Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice (738 Views)

GODWIN; Gospel Or Secular??? / Is The Second Coming Of Jusus Christ Real Or Mere Imagination? / Are Nigerians Truly Religious Or Mere Pretenders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by In4matic: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
Paul: The Hypocritical Pharisee 0
June 16, 2013 | 1:46 am
Article of Faith
By Femi Aribisala

No Christian genuinely seeking the righteousness of God should imitate a man like Paul.

Jesus warns his disciples: “Beware of these Pharisees and the way they pretend to be good when they aren’t. But such hypocrisy cannot be hidden forever.” (Luke 12:1). This warning certainly applies to Paul. Paul declares: “I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee.”(Acts 23:6). Moreover, his hypocrisy, hidden in his days, is now evident to all in the bible.

Paul is double-tongued in his epistles. He says one thing hereand another thing there. He does the exact opposite of the righteousness he proclaims. The discrepancies between his words and his actions belie his highfalutin pretensions to lofty Christian morality and values.

Double-standards

Paul warns the Galatians: “If you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.” (Galatians 5:2). And yet, Paul himself personally circumcised Timothy. Luke reports that: “Paul wanted to take him alongon the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.” (Acts 16:3).

Paul counsels the Romans: “Do not be wise in your own opinion.” (Romans 12:16). Thenhe says opinionatedly to the Galatians: “I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine.” (Galatians 5:10). He declares in Galatia: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28).Then he contradicts himself in Corinth by proclaiming discrimination between men and women: “Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak.” (1 Corinthians 14:34).

Paul asked: “When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to lawbefore the unrighteous instead of the saints?” (1 Corinthians 6:1). But then, confronted by Christian antagonists, Paul chose to go to law before “the unrighteous:” “If there is nothing in their charges againstme, no one can give me up to them. I appeal to Caesar.” (Acts 25:11). He says: “no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed.” (1 Corinthians 12:3). Then he himself declares that Jesus was accursed: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.” (Galatians 3:13).

Paul writes to the Romans: “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.” (Romans 12:14). But he then goes on to curse his opponents,even including angels from heaven: “If we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1:cool. When the high priest ordered someone to slap him, Paul replied angrily with a curse: “God shall slap you, you whitewashed pigpen.” (Acts 23:2-3).

Paul insists Christians should not boast: “What, then, can we boast about? Nothing!” (Romans 3:27). “What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you didnot?” (1 Corinthians 4:7). But he then boasts repeatedly; claiming he prays more, laboursmore, and suffers more than everybody else. (2 Corinthians 11:22-27). He says it is unwise to compare oneself with others.(2 Corinthians 10:12). Then he declares that he is superior to the twelve apostles: “They say they serve Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder.” (2 Corinthians 11:23). He says: “Christ is the end of the law.” (Romans 10:4). Nevertheless, he performed Nazarite sacrificesaccording to the law even after Jesus’ resurrection. (Acts 21:26).

Congenital liar

Paul says to the Colossians: “Do not lie to one another.” (Colossians 3:9). And yet, Paul himself is not committed to truth. Instead, he justifies telling lies to the Philippians: “The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached.” (Philippians 1:18)
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Femi failed big time on this ONE.

It appears he fulfilled Apostle Peter's saying which goes :

"Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:15 - 16
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by In4matic: 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by In4matic: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
But, that does not answer the questions posed. Lets not forget femi came up with undisputable facts upon facts.

And after seeking the opinions of bible scholars the conclusion reached was that Paul's writings were letters of advice concerning specific issues in particular locations. Not to be misconstrued as gospel. Do you agree sir?
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by DrummaBoy(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Aribisala has made no point here. His theses on 'Any Pastor that Collects Tithes Is A Thief and A Robber' may be excellent but the above is pure nonsense

To deny Paul is to deny that scripture is Inspired by God and that is to deny Christ, God's Word...
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^^

Very True.

I dealt with a similar topic by Femi in this article :

https://www.nairaland.com/1172179/femi-aribisala-war-against-apostle#13969146
Re: Paul's Epistles: Gospel Or Mere Letters Of Advice by DrummaBoy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
[quote
author=In4matic]But, that does not answer the questions posed. Lets not
forget femi came up with undisputable facts upon facts.

And after seeking the opinions of bible scholars the conclusion reached
was that Paul's writings were letters of advice concerning specific
issues in particular locations. Not to be misconstrued as gospel. Do you
agree sir?[/quote]

That article posed no question. It is the opinion of a demented mind. Paul's letters were not mere advice, they are ETERNAL TRUTHS!

(1) (Reply)

Rape In Church: The Devil Used Me – Bishop / Dembo Kehinde Mai Tatsine, Boko Haram And Can: The Bitter Truth “marwa Maitats / The Law Of Moses And The Law Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.