Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Latest Football Transfer News - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest Football Transfer News (49218 Views)

Poll: What should a manager be particular about in a transfer deal?

Transfer Fee: 20% (44 votes)
History: 4% (10 votes)
Form: 22% (48 votes)
Future: 19% (42 votes)
Marketability: 5% (12 votes)
Vulnerability to Injury: 9% (21 votes)
Nationality: 0% (1 vote)
Willingness to join: 8% (19 votes)
Wages: 4% (10 votes)
Maturity: 4% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Latest Football Clubs Transfer Updates Across The Globe / Get Ur Updated Football Transfer News And Rumours Here!!! / Download Latest Football Highlights Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2007
[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_2669621,00.html]Skysports.com[/url] understands that Afonso Alves is being lined up for a move to Middlesbrough to replace Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

We have also learnt that Everton have opened talks with Boro - but as yet no terms have been agreed - as Boro are looking to recoup £12million for the Nigerian.

It is believed Everton have offered £10million with an option of another £1million, but as yet Boro are not willing to accept, although it is thought a deal could be reached.

Whilst talks continue over Yakubu - Boro are pushing ahead with an interest in Alves.

The Brazilian striker has emerged as one of the most highly-rated forwards in Europe, having found some real form with Heerenveen, bagging 34 goals in 31 games.

Leading Turkish and German clubs have shown an interest, but Boro are now looking favourites.

It is understood that Yakubu is hopeful of sealing his move to Goodison Park as soon as possible and there is confidence on Merseyside that he will be paraded as their new record signing next week.

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to bring in Nicolas Anelka, but Bolton are holding out for £12million - The People

Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson is ready to bring Real Madrid's [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mar%C3%ADa_Guti%C3%A9rrez]Guti[/url] to Eastlands - Various

Wigan are to raid Sheffield United for soon to be fit-again striker Rob Hulse - The People

Derby are hoping to land Southampton midfielder John Viafara in a £2million deal - Daily Star Sunday

City and Newcastle are to fight it out for Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini, who they both want on loan - Various

Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Glenn Johnson, but have been priced out of a move for Jose Bosingwa - Daily Star Sunday and Sunday Mirror

Sunderland have put in a £10million offer for former Man City target, Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini - Sunday Mirror

Everton want Vagner Love and Matt Taylor, but the former could be heading to Spurs, according to some reports - Various

Newcastle are keen on Barcelona schemer Deco, and will offer [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emre_Bel%C3%B6zo%C4%9Flu]Emre[/url] as bait -News of the World

Middlesbrough and Bolton are weighing up moves for Celtic midfielder Thomas Gravesen - News of the World

Sunderland have made Boro a cheeky bid to bring back former crowd favourite Julio Arca - News of the World

Spurs are ready to move for talented Argentina playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme - News of the World
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2007
Gabriel Heinze's future will not be resolved until Tuesday at the earliest.

The Manchester United defender attended a Premier League arbitration hearing on Monday, which was also attended by manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill.

Heinze wants a move to Liverpool, but United have refused to allow him to join one of their main rivals.

United maintain they always said Heinze could leave for around £6.8million - but only to a club they were happy with, whilst the Argentine thinks he should be allowed to decide his own future - which would mean a move to Anfield.

A Premier League spokesman confirmed that a decision was 'likely' on Tuesday.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_2673336,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2007
Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi has admitted he dreams of bringing Barcelona star Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri.

Berlusconi has never hidden his admiration for Ronaldinho and would love to bring him to the Giuseppe Meazza.

Milan have previously insisted they would be at the front of the queue to sign Ronaldinho should Barcelona ever decide to sell him.

However, Berlusconi concedes that is unlikely to happen as Barcelona would never sell the Brazilian maestro.

"The dream, it's useless saying, is still Ronaldinho, but Barcelona president (Joan) Laporta said that should he sell him to me, not only would he not be club president anymore, but he could be exiled," Berlusconi told Gazetta dello Sport.

"In the immediate future I don't think we can sign him."

Berlusconi also refused to rule out a renewed move to sign Real Madrid midfielder Emerson.

A move for the Brazilian midfielder collapsed at the 11th hour after Real pulled the plug on the deal, but Berlusconi has hinted they could rekindle the deal.

