Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! (47789 Views)

Health Benefits Of Ginger And Garlic / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Stegomiah: 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
10 Health benefits of Ginger

Ginger, a kind of herb has been used as a natural remedy for many ailments for centuries. According to various health research studies have proved that ginger is highly effective for treating various health problems and shows great effect on the human body.Ginger works wonder for many problems from cancer to migraines. Ginger has wide variety of properties like Anti-viral, Anti-fungal,Anti-nausea, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-septic, Anti-Bacterial that makes ginger a special herb. Beside this Ginger is power packed with various vitamins A,C,E,B-complex,potassium,silicon,sodium,magnesium,iron,zinc,calcium,beta-carotene.

Here we list Top 10 Health Benefits of Ginger.

1. Ovarian Cancer Treatment: According to the study of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center that Ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied. It will be a powerful weapon for treating ovarian cancer.

2. Colon Cancer Prevention : According to the research done at university of Minnesota that Ginger slows down the growth of colorectal cancer cells.

3. Control Diabetes: Ginger lowers the blood sugar levels. Drinking one glass of water mixed with one table spoon of ginger juice in the morning helps to regulate the sugar level.

4. Morning Sickness : A review of several studies has concluded that Ginger just works like vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.

5. Migraine Relief : Ginger has the ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels which helps us to get relief from Migraine. Make ginger paste by adding ginger powder in the water and apply on the forehead.

6.Prevents Cold and Flu : Ginger has been used as a natural treatment for cold and flu, It boosts the immune system of our body by inducing sweating. When you are suffering from cold and flu, you must consume ginger several times a day.

7.Menstrual Cramp Relief : Ginger is a natural pain killer which can be used to reduce menstrual pain. When you are suffering from menstrual cramps, you must drink ginger tea with brown sugar.

8. Heartburn Relief : Ginger promotes healthy heart, It lowers cholesterol and helps blood from clotting. Ginger can be used as a natural heart burn remedy. Try to drink ginger tea several times in a day to get instant relief.

9. Reduces Pain and Inflammation : Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and works as a powerful natural painkiller.

10. Settles Upset Stomach : Ginger calm down an upset stomach because of its carminative properties. It boosts the immune system of our body. Experts are recommended that eat ginger after a large meal to improve digestion.

http://2magazineonline.com/10-health-benefits-of-ginger/

11 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
girl, you're beautiful wink wink wink

@thread, thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Emmyk(m): 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Oppps. Tot twas Garlic @op.. Yeah. Ah love ginger,...been taking it since childhood #Kunnu thingz... And this ginger that's made inside a sachet...which you can use with tead. Mhenn. Ah love it!
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by DICKtator: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Me like me some gingah thing. It gingahs me a lot. Just like Terry G
Or what Gingah are we talking about here?
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by DICKtator: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
joeydozzy: girl, you're beautiful wink wink wink

@thread, thanks
That is Oyedepo's school she is in. She is an Oyedepo's "witch"
Oyahh come and take Oyedepo's slap so that you can be gingahed!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by tellwisdom: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ginger the swagger?? shocked shocked..Good for the health?? shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Afrocatalyst: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
I love them
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
DICKtator:
That is Oyedepo's school she is in. She is an Oyedepo's "witch"
Oyahh come and take Oyedepo's slap so that you can be gingahed!!!
grin grin grin grin

she's giving me ginger already
we're gingering ourselves wink wink wink
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by ojuikwu: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
ojuikwu: igbo don dey robbed hard working people nw,why na only dem need money,but police dey kill them like flies thank jah
na true oo
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by AskProf: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Emmyk: Okay ooo. But I dont find the smell funny!! People that eat it do pass out the smell in their Urine too, and when I'm using WC, the gingerlic water would be splashing on my a$s.

This is about GINGER not GARLIC - see attached photo..

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by dasparrow: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
ojuikwu: na true oo

Why are you quoting and responding to your own post? Is there something inherently wrong with you? Please don't derail this fine thread.

@Post

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by grandstar(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
then i will start eating ginger. i will also add garlic to it. thanks for the thread. by the way, there is ginger in suya!

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Does it cure Gonorrhea,syphilis and other Stds ?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by delpee(f): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
1. Grate ginger and put in your tea.
2. Grate and soak in hot water with cloves for a while then sieve and mix with fresh pineapple juice/sobo (hibiscus) drink. Chill and drink.
Great for good health.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
Jst passingby...bt i must GINGA MA GANGA...
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Moji12(f): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
@op thank you for d marketing,that is what I sell anyway pls patronize me as u v heard it all it is indeed highly medicinal thanks.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by chassity002: 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
i love nature.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by alienware(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
Post hidden

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
I v always loved ginger. The pepperish taste makes me go high.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Emmyk: Okay ooo. But I dont find the smell funny!! People that eat it do pass out the smell in their Urine too, and when I'm using WC, the gingerlic water would be splashing on my a$s.

dont you guys flush your wc before you use it..

very disgusting..
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by supaeagles(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
gbosaa:
dont you guys flush your wc before you use it..
very disgusting..
exactly, almost sounded like he swims/splashes in his WC undecided

@OP ginger in tea is da bomb
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by SamConquer(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
#Smoking My Expensive Cuban Cigar Mix With Ginger#*Eyes Red*
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Bishop4bella(m): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ginger dey make persin fart very well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
We are talking about ginger here o, not garlic.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by shadrach77: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
Gbogbo ohun ti Oluwa se, daradara ni grin cheesy wink
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Does it cure Gonorrhea,syphilis and other Stds ?
confess now, which one u get
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
oya, its time to swagger d ginger
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by great664(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
i love the part that says it Lower Blood sugar. Can anyone tell me the procedure to do it?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by y2kplus: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
Low cholesterol also means blood pressure control.
There are so many ways you can enjoy ginger root. Eat it raw. Stir fry and add to your meals. Blend and add whilst cooking your stews (minimal oil, palm oil beneficial), blend and soak in water, put in the fridge to chill and drink instead of coke or any other fizzy drinks. You are only limited by your creativity.
Try it and you will enjoy it.
Always remember that the sweetest things are those that kill the most.

Stay healthy and thanks to the starter of this thread.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by miqos02(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
nice one
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! by BarryX(m): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
Post Hidden from prying eyes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mouth Odour In Nigeria,[ Causes & Treatments] / Sexual Benefits Of Garlic And Vitamin C Combination / Pinkish Colour Of The Balls, Thigh Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.