Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,875 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:41 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 (3918 Views)

Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging / The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013

Blogging! A nice profession indeed if I am permitted to say that. So many individuals enter into 'things' because the other person is doing it and making big cash from it...

Check it! 19 year olds starting their "music career" Because of the likes of Davido, Justin Bieber, Wizkid and others little or above that age range who are known to have made it very big at such a young age..

Same thing in blogging. People are starting blogs because weheardall.com, linda Ikeji blog are all making it.

However, I am here to talk or rather, write about Linda Ikeji. I believe very well that Linda Ikeji is hardworking, smart and most especially...beautiful!

According to Linda, she said she Started making good money from her blog in the year 2011 although she started Blogging earlier than that.

I think some blogs created in the years 2012/2013 are even better than Linda's blog but many of them are still trying to make head ways with their blogs while Linda is raking in big cheques.

However, There are few reasons why I feel Linda would have been a failed Blogger

1. Linda was an ex model! Yes! She tried her hands in modelling and really did well at it. Her modelling career gave her a lot of exposure as she got to meet lots of people, opportuned to be invited to events and all that. With her modelling career, Linda already had presence in the entertainment industry so...

She said she left the fashion stuff after she figured she was getting old and had to give the 'younger girls chance to try their hands in modelling too

In Linda's words

"I started modeling at age 17 in 1998 and quit in 2005.

I modelled for every designer who was actively involved in the Nigerian fashion industry. I travelled to all parts of Nigeria and some West African countries for shows. I featured in several calendars, billboards and TV Commercials."

2. Linda started Blogging when blogging careers all over the world were just starting out. There was not a lot of competition back then. Right now, its no news that almost everybody is trying his or her hands in blogging and all are delving into the entertainment niche even though they can't even speak good english and are not even entertaining at all. They end up copying posts and pasting them on their blogs unedited which is very unhealthy.

3. Linda doesn't write her posts to be targeted by search engines. What I mean is that I am not sure Linda knows anything about search engine optimization. She writes three lines of a post and it receives heavy comments. But now, you can't just write few sentences and expect to get traffic from search engine. I am very sure linda doesn't get much of her traffic from search engines.

4. She has lots of friends in the entertainment industry and so, she is able to get exclusives there by getting back links from other sites which in turn also makes her seem like an authority in the entertainment niche.

By the way, these are not excuses why you shouldn't be a king or queen in your niche even though it were to be the entertainment niche. You can apply some of the things mentioned above and use it for your own improvement.

Linda, I respect you a lot by the way! I respect you for your hardwork. Keep up the good works in your blogging profession! Just saying my mind

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by moderatorr: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2013
also
linda would have failed if she started her blog in 2013 if she had not started it 6 years earlier.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by TeenageMoney(m): 8:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Fools keep Hating... The girl in question anks nothing less than 1-2M Monthly and u are Here saying bleeps about Her. You ursef, wen u start

Go get a Life pls

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Basic(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2013
Teenage Money: Fools keep Hating... The girl in question anks nothing less than 1-2M Monthly and u are Here saying bleeps about Her. You ursef, wen u start

Go get a Life pls
Bro, easy please. Try to read between lines.
The OP was just being analytical, not necessarily trying to undermine Linda Ikeji's success. The post is merely discussing the advantages Linda had and capitalized on, which new bloggers don't have.
So, read with an open, unbiased mind, ok?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2013
@OP, u made no single point. You just want to get few hits on your own blog site. Sorry, no one may click that link you posted here. It's not a must one should be getting traffic from search engine. The reason why seo seems to be very important is because it's the cheapest way to get traffic. You will not have to pay google for that, you just rank organically. Linda has followers and fans already. Many people have bookmarked her site. So even without seo, thousands must go to her site everyday to read her stuff. So i cant see ur points if not that you want to tell us about weheardall.com and wesaytech.com.

@Basic, then the OP should be more reasonable with her thread topic. Listen, if Linda starts blogging in 2014, she will still succeed very well. The topic should have been: 'Some reasons why Linda Ikeji is succeeding.'

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @OP, u made no single point. You just want to get few hits on your own blog site. Sorry, no one may click that link you posted here. It's not a must one should be getting traffic from search engine. The reason why seo seems to be very important is because it's the cheapest way to get traffic. You will not have to pay google for that, you just rank organically. Linda has followers and fans already. Many people have bookmarked her site. So even without seo, thousands must go to her site everyday to read her stuff. So i cant see ur points if not that you want to tell us about weheardall.com and wesaytech.com.

