Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' (2659 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / Where Did His Faith Go? / Three Levels Of Faith, Three Kinds Of People, A Parable From The Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by maclatunji: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2013
This is what someone just said to my hearing. She was a Christian that became a Muslim by virtue of marrying a Muslim man.

What do you think about such a belief? How does it affect the quality of her faith as a Muslim?

What is the position of Islam on the faith of women?

Let us talk about these issues.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2013
Mac the Jihadist, stop setting up confusion. Bible says 'the soul that sins shall die' and 'everyone shall give personal account'. Please concentrate on what you know. No Christian desires 4 wives on earth or the 72 virgins in Lahira. The difference is clear.

2 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ckris; what do you think 'the soul that sins shall die' means? is it the physical death? is it the spiritual death, where is the spiritual death happen and how do you know?
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by golpen(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
I think sometimes, human become so beclouded by some things that gets them foolhardy. For instance, we have very many cases like this, where the only hinderance the couple think they have is the bi-religion issue (that, is if it gives them any worries).

I think marriage is one very delicate decision human can make. It is in the sense that, it reflects in a both's lives no matter how smooth or rough the journey is. It, I think, also has a very great impact in a man's spiritual life, which is very tangible in a man's hereafter.

Islamically, marrying a muslim is under great necessity, as Allah has ordered. Marrying a non-muslim, is logically not so preferable even to the non-muslims. But marrying a person of the same believe is still convinient. But a muslim may befriend a non-muslim, to help her understand the religion to some extent, see the beauty of life and marry her if she is willing to practice. Becoming a muslim because of the marriage is not too good, but she may just end up understanding and liking it if she is not like most bigotic NL non-muslims

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
RoyPCain: @ckris; what do you think 'the soul that sins shall die' means? is it the physical death? is it the spiritual death, where is the spiritual death happen and how do you know?

How do I know? OK. The Bible explains that humans are made of spirit, soul, body. The body is bio, which can be studied in biology, and it can die, but its not the soul. The soul is psuche, and thats how to have psychology. Now, the soul is the real person that owns its body. A person can decide, within the invisible soul, whether to walk, sit, or do whatever, and the body will perform, unless the body is ill. Plants have bodies, animals have bodies and souls, but only himans have body, soul, and spirit. Every soul decides whether to read the Bible or not. Souls are active in dreams when the body is tired and asleep, even in physical death.
I never try?
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by Mintayo(m): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
maclatunji: This is what someone just said to my hearing. She was a Christian that became a Muslim by virtue of marrying a Muslim man.

What do you think about such a belief? How does it affect the quality of her faith as a Muslim?

it is not true...it is a misinterpretation!
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by deols(f): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
She could end up a v. good Muslim. I have seen that.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by maclatunji: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
deols: She could end up a v. good Muslim. I have seen that.

I can't give all the details of her story here but she seems to be someone who could turn out to be a very good muslimah in future.

In addition, I would love for us to focus on the principles behind her comment and thinking in Islam.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tbaba1234: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
maclatunji: This is what someone just said to my hearing. She was a Christian that became a Muslim by virtue of marrying a Muslim man.

Often times, such women become better muslims than their husbands but it could work the other way if there is no true conviction.

In Islam, the wife does not have to convert but it means that the man has to work extra hard to make sure his children are muslims.

A person who goes into such a union where his wife converted to marry MUST be knowledgeable and patient enough to teach her the ropes. Otherwise, she would only be a nominal muslim or worse, fall into kufr.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by cleanvessel(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
tbaba1234:

Often times, such women become better muslims than their husbands but it could work the other way if there is no true conviction.

In Islam, the wife does not have to convert but it means that the man has to work extra hard to make sure his children are muslims.

A person who goes into such a union where his wife converted to marry MUST be knowledgeable and patient enough to teach her the ropes. Otherwise, she would only be a nominal muslim or worse, fall into kufr.