"I only know the negotiation was set to be closed," added Berlusconi.

"We thought we had already signed Emerson, but I don't exclude the possibility to sign him in the next days.

"He's a quality player who would complete our midfield."

Emerson has pleaded with Milan to make a new move for him as he is not happy at El Santiago Bernabeu.

"I thought everything was sorted out, but my agent called to say there were problems," Emerson told Gazetta dello Sport.

"He told me to stay calm and be patient, so I took his word for it. As I wait, I am back training with my team-mates.

"Lets wait and see what will happen.

"I have another two years on my contract with Real, but if I have the choice then I certainly want to leave. I have spoken of Milan many times, they are my objective.

"In this moment I don't think of money, but only to feel good and find a different environment than this one.

"I look for respect, something I think I deserve for what I have done in football."

Emerson also warned Real they would have to consider the ramifications if they decide to keep him against his will.

"If Real do not lower their economic demands, they must be prepared to accept the responsibility and consequences of keeping me here," concluded Emerson.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2673051,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
Livorno have confirmed negotiations are underway with Manchester City for goalkeeper Marco Amelia.

Sven Goran Eriksson is in the market for a new keeper after losing his experienced No.1 Andreas Isaksson to injury.

In the Swede's absence, Kasper Schmeichel has kept three clean sheets for City and has earned the praise of Eriksson.

"Finding a keeper that is better than the ones I have is not easy," said Eriksson after Sunday's 1-0 win over Manchester United.

"Kasper is very good in training. He is quick and you don't find many keepers better than him on the line.

"He takes everything and he almost destroys the confidence of our strikers in shooting practice."

Lazio too late

Amelia has been mooted as a City target in recent weeks, with Eriksson hinting he could sign more players from Serie A.

Lazio have expressed an interest in Amelia, but Livorno president Aldo Spinelli confirmed City are favourites to sign the keeper.

Spinelli told the Italian media: "The negotiations with the English club are open. By the 22nd August, Eriksson's scouts will arrive.

"There is nothing defined yet, but certianly Lazio moved for Amelia too late, and he is worth more than the 7.5million euros (£5million) offered by Lazio."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2672174,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
Sevilla full-back Daniel Alves is hoping for a quick resolution to his future after admitting he dreams of playing for Real Madrid.

Alves is looking to quit the Uefa Cup holders and has already been the subject of a failed bid from Chelsea.

Reports suggest Chelsea remain favourites to sign the Brazil international, who has also been linked with Spanish champions Real.

The attack-minded defender, who played against Real in the Super Cup second leg on Sunday, admits he would be tempted by a move to the Bernabeu.

"The player who says that he does not dream of playing for Real Madrid is a liar," Alves told Marca.

Complicated

"Any footballer would like to play for this club.

"I am no different, but it is a decision that I do not have to take."

Alves also stressed his wish for his future to be sorted swiftly, with the transfer window closing next week.

He added: "It is quite a complicated situation. The sooner it is fixed the better.

"I am worried. The only thing that I want is that it is fixed already.

"I have made it clear that I want to continue growing as a footballer and, if that means leaving Sevilla, then I am sorry because it has been a very special club to me."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2672296,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 20, 2007
Middlesbrough midfielder Fabio Rochemback is open to a move to Benfica.

Benfica are keen to sign the Brazilian international and they see him as an ideal replacement for Manuel Fernandes.

Reports in Portugal claim Benfica have made their interest in Rochemback known and the player has welcomed their overtures.

Benfica are now ready to hold talks with Middlesbrough to try and thrash out a deal to bring Rochemback to the Estadio da Luz.

Flattered

Rochemback's agent and father Juarez Rochemback admitted his son was flattered by Benfica's interest.

"We are interested in this subject," Rochemback Snr told O Jogo.

"Fabio's desire is to play in Benfica and I do not believe there is any problem between Middlesbrough and Benfica for a deal.

"Now the decision is from the English.

Desire

"My son has received this offer with enthusiasm because he desires to play in a big club like Benfica.

"He has played for their rivals Sporting, but he is professional and is able to triumph in any club.

