naijerians wills give dem dat stupid assesment i hate to hear "dem try" mtcheeeww guy bet for japan to beat mexico and uruguay to beat tahiti chop ur money jare!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by naijaboiy: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2013
Upset or no upset...We are goin nowhere..*so sad*
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by RedLight1: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

I don't mind putting my entire life savings on the line cos overconfidence dey worry me. I could even add my Nairaland account to the bet. But the money you're calling does not cut it for me.
grin grin grin grin
how much does your nairaland account worth oga afam? grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by larkz(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2013
mukina2: If you think Nigeria will win like this post

I pray o
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by BCELLS(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2013
TB joshua predicts dey will prevail.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by larkz(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2013
Anyi.:
With Torres in front we'd definitely have a clean sheet. I was really happy when I heard he got a call up

But he has 4goals already. Your point?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by CrazyMan(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2013
We defeated spain 3-2 in opening match in france 98...I see history repeating itself on sunday.

We shall defeat them once again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by martinsshowboy(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2013
mikel will convert to a winger likewise sundax mba and john ogu because there will be no room for them in the midfield area wher we have xavi, and co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (93) (Reply)

Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) / How To Turn #150 Into #4,000,000 This Weekend + (bet9ja Booking Number) / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.