Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish (2792 Views)

APC Presidential Rally In Ekiti: Live Updates / Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State! / The Top 3 APC Presidential Candidates To Watch Out For! - CramJones exclusive! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by egift(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
donphilopus: Either Buhari/Oshimole or Buhari/Rochas i wold have said or Buhari/Fashola, but Nigerians won't like 2 Muslims

If you are talking of a ticket that will get the number, Buhari/Fashola all the way. Buhari has a legacy of giving his deputies free hand to do their best. There have never been a Nigerian leader that replicated that - Ask Tunde Idiagbon.

Since it will be hard for Ndigbo to get the Presidency in 2015, I did prefer a leader that will have thing functional. Ndigbo will beat any competition once there is a level-playing ground.

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by donphilopus: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
egift:

If you are talking of a ticket that will get the number, Buhari/Fashola all the way. Buhari has a legacy of giving his deputies free hand to do their best. There have never been a Nigerian leader that replicated that - Ask Tunde Idiagbon.

Since it will be hard for Ndigbo to get the Presidency in 2015, I did prefer a leader that will have thing functional. Ndigbo will beat any competition once there is a level-playing ground.
i believe that

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Kingsley1000: OKOROCHA FOR PRESIDENT,FASHOLA FOR VP...WHILE DR NGIGE FOR MINISTER OF WORKS....
Tinubu for Governor of Central Bank while his wife is minister of finance
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by djfaithy: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2013
..... I wish we can have Ribadu/Rochas,..... oshiomole as senate president and fashola as works minister or speaker of the house
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2013
djfaithy: ..... I wish we can have Ribadu/Rochas,..... oshiomole as senate president and fashola as works minister or speaker of the house
. if only this could be true.
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
payless: 1st choice- Rochas

2nd choice- Rochas

3rd choice- Fashola

4th choice- Oshiohmole
. Say na university or polytechnic choice be this ni_
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Buhari/Fashola or Ribadu/Fashola!!
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by Italiano1: 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
I really don't know who I would suggest as President to be honest.

Buhari has too much baggage and is seen as desperate. Ribadu is capable but lacks political experience, if he wins, the PDP machine will come after him with a vengeance but saying that, he will have the Northern Oligarchy behind him which is enough to silence any opposition but I will be fearful they might yet infiltrate his government to perpetuate the "Northern Agenda".

As for the VP role- the choice is between Rochas and Fashola. I will go for Fashola with Rochas playing a very significant role in the administration. The combination of both politicians will be interesting and formidable. I will go for Fashola because I am more conversant with his achievements in Lagos and his relative leadership qualities. Regardless, I will not mind if either become the VP candidate as long as both are actively involved in the future administration of the country.

Whoever emerges as Presidential and V.P candidates, I will prefer they set up an arrangement akin to the one Azikiwe tried to initiate with Awolowo before he bottled it and appointed Balewa instead. The President should take control of the political element of administration while the VP should be in charge of economic development of the country.

It might seem a bit convoluted for a Presidential system of governance but it is workable.

3 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Italiano1: I really don't know who I would suggest as President to be honest.

Buhari has too much baggage and is seen as desperate. Ribadu is capable but lacks political experience, if he wins, the PDP machine will come after him with a vengeance but saying that, he will have the Northern Oligarchy behind him which is enough to silence any opposition but I will be fearful they might yet infiltrate his government to perpetuate the "Northern Agenda".

As for the VP role- the choice is between Rochas and Fashola. I will go for Fashola with Rochas playing a very significant role in the administration. The combination of both politicians will be interesting and formidable. I will go for Fashola because I am more conversant with his achievements in Lagos and his relative leadership qualities. Regardless, I will not mind if either become the VP candidate as long as both are actively involved in the future administration of the country.

Whoever emerges as Presidential and V.P candidates, I will prefer they set up an arrangement akin to the one Azikiwe tried to initiate with Awolowo before he bottled it and appointed Balewa instead. The President should take control of the political element of administration while the VP should be in charge of economic development of the country.

It might seem a bit convoluted for a Presidential system of governance but it is workable.
. Gbam.
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2013

. Gbam.
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2013

. Gbam.
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by Aedesmuskeeto: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmmm... Give me buhari/rochas..
Re: APC Presidential Flag_bearer: Who Is Your Wish by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: Hmmmm... Give me buhari/rochas..
.U mean thier heads or what. Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi / History Of Yoruba Vice Presidents. Why Buhari Is Hesitating. / This Is What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.