Most of the women from christian homes who married muslims convert their husband to Christianiy. Some of them succeed converting only their children. My blood sister is an example. She did it at the time of ignorance though.

This is how it usually happens: a woman from a Christian home will still have christian relations doing things together - naming, wedding etc. Her children will be there listening to christian sermons.

There is no way the children will hate Christianity. Christianity has a force that is inviting if you move close to it. It has the liveliness that cannot be easily ignored by the good and tender hearted: is it the manner of prayer that is authoritative or the worship singings that swell up the head and the heart? Before you know it the children will be bent on going to the church. This is no sentiment.

I heard an islamic preacher on radio sometime ago. He said 'don't marry their children, she will eventually turn you and your children to kiriyo' (derogatory way of calling christians). I believe he was talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tbaba1234: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
^ It is very rare to see knowledgeable muslim leave Islam for Christianity. It is near impossible. On the contrary, I know quite a number of Christians who went to divinity schools in the west but are now muslims.

It is like leaving rationality for something that doesn't make sense and depends emotion -
laden arguments akin to crossing the road blind folded. There is a reason why christianity is suffering in the west and Islam is growing.

That is why you can not stand on the merits of your faith but spend most of time bashing Islam as if that makes your religion true.

I was exposed a lot to christianity infact I read the bible before I read the quran. And,I know more about christianity than most christians on Nairaland.

It only reinforces my faith in Islam. I do not go around writing about christians, I promote my faith.

I have studied Quran extensively as well and there is nothing like it. The book is beyond the productive capacity of a man, it is just mind-blowing.

There are hundreds of thousands of evidences in the Quran in just its language alone, it is an incredible book.

Everything that matters makes sense, I don't have to use sophistry like many of you guys.

4 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by cleanvessel(m): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
I said Christianity is inviting to the 'good and tender hearted'. I used the phrase on purpose. I didn't mean people with Pharaoh's heart.

Yes, the west is falling in christian faith. The world loves darkness more than light. Jesus said when I come back, shall I find faith? (Luke 18:cool .Yes, it is happening.

The road to heaven is very narrow and only a few people are on it (Mat. 7:14). The multitude in false religions of the world are not there.

That (religion) which is highly esteemed among men is an abomination to God (Luke 16:15). False religions will expand greatly as the end time draws nearer because many shall be deceived.

I feel very uneasy when I see people swimming in satanic deception and there is noway of correcting them that will not look as oppossing them. The Bible warns that if a watchman fails to blow the trumphet when danger is coming, the people will die, but their blood God said He will require from him (watchman).

You may hold the quran in high esteem, yet there are many unanswered questions and their answers will make a sincere person think twice. God has ways He had been dealing with His prophets and when there is a prophet whose messages and actions fall short of God's standard, it is the duty of the watchmen to blow their trumphet to avert danger.

I discovered from the word of God that He didn't appoint His prophets through angels. It is like a president of a country sending his messenger to appoint a minister on his behalf. Angels are God's messengers. Something must be wrong somewhere.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
Christianity allows people to CHOOSE to remain a Christian, or quit.
Please does Islam tolerate that kind of liberty?
Many are too afraid of what they call 'ridda', that is to behead anyone that renounce Islam. If tb123 denies this I have video of a Nigerian being heheaded for quitting Islam. Can I post it?
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by Mintayo(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2013
cleanvessel: I said Christianity is inviting to the 'good and tender hearted'. I used the phrase on purpose. I didn't mean people with Pharaoh's heart.

Yes, the west is falling in christian faith. The world loves darkness more than light. Jesus said when I come back, shall I find faith? (Luke 18:cool .Yes, it is happening.

The road to heaven is very narrow and only a few people are on it (Mat. 7:14). The multitude in false religions of the world are not there.

That (religion) which is highly esteemed among men is an abomination to God (Luke 16:15). False religions will expand greatly as the end time draws nearer because many shall be deceived.