"Also it is very important that he knows coach Fernando Santos."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2672330,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2007
Portsmouth are leading the chase for Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop, [url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_2673241,00.html]skysports.com[/url] can confirm.

The Senegalese international has been told by Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez hat he can leave the club and Diop is now considering his options.

The likes of Newcastle, Sunderland and Birmingham are keen - but Pompey have made their move and are in pole position to conclude a deal.

Ready to go

"I told the new manager in the summer I wanted a new challenge and now he has said yes," said Diop.

"He said 'now this is my team so if you want to leave go ahead'.

"I have many offers and I am just waiting. I will stay in England in the Premier League. I have had a good pre-season and I'm ready. I'm just waiting.

"I don't know if it will be anyone like Arsenal or Manchester United but I have good teams in England interested and I must wait. I don't want to say who they are yet.

"But I do expect to have left Fulham by the time the transfer window closes.

"I want a fresh challenge. And now the clubs know how much money Fulham want. But I don't have any control over that. I am just focused on my job."

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2007
[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2673272,00.html]Skysports.com[/url] understands Derby are lining up a move for Manchester City's Darius Vassell.

Rams boss Billy Davies is actively scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and he has made a new striker one of his top priorities.

Davies is now believed to be considering a move for former Aston Villa ace Vassell.

Vassell's future at Manchester City has been the subject of speculation all summer with the club having rejected a bid from Besiktas last month.

City chief Sven Goran Eriksson is believed to be willing to listen to offers for the England international having brought in the likes of Rolando Bianchi and Valeri Bojinov this summer.

Davies is keen to bolster his forward line as he looks to find an experienced Premier League performer to add to his attacking options and he could offer Vassell the chance to make the move to Pride Park.

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2007
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Rom%C3%A1n_Riquelme]Juan Roman Riquelme's[/url] agent claims Tottenham Hotspur have made an offer for the Argentinian playmaker.

Villarreal are willing to sell Riquelme after the player spent the second half of last season back in Argentina with Boca Juniors.

There has been interest from several clubs across Europe, but reports suggest Spurs have lodged a 15million euros (£10million) bid.

Riquelme's representative Marcos Franchi feels Villarreal should accept the offer from Tottenham, who have already spent heavily over the summer.

The Spanish side's president Fernando Roig is considering the bid and Franchi is waiting for an official response from Riquelme's current club.

Good offer

"Despite that we haven't been told anything officially, we know that Villarreal has received a very important offer from Tottenham and that the president Fernando Roig is analysing it," Franchi told Radio La Red.

"They have to make a decision before August 31, otherwise Riquelme will stay at Villarreal as there aren't any other serious negotiations.

"If nothing new appears I think that they should accept this offer as it is good for the club and the player.

"I don't think that Riquelme would be useful for Villarreal without playing.

"It would be much more useful for them to sell him so they recover what they invested in him when they bought him."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2673635,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:14am On Aug 21, 2007
Carlo Cudicini is unhappy with Chelsea's decision not to sanction his departure, despite the fact he spent much of last season as third choice.

The capable Italian, prior to Petr Cech's arrival at Stamford Bridge, had been rated as one of the Premier League's top goalkeepers but in the past three years he has started just 15 league games.

At 34-years-old he has now concluded that he wants to quit West London in the pursuit of first-team football, but Chelsea are refusing to let him move on.

Both Manchester City and Newcastle have been linked with an approach, possibly in a loan swoop, and Cudicini's agent, Fernando Pastorello, is far from enamoured with his present employer's standpoint.

Unhappy camper

"Carlo is not happy," he told the Daily Mail.

"He had an opportunity to leave and play a bit more but Chelsea said no.

"They told him he had to stay because there was not enough time to find a new goalkeeper to replace him.

"Carlo thinks it is time for him to play a bit more. At Chelsea he expects to be the second choice but when you get the chance to play it is something you have to be interested in."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2673643,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2007
Arjen Robben's father is remaining hopeful the Chelsea winger will become a Real Madrid player before the end of the month.

Real have been keen on Robben all summer but have been so far unable to strike a deal with The Blues.

Bernd Schuster is still looking for one more addition prior to the transfer window closing, with Robben and Daniel Alves his top targets.

