Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? (2608 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Who do you consider true religion between JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AND MORMONS?

but claim Jesus appeared to them and tell them all other religions are false and only their on teaches the truth. so who will you believe?
let us look at some similarities

1. They both preach door to door worldwide and think they are preaching the "true" gospel.

2. They both deny the existence of hell.

3. They both preach a different Jesus from historic Christianity, with the JWs teaching Jesus is Michael the Archangel or a little "a" god, and the Mormons teaching that he is the brother of Lucifer and just one of many gods.

4. They both deny the Trinity.

5. They both use extra biblical writings, the JWs following the Watchtower and the Mormons following the book of Mormon.

6. They both teach that their members need to be in their organization in order to be saved and that only their organization is teaching the "truth".

Borrowed symbols and terminology from the Freemasons, such as the all Seeing Eye and the pyramid.

After Joseph Smith died the church split over who should be the successor. The Watchtower Society split several times with there now being numerous religions that stem from Russell, such as Russellites, Bible Students and Jehovah’s Witnesses

Both believe or used to believe that God is on a planet (Russell and Rutherford both taught we would be resurrected to the Pleiades Constellation) and Mormons believed that God lives on a planet near the star Kolob
Salvation is the result of works as well as faith

The cross is not a valid Christian symbol claiming that it is a late invention of corrupt Christianity

which one is the truth? is it MORMONS? OR IS IT JWs OR they are both FAKE?
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by k2039: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
NONE
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Sammy1262(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itsfact, my brother i think we have to be careful these day.well i know 1 or 2 thing about jehovah witness' but mormon's i don't know them. But what we need is to know the truth and that shall set us free in other words the doctrine/teaching of christ. Cos' i don't belive anything, except true teaching of the bible. [not of that churches you mentioned].....

1 Like

Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mormons. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Sammy1262(m): 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper pls who are Mormons?
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
since they both say jesus appear to them who should we trust? or the jesus them see the give them olivatwist?
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sammy1262: SniperInADiaper pls who are Mormons?

I am Mormon grin
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I am Mormon grin
hahaha
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itsfacts:
hahaha

Serious angry
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Serious angry

ok i have never met one in nigeria by the way where are you from
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itsfacts:

ok i have never met one in nigeria by the way where are you from

Too bad. I know a few Mormons in Nigeria.. I am US based.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by UyiIredia(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I am Mormon grin

Unfortunately, most of what I know about Mormons comes from atheists and it's not good. I want to hear from a practising Mormon. Care to share its core tenets.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Unfortunately, most of what I know about Mormons comes from atheists and it's not good. I want to hear from a practising Mormon. Care to share its core tenets.

And that is exactly the problem... People are given misinformation. cool
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

another reason mormons may be better that jw. jw will kill you for this but she us calm and taking it like a grain of salt
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itsfacts:

another reason mormons may be better that jw. jw will kill you for this but she us calm and taking it like a grain of salt

Of course.. Why should I be angry that you dont believe the same as me.. I might not agree with your beliefs but Im grown enough to respect them and not think you are a crazy person for believing different.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Of course.. Why should I be angry that you dont believe the same as me.. I might not agree with your beliefs but Im grown enough to respect them and not think you are a crazy person for believing different.

this is how religion should be cheesy
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
Itsfacts:

this is how religion should be cheesy

So, when can I come to your house and teach you about the Book of Mormon grin
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

So, when can I come to your house and teach you about the Book of Mormon grin
i am learning
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by UyiIredia(m): 5:02am On Jun 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I think I'll Google 'Mormon'.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I think I'll Google 'Mormon'.

All bad decisions begin with Google wink

If you want to know the truth about Mormons and the LDS church then you should go to a church approved website.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 17, 2013
I don't believe in JW,
I don't in mormon,
I don't believe in catholic,
I don't believe in Anglican,
I don't believe in my Pentecostal,
I don't believe in pastors.
I believe in d holy bible,
I believe in Heaven,
I believe in Jesus,
I believe in God

1 Like

Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 5:50am On Jun 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

If you want to know the truth about Mormons and the LDS church then you should go to a church approved website.

The website won't talk about them in a informative way. They will hide all the propaganda etc
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2013
ighoosagie: I don't believe in JW,
I don't in mormon,
I don't believe in catholic,
I don't believe in Anglican,
I don't believe in my Pentecostal,
I don't believe in pastors.
I believe in d holy bible,
I believe in Heaven,
I believe in Jesus,
I believe in God

Good guyman if you are JW any lie they tell you you must believe else they will shun you your wife will divorce you family will stop talking to you
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by UyiIredia(m): 6:02am On Jun 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

First I type Mormon, then I locate the official website and we're good to go.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by iamSi(m): 6:13am On Jun 17, 2013
Na wa OOooo _ Its a pity _ NONE of these are Untrue About Jehovah's Witnesses_ well _ nobody has to fight it now_ All you need to do is Read your Bible from Cover to Cover_it only takes a Year or less to do that_ then you can come back to this page one more time and add some more_ *SMH*
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by docadams: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
JW will hardly respond to this post.
@OP. I think you need to do proper research to determine the veracity of claims 2, 3, 5, and your submission after 6. And a proper research implies getting very close to and living with them long enough to be able present an informed opinion that can withstand thorough scrutiny.
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Itsfacts: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
docadams: JW will hardly respond to this post.
@OP. I think you need to do proper research to determine the veracity of claims 2, 3, 5, and your submission after 6. And a proper research implies getting very close to and living with them long enough to be able present an informed opinion that can withstand thorough scrutiny.

all the claims are accurate. they have been told to research other church or religion and badmouth them but they said they should not research their own church. they have been told not to come to sites like this
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by iamSi(m): 1:21am On Jun 18, 2013
Lol_
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 18, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I am Mormon grin

I hope you are not a black mormon.

A black mormon is a fool and a slave.

1 Like

Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

I hope you are not a black mormon.

A black mormon is a fool and a slave.

Is it better if Im albino?
Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 18, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Is it better if Im albino?

nope.

Still a fool

1 Like

Re: Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

nope.

Still a fool

Ok, just checking.. I agree some of the early beliefs were dumb, but we are past that now kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I A Deist? / Nigerian Gospel Artists / You Are Not Raptured Into Heaven. You Will Be Raptured To Go Fight A War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.