Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman (15279 Views)

APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel / Breaking: Muazu Resigns As PDP Chairman / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
Before Olisa Metuh, there was a PDP Spokesman, After Olisa Metuh there would be a better PDP Spokesman!

What baffles me is why some persona non grata on Nairaland with stolen names and red-eyes are bothering themselves and advertising their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by EkoIle1: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
barcanista: i'm sure you re a typical sadist who even Jesus would find difficult to please. BAD belle- GEJ will win 2015 and PDP will rule Nigeria FOREVER, deliverin democratic dividends. i repeat Fresh Air Till Arsenal win 3 consecutive Champions League

Like I said, you are entitled to your dullardistical Jonathan rants because even oponu like you have every right to spew trash as long as you are not dictating to others what to say.

Do you people get constipated off cassava bread hence all the trash you spew in public..?

lmao

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by yunafa(f): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is an "AJEBUTTER" that d almighty pdp turned into a THUG!!!!!!
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by mekano1980: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
He don. Chop belle full
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by Policewoman(f): 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sec5: I just heard it from network news that olise metuh has resigned.
ok
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by DIVINE78: 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
sincerenigerian:

You have to be very dumb to think Metuh resigned on his volition. Have you read his communique? Read it if you haven't seen it.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tukur-refuses-to-resign-as-pdp-nec-meets-tomorrow/150857/
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by porka: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
sincerenigerian: Jonthan is not politically savvy. The same thing that happened during the NGF election is taking place here. What is going on is tha; the Northern Governors have told Jonathan that they have problem with Tukur. They've asked he be removed. Tukur is playing out Jonthan's script by fighting Jonathan's perceived enemies but Jonthan is about to throw him under the bus.

The Northern Governors want their own man to lead the party and eventually use the newly appointed Chairman to their advantage in 2015. Jonthan is trying to dance to the Northern Governors' tune and it will back fire on him next year. If you read the interviews of Kwakwanso , Wamako and Lamido in the last one week, their requests have been for Jonathan to kick out Tukur and reconcille with Amaechi. The whole strategy is to guage how resolute or strong Jonathan is. Once Jonathan bows to their demands; they will be smelling blood in the water. The Northern Governors are playing well planned script. It takes a smart mind to decode what is going on.

At the end, Jonathan will be "janglized" the same way they did with Akpabio and Jang.

Relax man!

It's called political horse-trading.

It's legitimate.

You don't think President Jonathan's Chief of Staff will also "janglize" him do you?
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by porka: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
sincerenigerian:

You have to be very dumb to think Metuh resigned on his volition. Have you read his communique? Read it if you haven't seen it.

Where's the "communique"?
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by LocalChamp: 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lest we forget
--------------

The Vice-Principal of British Nigerian Academy, Prince & Princess Estate, Abuja, Mr. Kola Pele, 67, has taught in numerous schools and nurtured many pupils.

He was going about his duty at the last BNA visiting day when the National Vice-Chairman (South-East), Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Olisa Metuh, invaded the school with his wife, policemen as well as aides and allegedly assaulted him and other teachers for confiscating his son’s GSM phone.

Metuh, a lawyer turned politician, allegedly held Pele by the throat and reportedly ordered an aide to put him in his car boot, saying “No police IG or SSS can secure your release.”

The incident, which occurred on February 19, 2011, caused panic among the teachers and over 50 pupils that witnessed the incident.

The affected teachers had filed a lawsuit seeking N250m for general damages, N10m for punitive damages and N350, 000 for medical bills. The writ was issued by Joseph Dauda (SAN), the Nigeria Bar Association President.

Pele told PUNCH METRO on Wednesday that he went to the hostels around 6.30pm to check if the parents had dispersed, when a teacher, Ms. Amuche Igbe, informed him that she saw Metuh’s son, Derrick, a former pupil of the school, giving his GSM phone to pupils to use in violation of the school rules.

The BNA VP explained that Amuche seized the phone, handed it to him and he dropped it in his office. But he said a few minutes after, three jeeps drove into the school premises at top speed and Metuh alighted from the lead car.

“The jeeps drove round and round and this attracted pupils and staff. Metuh alighted and said, ‘who is Pele here’ and I said I am. He said, ‘where is my son’s phone. Before I could speak, he held my throat and pushed me to the ground. He said his boys should put me and another teacher, Babatunde Adedayo, in the car boot and that no police IG or SSS can release us,” Pele said.

According to him, a teacher, Hamzat Muftau, who was pleading with the PDP leader to calm down, was knocked to the ground by one of Metu’s aides.

He alleged that Metuh’s aides forcibly held Mufutau’s hands and took away his office keys and phone in an attempt to get him to release Derrick‘s phone. Incidentally, Derrick is no longer a pupil of the school as he was withdrawn in December 2010 while in Senior Secondary 2.