The new Spanish season gets underway this weekend and the Dutchman would be fit to feature straight away after recovering from injury.

Hans Robben, who also acts as the player's agent, wants his son to join the Primera Liga champions this month.

"It is possible that Arjen becomes a Real Madrid player, but the situation at the moment is that we do not know if he will remain at Chelsea or play in Madrid," he told AS.

"The period to sign him finishes in ten days and I hope that Madrid comes in to buy my son, but I cannot be sure.

"My son is ready to play right away because he is totally recovered."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_2674445,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Manchester United will move for Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins - The Sun

Sunderland are closing in on Stoke City defender Danny Higginbotham - The Sun

Middlesbrough have lined up a bid for PSV Eindhoven forward Arouna Kone - Daily Star

Derby County are to bid for David Nugent, just three games into his Portsmouth career - Daily Mirror

Birmingham are favourites to sign Monaco striker Jan Koller - Daily Mirror

West Ham are stepping up their bid for Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah - Daily Mail
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2678418,00.html]Skysports.com[/url] understands that Everton have agreed a deal with Middlesbrough for Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

The two clubs have been locked in talks for the last few weeks and have now finally agreed terms.

Portsmouth and West Ham were also interested, but the player's first option was always to seal a move to Goodison Park.

Boro had been looking for £12million the 24-year-old - but they have relented and accepted a deal worth just over £11million.

Yakubu, who trained with Middlesbrough on Wednesday, is now due on Merseyside to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

The Nigerian will become Everton's record signing and if all goes according to plan he should be available to make his Toffees debut against Blackburn on Saturday.

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2007
Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson is ready to switch his attentions from signing a new goalkeeper to a new striker.

Eriksson is keen to bolster his attacking options after losing Valeri Bojinov to a long-term injury.

Bojinov will be out of action for at least five months and probably longer after suffering cruciate knee ligament damage in last Sunday's win over Manchester United.

The injury has forced Eriksson to reconsider his transfer targets and he is now lining up a replacement for Bojinov as well as a couple of new midfielders.

Blow

"Work is going on in the office," Eriksson told the club's official website.

"We didn't want to have to do it but we have to look carefully at the situation because when you have a player who needs this kind of operation and rehabilitation, you can never be sure how long it takes to come back.

"To lose one player for such a long time is a big blow.

"But it is not only a striker, we need one or two midfielders as well to be covered properly."

Reports emanating from France suggest Eriksson is considering a shock move to bring back Nicolas Anelka to Eastlands.

Anelka, who spent three years at City before leaving for Fenerbahce in January 2005, has been linked with a move away from Bolton all summer.

Anelka's future at Bolton remains in doubt with the player admitting he could move on before the close of the transfer window later this month.

Portsmouth, West Ham and Manchester United have all been credited with an interest in Anelka, but now City could enter the chase for the French international.

Meanwhile, Eriksson has admitted he has put his move for a new goalkeeper on hold for the time being.

Eriksson is searching for a new goalkeeper after losing first-choice Andreas Isaksson to injury.

No move

City have been strongly linked with Livorno's Marco Amelia, but Eriksson insists no deal is imminent.

"I would say the goalkeeping situation is on ice at the moment," added Eriksson.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2678134,00.html]skysports.com[/url]
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Portsmouth are to hold talks with Nicolas Anelka's representatives - Daily Mail

West Ham are ready to offer Gabriel Heinze an escape route from Manchester United - The Sun

Sunderland want Danny Higginbotham from Stoke and are to offer Graham Kavanagh in exchange - Daily Mail

Billy Davies has made a £1million bid to bring Jon Stead back to Derby from Sheffield United - The Sun

According to The Guardian Bolton are leading the chase to sign Liam Rosenior, while the Daily Mail claims Aston Villa are considering a £3million offer for the Fulham defender.

Newcastle are prepared to let Obafemi Martins leave the club, but only for £13million - Daily Express

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
Lyon have confirmed they are considering moves for Manchester United duo Mikael Silvestre and Gabriel Heinze.

The French champions are desperate to fill the void left by Cris, the Brazilian centre-back who has been ruled out for six months with a knee injury.

