Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies (21157 Views)

Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by worry359(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2014
abivic: I have a mature friend of 30+ years of age who has never been to university before but has been searching for an affordable oversea admission for quite sometimes now. He has only his WAEC result. What is the possibility of him getting admission abroad without his age being a barrier? If possible, what are the requirements? Anyone with similar experience? No abusive or provocative post please. Thanks.

Sorry
But as 30 yr old with only WAEC you face an up hill struggle to gain admission.
Even if admission is given there is likely to be extra tuition to be done and paid for, incresing costs and time.

At 30 yrs do you not think it would be better to invest in buisness rather than going back into education?
Even if you get degree it does not automaticaly lead to better job!
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by honourableseyi: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2014
worry359:

Sorry
Even if admission is given there is likely to be extra tuition to be done and paid for, incresing costs and time.

At 30 yrs do you not think it would be better to invest in buisness rather than going back into education?

When has age become a barrier in seeking education and knowledge? If education is costly, try ignorance. No place in the world where you will be denied opportunity to educate yourself because of age barrier as far as he or she is a genuine student. Don't be discouraged, you can make it if you want to. So far you have the requiremments and what it takes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by worry359(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2014
honourableseyi:
No place in the world where you will be denied opportunity to educate yourself because of age barrier

Sorry you are wrong
There are many places that are suspicious of taking older Nigerian students.
The older people have a poor reputation for getting school visa and then dissapearing to work.

Also AS I SAID with such a long gap in education there will probably be extra courses to take and pay for.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by honourableseyi: 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
worry359:

Sorry you are wrong
There are many places that are suspicious of taking older Nigerian students.
The older people have a poor reputation for getting school visa and then dissapearing to work.

Also AS I SAID with such a long gap in education there will probably be extra courses to take and pay for.

No school can deny you admission on the basis of this. Though it could be a red flag at the embassy; but if you have the financial capacity involved and you can proof that during the interview, then I don't see any reason why he can't scale the hurdle . Unless if he is not sound or at normal level academically. Those people (vo) are human too.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
Abusive or provocative post? Brother are u sure u know what(info) u want. If u need something will u be after provocative posts?.. Big up bro.. Let go of anger and focus on what u want.
abivic: I have a mature friend of 30+ years of age who has never been to university before but has been searching for an affordable oversea admission for quite sometimes now. He has only his WAEC result. What is the possibility of him getting admission abroad without his age being a barrier? If possible, what are the requirements? Anyone with similar experience? No abusive or provocative post please. Thanks.
30+ yes..... He will be taken in as a mature student depending on what program he is going in for! Since he has a waec I presume he will be going in for an undergaduate degree(level cool in ireland. Most schools allows that. But enuf reason must be stated (outlined) why the gap. I'd est what ur friend was doing since all dis yle.. If job(work) let him state it .if into fulltme ministry(church) let him state it. Age is no barrier bro
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Stop discouraging people.. Give d lil positive encouraging advice u hv
worry359:

