Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13944 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:16am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

I didn't answer your questions that way though, you don't seem very comfortable with questions

There are many of my questions which you didnt even attempt to answer on this thread. You just pretended not to see them.

Do you want me to list them out?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:18am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

There are many of my questions which you didnt even attempt to answer on this thread. You just pretended not to see them.

Do you want me to list them out?
ok pls do
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:28am On Jun 29, 2013
Number 1

Are you kidding me? I should show you where Jesus appointed Church fathers?

I'm guessing you mean I should show you from the Bible, right?

But did you ask this question when you accepted the same Bible that was compiled by the same Church fathers?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:34am On Jun 29, 2013
italo: Number 1

Are you kidding me? I should show you where Jesus appointed Church fathers?

I'm guessing you mean I should show you from the Bible, right?

But did you ask this question when you accepted the same Bible that was compiled by the same Church fathers?

If God wanted me to know about your so called fathers, it will be part of the scripture. Everything that I accepted was by faith through Christ. I believe everything within it, what you are saying is not within the scripture, so there is no room for your fathers role.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:35am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Paul was talking about heaven, not about scripture. You keep twisting God's word to suit your false doctrines.

Where did God ever mention "bible" to you?

It was the Catholic Church fathers that gave us the Bible.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:38am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Where did God tell you that he added the Pauline letters?

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible and it is they who tell us that they did it by the power and authority given to them by God.

And we all trust the Catholic Church fathers on that...even you haters do.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:40am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul? Did you ever see Paul?

Was it not these same Catholic Church fathers that told us that the epistles were inspired by the Holy Spirit?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:41am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

If God has used the Catholic Church to compile the Bible then I trust that God continues to use it to interpret the contents of the Bible to fallible and unstable human minds like ours. In fact God has been using his Catholic Church to teach his flock even before the advent of the Bible.

If no man is infallible, then why are you claiming infallibility for yourself?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:41am On Jun 29, 2013
[quote author=italo][/quote]

I know the Holy Spirit spoke with Paul cos the scripture say so and I believe it by faith
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:42am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Is it possible to worship God in spirit and in truth, yet prostrate before images?

If you answer mine, I will answer yours.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:43am On Jun 29, 2013
How can I claim to be infallible, am I the word of God? Only is Word is infallible.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:45am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

When and how did he adopt Timothy?

I believe the Bible is 100% true. Because it was declared 100% true by God's Catholic Church which is 100% true.

If someone had lied to me that the Bible fell from the sky, as some of you anti-Catholics believe, I would not have taken it seriously.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2013

Never, while bowing and making images to reverence, you are already against God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:46am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

If they were not leaders and Paul did not give a damn about them, why did he go to them to be sure that his preaching of 14years had not been a race "in vain?"
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:47am On Jun 29, 2013

He adopted Timothy when he espoused him from his parents and he called him and only him his son
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:47am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Isnt is you who lied that Paul was talking about scripture in 1Cor 13:12?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:48am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

I see!

When Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and said anything he bound or loosed on earth would be bound or loosed in heaven, it didnt have anything to do with the gentiles, right?

When Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep, it didnt concern the Gentiles, right?

Only Jews are part of Jesus' flock, right?

That is the gospel according to the "infallible" shdemidemi.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:51am On Jun 29, 2013

Then after [an interval] of fourteen years I again went up to Jerusalem. [This time I went] with Barnabas, taking Titus along with [me] also.

2 I went because it was specially and divinely revealed to me that I should go, and I put before them the Gospel [declaring to them that] which I preach among the Gentiles. However, [I presented the matter] privately before those of repute, [for I wanted to make certain, by thus at first confining my communication to this private conference] that I was not running or had not run in vain [guarding against being discredited either in what I was planning to do or had already done].

He went because it was specially revealed as you can see. He came to compare what he was saying to what they were saying-after he spoke with them, he said this

Moreover, [no new requirements were made] by those who were reputed to be something—though what was their individual position and whether they really were of importance or not makes no difference to me
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:52am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

You dont believe you (being a non-Jew) are part of Jesus' flock and kingdom.

Why should I keep on arguing Christian matters with you?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:57am On Jun 29, 2013

All that was said to Peter was a gospel according to tradition to the jewish believers

11 Therefore, remember that at one time you were Gentiles (heathens) in the flesh, called Uncircumcision by those who called themselves Circumcision, [itself a [e]mere mark] in the flesh made by human hands.

12 [Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God.

13 But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were [so] far away, through (by, in) the blood of Christ have been brought near

As you can see we only became part of the fold after the death of Christ
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:58am On Jun 29, 2013
I believe I have answered your questions, are you ready for my questions?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Boomark:

My hand no dey am. Demi can handle you if you don't dodge his questions. I can see you have learnt more dodgematic skills(dodgeous replies). angry

the handiwork of prophet bidam(fake) is unfathomable. angry

Yea i remember, demi is not aware that you believe in the traditions of spoken word which has no scriptural backing.
Lol,the devil is the accuser of the brethren.It's no surprise his followers are like him.This is what happens when you don't endure sound doctrine.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:51am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Jehovah's Witnesses. LMAO!

You will continue to laff in ignorance. Yes! Jehovah's witnesses. NWT will help you see the name of the true God if you have not seen it before. Have you? Where?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol,the devil is the accuser of the brethren.It's no surprise his followers are like him.This is what happens when you don't endure sound doctrine.

Anyone who preaches another gospel aside trusting and believing the gospel of Christ should be accursed.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Anyone who preaches another gospel aside trusting and believing the gospel of Christ should be accursed.
Lol, see who dey talk..You that is saying there are TWO gospels NOT ONE, i wonder whether boomark agrees with this view.If he doesn't and refuse to correct you then he is a hypocrite.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol,the devil is the accuser of the brethren. It's no surprise his followers are like him.This is what happens when you don't endure sound doctrine.

grin
ok, sorry o. But am still in wonderment of the so much confusion.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol, see who dey talk..You that is saying there are TWO gospels NOT ONE, i wonder whether boomark agrees with this view.If he doesn't and refuse to correct you then he is a hypocrite.

Say it, attack the scriptures if you want to or simply explain what you think the scripture is saying. Shdemidemi didn't write it, remember.

Gal 2

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.
9 And when they knew (perceived, recognized, understood, and acknowledged) the grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing) that had been bestowed upon me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars of the Jerusalem church, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, with the understanding that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised (Jews).
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Say it, attack the scriptures if you want to or simply explain what you think the scripture is saying. Shdemidemi didn't write it, remember.

Gal 2

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.
9 And when they knew (perceived, recognized, understood, and acknowledged) the grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing) that had been bestowed upon me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars of the Jerusalem church, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, with the understanding that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised (Jews).
I wonder what is making you hypertensive with this verse..I have explained it in the other thread.Read and Learn.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bidam: I wonder what is making you hypertensive with this verse..I have explained it in the other thread.Read and Learn.

Lol..ok sir, I have also addressed your 'explanation'
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Gal 2

One Gospel proclaimed to Two sects of people- the Jews and the Gentiles.

I hope he is not accusing a brother of teaching/spreading Two different Gospel.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
Boomark:

One Gospel proclaimed to Two sects of people- the Jews and the Gentiles.

I hope he is not accusing a brother of teaching/spreading Two different Gospel.

Bookmark, thanks for putting it more clearly.

To one sect He is The Lord to the other He is the king

One sect is part of his body the other sect is his subject
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bookmark, thanks for putting it more clearly.

To one sect He is The Lord to the other He is the king

One sect is part of his body the other sect is his subject

welcome.

Please explain the bolded with the scripture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / "A Man After God's Own Heart" - What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.