Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? (4414 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / How Often Do You Pray?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
See wetin dey worry this one.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by UyiIredia(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
I read books on politics and dwell on how I can help make my country better. I also believe, despite the odds, that Nigeria shall be great. That is my prayer.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ednut1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
prayer has no impact on any country jare, ask dem in china
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by KwoiZabo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
I prayed yesterday using Goodluck as point of contact.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by 4Willywilly: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
Shobayo Emma: In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.
How could you pray for a Devil Headquarter, don't you know that Nigeria is a Devil Paradise on her last days
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by dirifred(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
it a daily thing, everyday
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by dasparrow: 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Shobayo Emma: In my own opinion i think praying for one's country should be as constant as praying for oneself. So dear NLs, i wish to know your stand on this. Thanks.

I used to pray for Nigeria but somehow I stopped because prayers without works is dead. We Nigerians have been praying for Nigeria since time immemorial. Yet, things continue to get worse. My bible tells me in Proverbs 14:34 " Righteousness exalts a nation but sin condemns any people" (NIV). Take a look at what Nigeria has become. Moral values are at an all time low even with all the churches springing up at every corner of the street. Many Married Nigerians are cheating on their spouses with reckless abandonment thereby committing adultery and seeing nothing wrong with it.

Most of the single Nigerians cannot engage in courtship without defiling their bodies with out-of-wedlock sex also known as fornication. When unwanted pregnancy occurs, they attempt to abort the pregnancy or give birth to the child and then flush him/her down the toilet like the female university student did.

The young men go to the university and instead of focusing on their studies begin to join cults where they fight and kill rival cults and also molest and r*a*p*e young women on campus at will. Other Nigerians are selling and buying human body parts in an attempt to get rich quickly without hard work. Many women are selling their bodies so they can afford the latest blackberry, hair weave, brand name clothing and accessories or a fancy ride that will be bought for them by their rich already-married sugar daddies. Many Civil servants are collecting all forms of bribe from the ordinary man if not they won't do the job they have been hired for and are paid to do. Corrupt politicians continue to loot our treasury dry while the masses languish in poverty. Tribalism equally continues to thrive in Nigeria. Child sexual molestation is at an all time high in Nigeria and the perpetrators are never given stiff penalties for their crimes.

And we think the Ancient of days, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, the I AM that is also known as Jehovah is not watching? We think that as a people we can live our lives anyhow from Monday through Saturday and then run to church on Sunday to raise up soiled hands that we are praising God? Who do we think we are deceiving? As far as Nigeria is concerned we are a lost cause. If we don't repent as a nation - no matter the prayers - we will self destruct and I personally will make sure I am back out of Nigeria before that happens.

6 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by juman(m): 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
Praying for nigeria! No and No.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
no matter the situation in the country we should know that we that can bring the change. Maybe we can start by saying GOD BLESS NIGERIA each day.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by juman(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Shobayo Emma: no matter the situation in the country we should know that we that can bring the change. Maybe we can start by saying GOD BLESS NIGERIA each day .

Instead say God break nigeria each day. nigeria is a illogical country, so called leaders destroyed it..
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by redsun(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Praying for yourself is as good as praying for yourself,because if you are good,your country will automatically be good.

It is all in your hands
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by KriTic24A: 12:19am On Oct 11, 2013
Prayer for Nigeria? Which Country be that...where dream perishes...

...stinking...handkerchief...
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 11, 2013
Prayer for Nigeria: May Almighty God punish our corrupt leaders and may God let peace reign... God Bless NG
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:09am On Oct 13, 2013
God bless NIGERIA: is that too much to say?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2013
3seconds ago
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by EnairatofroUK: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
15yrs ago
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by iamswizz(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
I prayed for biafra today.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Mayany(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
I did that Today its compulsory in my church every sunday 9ja go beta let's keep praying

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
I USED TO, AND FOOLISHLY TOO
UNTILL IT DAWNED ON ME THAT THE PROBLEM WASNT SPIRITUAL
ITS JUST A COUNTRY FULL OF FOOLISH PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO DO WHATS RIGHT

4 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by fuckluv(f): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2013
I dey pray for am lowo lowo bayi bayi. Na hin I say make I type tell ya sad
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by scobaba: 11:15am On Oct 13, 2013
As catholics....we pray for our country Nigeria every sunday @ least.

So I prayed for Nigeria 2hours ago. grin.

However, I don't remember Naija in my personal prayers. lipsrsealed
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nomski0(f): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2013
Prayer for Nigeria in Distress...i say it everyday in morning mass.smiley
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by greaterlove(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Everyday, but the best prayer is in doing the right thing.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2013
I prayed for my country today @ church.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by Sermwell(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2013
K
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by nairaman66(m): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2013
53 yrs ago!! grin
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by creamyanne: 11:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Today in church, when we said d catholic prayer titled ''Prayer 4 Nigeria in distress''.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by prettyboi1(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2013
I did pray for my country,Nigeria this Morning. I do it everyday except when I forget. Although, I hardly forget.
Regardless,we need to get working. Work & commitment are what Nigeria needs primarily.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by prettyboi1(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2013
greaterlove: Everyday, but the best prayer is in doing the right thing.
I totally agree with you.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by stantob(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2013
Last year October.
Re: When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? by greatgod2012(f): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2013
This morning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Realities Of The Heavenly Kingdom Of Jesus Christ / What Does Christmas Mean To You? / What Are the 'Spirit/s Of Poverty'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.