Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (14280 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by effisyman: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2013
Husbands generally are expected to be responsible for the family upkeep, feeding,school fees, clothing and Rents to mention a few.

But, in a situation where the wife shoulder most of this responsibilities if not all, Maybe due to the fact that she earns more or her business brings more profit.

Men generally may not be comfortable with these,as exerting your powers as the man of the house may be jeopardise, and the woman may also be full of ego and pride.

How do one cope or behave if you are in these situation?
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Daresh(f): 9:54am On Jun 14, 2013
I tire for all these men biko. Your wife loes not work wahala, she works wahala. You want to hold the woman down? If you are not happy she earns more then you go and make more money. Chikena! Don't hold the woman down with your insecurities and freaking ego angry

15 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by badoist(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2013
I know of a family lyk dat nd dey cope very well, d responsibility of d woman should not change, she should still L♥√ع him, respect him, not bossy, humble nd treat him well, see it as no biggo, mayb dat d way its meant 2b 4 sum. Don't turn im to a messanger, no abusive words, nd most importantly defend im amidst frends, nd encourage im 2.

13 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
It takes wisdom and understanding for the 2 to live in peace and harmony. If the man isn't a lazy bum, the wife should remain submissive. She shouldn't let the present situation of things get to her head. And she should continue to encourage her hubby in ways they can increase their finances.

Also, she should not constantly remind the man that she is the one footing most of the bills. He knows this already.

Family and friends should not know how you run your home.

The hubby on the other hand also need to be loving and appreciative of his wife's effort. He shouldn't let the present situation frustrate him into seeing his wife as a threat. Cos when the wife spends more, the man usually feels threatened.

He should also intensify effort into getting something more productive to do. He shouldn't relax, allowing his wife carry all their financial burden.

He should also try to support no matter how little. With this, the wife will know it's the situation and not that he wants to be a pest.

17 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
Unless d wife is not a responsible one,normal family life continues.
I know of a lady in shell,PH.d hubby was somewhere in anambra working too.hubby has to stop cos her own was juicier than his.they tot that he can easily get work in PH with her connection.one month,one year,two yrs.in b/w a car,two cars and a plot of land.we knew cos we were close to them.this man is such a very neat man so he is always cooking,arrangin d house and washing.one day we saw d man dryin some private stuff.we joked with it and d lady told d hubby"shebi I told u to stop all these,u r really embarasin me and pple will think I send u work"
She has to fight seriously to secure a contract job for him.d woman don't know how to drive when she bot d first car.she learn with d 2nd.I learnt a lot from her.
it only requires an understandin man and woman.period.

11 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by biolabee(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tgirl4real: It takes wisdom and understanding for the 2 to live in peace and harmony. If the man isn't a lazy bum, the wife should remain submissive. She shouldn't let the present situation of things get to her head. And she should continue to encourage her hubby in ways they can increase their finances.

Also, she should not constantly remind the man that she is the one footing most of the bills. He knows this already.

Family and friends should not know how you run your home.

The hubby on the other hand also need to be loving and appreciative of his wife's effort. He shouldn't let the present situation frustrate him into seeing his wife as a threat. Cos when the wife spends more, the man usually feels threatened.

He should also intensify effort into getting something more productive to do. He shouldn't relax, allowing his wife carry all their financial burden.

He should also try to support no matter how little. With this, the wife will know it's the situation and not that he wants to be a pest.

wise post..

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
cool
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by effisyman: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Unless d wife is not a responsible one,normal family life continues.
I know of a lady in shell,PH.d hubby was somewhere in anambra working too.hubby has to stop cos her own was juicier than his.they tot that he can easily get work in PH with her connection.one month,one year,two yrs.in b/w a car,two cars and a plot of land.we knew cos we were close to them.this man is such a very neat man so he is always cooking,arrangin d house and washing.one day we saw d man dryin some private stuff.we joked with it and d lady told d hubby"shebi I told u to stop all these,u r really embarasin me and pple will think I send u work"
She has to fight seriously to secure a contract job for him.d woman don't know how to drive when she bot d first car.she learn with d 2nd.I learnt a lot from her.
it only requires an understandin man and woman.period.

my dear, this is a bit dificult oooo.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee:

wise post..

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
effisyman:

my dear, this is a bit dificult oooo.

I gat u its not easy at all.how ever they managed it,I duf my kap 4 them.they try o.and d lady is igbo
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by MMotimo: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
It is assertions like these that cause avoidable cracks. It should be about household income not Bobo or Sisi's income and responsibilities or lack thereof
As for the whole thing about exercising powers

effisyman: Husbands generally are expected to be responsible for the family upkeep, feeding,school fees, clothing and Rents to mention a few.

But, in a situation where the wife shoulder most of this responsibilities if not all, Maybe due to the fact that she earns more or her business brings more profit.

Men generally may not be comfortable with these,as exerting your powers as the man of the house may be jeopardise, and the woman may also be full of ego and pride.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
As long as the man is not sitting at home playing video games and lazying around there should be no problem

Definitely Okonjo probably makes more than her husband

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
There should be n such thing as mine and yours in Marriage. It is about the household.
I once heard a young lady say how will she share bank account with her husband on her own money again.

This is one of the ways you know a person is not ready for marriage. Strictly Bf/GF tinz with that one.

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by MMotimo: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
2buff: There should be n such thing as mine and yours in Marriage. It is about the household.
I once heard a young lady say how will she share bank account with her husband on her own money again.

