Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum (5750 Views)

14 Reasons To Include Cashew Nuts In Your Diet / The Menace Of Sepe, Agbo-Jedi: Pile Herbal-Medicine / Herbal Medicine(alternative Medicine) Versus Orthodox Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by AZeD1(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2013
Technically almost all drugs are gotten from herbs.
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 15, 2013
Like someone has rightly said, a new department should be created for that. Like seriously, herbal?! When peeps are having sleepless nights over gross anatomy (knowing all those nerves, muscles, arteries, diagrams etc), you are coming to make matters worse?? No way! I say No to it!!
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Eefhay: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2013
Nigerian leaders and citizens can't seem to amuse me all the time. We love celebrating visionless and clueless fools that paraded themselves as elders.
Adding herbal medicine to Medical currilum to fit in as what? Help me ask the minister if we can completely remove role of herbes in detection of drugs?
What herbal drugs suffer is legal framework to ensure its scientific approval.
We already have a lot of biologist, plant scientists, pharmacists, biochemists, microbiologists that have done a lot of internationally accepted research works in almost all the shrubs in nigeria.
All these research works were just for academic consumption.
Will they Add Babalawo, Ifa priets job with already congeted Anatomy, physiology, biochem, pathology etc?
Is better for them not just to talk in public to impress their audience, but to be more realistic and have have vision for the nation to grow...
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Godson201333(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Still nice,so that those doctors can stop directing patients to consult babalawo and adifala's
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2013
Is it a babalawo or mamalawo that will teach the course?

So burantashi will become mainstream
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by AHA1(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2013
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS DECISION.
IT IS WELL PRACTICED IN CIVILISED SOCIETY (eg JAPAN )
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2013
This is injustice. If govt will allow traditional medicine for school why task force dey arrest masquerade?
masquerade and traditional medicine should move along.
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2013
yaeeeeeeee professor "Baba-Ijebu" will be a great lecturer.

1 Like

Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2013
Do you know the difference between herbalism and spiritualism?
Lanister: Soon will start seeing likes of Abija wara, Lalude, Lere paimo with customized juju cloths in Hospitals in Nigeria
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2013
The emphasis should be on the pharmaceutical departments by introduction of modules in herbal pharmacology. With the breakthrough in Genomic science, we can run a high throughput genome analysis on our herbs to discover the DNA/RNA/PROTEINS in these herbs which are responding for the cure of the diseases they had been able to cure over centuries. Extractions of these DNA for use in the pharmaceutical industry would be a great breakthrough
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
Gboliwe: About time.
many years ago, I took herbs whch was a combination of dogon yaro, pawpaw, orange and mango leaves all boiled for the treatment of malaria. It took me several years after to fall ill again from malaria. Today, Artesunate every 3mths is in my budget.

Change to Arthemeter-Lumefanthrine
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by mrvictor: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Good development. Long overdue...
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by aieromon(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Herbal medicine has always been in the Pharmacy curriculum. We should look up to China where over 70% of their pharmacists practice traditional medicine.
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by nekaa(f): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
Witchcraft go soon enter science curriculum b that..
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by grailife(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
Nice one, thats what am using believe me i cannot remember the last time i felt sick, check the link on my signature for herbs that i use if your on facebook
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Great move!

In CHina and India, they have University degrees for traditional medicine. cool

and I think there are similar plans in Zimbabwe and SA.
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
Gboliwe: My grandmother who did it isnt around anymore
must she live till eternity? And who knows what killed her? Maybe it was something that couldn't be treated with herbs.
Plus, at what age did she kick the goddamn bucket?
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by KaceeDcontrol(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
Caution is very necessary here. I've heard people here say that there are no downsides to herbal treatments, thats so untrue.
More than 80% of kindey problem cases are attributed to prolonged use of herbs
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Garrithe1st: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
Gboliwe: My grandmother who did it isnt around anymore

Lazy Hippo!!!

Why didn't you learn the preparation from your Grandma??

Mgbeke like you.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Gboliwe: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Lazy Hippo!!!

Why didn't you learn the preparation from your Grandma??

Mgbeke like you.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
our yansh! How are you? kiss
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Garrithe1st: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Gboliwe:

Dearie while I was away I heard you were referring to everybody as Mr. Garri, now I'm here you're referring to me as "Our Yansh".

...Anyway, long time. How have you been? I hope nobody tried to bully you while I was away.

cool cool
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Gboliwe: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Dearie while I was away I heard you were referring to everybody as Mr. Garri, now I'm here you're referring to me as "Our Yansh".

...Anyway, long time. How have you been? I hope nobody tried to bully you while I was away.

cool cool
nobody dares. At the mention of your name, every finger behaves. cool
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Although this would make medical training tedious,it is a good development. In pharmacology class introductory lectures in herbal drugs would be ok. Then few lectures in medicine class in 400l. This basic knowledge would help doctors to be trado-medical doctors.
Re: FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum by OurYansh: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:

I'm fine my love... kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board / 6 Million Die From Smoking Globally Every Year Says WHO / Weight Loss 4 Fools Work Based On The Plan That Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.