Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11515 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

lol. I am itching to see where this line of questioning is going....nowhere perhaps
grin the question was really irrelevant since LOVE is the fulfillment of the law.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin Why are you separating the teachings to TWO audiences? Didn't you hear Tgirl quote a scripture that there is neither Jews nor gentiles in Christ?

There is no Jew nor gentile in Christ according to the gospel of Paul that says faith plus nothing. You can't be living according to the law and think this applies to you, no, it applies to believers of the gospel of Christ alone.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

There is no Jew nor gentile in Christ according to the gospel of Paul that says faith plus nothing. You can't be living according to the law and think this applies to you, no, it applies to believers of the gospel of Christ alone.

Am I the only one that rolls on the floor laughing when he reads "according to the Gospel of Paul"?
Need to know if this laughter is normal.

But wait, didnt you say the Jewish believers like Peter were still to continue in the law, as that is what they would be judged by? Or are we conforming?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

grin grin Interesting, so are you saying James, John and peter are not believers?Even Paul sef,they never mince words saying they live in accordance with the Law.

Acts 24:14 (NKJV) "But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the Elohim of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Am I the only one that rolls on the floor laughing when he reads "according to the Gospel of Paul"?

But wait, didnt you say the Jewish believers like Peter were still to continue in the law, as that is what they would be judged by? Or are we conforming?
grin grin bro..this thing tire me o see confusion.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin grin Interesting, so are you saying James, John and peter are not believers?Even Paul sef,they never mince words saying they leave in accordance with the Law.

Acts 24:14 (NKJV) "But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the Elohim of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.

Paul was defending himself in front of these people, he was explaining his case and how he got to the position. I don't see how what he said there tells you and I to practice Judaism, go and read your Romans 3 mehn.

The man made it clear for people like you that-

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

The question here is, this man says he wants to gain people under the law, is he gaining them from the la to thesame law?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Paul was defending himself in front of these people, he was explaining his case and how he got to the position. I don't see how what he said there tells you and I to practice Judaism, go and read your Romans 3 mehn.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

The question here is, this man says he wants to gain people under the law, is he gaining them from the la to thesame law?
grin ok,ok Your point here is that Paul style of preaching is to quote copious text from OT scriptures to convince his listeners that Jesus is actually the messiah, is that correct?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: I think my work is done here.The chief apostolic rabbi of nairaland has finally agreed. No further comments.Thanks.

You and this your one sided debate sef. I have said it on one of my thread that the 10 commandments resurfaced to us NOT AS LETTERS WRITTEN ON STONES THAT WAS MINISTRY OF DEATH AND CONDEMNATION (law of sin and death) but AS LAW OF SPIRIT OF LIFE.

And I followed up asking you, using one example from the 10 commandments that,
Goshen360:

Now, do you still see the "thou shall not kill" of the OT as the same as "thou shall not kill" of the NT? ETC.

You picked one and left the question unanswered and concluded your work is done. Which work? Is that how to debate or have conversation? Answer the question,perhaps you know where I'm going with my question. grin
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

You and this your one sided debate sef. I have said it on one of my thread that the 10 commandments resurfaced to us NOT AS LETTERS WRITTEN ON STONES THAT WAS MINISTRY OF DEATH AND CONDEMNATION (law of sin and death) but AS LAW OF SPIRIT OF LIFE.

And I followed up asking you, using one example from the 10 commandments that,

You picked one and left the question unanswered and concluded your work is done. Which work? Is that how to debate or have conversation? Answer the question,perhaps you know where I'm going with my question. grin
Since i have a new nature which is born of God i don't see it as such.But the gospel truth for me is that loving other people as oneself is a difficult goal.I am still learning to and God is helping me bro..
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin ok,ok Your point here is that Paul style of preaching is to quote copious text from OT scriptures to convince his listeners that Jesus is actually the messiah, is that correct?

Paul rarely quotes from the law of Moses, he takes all of his doctrinal references from Genesis.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Paul rarely quotes from the law of Moses, he takes all of his doctrinal references from Genesis.
Ok if you say so, but if you have a concordance you will see him quoting copiously from Deuteronomy to further buttress his arguments on Romans. Hebrews was also quoted from Leviticus etc,etc. Who wrote Genesis?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Ok if you say so, but if you have a concordance you will see him quoting copiously from Deuteronomy to further buttress his arguments on Romans. Hebrews was also quoted from Leviticus etc,etc. Who wrote Genesis?

