Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Airtel Network Is A Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Network Is A Scam (2058 Views)

5 Highly Exciting Things About The Airtel Network Recently / How To Get 80MB With N100 On Airtel Network / Activation Of Internet On Blackberry With Airtel Network - How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
Good day people, I received a text message from airtel ''GOOD news!!! You can now take up UNLIMITED Blackberry bundle for only N1,500 ONLY! Dial *440*16# to subscribe for 1 FULL month today!'', so I felt it was cheaper than my MTN so I decided to subscribe on tuesday mornin which was 18th june 2013, and received a message that read ''Dear subscriber, your current Airtel Unlimited Blackberry Monthly service expires on thu 18 Jul, 2013. To disable auto renewal, please send stopautorenew to 440'' .
It felt so cool having an unlimited data bundle, and thought of downloading enough movies on my BB felt good. To my suprise, by 6:55pm the next day which was 19 jun 2013, my BB stopped browsing and pinging, and I was surprised, cos i have not even downloaded up to 3-movies that were not even up to 150MB.

I called AIRTEL customer service, and tried explaining to the person thru the phone, before I say anythin about the unlimited data bundle not browsing, they will just hang up, it happened when I called up again, even to the fifth person. The one that even managed to talk with me said that I may have exhausted all the bundle, I was like Huh (in one day) tot it was unlimited? and even the normal 1gig that they do give for N1400 do last me over 3-weeks, how can unlimited data plan finish in just a little over 24-hours, or is the term unlimited redefined? Before i could say anything again, the guy said thanks for choosing AIRTEL, the best network...i said i'm not through with talkin, and he just hung up on me.

I tried callin them again and the same thing happened even to the 3rd person, no body is sayin anythin, and no body is helpin, not until one kind lady said she will work on it, and that was yesterday mornin, she said in 12-hours everythin will be fine, and its been over 24-hours now and still not browsing.

So brothers and sisters, please if u love your money and do no wish to be scammed, pls do not subscribe to any airtel crap, cos its all scam and 100percent fake, and to crown it all, their customer service is poor and they have no respect for their customers. I am through with that fake network, and to think i was about porting to airtel with my MTN, that would have been my greatest mistake. So please be warned, and if there is any way i can report this scam, i will do, cos this is too bad. Please spread the news, AIRTEL is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Timcy01(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
Same thing happened to me and i posted it here. www.nairaland.com/1331486/airtel-scammed-me
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Timcy01: Same thing happened to me and i posted it here. www.nairaland.com/1331486/airtel-scammed-me

do u know the NCC helpline's phone number
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Francheezy(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
d same way dey deduct airtym from two of my airtel sim cards
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by obyrich(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
I'm interested in the customer relations aspect of your post. The AIRTEL management dont know what competition is. Whereas MTN is rewarding their customers 1000 minutes ON-NET airtime, AIRTEL is busy warning their customers of an impending doom of losing their line by 30 June. FOR THIS REASON, I WILL NOT REGISTER MY AIRTEL LINE! After June 30, they will know how many customers they really have. They steal airtime, steal data bundle, treat staff shabbily, treat customers like poo yet they want money.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Panshow(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Regarding their customer care, I can strongly attest to that. Airtel have the most poorest customer care services. Just this morning, I called them to lay a complain, to my greastest surprise, all they could do is to tell me that I should hold on, they will run a check on my line & after some time, they'll hang up. The last person I spoke with was even funny. I didn't even finish explaining my proble to her and all she could say is "thank you for choosing airtel".
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
obyrich: I'm interested in the customer relations aspect of your post. The AIRTEL management dont know what competition is. Whereas MTN is rewarding their customers 1000 minutes ON-NET airtime, AIRTEL is busy warning their customers of an impending doom of losing their line by 30 June. FOR THIS REASON, I WILL NOT REGISTER MY AIRTEL LINE! After June 30, they will know how many customers they really have. They steal airtime, steal data bundle, treat staff shabbily, treat customers like poo yet they want money.