Heinze's future remains uncertain after a Premier League tribunal ruled that he would not be allowed to move to Liverpool.

The Argentine has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford and United would not stand in the way of him moving overseas.

Lyon have been linked with Heinze and coach Alain Perrin has now admitted he would be an ideal acquisition.

"We are waiting for a response about Gabriel Heinze," said Perrin.

"He really has the profile of the player we are looking for."

Like Heinze, Silvestre is no longer a first-choice starter at United and there has been speculation about his future.

Perrin commented: "His agent has made a discreet appeal to us.

"Mikael has the advantage of being a versatile left-footer as well. We must now see the conditions in which he could come."

Real link

Lyon could face competition for Heinze's signature, with reports in Spain suggesting Real Madrid are interested in the left-back.

Bernd Schuster's side are understood to want Heinze on a three-year deal and are willing to pay 12million euros (£8.1million) to secure his services.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2678120,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2007
Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze.

The Spanish champions have been strongly linked with the Argentine, who had been hoping to join Liverpool, in recent weeks.

Following a Premier League panel's decision to block the player's move to Anfield, Real have now stepped in with an offer.

Real have confirmed their bid has been accepted by United and Heinze will sign a four-year contract at the Bernabeu.

Heinze is expected to arrive in Madrid on Thursday to undergo a medical before being confirmed as a Real player.

Favourite

The versatile stopper joined United from Paris Saint Germain three years ago and quickly established himself as a fans' favourite.

But he was second-choice left-back behind Patrice Evra last season and had been given permission by United to leave for a suitable club over the summer.

The Red Devils were unwilling to sanction a switch to Liverpool, prompting the Premier League to look into the matter.

A panel ruled on Tuesday that the champions were within their rights to refuse Liverpool's offer for Heinze, while there were claims that the player's agents wanted to engineer a move to Rafa Benitez's side via Crystal Palace.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2679144,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2007
Liverpool have announced the signings of Spanish defender Mikel San Jose and Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi.

Skysports.com revealed last week that Gulacsi had agreed to join The Reds on an initial 12-month loan, and the Anfield club have now confirmed the deal.

Gulacsi joins fellow countrymen Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon in linking up with Liverpool this summer.

Centre-back San Jose joins Liverpool from Athletic Bilbao on a three-year deal, a move which was first reported by skysports.com in June.

The young stopper is understood to have cost The Reds 400,000 euros (£270,000), and has signed a three-year contract.

Both Gulasci and San Jose will be a part of Liverpool's reserve-team squad this season.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_2678996,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlatan_Ibrahimovi%C4%87]Zlatan Ibrahimovic[/url] has moved to distance himself from reports that have linked him with a switch to both Chelsea and Real Madrid.

The talented Sweden international enjoyed a successful campaign in Italy with Internazionale last season, as his side won the Scudetto.

Silverware has not, though, stopped speculation from claiming he could be set for a fresh sojourn in either England or Spain.

No desire

Ibrahimovic would certainly not be short of suitors should he become available for transfer but, for now at least, his heart remains in Italy.

"I haven't been interested to listen to other offers," Ibrahimovic stated.

"Inter want to extend (his contract) and we have discussed it. Last season, we won the Scudetto and it feels good.

"The family is fine and I am fine, it could not be better."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2678784,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2678724,00.html]Skysports.com[/url] understands Benfica star Nuno Gomes is a target for several English sides.

The Portuguese international has spent five years at Benfica and the player is believed to be considering a potential exit this summer.

The former Fiorentina hit-man is believed to have set his sights on a move to England as he is keen to try his luck in the Premier League.

The news has alerted a host of clubs who are now ready to offer the experienced striker a move to England before the close of the transfer window.

Manchester City, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough are believed to be keeping tabs on the skilful forward.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill is scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and is keen to add to his attacking options.

Manchester City are also in the market for a new forward after losing Valeri Bojinov for a number of months with a serious knee injury.

Middlesbrough could also make a move for Gomes as they look for a replacement for Everton-bound Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Benfica are expected to decide on the striker's future before the close of the transfer window with new boss Jose Antonio Camacho set to analyse his squad.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2678724,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2007
Cheslea winger Arjen Robben is poised to move to Real Madrid after both clubs announced they had reached agreement on the Dutch international's transfer.