His argument! Exactly. I said he does not quote the law in his doctrinal books because he was primarily sent to people who do not know the law. Because the Jews depend and pride so much on the law and circumcision, he takes them all the way back to the times of Abraham to validate his points and he sometimes uses their law to drive his point home to them.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Since i have a new nature which is born of God i don't see it as such.But the gospel truth for me is that loving other people as oneself is a difficult goal.I am still learning to and God is helping me bro..

Since you like to dey play me wayo, Bidam, I will take time to explain my point and teaching to you and others what I meant that the 10 commandments was tagged MINISTRY OF DEATH AND CONDEMNATION but when it resurfaced to a NT believer, it is LAW OF SPIRIT OF LIFE. I will take time to explain later today.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Since you like to dey play me wayo, Bidam, I will take time to explain my point and teaching to you and others what I meant that the 10 commandments was tagged MINISTRY OF DEATH AND CONDEMNATION but when it resurfaced to a NT believer, it is LAW OF SPIRIT OF LIFE. I will take time to. explain later today.

@Goshen, how now? Lol. I read your post above and I smiled. Your questions which you raised on 10 commandments being the ministry of death were answered by me on the other thread but I am not sure you responded to them.
It is so surprising that you finally said what I have been saying on the 10 commandments all this while. Possibly the only reason why you now accept it is because you are saying it yourself. You said they were done away and I had always said the commandments stand but the spirit behind it is the key and not just of the letter. The commandments did not have to resurface, they have always been there but spirit of those commands can only be accessed by those who mix it will faith and their hearts are not hardened. That is why the Israelites, never could keep it as they always fell short using human and fleshy work. Jesus already gave the true intent to them while alive. E.g. Hatred linked to murder and lust to adultery. So, the veil is removed in Jesus.
It will be nice to see you quote scriptures to defend the bolded though.
Anyway, nice to see you finally accept what we have been trying to pass accross.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The mans fixation on Paul is legend.

It would have been better if it had been possession with the spirit of yashua ibn joseph

I would rather he professed "and jesus Christ said" smiley

Always try to quote the master you will never go wrong.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
Alwaystrue:

The commandments did not have to resurface, they have always been there but spirit of those commands can only be accessed by those who mix it will faith and their hearts are not hardened. That is why the Israelites, never could keep it as they always fell short using human and fleshy work. Jesus already gave the true intent to them while alive. E.g. Hatred linked to murder and lust to adultery. So, the veil is removed in Jesus..

Pls show me through the scriptures where the 10 moral laws of Moses found its way into the new law of the Spirit in Christ.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Liar Liar smiley

Paul quoted from all of scripture he was a doctor of the LAW.

your statement is pointless and lacks any scriptural backing

Yashua quoted from Deuteronomy more than any other book

Lawlessness is death

2 Likes

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Pls show me through the scriptures where the 10 moral laws of Moses found its way into the new law of the Spirit in Christ.
I wonder why you are asking me when I was not the one who quoted it or are you afraid to ask Goshen?
Goshen has said it here and is willing to teach, so please be patient or ask him yourself. It will be nice to get his spin on it.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Why don't you read for yourself and see how the elders lived their lives smiley

I believe its called inspiration.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Ok if you say so, but if you have a concordance you will see him quoting copiously from Deuteronomy to further buttress his arguments on Romans. Hebrews was also quoted from Leviticus etc,etc. Who wrote Genesis?

The man is as slippery as they come

The guy makes me laugh so hard smiley

One must have conviction

shdemidemi study to show yourself approved
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Your interpretation of verse 20 and 21 cast Paul in a very bad light

You make Paul sound like a DECIEVER a PRETENDER or someone with MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER smiley

shdemidemi Comon give Apostle Paul a break, The man don suffer for your hand too mush smiley

You cannot by your much speaking put Paul over Christ or potray Paul as a lawless man for that matter.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
Alwaystrue:
I wonder why you are asking me when I was not the one who quoted it or are you afraid to ask Goshen?
Goshen has said it here and is willing to teach, so please be patient or ask him yourself. It will be nice to get his spin on it.

I am sorry then, I wanted to know what your viewpoint about the issue is since you claim you have succeeded in convincing Goshen.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Your interpretation of verse 20 and 21 cast Paul in a very bad light

You make Paul sound like a DECIEVER a PRETENDER or someone with MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER smiley

shdemidemi Comon give Apostle Paul a break, The man don suffer for your hand too mush smiley

You cannot by your much speaking put Paul over Christ or potray Paul as a lawless man for that matter.