This is one of the ways you know a person is not ready for marriage. Strictly Bf/GF tinz with that one.

Very simple! That is how I see it but apparently, that view is not widely held amongst Naijas
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by ponco: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2013
effisyman: Husbands generally are expected to be responsible for the family upkeep, feeding,school fees, clothing and Rents to mention a few.

A lot of you need to get rid of this stupid mentality that your environment or run down culture has forced on you unless you want to be a vision killer and woman destroyer. nowadays, there is no job that a man does, that a woman doesn't and there is no guarantee of being richer than your wife, even if your wife earns nothing, if you are an asshole, it still won't change.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
okaylife goes on, if the lady loves her spouse, it wont make much difference as if he were working. But to be sincere, only few ladies have the character of still remaining humble if this kind of incidence happens. The wife must have at the back of her skull that things wont remain like this forever. So she better behave and have the consciousness that tables can turn.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by tellwisdom: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
Wife contributes more without an insult ??...for Nigeria or for where??

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by yuzedo: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
if a wife earn more dan her horseband she cheatin!!!! angry truss me. undecided
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by souleymon(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
yuzedo: if a wife earn more dan her horseband she cheatin!!!! angry truss me. undecided

Thats an OLODO shocked :othinking

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
This is definitely not an ideal situation. Any man that finds himself in this scenario needs to be thick-skinned because the woman will make life unbearable for him. She won't respect him as a man regardless of the feelings and how emotionally attached she's to the man.

I don't wish this on my worst enemy, to be honest. Give woman power and she'll abuse it.

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by effisyman: 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
idnoble135: okaylife goes on, if the lady loves her spouse, it wont make much difference as if he were working. [color=#000099]But to be sincere,only few ladies have the character of still remaining humble if this kind of incidence happens.The wife must have at the back of her skull that things wont remain like this forever. So she better behave and have the consciousness that tables can turn.

This is exactly my fear.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Policewoman(f): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
My mum earned higher than my Dad, but the way they kept about it, no outsider will even know. It doesn't matter who earns more than the other as the money made is for the upkeep of the family.I DON'T REALLY SEE THIS AS A BIG DEAL. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Olaone1: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
shymexx: This is definitely not an ideal situation. Any man that finds himself in this scenario needs to be thick-skinned because the woman will make life unbearable for him. She won't respect him as a man regardless of the feelings and how emotional attached she's to the man.

I don't wish this on my worst enemy, to be honest. Give woman power and she'll abuse it.
FACT!

In this situation, you'd discover that women are not really submissive. Not gonna wish this on ma enemy
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by jmoore(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. If she earns more, that's a favour to the family smiley
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by theripper3: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmm, woman words dey pierce pass arrow o especially the combative ones, if she constantly reminds the husband that she practically takes care of the family, the man ego fit make am commit suicide sef. No man takes delight in hearing such. Only a virtuous wife would still be submissive in this case but in reality such ladies are a needle in haystack.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Olaone1: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
jmoore: "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. If she earns more, that's a favour to the family smiley
Okay. I wish you well cool
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Olaone1: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
the_ripper3: Hmmm, woman words dey pierce pass arrow o especially the combative ones, if she constantly reminds the husband that she practically takes care of the family, the man ego fit make am commit suicide sef. No man takes delight in hearing such. Only a virtuous wife would still be submissive in this case but in reality such ladies are a needle in haystack.
Such ladies don't exist. Quote me.

You'll never be in control of the family.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by kreamidiva(f): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ok.my father in-law suddenly resigns from his job without telling anyone.my mother in-law a nurse, carries d entire family on her shoulders,training all 5 kids in school,clothing and feeding dem n father in-law,instead if being grateful is busy carrying women up and down,and even throwing it in mother in-law's face.it takes patience,understanding,perseverance,humility and above all love to handle this kinda situation.
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ola one:
FACT!

In this situation, you'd discover that women are not really submissive. Not gonna wish this on ma enemy

Spot on, sir.

Also, the woman will always make sure she reminds the man who the real breadwinner in the family is. grin

1 Like

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by theripper3: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ola one:
Such ladies don't exist. Quote me.

You'll never be in control of the family.

Some women are just too "Godly" or submissive to a fault, say women like our mother's era but this present crop of Blackberry babes and Brazilian hair go use mouth finish the man sef, the house go b like ghost town to am sef.

U no dey hear words like " u no see the new car tade buy for him wife" ?
How many hours u wan sleep in a day sef?
Ogechi go spend summer for "rondon" o, na him husband sponsor the whole trip.
I dey suffer too much for dis house sef, na 2 pple work I carry for head, na me first marry?

Hahahahahahaahhha

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
badoist: I know of a family lyk dat nd dey cope very well, d responsibility of d woman should not change, she should still L♥√ع him, respect him, not bossy, humble nd treat him well, see it as no biggo, mayb dat d way its meant 2b 4 sum. Don't turn im to a messanger, no abusive words, nd most importantly defend im amidst frends, nd encourage im 2.
you get sense wella
Re: When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
kreami diva: Ok.my father in-law suddenly resigns from his job without telling anyone.my mother in-law a nurse carries d entire family on her shoulders n father in-law,instead if being grateful is busy carrying women up and down,and even throwing it in mother in-law's face.it takes patience,understanding,perseverance,humility and above all love to handle this kinda situation.

Spot on @ the bolded.

But I'd rather just elope and go sort myself out; then let any woman do my duties in the family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. / Marriage Things: I Am So Confused, Please Advice / Which Year Took The Most Important People In Your Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.