Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,887 members, 7,806,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

How To Partition The Computer System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Partition The Computer System (1274 Views)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / Buy A Complete Computer System At Wholesales Price / How To Partition A Laptop Pre-installed With XP To Install Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Partition The Computer System by oshorlabyC(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2013
I want to partition my computer without me formatting the system.Please computer gurus in the house,help me out
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by paulabdeel(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
1. Go to START and type DISK PARTITIONING click on the menu that shows up.
2. After residing the disk, leave it as a simple volume and install your Linux in it .
3. Make sure you allocate about 40Gb.
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by brightk(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
o.s horlabyC:
I want to partition my computer without me formatting the system.Please computer gurus in the house,help me out

what os are u using

1 Like

Re: How To Partition The Computer System by oshorlabyC(m): 8:16am On Jun 16, 2013
paulabdeel: 1. Go to START and type DISK PARTITIONING click on the menu that shows up.
2. After residing the disk, leave it as a simple volume and install your Linux in it .
3. Make sure you allocate about 40Gb.
"Install Linus in it" aw do I go about dat pls
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by oshorlabyC(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2013
brightk:

what os are u using
Windows 7 ultimate
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by paulabdeel(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
1.set your BIOS to boot from dvd.
2 Insert your Linux disk in the drive and restart.
3. Your system will boot from the disk.
4 Follow the onscreen instructions.
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by brightk(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
o.s horlabyC:

Windows 7 ultimate

ok.. press windows button+ R = run
type compmgmt.msc and click ok.. a new window opens
select disk management on the left. depending on
1. if u have formatted ur system. u should see 1 or two partitions
2. if u havent formatted ur sytem u shud si 2 to three partitions == c drive(system, boot, active page file, primary) d(recovery) e(tools(hp laptops))

any of the above.. u would try and identify your c drive(system, boot, active page file, primary) .right click and click on shrink volume.. select the size and click on shrink..
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by oshorlabyC(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
brightk:

2. if u havent formatted ur sytem u shud si 2 to three partitions == c drive(system, boot, active page file, primary) d(recovery) e(tools(hp laptops))

any of the above.. u would try and identify your c drive(system, boot, active page file, primary) .right click and click on shrink volume.. select the size and click on shrink..
Thanks so much
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by ibnuusamah: 6:34am On Jun 24, 2013
brightk:

What about in a case whereby the C partition has been formatted from within the system with mini partion tool, now the sys can not load windows, when i slot in windows 7 cd to instal it et stucked at the point of installing to partion C which is somehow not recognised. Now am unable to create any partition since the sys is not coming on.
What solution would you suggest tothis kind ofroblem? Aside using cd how can i also make my flash drive bootable yo directly install os from it.
Thanks in advance
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by brightk(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
ibnuusamah:

What about in a case whereby the C partition has been formatted from within the system with mini partion tool, now the sys can not load windows, when i slot in windows 7 cd to instal it et stucked at the point of installing to partion C which is somehow not recognised. Now am unable to create any partition since the sys is not coming on.
What solution would you suggest tothis kind ofroblem? Aside using cd how can i also make my flash drive bootable yo directly install os from it.
Thanks in advance

i would like to know how u formatted d c drive.. u cant format a working drive (windows) y its on...can u give me a screen shot...i dont use flash 2 format although i have seen it working.. i have another method.. but just post a screen shot of d hard drive state..mayb i am not getting u clearly..or u can pm me mayb we could talk on fone....
Re: How To Partition The Computer System by tvreporter: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Computer System is an electronic device that capable of accepting date as input, process the date, store the result and release it in manner that is required. www.techcules.com/defination-of-a-computer-system/

(1) (Reply)

Free N500 Voucher @martng.com.ng / Beware Of Fraudulent Laptop Dealers / Cool-leaf-touch-screen Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.