Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Right To Choose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right To Choose (8418 Views)

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right To Choose by Mranony: 1:22am On Jun 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tzMV9OmvY

I think at the heart of the pro-life movement is the idea that all people are created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights starting with life. - Mike Huckabee
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 19, 2013
I was about to watch the video and comment but then,

You seriously quoted Mike Huckabee on a religious matter?
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 19, 2013
Mr anony:

I think at the heart of the pro-life movement is the idea that all people are created equal, endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights starting with life. - Mike Huckabee

The problem with Mike Huckabee and other "conservative" republicans is the disgusting hypocrisy.

Its funny that they are so quick to defend life yet unborn yet care nothing for that life once it is born. Yep Mike Huckabee claims to believe that "all people are created equal" but ONLY when they are still in the womb. The same Huckabee supports a party platform that:

1. Is presently debating cutting food assistance to the poor while gifting farmers and big companies tax subsidies.
2. Has recently cut funds to the head start program that is meant to assist children from low income families
3. Has voted 37 times to defund, repeal and kill a healthcare program geared towards providing affordable healthcare to the poor.
4. Voted to cut government funds to planned parenthood - the only place poor or minority women get affordable access to reproductive healthcare.
5. Opposed allowing health insurance pay for birth control pills so women dont end up pregnant when they can least afford it.

Sorry if i do not for one second believe anything Mike Huckabee says. True christians are not just those who whine about abortion...

1 Like

Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2013
davidylan:

The problem with Mike Huckabee and other "conservative" republicans is the disgusting hypocrisy.

Its funny that they are so quick to defend life yet unborn yet care nothing for that life once it is born. Yep Mike Huckabee claims to believe that "all people are created equal" but ONLY when they are still in the womb. The same Huckabee supports a party platform that:

1. Is presently debating cutting food assistance to the poor while gifting farmers and big companies tax subsidies.
2. Has recently cut funds to the head start program that is meant to assist children from low income families
3. Has voted 37 times to defund, repeal and kill a healthcare program geared towards providing affordable healthcare to the poor.
4. Voted to cut government funds to planned parenthood - the only place poor or minority women get affordable access to reproductive healthcare.
5. Opposed allowing health insurance pay for birth control pills so women dont end up pregnant when they can least afford it.

Sorry if i do not for one second believe anything Mike Huckabee says. True christians are not just those who whine about abortion...

What is this? Davidylan?

How is it possible that I am nodding and agreeing with what you have just posted?

There must be a god shocked

Great work, David wink

2 Likes

Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2013
davidylan:

[size=18pt]Its funny that they are so quick to defend life yet unborn yet care nothing for that life once it is born.[/size] Yep Mike Huckabee claims to believe that "all people are created equal" but ONLY when they are still in the womb. The same Huckabee supports a party platform that:

[size=38pt]GBAM![/size]
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is this? Davidylan?

How is it possible that I am nodding and agreeing with what you have just posted?

There must be a god shocked

Great work, David wink

THERE IS! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

THERE IS! cheesy cheesy

I doubt that.....funny enough, I always feared that you were a conservative republican
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2013
davidylan:

**Picking up my bottom jaw from the ground**
Davidylan?
Maybe his account was hacked.
If it's really him, there is hope for the world afterall.

@OP next time research the people you quote.
Crazy pro-life republicans that are yet to see a war they will not support. angry
Re: The Right To Choose by EvilBrain1(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2013
davidylan:

Epic post!

I never imagined I could ever agree completely with anything Davidylan said. The world must be coming to an end.
Re: The Right To Choose by EvilBrain1(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2013
Deleted. Double post.
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 19, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

**Picking up my bottom jaw from the ground**
Davidylan?
Maybe his account was hacked.
If it's really him, there is hope for the world afterall.

@OP next time research the people you quote.
Crazy pro-life republicans that are yet to see a war they will not support. angry

Evil Brain:

Epic post!

I never imagined I could ever agree completely with anything Davidylan said. The world must be coming to an end.

grin grin

Agreed....Davudylan unbelievably right

Too bad for Anony grin
Re: The Right To Choose by mazaje(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Davidylan is not, and has never been the closed minded fundie people think he is. . .He can be very nasty but he is very reasonable and an honest individual. . . .I have come to respect him a lot over the years, especially his political views and opinions.. .
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2013
mazaje: Davidylan is not, and has never been the closed minded fundie people think he is. . .He can be very nasty but he is very reasonable and an honest individual. . . .

