Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! (22348 Views)

Have U Noticed That IBB Has Been Very Quiet Ever Since Buhari Won The Election? / Breaking News: IBB Has Spoken / IBB Has Yarn .....? Breaking News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by NeoXVI: 5:49am On Jun 13, 2013
By CLIFFORD NDUJIHE & DAUD OLATUNJI

LAGOS —TWENTY years after the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential elections presumably won by late business tycoon, Chief M.K.O Abiola, the Head of Abiola family, Mubashiru, yesterday, exonerated former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida from the complicity that led to the death of Abiola in government’s custody. Rather, he said that Babangida, who annulled the election, had been a pillar of support to the Abiola family since the business mogul died in detention on July 7, 1998.

Mubashiru, M.K.O Abiola’s younger brother spoke at Abiola’s Oja-Agbo family house in Abeokuta during the 2013 June12 democracy walk organized by the Ogun State Government.

The disclosure came on a day that President Goodluck Jonathan said that ‘June 12’ had changed the history of the country for good as leading politicians, activists and groups at different events to commemorate the 20th anniversary of June 12 lamented that little or no improvement in the welfare of Nigerians had been achieved since 1993, adding that poverty among the citizenry had worsened.

Meantime, the Federal Government said, yesterday, that it was ready to immortalise Abiola and urged Nigerians to come up with suggestions on how best to honour the late politician. The government’s effort to name the University of Lagos after Abiola last year hit a brick wall with opposition from stakeholders and students of the institution.

Mubashiru, who in an interview with newsmen in Abeokuta appealed to the Federal Government to pay the debt it was owing Abiola, said Babangida‘s support to the Abiola family was unparalleled after the death of their bread winner, saying, the family believed strongly that, it was not possible for the General to kill his former friend.

He said: “Babangida did anything we wanted in this family. Unless he did not know, he would come. He has been supporting this family. He always supports the family. There was a time Abiola’s daughter was wedding, Babangida was here with his wife right away from Minna, sat down with us; he left his wife to stay with us till the second day. She slept in M K O’s house till the second day.

“That is the major reason why I will always support him and I don’t believe that Babangida was the one that killed M KO, no. That is capital no. Everybody knew that Babangida was not in the government when M KO died. How could you say that somebody who was not there did something? It is not possible. Babangida does not know anything about the death of M.K.O.”

Delivering a speech on behalf of the family, Mubashiru described IBB’s regime as the best urging current governments at all levels to embrace the vision of June 12 by ensuring good governance.

“I want to state unequivocally that General Babangida’s administration remains the best ever in the nation’s history and I implore our current administrators at various levels of governance to embrace the vision of June 12, by ensuring that every Nigerian family gets food on their table and shelters on their heads, all employable youths get jobs while the nooks and crannies of the Federation enjoy basic amenities.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ibb-has-been-our-pillar-abiolas-family/

SMH. These guys have no pride or shame? With all the millions MKO left them, what pillar of support should they be looking for outside? Even if IBB didn't have a hand in Abiola's death, it was still his action that ultimately lead to that death, so they shouldn't even be seen with him in public or have his name on their lips except to pronounce curses.

Na wa for these people sha lipsrsealed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Bigcake: 5:59am On Jun 13, 2013
Yorubas will forever be slaves to the hausas.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Bigcake: Yorubas will forever be slaves to the hausas.

Just same way, you will forever not be able to make sense.

92 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2013
So na IBB dey even feed dis people? Shows that some Nairaland-warriors are bunch of drunks. IBB annulled election,Abacha took over Abiola's position,Abulsalami! IBB's cousin knows what killed Abiola, yet, Abiola's family and kingsmen cannot grow ballz and attack IBB instead of worshipping him even though he is no longer on military uniform. I dey laugh o

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by idupaul: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2013
Once the visionary is gone the vision will go like smoke in the wind. With the exit of MKO the Abiola family now knows that vision bearing is not done by Luck but by the specially ordained, or how do we explain how this family has killed a business empire left to them in 20yrs only to be collecting handouts from IBB . Besides is the man saying all these June 12 activist that are now powerful Governors and ex governors aint providing any pillar for those Abiola left behind.