I feel very uneasy when I see people swimming in satanic deception and there is noway of correcting them that will not look as oppossing them. The Bible warns that if a watchman fails to blow the trumphet when danger is coming, the people will die, but their blood God said He will require from him (watchman).

You may hold the quran in high esteem, yet there are many unanswered questions and their answers will make a sincere person think twice. God has ways He had been dealing with His prophets and when there is a prophet whose messages and actions fall short of God's standard, it is the duty of the watchmen to blow their trumphet to avert danger.

I discovered from the word of God that He didn't appoint His prophets through angels. It is like a president of a country sending his messenger to appoint a minister on his behalf. Angels are God's messengers. Something must be wrong somewhere.
Shalom.

You r right there,so many questions unanswerd; and a sincere answer will truely make someone think twice,bt d issue is that dis ppl r nt allowed to ask d questions and if they ask,d answer are always biased.
Studying d quran too has raised a lot of question(sincere ones) on my part too and none has provided d answer...coupled with d fear that is been instil into d them.
There are no secrets with d Bible,d Bible is very open for anyone who sincerely wants to knw the truth.
And abt false religion,well we havent seen anything yet,dis is just d begining and it has made me to take d words of Christ more seriously,bcus He said so much abt it.
Infact, the love of many will really wax cold!
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tbaba1234: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
ckkris: Christianity allows people to CHOOSE to remain a Christian, or quit.
Please does Islam tolerate that kind of liberty?
Many are too afraid of what they call 'ridda', that is to behead anyone that renounce Islam. If tb123 denies this I have video of a Nigerian being heheaded for quitting Islam. Can I post it?

What century of christianity are you talking about? The punishment for apostasy in Christianity is death, this was what you did for centuries... A very brutal one at that.

You guys change your doctrine every century, you had a meeting and decided what God is. You pick and choose what part of the old testament, you will follow.

Go and read your history.

The laws of Islam are clear, no one can individually kill a person for converting, if he does it, he is wrong.

There is a laid down procedure for
everything.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by BetaThings: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
cleanvessel: I said Christianity is inviting to the 'good and tender hearted'. I used the phrase on purpose. I didn't mean people with Pharaoh's heart.

Like you guys tag with atheists to applaud the banning of hijab in France and the approval of homo-s marriage in that misguided country
They enjoin what is evil, forbid what is right Quran 9:67

cleanvessel:

If it is narrow as you claim how come people are going into it in droves as you claim
One of your claims cannot be true. Please take it out!
cleanvessel:

Shalom.
and we should hold the Bible in high esteem?
A book that blasphemes? eg Psalm 78:65 A book that denigrates Prophets? eg 1 Kings 1:1
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by BetaThings: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
ckkris: Mac the Jihadist, stop setting up confusion. Bible says 'the soul that sins shall die' and 'everyone shall give personal account'. Please concentrate on what you know. No Christian desires 4 wives on earth or the 72 virgins in Lahira. The difference is clear.
Don't bother
He is not alone, We are ALL jihadists
Every knowledgeable muslim believes in Jihad
Alhamdu li Llah
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ckris;
by ckkris: 2:19pm

RoyPCain: @ckris; what do you think 'the soul that sins shall die' means? is it the physical death? is it the spiritual death, where is the spiritual death happen and how do you know?

How do I know? OK. The Bible explains that humans are made of spirit, soul, body. The body is bio, which can be studied in biology, and it can die, but its not the soul. The soul is psuche, and thats how to have psychology. Now, the soul is the real person that owns its body. A person can decide, within the invisible soul, whether to walk, sit, or do whatever, and the body will perform, unless the body is ill. Plants have bodies, animals have bodies and souls, but only himans have body, soul, and spirit. Every soul decides whether to read the Bible or not. Souls are active in dreams when the body is tired and asleep, even in physical death.
I never try?

