Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? (9496 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Seun(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2008
I was just wondering who has the best story about how Nairaland has changed his/her life. cool

Have you gotten a job through Nairaland? A husband? House? Salvation? Deliverance? Bliss?
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by smile4kenn(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2008
Whenever am bored, Nairaland is there to keep me busy or playing.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by OgaMadam(f): 12:27pm On May 11, 2008
it hasnt
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by oziomatv(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2008
Nairaland forced me to get closer to nigerians which I'm not used to in real life,
   I use it to get fun each time I'm bored, especially when it's time to fight D-reloaded or Hotfunmi will make my day.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tyna1(f): 12:46pm On May 11, 2008
Since am new here i 'll say am still waiting to see what happens.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by abbgstar(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2008
Hi 2 all, let's try to be sincere, some of us have made great friends through this forum, a lot of fruitful business deals have been made thorugh this forum and quite a lot got their first jobs thorugh information posted here. So who says nairaland has not changed lives.

I got introduced to Stock market through this forum and I know how much I've made (and lost!). I was influenced to get my first satelite dish through posts on Free - to - Air and ever since then I've been an addict to FTA.

Personally, I think the strong point of nairaland is the ease with which one can easily share and access information and the oppurtunities that come thereafter.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Ajebota(f): 1:01pm On May 11, 2008
abbgstar:

Hi 2 all, let's try to be sincere, some of us have made great friends through this forum, a lot of fruitful business deals have been made thorugh this forum and quite a lot got their first jobs thorugh information posted here. So who says nairaland has not changed lives.

I got introduced to Stock market through this forum and I know how much I've made (and lost!). I was influenced to get my first satelite dish through posts on Free - to - Air and ever since then I've been an addict to FTA.

Personally, I think the strong point of nairaland is the ease with which one can easily share and access information and the oppurtunities that come thereafter.

altho am jjc, i quite agree.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by HRhotness(f): 1:15pm On May 11, 2008
Its kept me sane these past months,,, (esp with not being able to access messenger or facebook at work)
I've been so crazy busy and tied to a PC this past couple of months that my social calender is dusty,,,
Nairaland is my sweet escape,,, i only have to log on and read some mindless rubbish to hav a good laugh,,, 
Changed my life? that hasnt happened yet, but it has made it more interesting  grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by dove24u(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2008
Seun:

I was just wondering who has thebest story about how Nairaland has changed his/her life. cool
Nairaland!! cool cool cool
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by NubianQ(f): 1:41pm On May 11, 2008
its helped me network with people and also bring out my crazy side.

i get into cyber fights.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 11, 2008
bought a new car cool
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by bluespice(f): 2:09pm On May 11, 2008
it has helpe when my main social networks are down so i dont get crazy cos i find much crazier people here
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by ayusman16(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2008
I am having eyes problems now cos of spending valuable time glued to the screen of my PC.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by saucekid(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2008
nairaland has helped me meet splendid people and i plan on meetin more ppl
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by dee02(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2008
I met my number one ENEMY on nairaland becoz until then i didnt have one
I bet he/she is an old grumpy clueless fu/ckhead who sits down in front of a clapped out computer fidgeting, playing with his/her Instruments and picking up the NOSTRILS intermittently while waiting for me to put a comment down! (which can then be fed upon, taken too serious and blown out of proportion)

On the other hand, my girlfriend aint too impressed becoz she just cant get her head round the whole addiction, but then shez addicted to FACEBOOK!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by software(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2008
nice place. never a dull moment, grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Raymond88(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2008
If i had a life i wouldn't BE on Nairaland. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tundewoods(m): 4:43pm On May 11, 2008
A Capital " NO "
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by saints2(f): 4:50pm On May 11, 2008
I think we changed Nairaland, Nairaland didn't change us, If not for people that post their minds and quoatas it will probably be in its shadow, To me I have fun especially when am bored and trying to get escape Nairaland and NVS are there for me.

One Love.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by 3dhunter(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2008
still waiting
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tobidaflava(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2008
It keps me updated
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by lalaboi(m): 5:48pm On May 11, 2008
it certainly does change some ppls lives i surpose!  nairaland is as addictive as heroin!
ppl com here for a lot of things! some come here for gals, some for ''cyberfight'', some come to share usefull info and data, make friends, even d yahoo guyz use this site and so on.

it changes lives in a way that u go to college get back and d next thing u do is stay glued to ur monitor! laughing and ppl around think u r in sane! they look at wot u r doin and they dnt understand!  am sure that happens to a lot of ppl.

i was once an addict! but i thank God am not nemore! lol! u get tired when ppl start takingg d piss! no one shows respect and d whole thing starts changing u! and yea u meet good friends and pretenders who sometimes u cnt wait to talk to again, friendly or ''fightinly'' {dnt mind my oyinbo, its in my dico}

evritin just dey ok sha!  bt wen u reach 1 stage, u go just fashi am say ''u get better things to do''  unless u jobless!!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Kajiang02(m): 6:02pm On May 11, 2008
help imrove som biz, for som pple
meet d good,bad n ugly, yeye, beta, fine wohwoh etc,
never stay dull,create problems or react to som created,
share hard times, emotions, boderin questions,
its been good.,.,.,.,
stil i'm yet to get or create d best
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Kemjisuper(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2008
It got me to notice some wicked Graphic Gurus eg. Gamine, Moondust, Sirgai, Justbones, Raymond88, Damseremie, Smartsoft, Realborn, Oyb - the list is almost complete!  grin

Anyways, it's been challenging learning different stuff from these dudes and chics, and of course I'm a better guru myself!

Cheers
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 11, 2008
My church Mind

[size=20pt]I've gotten so many humble servants, and friends here. May Nairaland Live well Until i recover all the money i spent browsing in Cyber-cafes (while checking my replies) till i got connected at home, Ameeeeeeeeeeennn[/size]
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by ogbenyeanu(f): 7:20pm On May 11, 2008
I got to know crazy people from another planet and read their crazier comments. , keeps me entertained and informed, but , R some f u 4 real? cheesy
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nwaka77: 7:25pm On May 11, 2008
Kliplemet:

It made me aware there is such a thing as tribalism grin

It made me aware that there is such thing as rascism grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 11, 2008
it has in many ways
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by LadyT(f): 8:02pm On May 11, 2008
I have had so many laughs on this site.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by oYaTo(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2008
@ HR.hotness I'm in d same shoes as well. . .can't access messenger/facebook at work, and Nairaland happens to fit in nicely. . .

Never a dull moment grin

I can log in at any time and have a good laugh.

Also the fact that u can be totally free to yab anyone anonymously, and at the same time dish out advice while staying objective. . .I guess that's why online forums like nairaland will continue to thrive.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by vicade(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2008
when i am bored, naira land is a resort to cure my boredom because i can always count on someone/something that will just make me laugh especially the stupid topics and more stupid responses. Just so funny
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by buzugee(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2008
well i am a naijaryder transplant. i hope to have fun here. have registered for a while but did not come on regularly because i was enjoying naijaryders. but the place is starting to suck. like people form cliques and only respond to posts or threads of people they know or jock. ughhhh. anyway hope to have fun here sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Have You Survived This Year? / What Is Nairaland All About? / Rainy Season Vs Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.