Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:32 AM

Problem With Radiator Fans - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With Radiator Fans (866 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Changing The Radiator Of Your Tokunbo Car From Single Cell To Double Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Radiator Fans by myk2mic: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
guys,
had a problem some days back,on my way home from work my temperature gauge suddenly moved from 89deg to the red zone and wen i parked i noticed that most if not all of the coolant in the radiator had been transferred into the reservoir container. i let the engine cool down and after about 1 hr, the coolant flowed back into the radiator from the reservoir. i suspected that my fan wasn't working(my guess) so i started the car and allowed it run idle for close to 15 mins bt the fans didn't come up, i then bypassed the temp switch and connected the fans to come on wen the ignition is turned on, it worked and i reversed the connection and started the car and allowed it run idle for close to 30 mins but the fans never did come up. is the temp switch bad, can it be worked on or replace or is there another probs with my radiator. honda accord 1999 4cylinder.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Radiator Fans by cretin: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
most likely the temp switch/sender has failed..the fan isnt getting the go command....
hope u are aware that by passing the fan switch is hazadous to the life of ur engine
Re: Problem With Radiator Fans by myk2mic: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
iknw that it is bad for the engine, can it be fixed or do i get any other one sef, he thing don tire me
Re: Problem With Radiator Fans by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
myk2mic: iknw that it is bad for the engine, can it be fixed or do i get any other one sef, he thing don tire me

start by checking the fuse for the fan then move to the relay and lastly the temperature sender though i think the temperature sender should be picked by the ECU aka brainbox

(1) (Reply)

The Best New Car Engines For 2014 / What Car Logo Is This? / Opel Rekord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.