@Basic, then the OP should be more reasonable with her thread topic. Listen, if Linda starts blogging in 2014, she will still succeed very well. The topic should have been: 'Some reasons why Linda Ikeji is succeeding.'

#Gbam

@OP.. hope http://www.wesaytech.com/ is not your blog. If it is yours, smh**
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by TeenageMoney(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2013
Basic:
Bro, easy please. Try to read between lines.
The OP was just being analytical, not necessarily trying to undermine Linda Ikeji's success. The post is merely discussing the advantages Linda had and capitalized on, which new bloggers don't have.
So, read with an open, unbiased mind, ok?

I hate it when people Just Waste their time writing Shits about people who have already made it... The Babe in Question Gives no Bleep if that Entity who created this Topic is existing.

I think the op would have used the Time he/she wasted in Typing this to write more Quality posts for his/her Blog...

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Hmmm!! I was just being analytical and stop hating! All those of you struggling to protect linda, why don't you get jobs for yourselves Because Linda doesn't even know you guys exist too! The last time I checked, nairaland didn't belong to any of u. It is my opinion and if you don't like it, just scroll past it.
I never said linda wasn't good. she is successful and I admire that hoping one day I get big or bigger than her. Thank you all and God bless
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
yungcheda: Hmmm!! I was just being analytical and stop hating! All those of you struggling to protect linda, why don't you get jobs for yourselves Because Linda doesn't even know you guys exist too! The last time I checked, nairaland didn't belong to any of u. It is my opinion and if you don't like it, just scroll past it.
I never said linda wasn't good. she is successful and I admire that hoping one day I get big or bigger than her. Thank you all and God bless

Then you should also know that our comments are our opinions too. And by the way, who says your opinion cant be subjected to public analysis? Your analytic was not properly phrased and analysed. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
U are my brodas here so there's no reason to be rude to anyone here. If any point in my analysis was wrong, you can say so and point it out instead of just being rude. I respect everybody that has commented here but that doesn't mean I can allow u drag me because of d respect Thank you
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Am not dragging you. And i respect u too. But if u started by telling us that some of the reasons why Linda is succeeding is because of her antecedents. Her consistency of writing. Her blogging style. Her doggedness.Etc. Then we will know that you are speaking to us and allowing us to learn lessons from her. It's not telling us that if she started blogging in 2013 that she would have failed. There are those that started blogging this 2013 that are doing well in seo and stuff like that, but they will never see her back. Age of blogging and consistency of purpose matter in blogging industry. If 2face starts blogging now, his traffic will be something else. These guys have followers already. Check out their twitter accounts. So if Linda is to start even next year, she will still do well. Just imagine, she is not even using a custom domain, yet all roads lead to her blog and she's making big money from ads.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
U have spoken maturedly. That is the point I am making. She already had presence in the industry so it was easier for her. Maybe my title should have been 'why linda ikeji succeeds' but I have written it already so no changing!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by EasyNaijacom: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
Mehn Fame is a good thing o... See how guys dey argue because of one chick who's probably at the moment chilling on a nice recliner, enjoying top floor view and sipping iced lemonade while thinking of the next car to buy.

To the guys attacking the OP, do you really have to? What's wrong with what he said? Was he in any way referring to you guys? This wasn't even a diss post, he only stated a few facts which are no doubt correct if you ask me.

I read this post when it had no replies and I expected it to remain that way.
Y'all should just focus on your own ventures and stop trying to lick someone else's arse.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
^You came late. Post ignored.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by EasyNaijacom: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Yeah, I'm going to slit my wrists, pull my hair out, and cry myself to sleep undecided
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Easynaija, tanx alot for understanding my view
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by brine(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
Mehn Fame is a good thing o... See how guys dey argue because of one chick who's probably at the moment chilling on a nice recliner, enjoying top floor view and sipping iced lemonade while thinking of the next car to buy.

To the guys attacking the OP, do you really have to? What's wrong with what he said? Was he in any way referring to you guys? This wasn't even a diss post, he only stated a few facts which are no doubt correct if you ask me.

I read this post when it had no replies and I expected it to remain that way.
Y'all should just focus on your own ventures and stop trying to lick someone else's arse.