The deal is now only subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

A Chelsea statement released on Wednesday said: "Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Arjen Robben subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical."

Real also confirmed the deal for Robben in a statement on their website, which read: "Real Madrid and Chelsea have reached an agreement for the transfer of Arjen Robben, who will become part of the Madrid club for the next five seasons.

"The agreement is pending the player's medical and the signing of the contracts."

At the start of the month Spanish media reported that Real had offered Chelsea around 40 million euros for Robben.

Robben, 23, has two years left on his contract with Chelsea and has been in long drawn-out negotiations with the London club over a contract extension until 2012 but has not always been in favour with the club's Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho.

Fifa.com
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2007
Chelsea appear to have switched their attentions away from Daniel Alves, as they look set to clinch a deal for his fellow countryman Juliano Belletti.

Jose Mourinho wants a new right-back and Brazilian Alves was his No.1 target, but after weeks of talks Chelsea have failed to broker a deal with Sevilla.

At one point Chelsea are believed to have offered over £20million for Alves, but Sevilla refused to accept - and now Mourinho has been forced to look elsewhere.

Options

Roma-bound Cicinho was one player under consideration, but he now looks to have decided that Belletti is the man to solve his issues on the right of his defence.

Glen Johnson was expected to push Paulo Ferreira this season, following his return from an impressive season-long stint at Portsmouth, but Mourinho remains far from convinced by either of his current options and at Liverpool on Sunday even opted to play Michael Essien at right-back.

Belletti now looks set to solve Mourinho's problems by shunning interest form Newcastle and sealing a move to Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old, who has sunk down the Barcelona pecking order over the past 12 months, is reported to be in London undergoing a medical before penning a deal with Chelsea.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2679928,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
El Hadji Diouf is planning to hold talks with Bolton over his future at the club.

The Senegal star is unsettled at The Reebok Stadium after failing to establish himself in Sammy Lee's starting line-up.

Diouf, who claims he is being chased by a host of teams, has admitted he would consider a move to a club with UEFA Champions aspirations.

Talks

The former Liverpool man is now set to sit down with Bolton bosses to thrash out his future.

"I'll go back to Bolton to speak to the chairman," Diouf told The Sun. "At the moment I'm at Bolton but tomorrow who knows?

"Before I had some problems at Liverpool but everyone in the UK now knows that El Hadji Diouf is a top player.

"I don't just want to move for moving's sake because Bolton is like my second home. I want to go to where I'll be happy."

Meanwhile, Lee has called on Bolton's fans to get behind the team after a disappointing start to the season.

Bolton have lost all three of their opening Premier League games and Lee hopes the supporters keep faith with what he is trying to do at the club.

Disappointing

"It has been a very disappointing week for the club but I would like supporters to keep faith in what we are doing," said Lee.

"It's not going to happen overnight, but it would be great if we could have some patience in what we are trying to do.

"We have been working very hard on the problems we have encountered during the defeats."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2679964,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
Tabloid Talk

West Ham are ready to lodge a bid for Bolton's unsettled El-Hadji Diouf - The Sun

Birmingham are considering a move for Atletico Madrid's Peter Luccin - The Mirror

Wigan are ready to offer Argentina defender Diego Placente - Various

Chelsea are closing in on Barcelona defender Juliano Belletti - The Sun

Aston Villa are lining up a move for German defender Per Mertesacker - The Daily Mail

According to The Daily Mail Manchester United are preparing a bid for Dimitar Berbatov, while the Daily Star claims Real Madrid are considering a move for the Tottenham striker

Bolton are ready to rival Aston Villa for Norway defender Brede Hangeland - Daily Mail

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
Chelsea agree fee with Barcelona to sign defender Juliano Belletti.

Skysports News
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
Dynamo Kiev want to sign Andriy Shevchenko on loan from Chelsea.

The 30-year-old striker, who started his career with the Ukrainian champions, has not played for the Blues this season because of a back injury.

Dynamo president Igor Surkis told his club's website: "I have asked Shevchenko to ask his board to let him come here on loan.