Shut the hell up. grin grin grin grin

Davidylan is/was a very close minded fundie. He has changed over the years. The guy was even christened "Davidyliar" "David the troll"

However, Davidylan has always been on point about islam consistently.

Davidylan, has always been reasonable- the problem was that he was only reasonable when christianity was not involved. As his views on christianity became challenged (therefore evolved to a mature christian), he became more reasonable.

From fundie to smartie
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Mr anony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tzMV9OmvY

Great speech! I believe after 1,200 abortions the 'good' Doc has officially begun his obligation to try and save the lives of babies.

Nice one Anony and Mike is right in his quote.
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Great speech! I believe after 1,200 abortions the 'good' Doc has officially begun his obligation to try and save the lives of babies.

Troll harder
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Troll harder

He is not even aware that none of his posts addressed the OP....now the only one that actually addressed the OP he calls troll? undecided
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

He is not even aware that none of his posts addressed the OP....now the only one that actually addressed the OP he calls troll? undecided

smh....the thing about Mike Huckabee nko?
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

smh....the thing about Mike Huckabee nko?

You call that addressing the OP?

This is getting rather silly!

Guy, if accusing me falsely will make you feel cool...by all means continue.

I am done addressing you, until you have something worthwhile to say.
Re: The Right To Choose by Delafruita(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

You call that addressing the OP?

This is getting rather silly!

Guy, if accusing me falsely will make you feel cool...by all means continue.

I am done addressing you, until you have something worthwhile to say.
sorry sir
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
Delafruita:
sorry sir

undecided
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

No one buys your anti-abortion nonsense
Re: The Right To Choose by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

No one buys your anti-abortion nonsense

Wrong. There are still a few God fearing folks who have not bowed down to Baal. One with God is a majority.

2 Likes

Re: The Right To Choose by EvilBrain1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Olaadegbu.

Interesting pic. Funny that it didn't mention Abraham and Jephthah

1 Like

Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
there is the idea that exposing republican hypocrisy is the same thing as supporting abortion. That couldnt be farther from the truth...

I DO NOT support abortion, it is wrong period. The problem is more the moral bankruptcy that is plaguing those who claim to be "conservative christians" in the US today. Many of them are some of the most racist, hostile, unloving folks you have ever seen... despite the fact that they drape themselves in biblical slogans.

Let us not kid ourselves... if you dont love the child who you can see, neither can you love the one you cannot see.
Re: The Right To Choose by italo: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2013
@davidylan, how do you claim that abortion is wrong uet support the existence of the biggest abortion provider in America (Planned Parenthood)?

Could it be that you're being just as hypocritical as you accuse the Republicans of being?

1 Like

Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2013
italo: @davidylan, how do you claim that abortion is wrong uet support the existence of the biggest abortion provider in America (Planned Parenthood)?

Could it be that you're being just as hypocritical as you accuse the Republicans of being?

Wassap, catholic brother?
Re: The Right To Choose by MrTroll(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Wrong. There are still a few God fearing folks who have not bowed down to Baal. One with God is a majority.
yo! Could you be any more robotic?
Really, is there a real human behind this moniker
Sheeple would be a massive compliment.
Re: The Right To Choose by Kay17: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2013
Ola's hypocrisy is suffocating as well. Christianity is ultimately found on human sacrifice, how dare you point fingers at another religion for doing so. Most pagans honestly believe they are doing good.

On abortion, Roe vs Wade, reasonable enough. What actually deserves to be protected is personhood not potential personhood. Cos if we want laws to protect potential personhood, then rights to privacy will shrink into the most insignificant level. Masturbation, the use of contraceptives, withdrawal, sex life in short will be regulated.
Re: The Right To Choose by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2013
^^^

...and what determines this "personhood" you talk about?
Re: The Right To Choose by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Jun 20, 2013
italo:

@davidylan, how do you claim that abortion is wrong uet support the existence of the biggest abortion provider in America (Planned Parenthood)?

The fact that davidylan supports PP should tell you where he stands on the issue of abortion.

Re: The Right To Choose by Kay17: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2013
@strik

Awareness of identity

Consciousness/discretion

Has an anticipated future

Capable of obliging to legal responsibilities

Capable of exercising legal rights and powers.
Re: The Right To Choose by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2013
Evil Brain:

@Olaadegbu.

Interesting pic. Funny that it didn't mention Abraham and Jephthah

"Abraham and Jephthah" didn't sacrifice their children to Molek or any other god. Sorry to burst your bubble. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome / Why Do Evil People Live Longer? / Beware Of "A Balanced Message" - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.