i didnt ask but the meaning of the soul that sins shall die and you are telling about 3 parts of human and in all of that effort you rendered 'spirit' irrelevant, unneeded because the soul seems to be the controller and your call the soul the person is a proof. so since you seem to be saying it is physical death, if i read you correctly, then all those who died are sinner? or it is a spiritual death, but you dont know how to explain it or how it works? the spirit is useless by your account so there is no need pressing you on it and because you dont see any use for it, lets say you ckris throws it in the garbage can. agreed?
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by cleanvessel(m): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
BetaThings:
Like you guys tag with atheists to applaud the banning of hijab in France and the approval of homo-s marriage in that misguided country

If it is narrow as you claim how come people are going into it in droves as you claim
One of your claims cannot be true. Please take it out!

and we should hold the Bible in high esteem?
A book that blasphemes? eg Psalm 78:65 A book that denigrates Prophets? eg 1 Kings 1:1

It is not everybody that can get saved. It is only those whose hearts are good and tender and they are few in number when compared to the whole. The truth remains that children from a christian woman have a spark of fire inside them from their mother, which gets easily and quickly ignited to God's words.

There should be nothing special about hijab. It is only a way of dressing by arab women. Did hijab come down from Allah too? Did Allah command the wearing in the quran?

About what you call blasphemy in Psalm 78:65, David was a man, who was making anology about God's anger. 1 King 1:1 you quoted has nothing blasphemous but if you think it is, explain it.

But friend, if the quran is truly the words direct from the throne of God, why are there so many inconsistencies and errors in it? God is not expected to commit errors. Don't you think something is fishing? Or is it because the writer made a guess-work as he could not confirm the recitations from Allah after Muhammad had died? Something again must be wrong somewhere.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
tbaba1234:

The punishment for apostasy in Christianity is death, this was what you did for centuries... A very brutal one at that.

The laws of Islam are clear, no one can individually kill a person for converting, if he does it, he is wrong.
Please which CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURE command death for apostasy?
I have the Koran sura that command 'ridda', to behead anyone that quits Islam. I also have VIDEOS of such beheadings by devout moslems. Videos posted by those moslems.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
BetaThings:
Don't bother
He is not alone, We are ALL jihadists
Every knowledgeable muslim believes in Jihad
Alhamdu li Llah
Well, when you start jihad in Nigeria you will understand the TRUTH. Babangida once said that moslems are unstoppable. Nigerians are waiting. All the hit and run to grab Middle-belt land is not working either.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tpia5: 1:26am On Jun 23, 2013
not sure if this question is meant for muslims only, however, here's my understanding of the issue.

i assume she means she adopted her husband's religion.

technically, you do not become a muslim by virtue of marrying a muslim man, you become a muslim by converting to Islam.

unless i'm missing something.

What do you think about such a belief?

well, its her prerogative.

at the end of the day, its her choice and decision. However, unless the man married her with the express intention of converting her to his religion [ie did he tell her he wants her to convert], i'm not sure why she did so.

How does it affect the quality of her faith as a Muslim?

could go many ways- she could get even more devout than him, she might find it hard to remain in it after a while [especially if he introduces other curveballs], etc etc.

as per assessing the level of her religious conviction, that may depend on who she moves with?

no idea.

i guess they have to be submissive, etc.

done.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tintingz(m): 6:30am On Jun 23, 2013
ckkris: Mac the Jihadist, stop setting up confusion. Bible says 'the soul that sins shall die' and 'everyone shall give personal account'. Please concentrate on what you know. No Christian desires 4 wives on earth or the 72 virgins in Lahira. The difference is clear.
Confused christians...and you will now tell us Jesus died for our sins

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by BetaThings: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2013
ckkris: Well, when you start jihad in Nigeria you will understand the TRUTH. Babangida once said that moslems are unstoppable. Nigerians are waiting. All the hit and run to grab Middle-belt land is not working either.