"I am ready to take Andriy. He does not have a small salary but I am ready to pay that."

Shevchenko made his name with Dynamo before joining AC Milan in 1999.

He moved to Chelsea for £30m in 2006 but scored only four goals last season.

The Italian side have also attempted to re-sign Shevchenko but their president Silvio Berlusconi claimed in July that they have been priced out of any deal.

Surkis says he does not want to strike a permanent deal for Shevchenko, adding: "I'm ready to pay his salary instead of the Chelsea board but I'm not ready to reimburse Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich for him."

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
Serie A newcomers Genoa have announced the signing of Alessandro Lucarelli.

The experienced defender moved from Reggina to Siena earlier this summer, but after just a few days of training his relationship with coach Andrea Mandorlini became strained.

Genoa moved quickly to open negotiations with Siena, and have now snapped him up on a three-year deal.

"I've signed a similar contract with the intention to respect it," Lucarelli told the club's official website.

"I had other offers, but Genoa have been the club who showed the most desire," he told the club official website.

Genoa open their Serie A campaign against European Champions Milan this weekend.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_2681436,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2007
Lyon have clinched the signing of Brazilian [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Cl%C3%A9ber_Beraldo]Cleber Anderson[/url] from Benfica.

The French champions have been looking for a new defender since captain Cris suffered a serious knee injury.

They struck a deal with Benfica earlier in the week and Cleber passed his medical at Stade Gerland on Thursday.

He has joined for four million euros (£2.7million) and put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal.

Fellow Brazilian Cris, who is bidding to be awarded a Portuguese passport, has been ruled out for six months.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_2681368,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Manchester City are the favourites to sign Portugal striker Nuno Gomes - Daily Mirror

Sunderland are close to signing veteran striker Andy Cole - Daily Mirror

Real Betis want West Ham United forward Bobby Zamora - Daily Mirror

Aston Villa have increased their bid for West Brom defender Curtis Davies to £8million - Daily Star

Wigan have rejected a £1.4million bid from Sheffield United for Kevin Kilbane - Daily Star

Ajax are set to sign Newcastle United flop Albert Luque - Daily Mail

Reading are keen on Fulham full-back Liam Rosenior - The Sun
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2007
Portsmouth have made a move for Brazilian midfielder Dudu Cearense, according to the player's agent.

The 24-year-old has spent the last three seasons at CSKA Moscow and has impressed at the Russian giants.

Dudu caught the eye in last season's UEFA Champions League and he has been linked with Manchester City in the past.

The Brazilian international's agent Antonio Amorim claims Valencia have also expressed an interest in the player, but that Portsmouth are the only team to lodge a bid for Dudu.

Offer

"The president of CSKA has received the document with the proposal for Cearense," Amorim told Radio Globo.

"Valencia have also been asking about the player but for the moment, the only team that has done an official proposal has been Portsmouth."

Flattered

Dudu has admitted he is flattered by the interest from Portsmouth, but that he will leave his future in the hands of CSKA.

"At this moment England has the most wealthy league in the world and I would be very happy to have the chance of playing there," said Dudu.

"For the moment I am under contract at CSKA for two more years so a transfer will only be possible if the officials of my current team agree that I can leave."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2682999,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2007
Sunderland have completed the signing of former Newcastle striker Andy Cole.

Cole has signed a one-year deal at the Stadium of Light after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

The 35-year-old arrives on a free transfer after being released by Portsmouth earlier in the summer.

Cole will be reunited with former Manchester United team-mates Roy Keane and Dwight Yorke on Wearside and he is looking forward to the challenge.

Excited

"I'm very excited to be here," Cole told the club's official website

"It is another challenge and hopefully I can use my experience to help the young players at the club. I had a few options and I just thought this is a good one.

"I want to get a good week or 10 days' training under my belt and go from there."

Cole is unlikely to feature in this weekend's game with Liverpool as he is not yet match fit.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_2683022,00.html]Skysports.com[/url]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: How Different Nigerians Reacted (Memes) / Cristiano Ronaldo And His Family Arrive In Saudi Arabia In Grand Style / Zambia Vs Nigeria: AWC (0 - 6) On 14th October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.