Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria (9533 Views)

7 Problems An SME Or Business Owner In Nigeria Must Plan For / My Experiences As A Start-up Business Owner / Execessive Bank Charges-- Come Vent Your Frustrations! Lets Find A Common Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by ajadekoil(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2011
Is everywere.pple 2 beleive in biggerlicism ppl wit big belly, a big lies must av a big memory.is nt everybody in nigeria is bad.if u realy want to do busines let talk and see wat we can do 2geda.08034989352
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2012
Truth be told, it is very difficult to run any kind of business in Nigeria, especially businesses that depend on some sort of infrastructure.
That's why you find that many people stick to trading and services, rather than manufacturing. I think now more than ever, the corruption and ineptitude of the ruling elite have brought things to a head.
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by damola1: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2012
No be beans oh.
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by ibkn(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2013
Seems like after 4 years most of the observations here still remain? So are we progressing or what?
Disillusioned Nigerian Youth
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by conceptkid(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2013
hi dear forumite fustrations are everywere even outside the shores of this great country nigeria business people face different problems and frustration on a daily basis,why are business men and women frustrated in nigeria one of the reason that i see is business people lack the ability to fight back when challenges hit you like brick are you going to sit back and watch NO!!!!! you fight back no matter what you have to let difficulty know that you are difficult yes we all know the system of the county is frustrating a lot of businesses in nigeria what if i tell you doing business nigeria is the only way for you to be comfortable financially what will you do?
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by bamiistobi: 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
Survey for Business Owners (incentive within)

Hello smiley
My team is building tools to help grow your business! This 2 minutes survey seeks your insights based on your day to day experience as a store owner/operator. If you have any questions, please reach me- kedoxadesanya@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.

The survey link: https://forms.gle/6X9gtnjTLdNKY5ao6
Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by fancyto(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
promote your business online with Google, LinkedIn , Facebook and instagram ads and get paying customers with ease.
Interested in our services?
Contact on directly via call or whatsapp 07064267811.
YOU can also visit our website www.digitalrocket.com.ng

Re: Frustrations Of A Business Owner In Nigeria by nnamdiosu(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
infotunnel:
@nuclearboy

I think your post is the most spot-on I've read so far (to me). One of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria is that we forget that private enterprise should drive everything else,  including governments. How can the government provide electricity in Nigeria when they haven't seen a successful private owned power generating company in Nigeria? The only way to see Nigeria as a business man is through the lens of the population. All the challenges are really the hidden business opportunities. If I start a business in Nigeria today, I would  apportion a lion share of my start-up capital to sustainable electricity (eg solar) even if I'm only able to power essential things like computers, close circuit cameras in every office and the compound, , and fans; I can do without fridges and air conditioners initially. A strict enforcement of employment policies, eg hire and fire trigger (how I hire and fire employees). What we have in Nigeria are scenarios whereby people invest 80-90% of total capital in merchandise or goods, and then 10-20% in recurrent expenditure. They then rely on "good people" or "Christians" or "devout moslems" or relations to run the most critical aspects of the business. In business, your most trusted employees are your cameras and computers ( which report directly to you). As a start up, you should only expose your strategic capital to basically yourself only at the initial stage. You can relax that later. I witnessed a new start up (a branch start up) sometime ago in the States. In the first month of the start up, the bosses came from far flung parts  of the US to physically inspect events on the ground. These bosses, some of them in their late seventies and early eighties were STANDING AND WORKING round a huge warehouse between 10pm in the night and 5am in the morning. They were also on cell phones constantly talking to other branches and coordinating everything. This was a new branch. They could have designated some managers to do that. They didn't. They had to do it physically themselves.  I'm afraid we Nigerians are not learning a lot from "oyibo" people. For me, I only see a SEA OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES in Nigeria.
That is why most foreign owned companies and some smart Nigerian companies are having a field day today in Nigeria.

Even many years later, this post still makes sense.

Can I have your valued opinions or ideas for someone about to start a CO working space? Thank you in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Hours Light/Power Does PHCN Supply Your Area? / Captain Hosa Okunbo Decorated With Lafayette Award At UN Day For Global Peace / What Kind Of Business Can I Start With A Hundred Thousand Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.