Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 - Sports (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (103937 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by kikuyu1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
collynzo2: Hmmmmm see Kenyan too. Hahahahaha
Yes,but am no hater,contrary to what they'll say.Remember WC 98? Naijja was in the same place they are now:the same feelings of unjustified optimism and unreasonable self confidence,aka narcissism were dominant. They were hammered 4-1 by Chile then 4-2 by Denmark. Their excuse according to Kanu ,"we were thinking of Brazil"!! Rufai,the goalie told the bbc how they disobeyed their coach refusing to train all because of divalike attitudes.
Look at their whole WC history. Its so hilarious its no wonder they ululate for joy beating Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by CyyRil: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
According to Keshi, 'injuries, finishing cost Nigeria'.

I lost four, five key players in the team at the last minute. And today I lost one of my key players at centre-half, which is damaging. But it’s football. You have to live with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by RuuDie(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
gbigbega: Nigerians collected their shirts and wore it. They collect ours and prefer to walk around naked. Being a looser is no fun at all; or should I call it racism?

Oh, get a life...what if they didn't collect the shirts nkor or refused to exchange, wetin you for talk!!?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Larry900(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Ideye,akpala and musa are caused.....
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ezzye: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
SailorXY:
mr man, if you saw other games in this tournament you'll know Nigeria is the best team of all the teams that didnt make it past the group stage. Even if you look at it statistic-wise, you'll arrive at the same conclusion. How many teams have you seen had almost an even possession percentage & completed more passes against Spain? With better finishing in front of goal, Nigeria would have made the final. Yes final. This team is better coordinated than Uruguay, Italy & Brazil. Keshi should work on the attack, this is nice exposure for the boys. So what are you saying

well said my broda. If we truly look beyond our poor finish in front we all wld see that this team is one with great potentials. They played very well, were very composed, confident, and they gave their all. Mikel for example surprised me completely, he shone like a million stars. I dont care what any1 thinks ....i am proud of der overall performance, we were just un4tunate not to av clinical finishers plus d injury problems to key players. In all, lets give dem credit 4 all d matches they played...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ezzye: 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
SailorXY:
mr man, if you saw other games in this tournament you'll know Nigeria is the best team of all the teams that didnt make it past the group stage. Even if you look at it statistic-wise, you'll arrive at the same conclusion. How many teams have you seen had almost an even possession percentage & completed more passes against Spain? With better finishing in front of goal, Nigeria would have made the final. Yes final. This team is better coordinated than Uruguay, Italy & Brazil. Keshi should work on the attack, this is nice exposure for the boys. So what are you saying
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 25, 2013
Naija 2nd team 0-3 spain 1st team and people still complain? Ghanaians wanna come insult us? please organize a friendly with us. Even this 2nd string team with all our injured players will win you by at least 2-3 goals grin grin

having said that, lets stop fighting and support one another like the brothers that we are. I was supporting Ghana in the world cup and will still support them or whoever progresses the furthest in the cup.

UP AFRICA!
lets go show those oyinbos how to play real football when the world cup comes around
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by sambos994(m): 5:00am On Jun 25, 2013
Kingmojo:

Yes Ghana would have done better, Ghana usually play those Europeans really tough.

Yet can't beat Burkina Faso grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by sambos994(m): 5:02am On Jun 25, 2013
kikuyu1:
Yes,but am no hater,contrary to what they'll say.Remember WC 98? Naijja was in the same place they are now:the same feelings of unjustified optimism and unreasonable self confidence,aka narcissism were dominant. They were hammered 4-1 by Chile then 4-2 by Denmark. Their excuse according to Kanu ,"we were thinking of Brazil"!! Rufai,the goalie told the bbc how they disobeyed their coach refusing to train all because of divalike attitudes.
Look at their whole WC history. Its so hilarious its no wonder they ululate for joy beating Kenya.

Remember Kenya in the World cup?.....Oh wait...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by BinghiNya(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2013
Kenya has won more gold at the olympics than the whole of west africa #facts
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2013
BinghiNya: Kenya has won more gold at the olympics than the whole of west africa #facts
Yeah in hunger race.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by naijaboiy: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2013
collynzo2: Yeah in hunger race.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by lekanville: 9:50am On Jun 25, 2013
collynzo2: Yeah in hunger race.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Abok1(m): 9:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Adanyebe: What did ideye brown gaain from missing all our chances?

Jersey from Torres
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by chiefololade: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
bboiabb: Naija 2nd team 0-3 spain 1st team and people still complain? Ghanaians wanna come insult us? please organize a friendly with us. Even this 2nd string team with all our injured players will win you by at least 2-3 goals grin grin

having said that, lets stop fighting and support one another like the brothers that we are. I was supporting Ghana in the world cup and will still support them or whoever progresses the furthest in the cup.