You are projecting your thoughts, the misinformation and propaganda you are being fed into your posts
Nobody is interested in your land. Nobody takes those to the hereafter
It would be good to make you and your people muslims
The first thing I would be asked is about Allah and my 5 daily prayers
My first jihad is to ensure that I abandon worldly things when prayer is called
The second jihad is to ensure that I refrain from sins
If you are talking about physical jihad, it is not lawful until there is a recognised muslim leader who understand the rules of Islam and know the process of fighting jihad
But anyone who believes that the BH is fighting jihad must also believe that Rev King was carrying the banner of Jesus

2 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tbaba1234: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2013
ckkris: Please which CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURE command death for apostasy?
I have the Koran sura that command 'ridda', to behead anyone that quits Islam. I also have VIDEOS of such beheadings by devout moslems. Videos posted by those moslems.

There is nothing like that in the Quran. I do not care about your random video.

I can forgive you for not knowing the Quran but you should at least read your own book.

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
KJV

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and show thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in theI eyes of the LORD thy God.

THE PUNISHMENT FOR APOSTACY IN CHRISTIANITY IS DEATH...

Not only that... The one trying to convert you is also put to death...

Not only that.... whole cities are to be destroyed..

5 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by tbaba1234: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2013
Before you say old testament, read what a famous church theologian feels.

Thomas Aquinas (1225–1274) Like Augustine, Thomas Aquinas holds "that one who has been justified by grace stands continually in need of the grace of God, since the justified can turn away and be finally lost."Aquinas stated that heretics should be given the death penalty if they could not be redeemed by the Church, stating, "About heretics there are two things to say. Their sin deserves banishment not only from the church by excommunication but also from the world by death." (paul, william, Apostasy, WWJD)
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by BetaThings: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2013
cleanvessel:

It is not everybody that can get saved. It is only those whose hearts are good and tender and they are few in number when compared to the whole. The truth remains that children from a christian woman have a spark of fire inside them from their mother, which gets easily and quickly ignited to God's words.

So most of the people you claim you are converting in droves are going to hell? I see
cleanvessel:
There should be nothing special about hijab. It is only a way of dressing by arab women. Did hijab come down from Allah too? Did Allah command the wearing in the quran?

Arab women? Have you ever read the Qur'an. 24:31 in particular? What do they really tell you guys in those churches?
The other day someone said Islam recommends that we should not waste water because water is scarce in the Middle East
But now the hijab is prescribed for the Arab women in the hot desert!
Why do you guys get into this creative mode to interfere in Muslim matters
Can you give me JUST ONE reason why it should matter to you what muslims wear?
I don't like those figurines in your churches. But have you ever seen me start a movement to legislate on it?

Even if it is for Arab women, why should it be the problem of Christians if non-Arab women want to wear it
we have never stopped your women from wearing spaghetti to church
Do you really think Muslims should be prescribing where you should build your church, the architecture of your covent, or the length of your priests' cassock and the design of your habit?

And BTW, your alliance with atheists to forbid good (modesty) and enjoin evil (sodomy) thrives
Congrats

cleanvessel:
About what you call blasphemy in Psalm 78:65, David was a man, who was making anology about God's anger.
1 King 1:1 you quoted has nothing blasphemous but if you think it is, explain it.
I spoke about blasphemy God and denigrating Prophets
God awoke as if from a drunken stupor!!! God? Analogy?
Really? Seriously if somebody made such analogy about your dad, would you be civil? and we are talking about God. In a holy book? Not in a gathering of the inebriated!!
Or that solution to David's problem is proper? Get a lady to lie with a prophet to keep him warm?
Do you know what this can lead to. I was only cold. I was only bitterly cold. I did not intend anything bad!
Please What is fornication and philandering?

cleanvessel:
But friend, if the quran is truly the words direct from the throne of God, why are there so many inconsistencies and errors in it? God is not expected to commit errors. Don't you think something is fishing? Or is it because the writer made a guess-work as he could not confirm the recitations from Allah after Muhammad had died? Something again must be wrong somewhere.