2 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by 234GT(m): 7:05am On Jun 13, 2013
Nice don talk finish: Money speaking speaking, any idea waiting waiting!

3 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by iykak47: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2013
What an irony. The lesson is don't cry more than the bereaved.

20 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by AbuMikey(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Just like your Hausas would forever be dullards!!!

Humble Edo Boy

3 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Abali1(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Madam_Oringo, have you heard what this boy is saying...... please come and read it here before you say it is Igbos this and Igbos that.
#Amoutofhere#

7 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 13, 2013
To summarise what this man said,IBB is innocent of the crime.That is to say contrary to widespread rumour that his death was plotted by the gallant General,the letter is innocent and i quote.
A friend once told me that after analising the whole situation concerning the death of MKO plus the emergence of Obj,that he believes the later played a prime role in d formers death(not neglecting d role played by his accomplice in the act;Some northern elites).
But if i may ask,why this brouhaha about this imparfect man's demise? was he greater than/as great as the great men that Nigeria have lost in the past?
After all said i still like the man Obj.Yes,every southerner should for the role he played in reducing the political influence of the north(i mean d core-north) in deciding 'what' and 'how' in Nigeria's politics and leadership.

3 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Bigcake: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2013
dejustice:

Just same way, you will forever not be able to make sense.
Atleats am better off than ur good for nothing smellin.g fada.

6 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2013
idupaul: Once the visionary is gone the vision will go like smoke in the wind. With the exit of MKO the Abiola family now knows that vision bearing is not done by Luck but by the specially ordained, or how do we explain how this family has killed a business empire left to them in 20yrs only to be collecting handouts from IBB . Besides is the man saying all these June 12 activist that are now powerful Governors and ex governors aint providing any pillar for those Abiola left behind.
anybody dt knws d story of abiola will knw dt that brother of his has been an id!ot since inception!
He has refused to pick a job or do a business wile abiola was alive. He follows him abt feeding off him!

There was a time i was in mapoly and abiola came. This guy was the loath of the town.. The guy is still living in the family house which abiola built. U can imagine d slow poke!

Abiola's legitimate sons and daughters are fuckin living fine all over the world. I am opportune to knw few, and i must commend kola for keeping his word.

They all collect some sort of salary, ok to go round!

And kola has got no time for these leeching families of his brother. If he likes, make he go eat for abacha table!

7 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by chiozor: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2013
lipsrsealed Yaribas and their chamelon's life style...always a turnacoat...who would ever think IBB has been feeding these Yoruba people and they keep shouting June 12 angry and collecting money at the back, more like mocking Abiola

15 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Abali1(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Does it mean that Ola Johnson has not seen this thread?
#justasking#

3 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Abali1: Does it mean that Ola Johnson has not seen this thread?
#justasking#
I'll be here soon.

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2013
F00l, who is the Hausa here? Is IBB not a Nupe (or Ogbomosho as some people claim)? The man, MKO's younger brother is just stating his position on the person of IBB, which should not be regarded as the position of the Abiola family because MKO had a nuclear family with children and wives that are still alive. If at all any person wants to speak for the Abiola, that person should be Kola Abiola, his sister that is an SA in Ogun State or one of MKO's widows.

5 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
F00l, who is the Hausa here? Is IBB not a Nupe (or Ogbomosho as some people claim)? The man, MKO's younger brother is just stating his position on the person of IBB, which should not be regarded as the position of the Abiola family because MKO had a nuclear family with children and wives that are still alive. If at all any person wants to speak for the Abiola, that person should be Kola Abiola, his sister that is an SA in Ogun State or one of MKO's widows.
super story.

12 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 13, 2013
chidindufrank: super story.
Abia.
Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by kennyonthrone(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2013
IBB pillar of support? Lyk criously?
Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by ACM10: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:

Must you give excuse all the time to justify every ridiculous position of your people?

10 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Dee60: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2013
End of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Davidoff2000: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2013
See falling hand.

5 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2013
ACM10:

Must you give excuse all the time to justify every ridiculous position of your people?
I expect you to tell me whether or not I'm wrong, not what you just posted.

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2013
ACM10:

I expect you to tell me whether or not I'm wrong, not what you just posted, then I'll reply you.

