Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Equality In Relationships ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Equality In Relationships ! (2071 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2008
Hello great nairalanders,
this argument popped up in a recent conversation,
Who is to be dominant in a relationship?, the GUYS or the ladies?.
or should both be Equal?
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2008
where is ibkaye and HR.hotness
Una no go come yan una mind now, na until guys begin tackle una na im una go come dey yan,
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by ololade34(f): 10:35am On May 09, 2008
kizzle:

Hello great nairalanders,
this argument popped up in a recent conversation,
Who is to be dominant in a relationship?, the GUYS or the ladies?.
or[b] should both be Equal[/b]?

It should be equal!!!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by 9jaboi1(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2008
def.
the men shld be on top of d game.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 10:54am On May 09, 2008
Equality is the key  grin

9ja boi:

def.
the men shld be on top of d game.
Pahahahahaha!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by lightest(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2008
lets open our Bible to,
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2008
i also feel the guys should dominate, i mean its a MAN's world.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 11:16am On May 09, 2008
The Bible teaches that woman and man were created for full and equal partnership. The word "helper" (ezer) used to designate woman in Genesis 2:18 refers to God in most instances of Old Testament usage (e.g. I Sam 7:12; Ps 121:1-2). Consequently the word conveys no implication whatsoever of female subordination or inferiority.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by lightest(m): 11:18am On May 09, 2008
May God bless the reader and the hearer of God's word.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 11:55am On May 09, 2008
i dont believe there is (should be) equality in relationship. relationship is all about compromise. relationships based on equality end up sour than relationship based on compromise. in other words, relationships based on compromise last longer and in most cases forever than those based on equality. there r toooooooo many examples. just look around u
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2008
a woman is jst a helper and not a masta,
so how on earth is dere gon b equality,
there cannot be 2 captains on a ship.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by ztyle(m): 2:00pm On May 09, 2008
@ 9 ja boi i concur.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Sodgi(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2008
Well it should be the Men, the ladies are there to assist. cool
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by ztyle(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2008
Gbam ! grin
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by tngtech(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2008
@topic

The man should.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 09, 2008
*mimicks all of them* it should be the man yehn yehn yehn choo choo choo bleh, nonsense tongue
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by HRhotness(f): 3:01pm On May 09, 2008
kizzle:

where is ibkaye and HR.hotness
Una no go come yan una mind now, na until guys begin tackle una na im una go come dey yan,

Did someone say my name? cool grin

A relationship is a partnership and no partnership can work with one person superior to the other.
Equality in a relationship depends largely on what u mean by equality,,,, as far as I'm concerned equality doesnt necessarily mean the woman has the right to shunt aside her role as a mother and home-maker,,,
like any partnership decisions should be taken together and not imposed on the other party,
in terms of money, both parties should be happy with whatever arrangement is decided on,,,

some people are quick to quote the bible about women being subordinate or whatever,,, that is pure sentiment.
we are no longer in biblical times and many men no longer live by biblical rules so why the hell would u expect the same from a woman.
someone mentioned why there should be 2 captains in the ship and my response is why should ther even be a captain in the first place.

woman arent slaves to be ordered around or to attend to your every need (carnal or otherwise), any man that expects that of his wife is breeding hatred in her heart. the modern woman is educated, has a job and capable of making decisions for herself. if as her husband she agrees to let u make the decision on her behalf thats a different case, but imposing your decisions without asking her opinion is unacceptable!

The way i see it, a marriage like partnership will only survive if both parties are involved and happy with every aspect.

1 Like

Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Sodgi(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2008
HanHan, na tales by moonlight we come read? shocked
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by ztyle(m): 3:06pm On May 09, 2008
No na Story that touch embarassed
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 09, 2008
@Ztyle and Sodgi
Shebi you read what she said? Men ko tongue grin
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2008
men, its really clear.sey na until una women begin dey command una na im una go begin dey find help
the women are to be the sub while the men dominant.
give these ladies a yard,they'll take a mile.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 09, 2008
kizzle:

men, its really clear.sey na until una women begin dey command una na im una go begin dey find help
the women are to be the sub while the men dominant.

ching chang chong lipsrsealed
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by tngtech(m): 3:11pm On May 09, 2008
kizzle:

so you think so.

