Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? (9497 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by sbucareer(f): 11:27am On May 13, 2008
x
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by obyann(f): 11:41am On May 13, 2008
I have gained a lot, met all kinds of people you can think of in life. Intelligent, gurus, problem solvers, funny, bad-mouth, gentle etc, all in this forum.

Senu, kudos!! you have changed lives through this forum.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by AKO1(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2008
Nairaland now has over 200000 members!! YAy!

It is a success

I want to meet the admin someday.

Since I got my 24/7 internet access, theres not a day that passess without visiting nairaland.

My experiece in the religion section has been crazy. I've been introduced to all kinds of other doctrines that I didnt know before.
I've met those who 'hero-worship' and those who 'worship false heroes' and those who worship nobody, like Seun. I've learnt to live and let live.
I've learnt to embrace my catholic brothers and sisters and appreciate their dedication, staunchness and togetherness even though I eternally whole-heartedly disagree with their doctrines.
I've come to see that some 'Great Ones' are more aggresive than I thought; poor Seun even had to take cover.
I've learnt religious tolerance.
I've learnt inter-denominational tolerance.
I've learnt that I am very intelligent, as young as I am.

Nairaland changed my life, but not very dramatically.

I'd advise Seun to ADVERTISE more because this site is not as popular as I thought.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Elgaxton(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2008
Arrrrrrgh,

Nairaland has thought me self control cos some pple here can really be annoying

especially the dem Stingy Uk pips (just joking grin cheesy).

I've met nice people here sha and I must commend the Admin for his

good work.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by ademiller(f): 1:32pm On May 13, 2008
nairaland has taught me ow to yab cos many people gat tongues lik vipers undecided
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by tulk2mi: 1:39pm On May 13, 2008
Its like another eye @ d back of my head, makes me c issues in another perspective and most of the people here hv a cute sense of humour dat makes an interesting browsing xperience when u r bored.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by woommy(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2008
its simply fun
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 13, 2008
babaogun:

Yeah, I also forgot, we can use nairaland to raise used items, new items, etc for charity…we still throw away a lot of our useful items forgetting people who need them more than the thrash can exist.

I must say this, though i don't need blow the trumpet. . . .that nairaland has brought me closer to lots of interesting individuals, people with similar passion and vision, business partners, etc. I recently received a cheque worth N100,000 for my pet project from a fellow Nairaland member whom i met on this forum some few months back! Once again a big thank you. . .

Lastly, for the much impact, lovely friends and resources etc, I'd say Kudos to Nairaland. . .
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by kalmebad(f): 3:08pm On May 13, 2008
A virus that was about eating into me before my doctor adviced i stay off sometimes
A place for good laugh, still teaching me things i already know and stil learning on few as an addittion
Haven't taught me much except to cope/accommodate some sort of characters one come accross here (People with attitude)
Nevertheless no regret. One nice place, a doze for a dull moment , NAIRALAND IS RECOMMENDED
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 13, 2008
not changed it