Sorry

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
As for the requirements let him (ur frend) get a school look for a course he wants see their requirements online. If he meet dem. No one on earth can stop himn but the basic ones I know * Waec which he has * english test *intl passport* fees* then other important doc4, when u get a school and get in touch with the person in charge of intl relation admission u will be free to ask any question u want. Tanks and I wish u frend d best. Fews schools and programs in ireland have winter resumption
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by emmanuelreal: 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pls enlightened me more on this dublin stuff. I want to know d college of health science that are affordable. Pls give d total estimation I can spend to get to dublin. Pls ur reply will be highly appreciate.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
emmanuelreal: Pls enlightened me more on this dublin stuff. I want to know d college of health science that are affordable. Pls give d total estimation I can spend to get to dublin. Pls ur reply will be highly appreciate.
is it pg or ug u wanna go in for? well all d same i would recommend ucd (university college dublin) www.ucd.ie/chs/ or trinity college www.healthsciences.tcd.ie/ go tru dier website look for what u want.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
emmanuelreal: Pls enlightened me more on this dublin stuff. I want to know d college of health science that are affordable. Pls give d total estimation I can spend to get to dublin. Pls ur reply will be highly appreciate.
i dont understand what u mean by total estimation u can spend to get to dublin: well if its the air ticket, go look for a genuine ticketing(travel) agent over there in Nigeria, or u can use www.jetradar.com but first things first u need to get an admission first, pay ur fees, get all ur docs and apply for ur visa, wen out b4 u think of dat...... all the best bro
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by emmanuelreal: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Thanks for ur reply. God will continue to bless u. I want to apply for pg in one of health science nd I have Btech Biochemistry. Pls kindly advice me on d one that can give me d opportunity to get job after my schooling. I also want to know if NECO is accepted.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
All accredited schools in ireland gives u the opportunity of getting a good job after graduating. it all depends on ur performance. id est wen you come out well and also ur star too(i know ur star will shine in Jesus name) Just believe, carry on and God will see u through. its all about completing ur program(u be on the third level graduate scheme) then by this getting ur green card or work permit...
emmanuelreal: Thanks for ur reply. God will continue to bless u. I want to apply for pg in one of health science nd I have Btech Biochemistry. Pls kindly advice me on d one that can give me d opportunity to get job after my schooling. I also want to know if NECO is accepted.
neco is over accepted. Choose a good school, Get ur desired course, and follow up with the requirement.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by mikelgozzy(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Pls guys can sm1 who v de experience tell me de necessary requirements sm1 need to gain admission into any university in ireland...............I mean de exams and financial aspects involved.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
admission into what?
mikelgozzy: Pls guys can sm1 who v de experience tell me de necessary requirements sm1 need to gain admission into any university in ireland...............I mean de exams and financial aspects involved.
any university? .............. bro are u sure u know what u want. pls be specific and determined. an accredited school is what we need to work with here

below is the list of Higher Education Institutions in ireland

Universities

Dublin City University
www.dcu.ie

National University of Ireland, Galway
www.nuig.ie

National University of Ireland, Maynooth
www.nuim.ie

Trinity College Dublin
www.tcd.ie

University College Cork
www.ucc.ie

University College Dublin
www.ucd.ie

University of Limerick
www.ul.ie

Institutes of Technology

Athlone Institute of Technology
www.ait.ie

Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown
www.itb.ie

Dublin Institute of Technology
www.dit.ie

Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
www.iadt.ie

Institute of Technology, Carlow
www.itcarlow.ie

Cork Institute of Technology
www.cit.ie

Dundalk Institute of Technology
www.dkit.ie

Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
www.gmit.ie

Letterkenny Institute of Technology
www.lyit.ie

Limerick Institute of Technology
www.lit.ie

Institute of Technology, Sligo
www.itsligo.ie

Institute of Technology, Tallaght
www.ittallaght.ie

Institute of Technology, Tralee
www.itt.ie

Waterford Institute of Technology
www.wit.ie

Teacher Education Colleges

Coláiste Mhuire, Marino, Dublin
www.mie.ie

Church of Ireland College of Education, Rathmines, Dublin
www.cice.ie

Froebel College of Education, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
www.froebel.ie

St. Angela's College, Lough Gill, Sligo
www.stangelas.com

Mater Dei Institute of Education, Clonliffe Road, Dublin
www.materdei.ie

Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
www.mic.ul.ie

St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin
www.spd.dcu.ie

Other Colleges

Tourism College, Killybegs
www.tck.ie

National College of Ireland, Dublin
www.ncirl.ie

National College of Art and Design, Dublin
www.ncad.ie

Pontifical University of Maynooth, Co. Kildare
www.maynoothcollege.ie

Tipperary Institute
www.tippinst.ie

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
www.rcsi.ie

Open University- Ireland
www.open-university.com/ireland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by gbodimowo(m): 1:59am On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=abivic]I have a mature friend of 30+ years of age who has never been to university before but has been searching for an affordable oversea admission for quite sometimes now. He has only his WAEC result. What is the possibility of him getting admission abroad without his age being a barrier? If possible, what are the requirements? Anyone with similar experience? No abusive or provocative post please. Thanks.[/sorry to derail can he try NEU near East University north Cyprus all you need is data page of passport, waec result course u want to study you can get January admissions as September is gone