UP AFRICA!
lets go show those oyinbos how to play real football when the world cup comes around
Are we sure we can show the europeans real football?
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 26, 2013
chiefololade:
Are we sure we can show the europeans real football?

i don't see why not. That's what Germany did. I remember the days when germany were an average side. Then Low took over and changed their play style. Npwadays no one remembers the germany of old. the fact of the matter is that we could have won both spain and uruguay in the confederations cup but (as we all know) our forwards were dreadful. You can't be wasteful against big teams cos they'll capitalise on it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by omonnakoda: 4:04am On Jun 26, 2013
bboiabb:

i don't see why not. That's what Germany did. I remember the days when germany were an average side. Then Low took over and changed their play style. Npwadays no one remembers the germany of old. the fact of the matter is that we could have won both spain and uruguay in the confederations cup but (as we all know) our forwards were dreadful. You can't be wasteful against big teams cos they'll capitalise on it.
Germany have a real league we do not.
The days when Germany was an average side You must be very young or a learner! Brazil went from 1970 to 1994 with no World Cup. Yes every nation has ups and downs but Germany won the European Cup in 1996 and reached the World cCup Final in 2002(with a so called "average" side).

2000 was probably their worst year recently and no one expected anything from them at the 2002 World Cup especially after the trashing at home by England but they reached the final They have continued to do well ever since so do not exaggerate. if you have followed football long enough you will know nations rise and fall though some are always close the the top. What is the worst FIFA Ranking Germany ever had?? 22 in 2006. FYI in April 2013 Brazil were 19th
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by chiefololade: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2013
omonnakoda:
The days when Germany was an average side You must be very young or a learner! Brazil went from 1970 to 1994 with no World Cup. Yes every nation has ups and downs but Germany won the European Cup in 1996 and reached the World cCup Final in 2002(with a so called "average" side).

2000 was probably their worst year recently and no one expected anything from them at the 2002 World Cup especially after the trashing at home by England but they reached the final They have continued to do well ever since so do not exaggerate. if you have followed football long enough you will know nations rise and fall though some are always close the the top. What is the worst FIFA Ranking Germany ever had?? 22 in 2006. FYI in April 2013 Brazil were 19th
You are talking sense...
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonnakoda:

thats why i support keshi. Play more home based players on your squad so that youngsters will want to join nigerian leagues. The only problem is that the officials have a lot to do to create a league that can compete with the world
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by caukerzee(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
bboiabb:

excuses, excuses, excuses. if we did this, if we had that, if thAt.this shoulda happened, that woulda happened...bla! bla!! bla!!! spain also have their excuses for not scoring more goals than the did dont you think so? they could as well blame it on the fact that they didnt start toress or villa ahead of soldado who wasted a host of chances. we lost cause they were the better team simple!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by 1yorooba: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
I believe Naija did reasonably well and we should continue supporting the team. They don't need negativity right now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
caukerzee: excuses, excuses, excuses. if we did this, if we had that, if thAt.this shoulda happened, that woulda happened...bla! bla!! bla!!! spain also have their excuses for not scoring more goals than the did dont you think so? they could as well blame it on the fact that they didnt start toress or villa ahead of soldado who wasted a host of chances. we lost cause they were the better team simple!!!

excuses? give our full starting 11 and we won't have any excuse
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by dougivilla(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
bboiabb:

excuses? give our full starting 11 and we won't have any excuse
Did Fifa not have a reason for allowing over 20 players per competition? Whose fault is it the we had a bench that could not cover for the absense of the first 11 from a population of over 160 0illion people?. Was it not 2nd eleven spain used to whip Tahiti 10 goals to nil?

Excuses will never help us out! Tellimg ourselves the truth will!
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by holar1st(m): 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
dougivilla: Did Fifa not have a reason for allowing over 20 players per competition? Whose fault is it the we had a bench that could not cover for the absense of the first 11 from a population of over 160 0illion people?. Was it not 2nd eleven spain used to whip Tahiti 10 goals to nil?

Excuses will never help us out! Tellimg ourselves the truth will!
yes u er right[quote][/quote] yes u er right
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by albacete(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2013
Will i be correct to say that Brazil will thrash us 6-0? cheesy smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ikeyman00(m): 9:33am On Jul 01, 2013
@@@@

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque:

"It was a difficult match. We had an excellent rival who fought for the ball. In the end we were able to control the ball and break the match.
"[Italy] is a challenge for us. We want to play the final.
"For Italy it'll also be a very important match, because after the final of the European Championship, I guess they'll want revenge

Had they converted their chances the story of this game might have been different, but there was a sense that Spain still had another gear to move into if they needed it.

BBC SPORTS AFRICA
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2013
albacete: Will i be correct to say that Brazil will thrash us 6-0? cheesy smiley

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by ortopazz(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2013
bin gbagbo:

grin grin grin grin

a simple question of if' makes u shine those blatant teeth of urz, well take k of portugal 2mao, then we will talk, besides did u guys lose to Spainz under 2o? Well I think so, stop feeling above board when all u guys are, just an average team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2013
ortopazz:

a simple question of if' makes u shine those blatant teeth of urz, well take k of portugal 2mao, then we will talk, besides did u guys lose to Spainz under 2o? Well I think so, stop feeling above board when all u guys are, is an average team.

GHANA IS THE ONLY AFRICAN WINNER OF THE UNDER 2O WORLD CUP kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (Reply)

I Just Found An App That Hack All The Vip Betting Tips For Free / Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) / How To Turn #150 Into #4,000,000 This Weekend + (bet9ja Booking Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.