Huh ! how come you typed exactly what was on my mind ?!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Pins(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
LINDA IKEJI.TALKING ABOUT HER SHE IS GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES AND ALSO WE MUST ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT ENTERTAINMENT IS A VERY POWERFUL NICHE IN NIGERIA.IF YOU WANT TO GET UNIMAGINABLE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE JUST CHOOSE THE ENTERTAINMENT NICHE AND YOU WOULD SEE NIGERIANS RUSHING TO YOU.AND ALSO MR TOPIC CREATOR,LINDA IKEJI HAS VERY HIGH QUALITY CONTENT AND THIS MAKES HER STAND OUT.SO RATHER THAN LOOKING AT WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE OPENED HER BLOG IN 2013 TRY AND FIND OUT HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR BLOG AND BECOME LIKE HER IF NOT BETTER.TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT MR TOPIC CREATOR.THE GIRL IS GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by akintayo1(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2013
Everywhere I go, Linda! Linda!! Linda!!! Na wao o!

The time people put in discussing another man's success if they had put that time and energy in finding solution to their problem it would have been better o.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2013
Pins, can you compare linda's blog to the likes of TMZ, perezhilton, Thehollywoodgossip and or even Bellanaija and so many others that do just same thing she does but do it better? Although they copy one another, you can still see d uniqueness and creativity in their post. Even some of linda's readers know she does copy and paste. Linda is good at what she does and I aspire to be better than her even!
I didn't set up this thread to raise quarrels, just my 2 cent. Thanks
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Pins(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2013
Copying and pasting is a normal thing in blogging,every blogger at one time or anoda has copied.so dat is not a good reason.But what really matters is that ur blog has more original content than fake content.IF U CHECK MY BLOG,I WON'T DENY THE FACT THAT I COPY AND PASTE BUT THE ONLY THING I COPY IS BUSINESS NEWS AS THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN CREATE MY SELF.SO U MUST UNDERSTAND THIS.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 12:03am On Jul 05, 2013
Pins, if you know reporting biz news is nor your thing, why do it? Is blogging by force? Are you making one billion naira or even one naira from your blog? As far as am concerned, people who just copy and paste are just talentless, and time wasters. Although I like soccer, I do not think I know just enough to write about it so i wont start a football website. During blogging, passion should come first
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Pins(m): 4:50am On Jul 08, 2013
Look mr topic poster,biz is my thing and i have got nothing less than 500 articles running in my head already to place there.from what i see u didn't even check the blog before u posted dat reply.i simply copy and paste business news,i am not a journalist and so i don't want to go and form business news and then be marked as a scammer by google and also i write some business news my self.u shud jst try and learn to take correction.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Corrections? What are u correcting me in? I repeat, if u can't write biz off your head, don't write
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Pins(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2013
U asked wat am correcting u about.ur thread is nice but the heading u chose is not night and i visited ur blog,it seems to be a tech blog if am nt wrong,did u create all those tutorials urself,if yes where did u carry out the research at,which lab.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Do you wish for me to tell you how I work? Nahh dearie! You can check my stuff. Aint sure u will find one copied content. Not one!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Pins(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2013
have checked it and i saw some content that have found in other places.but not withstanding i and you could become very good friends don't you think so?
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by kingthreat(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Teenage Money: Fools keep Hating... The girl in question anks nothing less than 1-2M Monthly and u are Here saying bleeps about Her. You ursef, wen u start

Go get a Life pls

Your attacks are baseless and senseless.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by bug24(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2013
Khai!!! Dis guys can quarrel sha!!!

Omo See Gobe!

@Graphics, i don hear say u sabi blow grammar, and now i don confirm am. Like ur Patrick Obahiagbon's descendant.

Meanwhile, i see notin wrong in what d OP said. If d post doesnt make sense to u, simply waka pass. Haba!!!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by 2sexyme: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
To be frank, you seem pissed by the OP's thread and I was wondering why you would feel that way.

Apart from the landmark by Linda, the Nigerian society today trives on gossip like vampires on blood.

Gossip blogs all over pull traffic.

If Seun can do it without being a celebrity, why can't anyone else do it?

The main thing is starting now and have a plan for your business... Yes, business it is.
GraphicsPlus: ^You came late. Post ignored.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by yungcheda(m): 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
I never meant to cause any probs... I luv u guys still.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Would Have Failed If She Started Blogging 2013 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2013
you don't need to apologise to anyone... keep your shoulder high and let them say, but dont look back.
yungcheda: I never meant to cause any probs... I luv u guys still.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo New Websites / Facebook "Sponsored Search Results" / Tutorial On: How To Build Php & Mysql Cms Website From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.