Thank you.
No Christian is able to practise the Biblical injunctions
Has any group of Christians been able to turn the other cheek?
Have you ever stopped converting by the sword. You did it recently in Iraq

If you want to compare - take time to study
1. the stories of Joseph in both the Bible and Qur'an
2. the stories of the immaculate conception in both books
And tell me which one is more dignifying

3 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by BetaThings: 8:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Nobody should be talking about that OT/NT dichotomy here
Otherwise it would be right to steal, murder, have another god etc

Luke chapter 18

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Whether said in response to a ruler or a young man, the injunction is to follow the commandments and that include slaying apostates

Mathew chapter 19

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by golpen(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2013
^^^

And besides, how do I question Allah's hate and anger on the jews and christians?..they are the most hypocrytic of humans, spoiling the land. And they are very perfect at manipulations.

When you tell them the truth about what the bible says and they find it as relegating the christian image, they say it is old testament, forgetting that Jesus christ himself, said (in the bible)that he has not come to nullify THOSE laws, but to enforce it.

The funny but logical thing is, that their pastors' prayers are still being answered. Let them paste a picture of an actor (who acted Jesus) in their rooms and pray to him, let them call the name JESUS as if that was the name given ti that man himself, but thank God linguistic has never noticed a pronunciation of "J" in hebrew or aramaid (the native language of jesus). Afterall, that is the only means they (pastors) have to acquire their private jets.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by truthman2012(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
tintingz: Confused christians...and you will now tell us Jesus died for our sins

Oh no! You didn't get it right. When you give your life to Jesus, you confess your sins and forsake them. If you truly believe He is your Lord and Saviour (which is usually the problem` your sins are automatically forgiven. But if by mistake you sin again, Jesus will help an advocate. I can sense what your next question is: what about those sinners who lived and died before Jesus. Simple.

[1 Peter 3:18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

[1 Peter 3:19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Those who lived and died before Jesus had the opportunity of hearing the gospel from Jesus Himself. Those who accepted him among the dead would be delivered from the power of Hell. Jesus is so good, He even cared for the dead.

1 Like

Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by ckkris: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
Matthew 5:17, Jesus fulfilled the LAW.

EXAMPLE.
Law keepers caught a woman in the act of adultery, and brought her to Jesus, John 8:3. He told the woman to go and sin no more. Why? Jesus is the ONE designated, from Genesis 3, to die on her behalf, as a perfect SACRIFICE, to take ALL the punishment of death, Deuteronomy 22:22, for that adultery, and more. This is GOODNEWS.

This is the role of Jesus as The MESSIAH, or Christ. Christianity doesn't plagiarise the Law. Christianity is the Reconciliation of sinful mankind back to a Holy sinless God.
Koran is childish plagiarism of the Old Testament that belong to Israel alone. Any person that doesn't surrender to the Lordship of Jesus of Nazareth, will never receive the Spirit of understanding, that makes the Old Testament a delight.

SHALOM.
Re: 'A Woman Has No Faith Except That Of Her Husband' by cleanvessel(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
ckkris: Matthew 5:17, Jesus fulfilled the LAW.

EXAMPLE.
Law keepers caught a woman in the act of adultery, and brought her to Jesus, John 8:3. He told the woman to go and sin no more. Why? Jesus is the ONE designated, from Genesis 3, to die on her behalf, as a perfect SACRIFICE, to take ALL the punishment of death, Deuteronomy 22:22, for that adultery, and more. This is GOODNEWS.

This is the role of Jesus as The MESSIAH, or Christ. Christianity doesn't plagiarise the Law. Christianity is the Reconciliation of sinful mankind back to a Holy sinless God.
Koran is childish plagiarism of the Old Testament that belong to Israel alone. Any person that doesn't surrender to the Lordship of Jesus of Nazareth, will never receive the Spirit of understanding, that makes the Old Testament a delight.

SHALOM.

Oh YES

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ridding Oneself Of Arrogance / Prerequisites Of The Prayer / The Black Man And His Allah (s.w.t) Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.