Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! (2522 Views)

Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP / Amaechi Pressurising Me To Free Hardened Criminals – Rivers CP / "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Mamajama(m): 7:25pm On May 06, 2008
What a sad day in did for the Nigerian police force, not only was he an outstanding young man with integrity and charisma.

May God bless his family in this time of needs. Rest in peace MR HAZ

http://nigeriapolice.org/public/modules/news/article.php?storyid=24
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Mamajama(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2008
Olukemi, widow of the late Kaduna State Commisioner of Police, Haz Iwendi, on Tuesday gave graphic details of how her husband went into coma for about five days at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika, Zaria before his demise on Monday.

Also, scores of sympathisers besieged the Police House residence of Iwendi, located at Angwan Rimi GRA to pay their condolences.

However, the Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, regretted that Iwendi passed on at a point when the police authorities had already completed the formal arrangements to fly him to Germany for further treatment.

Sobbing profusely, Olukemi told reporters, “He complained of slight body pain on the 30th of April, 2008 and demanded the attention of his medical doctor at home but when the condition got worse he was referred to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna for proper medical check up.

After the medical examination, nothing was discovered and he was referred to the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika, Zaria, for another round of medical examination. However, at about 4 pm that day, he lost consciousness and went into coma. He was in that situation till 6 pm on Monday 5th May, 2008 when he gave up the ghost. The doctor’s diagnosis indicated stroke.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200805071327184

What kind of doctors do we have in Nigeria? This is sad
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Encomium(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2008
Cp Haz Iwendi's death was a pathetic one as he died of neglet because he is an Igbo man. Yar'adua was sick and he was flown to German as well as other people in government but Haz was left to die in a teaching hospital that has no drugs talkless of useful equipments. Time will tell and may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Mamajama(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2008
Encomium I disagree with your tribal remark. His tribe has nothing to do with the process at hand, and is the current IG not an IGBO man?

He just can't authorize sending someone abroad for treatment without the proper approval.

Haz death is sad, pathetic and that just shows you how desperate we need a leader with vision to modernise the current health system in Nigeria
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Encomium(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2008
Mamajama, thanks for being humane. I simply like the way you and some Nairalanders like Busta, Almondjoy etc airs your views. More greese to your elbows.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by frenchman(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2008
I strongly agree with Mamajama, we should be more objective in our analysis of issues. The problem is with the system and not with being from one part of the country or not.
Attaching tribal sentiments to issues of national discourse like will not augur well for our development as a multi-tribal and multi-cutural nation.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2008
Mamajama:

Encomium I disagree with your tribal remark. His tribe has nothing to do with the process at hand, and is the current IG not an IGBO man?

He just can't authorize sending someone abroad for treatment without the proper approval.

Haz death is sad, pathetic and that just shows you how desperate we need a leader with vision to modernise the current health system in Nigeria

Ethnic politics of convenience!

When it suits some Nigerians, they remember that geopolitical zones don't define ethnicity, however, when it's time to attack the Igbos, they try to use spurious boundaries to limit the extensive reach of the Igbo nation.

"The man, Mike Mbama Okiro
Date of birth: July 24, 1949.
Place of birth: Oguta, Imo state.
Home town: Egbema
LGA of origin: Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni
State of origin: Rivers"

Of course Mike Okiro is an Igbo man (like so many other Igbos in present day Delta and Rivers states) I just hope this selectiveness in admitting who is Igbo and who is not (a political hangover of a military strategy against Biafra) is continually exposed as a pathetic and failed attempt at marginalizing the Igbos.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by Afam(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Ethnic politics of convenience!

When it suits some Nigerians, they remember that geopolitical zones don't define ethnicity, however, when it's time to attack the Igbos, they try to use spurious boundaries to limit the extensive reach of the Igbo nation.

Of course Mike Okiro is an Igbo man (like so many other Igbos in present day Delta and Rivers states) I just hope this selectiveness in admitting who is Igbo and who is not (a political hangover of a military strategy against Biafra) is continually exposed as a pathetic and failed attempt at marginalizing the Igbos.

GBAM!!!
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by yewaman1(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2008
its truly very sad, how many of our people are overworked,
and dont get good medical care here until its too late.

And I dont think the Nigerian Poilcehave any medicare for their
officers
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by oruwe: 3:27pm On May 09, 2008
Ecomium, you got it wrong. Mamajema you are very correct. Wetin concern whether the man na IGBO or FULANI for death matter? May the gentle soul of the Police commissioner rest in perfect peace.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by RichyBlacK(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2008
Afam:

GBAM!!!

Afam,

I recall an experience I had some time ago. Out of curiosity, I asked this girl from Delta State (her name is "Chimnonso" and her surname is also Igbo) whether she was Igbo? She immediately turned to her cousin (he too has an Igbo name and surname), and asked him "Dede are we Igbos?". I laughed for one week grin.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by RichyBlacK(m): 3:39pm On May 10, 2008
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by otokx(m): 3:43pm On May 10, 2008
A lot of Nigerians only go to the hospital when they have caught a glimpse of the "other side". Who said there are no drugs in that teaching hospital? Its a case of little too late so for those still on this side, take out time to rest instead of pursuing money as if its an end in itself.
Re: Cp Haz Iwendi Passes On! by oluspencer(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2012
Walmar? We are dealing with extortation from oil companies and now our small scale retailers will be under the threat of walmart. OKONJO your susbidy idea was a money making venture and means of starving nigerias with no single improvement on economy now is Walmart to take the little you people left the in circulation.No way.

(1) (Reply)

Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed / Olusegun Aganga Finance Minister Interview Disses Sanusi. . .subliminally / IMPEACHMENT NOTICE : Al-makura Begs Jonathan To Intervene.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.