Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black (2277 Views)

Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - / I Dont Think Nigerian Soldiers Can Perpetrate This kind of Wickedness! / South Sudan Locks Out Somalis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Guled100: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
Murusade

Hintire

Looboge

im new here but i know that somalis here dont classify themselves as black africans, do these people on this pics look white, arab etc? NO. their black ok. i just wanted to clear that up.
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by CyberG: 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
LWTMB! grin grin You may want to go to Somalia and ask them! If they claim that they are green, what will you do about it??

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Bros, wetin u go do there?
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by ebankole: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
the question should be: which color do they appear to u?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
ebankole: the question should be: which color do they appear to u?
lemon
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by IGBOSON1: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
They've got a 'complex' issue in more ways than one.
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by cjrane: 12:54am On Jun 20, 2013
What is our concern if Somalis think they are green?
By the way, learn how to to use "They" and "Their". Your poor English makes your post difficult to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by sambos994(m): 3:03am On Jun 20, 2013
And should we care?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Gbawe: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2013
zetdee: Why do you even give a shiite about the non entity called Somali.

Grow up dude. Why insult Somalia? A forum user mentioned them. They did not ask to be made a topic for discussion and insults here.

@Topic. In my dealings with them, I have not discerned that Somalians reject being black. Perhaps some you have met do but you can't claim this to be a general thing.
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Brimmie(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2013
They Are [size=20]Light Black[/size] cheesy cheesy
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by juman(m): 10:53am On Jun 20, 2013
Anyway sha, there are some people from some african countries that don't like to be called african because it's not a good continent. Africa has many bad leaders.

nigeria fail in promoting africa because we (nigeria) are still crawling. nigeria fail totally.
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by WHITE84(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2013
I think the pictures you posted are of an ethnic minority group called Somali Bantu also called Jareer,adons and Moshonguly most somalis dont consider them as somalis i heard. i live in Virginia , usa and most somalis here dont look like the pictures you posted

Somali bantu

somalis with sharper futures
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2013
For goodness sake! Who gives a fk about who they are.. why don't we mind our own business!! What is wrong if they say they ain't this.. I'm tired of reading who is black or not online. An american white sees himself different from a french white or italian.. so why dont I answer nigerian or somalian or south african? instead of this black name or whatever..
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by ektbear: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2013
F*ck 'em
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by WHITE84(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2013
Toaskarity: For goodness sake! Who gives a fk about who they are.. why don't we mind our own business!! What is wrong if they say they ain't this.. I'm tired of reading who is black or not online. An american white sees himself different from a french white or italian.. so why dont I answer nigerian or somalian or south african? instead of this black name or whatever..

I agree with everything you said..i dont get all this crap about Somalisnbeing black or not being black..Africans dont have the "Black/White" racial classifications like in the West..most people identify with their nationality and most importantly their ethnic group...Africa isnt a color.
Re: I Don't Understand Why Some Somalis Dont Think They're Black by Guled100: 1:36am On Jun 25, 2013
WHITE84: I think the pictures you posted are of an ethnic minority group called Somali Bantu also called Jareer,adons and Moshonguly most somalis dont consider them as somalis i heard. i live in Virginia , usa and most somalis here dont look like the pictures you posted

Somali bantu

somalis with sharper futures
Actually their from a tribe called hawiye that have a history of mixing with Bantus. They are discriminated by northern tribes and are called futo madobe meaning black ass. They are not pure Cushitic but are obviously bantu hybrids as u can see from the pics.

(1) (Reply)

Vicious North Korean Dictator Executed His Uncle By Feeding Him To DOGS(PICS) / Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran / Israeli Death Toll Now At Least 70 (graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.