These one wen lady wen rule USA now.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by ashe2(f): 3:36pm On May 09, 2008
I READ MOST OF THE REPLIES AND I WUD SLIGHTLY AGREE AND DISAGREE WITH THE COMMENTS.
FIRST AND FOREMOST, THE WOMAN WAS MADE TO HELP MAN WHICH MAKES HER BENEATH MAN, IN TERMS OF EQUALITY I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND DID U MEAN WHO SHUD BOSS WHO AROUND?I THINK WEN TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING OUT ON A RELATIONSHIP PEOPLE WE COULD CALL LIKEMINDED OBVIOUSLY INLOVE THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR BOSSINESS!COZ LOVE IS NOT BOSSY, NOBODY IS A SLAVE FOR CHRISSAKE, I THINK THERES A WAY TO GO THRU CARRYING OUT ACTIVITIES, I KNOW WITH CONSIDERATION AND HUMILITY WITH UNDERSTANDIN ISSUES LIKE DIS COULD BE RESOLVED.
WE WOMEN COMPLEMENT MEN WHILE THEY ARE  HARD WE ARE SOFT, WEN THEY ARE STRONG MINDED WE SHUD BE SOFTMINDED THATS WHY WE ARE CHARMING AND BEAUTIFUL WE ARE ALSO CALLED THEIR BETA HALF THIS I BELIEVE MAKES UP THE ESSENCE OF  BEING A WOMAN WHY WUD ANYONE NOW WANT TO DROP DAT TO BE EQUAL TO A MAN?
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Eniboy: 3:52pm On May 09, 2008
HanHan, na tales by moonlight we come read?

word! my broda

No na aunty pls tell us a story!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by Eniboy: 3:56pm On May 09, 2008
I READ MOST OF THE REPLIES AND I WUD SLIGHTLY AGREE AND DISAGREE WITH THE COMMENTS.
FIRST AND FOREMOST, THE WOMAN WAS MADE TO HELP MAN WHICH MAKES HER BENEATH MAN, IN TERMS OF EQUALITY I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND DID You MEAN WHO SHUD BOSS WHO AROUND?I THINK WEN TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING OUT ON A RELATIONSHIP PEOPLE WE COULD CALL LIKEMINDED OBVIOUSLY INLOVE THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR BOSSINESS!COZ LOVE IS NOT BOSSY, NOBODY IS A SLAVE FOR CHRISSAKE, I THINK THERES A WAY TO GO THRU CARRYING OUT ACTIVITIES, I KNOW WITH CONSIDERATION AND HUMILITY WITH UNDERSTANDIN ISSUES LIKE DIS COULD BE RESOLVED.
WE WOMEN COMPLEMENT MEN WHILE THEY ARE  HARD WE ARE SOFT, WEN THEY ARE STRONG MINDED WE SHUD BE SOFTMINDED THATS WHY WE ARE CHARMING AND BEAUTIFUL WE ARE ALSO CALLED THEIR BETA HALF THIS I BELIEVE MAKES UP THE ESSENCE OF  BEING A WOMAN WHY WUD ANYONE NOW WANT TO DROP DAT TO BE EQUAL TO A MAN?
[b][/b]

i 4 say urs to na anoda aunty yan us tori but i repent cos u ve proven u get plenty upstairs.

more grease to ur . . . . . . . . hum!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by iice(f): 11:26am On May 10, 2008
Whichever works undecided
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by uspry1(f): 12:16pm On May 10, 2008
Words! @HR.hotness and OMO IBO I concur their postings mentioned above!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by onyekang1(f): 12:51pm On May 10, 2008
as long as there is mutual respect, btw both parties, NO LONG TIN  grin
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by NubianQ(f): 8:22pm On May 10, 2008
Some losers are Quoting the bible as an Excuse to be more dominant

EQUALITY IT IS.

i am equal to a man. HR.hotness HIT the nail on the head and she makes alot of sense.

anyman who says he is more superior should go and shag a monkey.

no man is superior to me.SIMPLE! WHAT U GIVE IS WHAT U GET!
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by faa(f): 1:48pm On May 11, 2008
I don't think there's such a thing as equality in relationships (pls don't bite my head off). Men and women have general characteristics that automatically make equality fly out the window when it comes to realtionships.

Men have that "I'm the man and it's my duty to protect you and at the same time conserve my ego" attitude. Women tend to be touchy when it comes to matters concerning the home, kids and finance.

Just as ppl have said, compromise and understanding are what shd be fought for in a relationship not equality(meaning partners shd value each other with respect). Equality is out of the picture when emotional factors are present. Believe me I'm all for women's rights but equality in relationships is just another term for power struggle which will eventually do more harm than good.
Re: Equality In Relationships ! by kizzle(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2008
We rule,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody Please Tell That Am Crazy / The Guy's Ability To Flirt. / Help! Girls Dont Like Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.