Airtel network is crap, n i dont think i will even register my sim anymore. They can all go to hell
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Panshow: Regarding their customer care, I can strongly attest to that. Airtel have the most poorest customer care services. Just this morning, I called them to lay a complain, to my greastest surprise, all they could do is to tell me that I should hold on, they will run a check on my line & after some time, they'll hang up. The last person I spoke with was even funny. I didn't even finish explaining my proble to her and all she could say is "thank you for choosing airtel".

wishing i could just lay my hands on one of those AIRTEL customer service staffs
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Francheezy: d same way dey deduct airtym from two of my airtel sim cards
this is the most annoying of itAll. Thats why, i have decided not to load that stinky airtel line again. All nigerian networks are rubbish
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by adefemi007(m): 6:20am On Jun 22, 2013
lrguru:

wishing i could just lay my hands on one of those AIRTEL customer service staffs
u mean the "female" customer service staffs grin
lrguru:

u mean the "female" customer service staffs
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Randerl: 8:02am On Jun 22, 2013
Airtel Data Plans n BIS is like trying to Eat Ur Chicken from Mr. Biggs lnside the Ultra Filty Gutters of Ajegunle.

So Airtel in Hindi Means, No Value For Ur Money Spent.

lrguru: Good day people, I received a text message from airtel ''GOOD news!!! You can now take up UNLIMITED Blackberry bundle for only N1,500 ONLY! Dial *440*16# to subscribe for 1 FULL month today!'', so I felt it was cheaper than my MTN so I decided to subscribe on tuesday mornin which was 18th june 2013, and received a message that read ''Dear subscriber, your current Airtel Unlimited Blackberry Monthly service expires on thu 18 Jul, 2013. To disable auto renewal, please send stopautorenew to 440'' .
It felt so cool having an unlimited data bundle, and thought of downloading enough movies on my BB felt good. To my suprise, by 6:55pm the next day which was 19 jun 2013, my BB stopped browsing and pinging, and I was surprised, cos i have not even downloaded up to 3-movies that were not even up to 150MB.

I called AIRTEL customer service, and tried explaining to the person thru the phone, before I say anythin about the unlimited data bundle not browsing, they will just hang up, it happened when I called up again, even to the fifth person. The one that even managed to talk with me said that I may have exhausted all the bundle, I was like Huh (in one day) tot it was unlimited? and even the normal 1gig that they do give for N1400 do last me over 3-weeks, how can unlimited data plan finish in just a little over 24-hours, or is the term unlimited redefined? Before i could say anything again, the guy said thanks for choosing AIRTEL, the best network...i said i'm not through with talkin, and he just hung up on me.

I tried callin them again and the same thing happened even to the 3rd person, no body is sayin anythin, and no body is helpin, not until one kind lady said she will work on it, and that was yesterday mornin, she said in 12-hours everythin will be fine, and its been over 24-hours now and still not browsing.

So brothers and sisters, please if u love your money and do no wish to be scammed, pls do not subscribe to any airtel crap, cos its all scam and 100percent fake, and to crown it all, their customer service is poor and they have no respect for their customers. I am through with that fake network, and to think i was about porting to airtel with my MTN, that would have been my greatest mistake. So please be warned, and if there is any way i can report this scam, i will do, cos this is too bad. Please spread the news, AIRTEL is a scam
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Randerl: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2013
Hell Yea. Thats the domain of Hell.Tell

lrguru:

Airtel network is crap, n They can all go to hell
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Randerl: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2013
Indian Best Business Practice n Ethics as taught at Indian Biz Schs.

obyrich: They

1. steal airtime,

2. steal data bundle,

3. treat staff shabbily,

4. treat customers like poo

5. yet they want money.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Tnot(m): 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
I've sent some messages to NCC through there Facebook page to let then know that Airtel monthly unlimited BIS is a Scam.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Tnot(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
lrguru:

do u know the NCC helpline's phone number

You can contact then through there facebook page.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by sampaio6(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
the same thing happen to me. am waiting for some days to get back my data if i could not get it within that day, i must dealth with their staffs or their cable. they cnt do away with my #1500!!!
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
adefemi007:
u mean the "female" customer service staffs grin
u mean the "female" customer service staffs

yea!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
sampaio6: the same thing happen to me. am waiting for some days to get back my data if i could not get it within that day, i must dealth with their staffs or their cable. they cnt do away with my #1500!!!