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Goldpeas(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nnobdy is responding to my post•why now?
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
what on ur post
Goldpeas: Nnobdy is responding to my post•why now?
what info do u need
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
UG or PG ? well if it is PG
{ english test,
UG degree cert,
transcript,
brief curriculum vitae,
schools admission form filled and signed then u scan,
Scanned passport biodata page
affixed passport photograph to ur admission form
then most impt ur school fees
mikelgozzy: Pls guys can sm1 who v de experience tell me de necessary requirements sm1 need to gain admission into any university in ireland...............I mean de exams and financial aspects involved.
but waht i will advice u is to get a location in ireland, look for a skool der, check if they offer ur desired course then see the requirements> if u meet them fire down. but u cant meet fall admission again. its late. winter 2015 will be available
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Goldpeas(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Goldpeas: As long as I can apply to further ma studies with my HND certificate... Who cares what country it is... Abeg where is the BBM Pin? Peace#
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by peteredo: 3:50am On Sep 16, 2014
plz i wud like luv to no the requirement to study computer engineering
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2014
From the list of recognised skools I posted above. Choose the school u would prefer.
peteredo: plz i wud like luv to no the requirement to study computer engineering
becos difft skools hv dier requirement (standards).... But I will advice u choose a govt owned public skool. TCD, UCD, DCU, DIT, ITB, iniv of limerick, Cork IT, ITSligo just do the normal research u will gey wat u want IJN
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2014
See. This link below. Comp Eng in Trinity college https://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/course.php?id=DUBSC-CMPE-1ENG
peteredo: plz i wud like luv to no the requirement to study computer engineering
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by peteredo: 8:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Plz is 2.2 accepted for masters
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Yes
peteredo: Plz is 2.2 accepted for masters
go throuh dos links I posted, u will see the requirements.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Trickstartrixy: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2014
peteredo: Plz is 2.2 accepted for masters
y r u guys too lazy to carry out a simple research. Like seriously, google is ur friend, just copy and paste dat same question into google search bar and u will get all d answers u r looking for. Its not hard

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Amosiye: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
bros i tire oh.
Trickstartrixy: y r u guys too lazy to carry out a simple research. Like seriously, google is ur friend, just copy and paste dat same question into google search bar and u will get all d answers u r looking for. Its not hard
well maybe some times google dont always give some users correct ans especially wen u don't know how to utilize d search engine well. " date , time, location , keywords, file format, etc re some criteria s in using a search engine.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by drnairalov: 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
dnt come here if u dnt hav moni..my brother and sisters ireland is expensive..more more expensive than d U.K. . accomodation is a fortune also...so unless u ve got urself boxed up..u can come ok.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by eymmy: 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
I just got admission into dit,please i need help,on how much accomodation is over dere.i will also like to knw if i can get a part time job..thanks
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by wkkwl: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
bump
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by Ovywils: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
I have admission for postgraduate study in Australia(can't afford the fees) and Ireland (National College of Ireland- MSc Fintech and DBS- MSc Int'l Accounting & Finance) for January start. 
I would want to know how cool Ireland is for study and work (I intend to stay back), the prospects of getting a job, if their certificates (awarded by QQI) are accepted in Australia(i intend to move after a while) and childcare.
P.s i will be going with my 1 and a half year old son.
Before you guys suggest research and writing to the schools- I have done all that. I just want other peoples experiences and opinions. 
Thanks
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by stephiziwizzy: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello, pls what affordable uni in Dublin would you recommend for a nursing degree holder who intends to work and study a post graduate short course , also can my salary from working Foot my bills and sustain me?
Thanks.
Re: Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies by LessNoise: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello so I graduated with a 3rd class degree Hons....what are my chances of getting into a college in Dublin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / The Poor State Of Moro Bridge In Kwara State (Video) / Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.