Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? (19585 Views)

Untold Secrets Of How Smart People Improve Their Cvs And Personalities: A Case.. / Struggling With Cover Letters? Let's Crack It Here. / Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by jamoyakz: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please kindly send a sample to my email jamobaba44@gmail.com thanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pls send me samples of both cover letter and CV. Thanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pls send me samples of both cover letter and CV. Thanks. tesiday@yahoo.co.uk
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by mcdonxy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
i need a complete copy of CV in my inbox
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
NICE WORK, CAN YOU KINDLY SEND ME A COPY OF A COVERING LETTER AND A CV TO MY EMAIL kazeemolatunji35@yahoo.com tanks alot
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Manchelsea(m): 6:05am On Jul 21, 2013
please SEND me a copy of CV and a COVER LETTER to nwinya24@gmail.com because it urgent. Thanks and GOD blees YOU
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by thegeorgy(f): 12:45am On Jul 22, 2013
Uncle shinor i need a sample too o.thank you.my mail is georgianwilliams@yahoo.com.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by martowskin1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pls send to me, sample of CV and cover letter, Thanks ....(mbahonline@yahoo.com)
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by adisaaina: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Shinor: I have sent you a few samples.
pls i need d sample of d cover letter and d cv too. Thank u
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by adisaaina: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2013
Shinor: I have sent you a few samples.
pls i need d sample of d cover letter and d cv too. Thank u adisaaina@yahoo.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by nopsman1: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Kindly send me a sample of cvs u have to ohonduchuks@yahoo.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by mamman40(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Please sir, I would appreciate receiving a copy of CV and cover letter in ma email. (mammansanni@yahoo.com). I'm a fresh graduate. Gratitude sire.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by ilomaryrose: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello,
please can you send me samples of CV and cover letter? My address is ilomaryrose@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by xwallace(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
please, help me with a sample of CV. Here is my email : xwallace4u@gmail.com , thanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Zolabanton: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2013
please send me sample .adetulalateef@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by afolabisaheedd: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
i really need a copy of the CV my email add is folab07@yahoo.co.uk
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by woletoys: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Pls can u send me a copy of a cover letter to woleakinnuga@yahoo.com, tanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Simili(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nice work sir,pls can u send me samples..at shittusimi@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Check your email inbox
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by xwallace(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2013
boss,
thank u very much 4 the cv sample

1 Like

Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by xwallace(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2013
Shinor: Check your email inbox

thank u once again
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by macgozy(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2013
Good Morning bro, please am also interested in Ur CV format. my email add is macgozy007@hotmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Lifemax: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
clily: Please can u send a copy of a cv format 4 me so I can edit mine..tnx, dis Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣ email address- sweetlili276@gmail.com
nwokomaxwell@yahoo.com.pls i need a copy of cv format
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by chiefhumanbeing(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Please sir, I just saw this thread. Can you kindly send me samples of the cv: chiefhumanbeing@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by CaptJHMiller: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Good work, may God bless you.

Please send to me as well.. But just a suggesion, don't you think it will be better to just upload them and who ever needs can just download from the first post.

Abuapply99@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hey Guys
Can we be a little responsible please?
Kindly check your email address again to make sure it is correct because I am getting returned mails.

Might be the reason prospective employers can't contact you because your details are incorrect.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by sandammy(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2013
Hello sir, pls kindly send me a copy as well. My e-mail address is: sandammy@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by umussalamah(f): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Uncle shinor, nice writeup. I also need a copy of the CV format. Here is ma email; cutesallypet@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by corridor: 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
please send a template cv:neyory@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by biobioakeyaho: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thanks Shinor. Two questions please.
What about people older than 25?
That seems to be the age for employment.
Am 57years old and have Private institution Diploma but many years of experience.
2. Can you train us in CV writing and some topics you coach in? Thank you.
Abiodun
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
@biobio. Unfortunately it is no secret that employers are quite choosy when it comes to prospective employees. Whether it's in Nigeria or the United Kingdom, more and more employers are opting for younger candidates sometimes preferring age over experience. For a lot of positions, they prefer candidates under 35. And for some others they prefer candidates under 45.
The CV format I have adopted is universal in nature.
I always advise the same layout in this order
Name, contact details - Telephone, email address etc. Then it's
1. Personal Statement ( You can look up examples via google)
2. Career Objective ( " )
3. Key Skills ( Make sure it is related to the job you are applying for)
4. Education / Training
5. Work Experience
6. Interests and hobbies.
7. Referees.
I also warn against the bio data column. Especially if you are 57 years of age, a lot of employers might discriminate against you without even giving you an opportunity at an interview.
At 57 I would want to say your CV can be up to 3 pages and should highlight skills and experience. I have said a lot on CV's on this forum. You can look at other posts on this topic. Such as Dressing for interviews, Time Management etc.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Queen1(f): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hi Mr Shinor, pls could you send me a sample CV and a cover letter? My email address is hardebeempe@gmail.com. Tanx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD “ACCA PAST EXAMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS” @ ₦0.00 / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. / Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.