my phone is still not browsin, its really terrible...
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by hamedade2000(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
Airtel wld not know peace...n may dia filthy ass be kicked backed to India...Amen. I called dia CC up to 7 tyms b4 subscribing to be sure d plan z truely unlimited n dey all assured me. Den I subscribed on thursday afternoon only for d bb service to stop on friday. N all dia CC cld provide as solution has bin dah I shd wait for 24hrs. Plz whoeva knows d NCC fcbk page shd drop it. Guess dah shd be d nxt step.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by phiszo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
@MOD. FRONT PAGE PLEASE
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by samilo88(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
@mod these are d kind of topics that should make front page so we can prevent other people from falling victims to this airtel fraud.. I too fell a victim, they comot my 1400, mb I no see, browse I no fit browse. I have called and called sotay them don blacklist ma number dem no dey gree pick my call but if I call wit and a airtel line dem go pick.. Anyway I know where their cable dey for my area, since them no fit refund 1400 dem go use hundreds of thousands take repair d network cable.. Useless network..
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by obyrich(m): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
samilo88: @mod these are d kind of topics that should make front page so we can prevent other people from falling victims to this airtel fraud.. I too fell a victim, they comot my 1400, mb I no see, browse I no fit browse. I have called and called sotay them don blacklist ma number dem no dey gree pick my call but if I call wit and a airtel line dem go pick.. Anyway I know where their cable dey for my area, since them no fit refund 1400 dem go use hundreds of thousands take repair d network cable.. Useless network..
Please don't vandalise their installations. Just find a way of lodging your complaints with the NCC. I think they may help you. Truly AIRTEL is annoying.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
obyrich: Please don't vandalise their installations. Just find a way of lodging your complaints with the NCC. I think they may help you. Truly AIRTEL is annoying.

they are really annoying i tell ya
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by sampaio6(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
samilo88: @mod these are d kind of topics that should make front page so we can prevent other people from falling victims to this airtel fraud.. I too fell a victim, they comot my 1400, mb I no see, browse I no fit browse. I have called and called sotay them don blacklist ma number dem no dey gree pick my call but if I call wit and a airtel line dem go pick.. Anyway I know where their cable dey for my area, since them no fit refund 1400 dem go use hundreds of thousands take repair d network cable.. Useless network..
Evan myself, am only giving them a week and if my data or my #1500 not returned back, i will defnately arrange some boys destroy their cables and deal wit any of their staff seen.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by ChristKid1: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
What's you guys problem? Is it that your so called unlimited data has been exhausted? Yea that sucks.

Or that its not browsing at all? If its not browsing yet, simply load N100 and subscribe for the daily 10mb plan to activate it and you're good to go. pls don't vandilise airtel installations. It still works for some

sign
president KAN. (kids accociation of Nairaland)
tongue
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by freemanbiz(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2013
In march this year 2013, Airtel Nigeria Scam (ANS) removed my remaining 1.8GB and till date did out return it. Just yesterday, being 3rd July, 2013 airtel made away wit my 3GB of N5000 (hard borrowed cash) Airtel is a scam.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by aadejesu: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2013
I bought the 1500 data plan, and I was given 2gig. like that wasn't enough, I have not used more than 200MB of that 2GIG, the network is so bad it cant download anything. its true, airtel na pure ojoro. please give me the NCC number make I report
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by kay4cashmoney(m): 9:11am On Jul 07, 2013
Exactly what happened to me too with airtel unlimited, it's just a scam package. I av forwarded d case to NCC & blasted them on their twitter account.
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
airtel needs to be taught a very good lesson i tell ya
Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by networkgenuis: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
lrguru: airtel needs to be taught a very good lesson i tell ya
This Airheadtel people must be doing something crazy to have this number of angry customers in 1 page shocked
Till tomorrow, MTN still remains the best network in Nigeria, though many people won't agree with me, but that's the hard truth.
But you guys should always check for terms and conditions of any data package from these network providers before rushing to subscribe to any of them. Also endeavor to check for reviews of such package especially from Nairalanders before subscribing. The rate at which they employ deceptive marketing to scam Nigerians is alarming cry

1 Like

Re: Airtel Network Is A Scam by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2013
networkgenuis:
This Airheadtel people must be doing something crazy to have this number of angry customers in 1 page shocked
Till tomorrow, MTN still remains the best network in Nigeria, though many people won't agree with me, but that's the hard truth.
But you guys should always check for terms and conditions of any data package from these network providers before rushing to subscribe to any of them. Also endeavor to check for reviews of such package especially from Nairalanders before subscribing. The rate at which they employ deceptive marketing to scam Nigerians is alarming cry

in my area Ogijo, etisalat rocks like craze. The only problem is, their data plan quickly gets exhausted compared to that of mtn.

(1) (Reply)

All In One Tecno discussion Forum / Pls How Can I Watch Video Online With My Nokia E5? / Android Phones Below 10000-top 5 Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.