Luke 10:25-28
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

But I guess the words of Yashua are not important for our dear friends in the camp of the gentiles. grin
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Alwaystrue(f): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am sorry then, I wanted to know what your viewpoint about the issue is since you claim you have succeeded in convincing Goshen.
@shdemidemi, I am not sure I claimed 'I succeeded in convincing Goshen'. undecided
But even the viewpoints I show you, even in the NT, you claim they are not spoken to the church or something. I did not know my viewpoints matter to you, But all the same, Goshen will teach us and quote the necessary scriptures on this.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Luke 10:25-28
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

But I guess the words of Yashua are not important for our dear friends in the camp of the gentiles. grin

Was that before or after he fulfilled the demand of the law ,'DEATH'.

The law kills.

Sin is the transgression of the law

Christ died to condemn sin in the flesh by paying the wages of sin for anyone who believe.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Alwaystrue:
@shdemidemi, I am not sure I claimed 'I succeeded in convincing Goshen'. undecided
But even the viewpoints I show you, even in the NT, you claim they are not spoken to the church or something. I did not know my viewpoints matter to you, But all the same, Goshen will teach us and quote the necessary scriptures on this.

Thanks my sister.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The law kills.

Christ died to condemn sin in the flesh by paying the wages of sin for anyone who believe.

You are so funny. By your line of reasoning, everything Jesus taught is now null and void, as Paul is now the lightbearer.
What a heretic you are!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Let yashua be your true teacher smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

The law kills.

Here we go again.

Hilarious that's what you are smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You are so funny. By your line of reasoning, everything Jesus taught is now null and void, as Paul is now the lightbearer.
What a heretic you are!

Pure child of the little horn smiley

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

What a heretic you are!
Romans 15
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
2 cor 5
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

What's he talking about? Christ in His earthly ministry. And isn't that exactly where so much of our preaching is today? Sunday after Sunday they preach about Jesus, and all His miracles, and His signs, and His wonders. But what does Paul say about that? Hey, we're not following any man in the flesh, we are to now take Christ after the work of the Cross, after His death, burial, and Resurrection. He's ascended into glory, now that's the Christ that we're attached to. Oh, I grant you it's the same man, the same God, but nevertheless the Christ before the Cross was not the object of our Salvation that He is after the Cross. That stands to reason, because it's the work of the Cross that makes possible our Salvation experience. So Paul says that he doesn't know anyone after the flesh. We're not preaching Jesus in His earthly ministry.

So Paul says that since His death, burial, and Resurrection we do not look back and know Him in His earthly ministry as such. There is nothing wrong with studying His earthly ministry, so don't misunderstand me, but that's not the basis of our Salvation today. Our Salvation is not based on the earthly ministry of Jesus. That was His ministry to the Nation of Israel. The Name of Jesus was His Name of humiliation, He was going to the Cross, the sin-Bearer, and once He rises from the dead in power and glory, then it's no longer appropriate to refer to Him as Jesus. But now He is the Lord Jesus, He's Jesus Christ, He's the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:
Romans 15
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
2 cor 5
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

What's he talking about? Christ in His earthly ministry. And isn't that exactly where so much of our preaching is today? Sunday after Sunday they preach about Jesus, and all His miracles, and His signs, and His wonders. But what does Paul say about that? Hey, we're not following any man in the flesh, we are to now take Christ after the work of the Cross, after His death, burial, and Resurrection. He's ascended into glory, now that's the Christ that we're attached to. Oh, I grant you it's the same man, the same God, but nevertheless the Christ before the Cross was not the object of our Salvation that He is after the Cross. That stands to reason, because it's the work of the Cross that makes possible our Salvation experience. So Paul says that he doesn't know anyone after the flesh. We're not preaching Jesus in His earthly ministry.

So Paul says that since His death, burial, and Resurrection we do not look back and know Him in His earthly ministry as such. There is nothing wrong with studying His earthly ministry, so don't misunderstand me, but that's not the basis of our Salvation today. Our Salvation is not based on the earthly ministry of Jesus. That was His ministry to the Nation of Israel. The Name of Jesus was His Name of humiliation, He was going to the Cross, the sin-Bearer, and once He rises from the dead in power and glory, then it's no longer appropriate to refer to Him as Jesus. But now He is the Lord Jesus, He's Jesus Christ, He's the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hilarious smiley

I always find it funny when you try and separate Israel from the king and place the so called church in her place

If I remember correctly when one disciple enquired about the DESCIPLES REWARD from the master....

Then Peter said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?”

28 And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on [a]His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother [b]or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive [c]many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.

So it is at once clear that the future kingdom is based upon the same THEOCRATIC principles of old

12 TRIBES OF ISREAL REBORN

PLEASE DONT LET THIS PASS OVER YOUR HEAD AGAIN smiley

Stop spreading and encouraging falsehood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / Matthew 23, The Message. Let's Discuss. / What Makes Rich Men To Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.