but i've definitely got some truly incredible moments on nairaland. it must have been a lovely family bonding picture to see myself and two ELDER (and therefore almost granma-ish) sisters throwing ourselves about and falling on the floor helpless with tears and laughter at some threads. sometimes, all it takes is the title of the thread to throw us in a fit!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR ALL JARE!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by kufreabasi(m): 4:24pm On May 13, 2008
through nairaland,i've been able to aquaint myself with useful informations round naija and meeting peoples of difference tonque,kindred,language,nations an so on.infact it is too much.it's lovely.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by omoovie(f): 4:34pm On May 13, 2008
It gave me an escape to fun on the net since facebook, Y messenger, myspace and utube are totally blocked on my work PC. I'm glad tho. I never really got into facebook and Myspace anyway and I get tired of typing on Y messenger but nairaland helps me connect to the razness of Naija peeps! I LOVE Y'ALL!
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by naijadiva2(f): 5:17pm On May 13, 2008
nairaland hasn't necessarily changed my life but it allowed me to see things from different perspectives.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by neowelsh(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2008
niaraland has help everyone in one way or the other, its a home for nigerians. i have met alot of childhood friends there, thanks to niaralanders for making things happen.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by makavele: 8:17pm On May 13, 2008
NAIRALAND ENABLED me spit in the face of those
who cannot RHYME
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by hilli666(m): 8:37pm On May 13, 2008
Hmmm, Let me see , this site change my life, how?, hmm, emmm, ill have to get back to you guys on that one.
This is very tricky, is this a trick question??
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by quadrillio(m): 1:45am On May 14, 2008
"NairaLand" All I can say is a home for all, Good, Bad, Ugly, Lovely, Wicked, Kind, etc all I can say is that we cannot pray for more better forum
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by acidrop(f): 1:48am On May 14, 2008
it hasent really
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Badman888(m): 4:41am On May 14, 2008
Not at all and would never
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by lobinoxebe(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2008
i gat an idea to buy shares on Nairaland and with that, am Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Geezle(m): 12:18pm On May 14, 2008
i got ideas to get the job I have now, six months on
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Geezle(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2008
@ acid -drop, no offence, u have a large network of friends and admirers from Nairaland, dont u, or they are a bunch of blabbers?
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by divanaija1: 12:36pm On May 14, 2008
undecided has done nothin to ma life.am off d land most o d time though,mayb tha's part o why?
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by sweetcheek(f): 12:40pm On May 14, 2008
I personally have gained a lot on nairaland, i get useful biz tips from them and i get answers to my questions when it comes to business, not as if i am an addict but when i am online i must surely open nairaland.

It keeps one informed and at times even when u go to google out info on the net it brings you back to some of the discussion here for you to get answers to ur questions cos there are lot of useful databases that have been compiled by people and do u guys know what i got a job thru nairaland, seun u are just too much.

More grease to your palms.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by dtwsola(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2008
Change my life? LOL. O boy, you funny o. Nairaland is just one of many forums I visit when I'm bored. It hasn't changed my life in anyway.

Seun, I know you are proud of your website and all, but methinks you're a bit delusional if you think your messageboard can be some sort of life-changing mechanism. There are literally millions of messageboards all over the web.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Dreloaded(f): 3:09pm On May 14, 2008
dtw_sola:

Change my life? LOL. O boy, you funny o. Nairaland is just one of many forums I visit when I'm bored. It hasn't changed my life in anyway.

Seun, I know you are proud of your website and all, but methinks you're a bit delusional if you think your messageboard can be some sort of life-changing mechanism. There are literally millions of messageboards all over the web.

They are some who met their life partners here thus in a WAY it has "changed" the lives of those people. No be so?
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Royce29: 3:22pm On May 14, 2008
If they are millions so!this is ours straight up naija!if it hasn't changed your life fine and good no kwams there. Wanna know what methinks?metheinks you should make ccontributions to every discussion that interests you, you neva know you might actually say sumthin that will change someone else's life for the best. Have a good one mate.
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by eudio(f): 3:44pm On May 14, 2008
if u wanna have a good laugh, nairaland is the place to be.

there is no dull moments and it has a way of easing ones' stress.

cheers
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by Belema08(f): 4:01pm On May 14, 2008
@ lalaboi, yeah right!

Nairaland has affected my lyf cos i laugh more than usual every time I'm on it and everybody in my office keeps wondering what has gotten into me. I have also learnt stuff and have been inspired from peoples experiences and gotten a lot of info.
Seun you have done a wonderful job of bringing Nigerians together! Keep d Green N White Flying.

Proudly Naija
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by acidrop(f): 2:17am On May 15, 2008
Geezle:

@ acid -drop, no offence, u have a large network of friends and admirers from Nairaland, don't u, or they are a bunch of blabbers?

dont get me wrong, i love all my nairaland fans. . . . .but they are my friends, it still changes nothing in my life
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by angel101(f): 10:34am On May 15, 2008
it has not
Re: How Has Nairaland Changed Your Life? by fadenike(f): 10:47am On May 15, 2008
Nairalander are unique people, they have contributed a lot to my development
and help in shaping my life style.

enjoy most in my lonely hours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Don’t Use Drugs, Only Marijuana And Drinks -majek Fashek / What Have You Survived This Year? / Rainy Season Vs Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.