Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience (1224 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience by milkymesh: 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
I am currently shopping online for a good salvage car to buy from the US. However, I am sort of apprehensive about it. Anyone who has an experience should please share it here with me.
If I buy a salvage 2007 Toyota Avalon for say $700 how much will it cost me to clear it from the port. I have been able to do a little research on other fees like auction fee etc but will like to know other hidden dangers so as to know if the risk is worth taking.
I will appreciate any contribution. Thank you.
Re: Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience by BizBooks(m): 1:24am On Jun 22, 2013
milkymesh: If I buy a salvage 2007 Toyota Avalon for say $700 how much will it cost me to clear it from the port.

2007 Avalon for $700? Impossible. Even if it was damaged beyond repair, you cannot get it for
$700. I am knee-deep in that process at the moment. You can read more about my experience
at this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1331085/actually-get-cheap-good-car
Re: Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience by Emperoh(m): 9:49am On Jun 23, 2013
milkymesh: I am currently shopping online for a good salvage car to buy from the US. However, I am sort of apprehensive about it. Anyone who has an experience should please share it here with me.
If I buy a salvage 2007 Toyota Avalon for say $700 how much will it cost me to clear it from the port. I have been able to do a little research on other fees like auction fee etc but will like to know other hidden dangers so as to know if the risk is worth taking.
I will appreciate any contribution. Thank you.

OP, i hope the highlighted is just an illustration? Cos i don't ever see the possibility of that.
Or do you want to say $7000 i.e seven thousand dollars and mistakenly missed out one zero.

The cost of clearing crashed cars is the same as uncrashed cars. I don't know what in particular you are searching for, but i am here to assist. I have been buying from Copart and IAA since 2009 and i can say i have very good knowledge of the workings of the auction and much more. So feel free to contact me.

@bizzy,

I am really really surprised this is your first experience at salvage auctions?
For a dealer of your repute, your network i thought should be wider that you initially had.

All the same, welcome to the club. I will be contributing to your thread in due course.
Let me put my notes together
Re: Buying Car Online From The Usa: Anyone With An Experience by lineviews: 1:39am On Dec 11, 2013
@ Emperoh, Great Job!

Kindly assist with confirmatory notes on Lexus RX 350, 2010. From your thread, i have come to realise one could get Full Proof discounts buying Salvaged Cars with records. Please help with Pictures of the above spec, Landing cost in Lagos and the clearing cost.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

OEM Toyota Spare Parts Dealers In Abuja / Injector Vs Capurator / Check This Out: Stretched Ford Excursion 'largest Luxury Monster Truck'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.