Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Misconception About Who A Christian Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconception About Who A Christian Is (445 Views)

When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / Being A Christian Is A Mistake! / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconception About Who A Christian Is by PeVicelect: 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
I often hear many people say (" the christian killed us, killed our children' and some stuff like that. The problem lies in whom you see as a christian.For clearity sake he is not a christian just because :
1. He has a chrstian name.
2.He is a bishop. or rev or pastor or pope.
3.He carries the bible.
4.He preaches on tv or has visited Israel!.
5.He has christian parents.
JUDGE CHRISTIANITY ONLY BY TWO THINGS
1.The personality of the Lord Jesus Christ.
2.The teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, that of the aposles ACCORDING to the bible.
In Antioch Believers were called CHRISTIANS because they talked, walked, love , work like Christ. (Act -11:26) All of them still carried their jewish names and other identities. If Christ did not do or cannot do what he's doing, he cannot be representing Jesus Christ.
Re: Misconception About Who A Christian Is by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
PeVicelect: I often hear many people say (" the christian killed us, killed our children' and some stuff like that. The problem lies in whom you see as a christian.For clearity sake he is not a christian just because :
1. He has a chrstian name.
2.He is a bishop. or rev or pastor or pope.
3.He carries the bible.
4.He preaches on tv or has visited Israel!.
5.He has christian parents.
JUDGE CHRISTIANITY ONLY BY TWO THINGS
1.The personality of the Lord Jesus Christ.
2.The teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, that of the aposles ACCORDING to the bible.
In Antioch Believers were called CHRISTIANS because they talked, walked, love , work like Christ. (Act -11:26) All of them still carried their jewish names and other identities. If Christ did not do or cannot do what he's doing, he cannot be representing Jesus Christ.

And this is in phones section because ?
Re: Misconception About Who A Christian Is by PeVicelect: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm sorry I've taken it to religion section. How can I remove it from here?
Re: Misconception About Who A Christian Is by honsule(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
Moved from phone section
Re: Misconception About Who A Christian Is by honsule(m): 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
PeVicelect: I'm sorry I've taken it to religion section. How can I remove it from here?

U cannot move it,only a moderator can do that.Am moving it to Religion section right away smiley smiley
Re: Misconception About Who A Christian Is by PeVicelect: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
Its already in religion section

(1) (Reply)

Satan's Convention / The Gestation Of Faith (3) / Documents Show Milwaukee Archdiocese Shielded Pedophile Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.