Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World (23099 Views)

Poll: Who is the best Goal Keeper in the world

Peter Cech: 33% (46 votes)
Buffon: 17% (24 votes)
Casilas: 16% (23 votes)
Van Der ser: 32% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Is This The Best Goal Keeper In The World?? Watch Video! / Vincent Enyeama Named Best Goal Keeper In France For 2014 / Is Vicent Enyeama The Best Goal Keeper In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by jaymes(m): 7:59pm On May 12, 2008
I'm an Arsenal fan but, i think currently, Peter Cech is the best! Chelsea defence records speak for themselves when he's in the goal post. i love Buffon and Casillas both though! grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by showbobo(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2008
RALPH FREIDEL (Blackburn) the guy is good.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by paulipopo(m): 11:57pm On May 12, 2008
you guys ought to know that cassillas is no. 1
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Millena(m): 12:30am On May 13, 2008
1.Buffon
2.Friedel
3.Kameni
4.Mukinat2
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Fimmy(m): 1:22am On May 13, 2008
buffon is the best in th world
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Nobody: 1:57am On May 13, 2008
undoubtedly,
Best Ogedengbe of IICC
followed by Emmanuel Okala,
Enugu Rangers
the safest pair of hands
the profession ever produced
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by davidif: 6:24am On May 13, 2008
Iker Cassillas
Gianluigi Buffon

No disrespect to Petr Cech but it seems as if he has lost his confidence, ever since those serious injuries he has had (especially the skull fracture).
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by nikekenny(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2008
Jens Lehman grin grin

1 Buffon
2 Casillas
3 jaskilinas that bolton keeper
4 Robert Green
5 Nino Gomes
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dee02(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2008
agbonivbare
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dee02(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2008
BARUWA
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lordy(m): 12:44pm On May 13, 2008
I'll give it to James of Porthmouth in EPL

Casillas in La Liga

Kahn in the Bundesliga

And Buffon in Seria A

But overall best, I wouldn't know
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by asabi(f): 1:39pm On May 13, 2008
my vote for oliver kahn,followed by peter cech and van der sar

Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dejiavu(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2008
1. Cech
2. Buffon
3. Casillias
4. Vander sar
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2008
Buffon
Cassilas
Cech
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by farobat(m): 7:15pm On May 13, 2008
best goal keeper is

1)mouth
2)brad friedel
3)Alumina
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by c0dec(m): 7:45pm On May 13, 2008
Based on this season,

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Julio Cesar
3. Reina
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by hustler(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2008
c0dec:

Based on this season,

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Julio Cesar
3. Reina

Reina Dats the only blip in ur list. I was beginning to wonder if ppl know Julio Cesar .

I would definitely pick Frey over Reina and even Cech
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by c0dec(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2008
hustler:

Reina Dats the only blip in your list. I was beginning to wonder if people know Julio Cesar .

I would definitely pick Frey over Reina and even Cech

Reina alright. He's been pretty consistent this season based on the games I saw. Frey (a milan target) is another solid goalie. Been solid for years but I did see a couple of f**k-ups from him this season.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by showbobo(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2008
Reina??

Are you a liverpool fan or what
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dreday(m): 12:40am On May 14, 2008
If you guys have been watching football as much as I have been(all leagues), then the answer isn't so difficult.
Undoubtedly,the numero uno of goalkeeping is Iker Casillas.
The guy's reflexes are second to none and he has on more than one occasion single handedly won matches for Los Meringues.
He's been in top flight for 8 years & he's only just 26(in goalkeeping terms,thats like 17)
Nna men,the guy too much
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by quadrillio(m): 1:53am On May 14, 2008
I don't why poeple make their view base on sentoment, when talking of best goalkeeper u should ask yourself who are is defenders so tome

1, Buffon
2, Kahn
3, Casilla
4, Cech
5, Pater James
6, jaaslelein (bolton)
7, Lehnmen
8, Dida
9, Ver der sar
10, Val deze (barca)
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Echidime(m): 7:38am On May 14, 2008
Van Der Sar of Manchester United
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by jigawatts(m): 8:14am On May 14, 2008
Peter Cech is d best goalkeeper in the world, Up chelsea
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by st33ls(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2008
Truthfully, most guys wrote sentimentally. Am A True Blue (CHELSEA) but not withstanding, that doesnt make Petr Cech the best as you guys chose. Meanwhile reviewing the past games in all leagues seria a laliga barclays premiership and all other leagues its hard for me to conclude who the best is. Though we all know tht there are best keepers in each league i mentioned. IKe Casillas in EPL, Guigi Buffon in Seria A while Petr Cech in Barclays Premiership.. And talking about best defenders you all knw the seria A is always ontop. And moreso tlking about defense in the Blue Squad tht doesnt mean Cech can't save goals. Maybe you guys should take a review at our first league match against Birmingham and watch how Cech saved Campo's shot. Or Better s[b]till the shot Arne Riise made from Midfield in the 1st Leg of our premiership game[/b](ALL IN THIS JUST CONCLUDED SEASON). And tlking about Casillas, you need to see madrid's training ground and watch them train where 5 balls would be kicked at once and he has to save 3. Imagine that. So its hard to conclude but if i would still have to put a ranking you should know its amongst those 3.

BEST KEEPER- GUIGI BUFFON BEST KEEPER- PETR CHEC BEST KEEPER IKE CASILLAS

Meaning that they are all best with none above the other wink. I hope you guys would see reasons with me and agree.
NOTHING DO OTHER GOALKEEPERS OOOO
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Christino(m): 1:52pm On May 14, 2008
Quadrillio, you should add Rufai to your list grin

For me the best goalie is Gigi, then Casillas. I'll take Akinfeev before Cech (no hating)
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by gentlegg(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2008
Well, I rarely watch spanish or italian league. Am an purely a premiershiper.

So my rating is simply based on premiership

1. Petr Cech - Chelsea
2. Blackburn keeper (I think Friedel is d name)
3. Jaasklieen - Bolton
4. Van Dar Sar - (Wo)Man United
5. David James - (Portsmouth)
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by eudio(f): 3:48pm On May 14, 2008
my grand father of course, who else? grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by micodon(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2008
it has to be P. cech. the guy is a chairman in front of goal. he's very difficult to beat
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by randa(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2008
i think that rene adler of leverkusen is the hottest at the moment, saw a documentary on keeprs and his save was top draw, included in the program was hulberto gomez of psv, but i believe rene is the hottest at the moment, mind u i also rate iker casillas who i think is madrids player of the season

i watch a lot of other leagues apart from the big four, but for all i have seen for the second part of the european season rene is top pick
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by lapagegirl(f): 9:15pm On May 15, 2008
smileycasillas
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by kokorunna(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2008
Top Four:
Peter Cech - Chelsea
Van Der Sar - Manchester United
Tim Howard - Everton
David James - Portsmouth

grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by trimember: 11:05am On May 16, 2008
vincent enyeama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS) / Ahmed Musa Scores To Rescue Leicester City, As Fans Congratulate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.