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by ACM10: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2013
This is appalling! Not fair to the memory of MKO Abiola. He must be extremely agitated in his grave. Can you imagine his family dinning with the person that put in motion the events that led to his death. Does Abiola family have any atom of shame? This is as low as they can get. This is very bad. So irritating to ear. Coming from one of the leaders of Abiola family shows the extent of this rot. Decency demands that they stay clear of Babangida and his agents. But, he praised his dad's tormentor-in-chief to the high heaven. I spit on the bad elements of Abiola family.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by genuisemma: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2013
June 12 is a day set aside to woa IBB 4 his evil deed bk den as a military commandant
Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by omo9ja1(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2013
I thought that was a good and honest statement, some NL just can't be mature and think straight anything they point to tribe, you all know who you are! if we can embrace unity this country will be great, my one cent advice

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by felixtare(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2013
imagineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Policewoman(f): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2013
Neo-XVI:
By CLIFFORD NDUJIHE & DAUD OLATUNJI

LAGOS —TWENTY years after the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential elections presumably won by late business tycoon, Chief M.K.O Abiola, the Head of Abiola family, Mubashiru, yesterday, exonerated former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida from the complicity that led to the death of Abiola in government’s custody. Rather, he said that Babangida, who annulled the election, had been a pillar of support to the Abiola family since the business mogul died in detention on July 7, 1998.

Mubashiru, M.K.O Abiola’s younger brother spoke at Abiola’s Oja-Agbo family house in Abeokuta during the 2013 June12 democracy walk organized by the Ogun State Government.

The disclosure came on a day that President Goodluck Jonathan said that ‘June 12’ had changed the history of the country for good as leading politicians, activists and groups at different events to commemorate the 20th anniversary of June 12 lamented that little or no improvement in the welfare of Nigerians had been achieved since 1993, adding that poverty among the citizenry had worsened.

Meantime, the Federal Government said, yesterday, that it was ready to immortalise Abiola and urged Nigerians to come up with suggestions on how best to honour the late politician. The government’s effort to name the University of Lagos after Abiola last year hit a brick wall with opposition from stakeholders and students of the institution.

Mubashiru, who in an interview with newsmen in Abeokuta appealed to the Federal Government to pay the debt it was owing Abiola, said Babangida‘s support to the Abiola family was unparalleled after the death of their bread winner, saying, the family believed strongly that, it was not possible for the General to kill his former friend.

He said: “Babangida did anything we wanted in this family. Unless he did not know, he would come. He has been supporting this family. He always supports the family. There was a time Abiola’s daughter was wedding, Babangida was here with his wife right away from Minna, sat down with us; he left his wife to stay with us till the second day. She slept in M K O’s house till the second day.

“That is the major reason why I will always support him and I don’t believe that Babangida was the one that killed M KO, no. That is capital no. Everybody knew that Babangida was not in the government when M KO died. How could you say that somebody who was not there did something? It is not possible. Babangida does not know anything about the death of M.K.O.”

Delivering a speech on behalf of the family, Mubashiru described IBB’s regime as the best urging current governments at all levels to embrace the vision of June 12 by ensuring good governance.

“I want to state unequivocally that General Babangida’s administration remains the best ever in the nation’s history and I implore our current administrators at various levels of governance to embrace the vision of June 12, by ensuring that every Nigerian family gets food on their table and shelters on their heads, all employable youths get jobs while the nooks and crannies of the Federation enjoy basic amenities.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ibb-has-been-our-pillar-abiolas-family/

SMH. These guys have no pride or shame? With all the millions MKO left them, what pillar of support should they be looking for outside? Even if IBB didn't have a hand in Abiola's death, it was still his action that ultimately lead to that death, so they shouldn't even be seen with him in public or have his name on their lips except to pronounce curses.

Na wa for these people sha lipsrsealed

TRAITORS AND BETRAYERS.

4 Likes

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by traffickz(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2013
The Rat that Bites and still blows out air on it so U don't understand; The pain must be felt when day breaks.Insults upon Injury.

1 Like

Re: IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! by Policewoman(f): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2013
I AGREE WITH YOU SIR.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch / Lagos Issues Three-Day Removal Notice To Owners Of Illegal Structures In Lekki / Bishop P.O Evang Hosts Mr Ibu As They Declare Support For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.