Pele stated that the teachers, who were apprehensive that he might be killed, advised him to release the phone.

Pele said that the PDP leader had no right to visit the school as his son was no longer a pupil, adding that Metuh’s police aides did not intervene when he was being molested.

He added that although the incident was reported at Garki Police Station, the Investigating Police Officer identified simply as Felicia said ‘Metuh could not be arrested because he is a big man, but could only be invited.’

Igbe, who corroborated Pele’s claim, stated that she saw Derrick chatting with some female pupils and asked him to leave the school, but instead of leaving, he walked towards the male hostel, saying he wanted to retrieve his phone.

She said, “A pupil offered to get the phone for him, but Derrick insisted on collecting it himself. There is a gap in the gate through which a hand held out the phone, but before Derrick could take the phone, I collected it from the person, but I could not identify the pupil who brought it out.”

Muftau also explained that every attempt to placate Metuh on the day was rebuffed as he insisted on having the phone. “As I was begging him to take it easy, he said I should just get him the phone, and that it is very expensive and can buy 200 of my own. As I moved closer to him, his aide kicked me in the legs and I fell; he said I was touching his boss. I suffered body pains, but I am better now.”

Another eyewitness, Adedayo, a housemaster, described the incident as a show of shame, which might have degenerated into a serious violence if more staff were around.

“When Metuh grabbed the VP by the throat, I moved to intervene, but he asked his aide to put me and the VP in the boot of his jeep, and boasted that no IG or SSS can release us,” he explained.

A board member of BNA, who does not want to be named, expressed dismay that Metuh, a former board member of the school, would assault teachers in the presence of pupils.

“Why I am surprised is that he is a friend of the owner of the school as well as a former BNA board member. The teachers have gone to court and he will meet them there,” she said.

But when contacted, Metuh said nobody was man-handled, insisting that the allegation was “a lie to cover up their (the teachers’) incompetence and stupidity.”

He said, “They don’t have the right to seize someone’s phone. The school never has such rule on a visiting day. During the visiting day, the pupils have the right to use the phone. When he was in the school, my son took my phone and used it there. The rule doesn‘t say anything about using phone on a visiting day.

“Why do they have to victimise a pupil because he left the school? My son and wife were the victims. I don’t want to take issues with them because the owner of the school is my friend. But I welcome the law suit; let them serve me the writ.”

The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Moshood Jimoh, however, said nobody was above the law. He said he would find out about the matter from the Garki Divisonal Police Officer.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/printthread.php?t=61523

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by docadams: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
barcanista: You are most miserable. Fake man, fake name, fake life, fake nl handle. Everything about your life is counterfeit. What a senseless m0r0n you are. Which communique? do you think GEJ is as stupid as you and your paymasters are? I repeat, Metuh resigned, another GEJ man will succeed him QED. i know you are waiting for the fall of GEJ/PDP, sorry you have to wait till eternity cos GEJ/PDP aint falling.come 2014 Primaries, GEJ will triumph in the Primaries, his opponent will be HIGHLY flood just like Atiku. Come 2015 Presidential Election, GEJ will SWEEP Nigeria and HUMILIATE APC/ACN/CPC or whatever again and again. Rubbish
Why this imbecility? Are you of proper genetic constitution or a product of dysgenesis?
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by bigmo1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sec5: My first topic on NL made front page.Somebody say ''BOSS"
Thank Obatala 4 Ʋя stars
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by bigmo1(m): 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
Goddex:

Ole! Keep writing out of point and beating about the bush. For your information, Metuh will be back. It was mutually agreed that the party does as INEC directed so as not to undermine INEC

You can't even create a distinct user ID for yourself. Keep copying "Sincere 9gerian".
"Sincere9erian" is å butt licker and å scum. He is as insincere as they come. ℓ̊ like this dude "sincerenigerian" I think he has more IQ than U̶̲̥̅̊ do.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by Mogidi: 4:15am On Jun 20, 2013
We will never surrender the presidency,

NO SURRENDER

[size=16pt]GEJ[/size] [size=16pt]CARRY GO[/size] [size=16pt]2015[/size]
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by anonimi: 4:40am On Jun 20, 2013
I hope the party can get a more effective replacement.
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by Gbenge77(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2013
Its Good riddance to bad rubbish for Garrulous Metu
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by everyday: 7:51am On Jun 20, 2013
He resigns few hours before he was booted out.That is wisdom
Re: Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman by juwon268(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2013
Best of Luck to Him anyway..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Wale Oke: Osinbajo Is The Light In The Midst Of Darkness In Aso Villa / Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed / #flood Twitter With Buhari’s Achievements, APC Urges Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.