Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality (1565 Views)

Nigeria's Nollywood Eclipsing Hollywood In Africa / Nollywood Goes To Hollywood / Nollywood Shadows Hollywood In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 11, 2008
All this shoddy trash we call films what are they in creative content and technical production. Lets mirror this showbiz wasteland called Nollywood against Hollywood undecided
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by wendymanda: 6:23pm On May 11, 2008
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Seun(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2008
Because the answer is obvious, right? Visually (cinematography. set design) Bollywood is very close to Hollywood.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by dappsy001(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2008
of course BOLLYWOOD.lol
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Seun(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2008
The reason Bollywood is so successful: they generate so much money from their movies locally.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by thando(f): 7:09am On Jun 22, 2008
bollywood is betta , betta nonsense
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2008
grin haba
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by vodka(f): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2009
really how can you compare? we'r on our way there but i thnk in comparison with hollywood neither comes close just yet
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by JJYOU: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2009
nollywood will get to bollywood in maybe 3009.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by SisiJinx: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2009
Why now, this kind trickery is not good oooh! angry angry

Your topic got me all riled up for nothing.

I thought you were asking a legit question.

JJYOU:

Tee hee hee!!
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by SisiJinx: 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2009
Just to be clear,  I think Nollywood is better.  kiss kiss

I like how the stories never make sense and how the actors always seem to be acting off the cuff. . . it leaves room for creativity and boy do they get creative.

I like how they allow anyone to act, I imagine they just go to a market place and say "We dey do movie for yonder ooh, who wan act? Oya follow. . . wait, wait first you get your own shirt and trouser? Good! Good! Oya come na you go be lead actor"

I like the painstaking effort they put in their special effects, I suspect grinding chalk for white hair  (for old age) and charcoal for the face (For scary face) is not an easy task. I saw Benjamin Button a few weeks ago and I almost died laughing at the shoddy work they did in aging and younging Brad Pitt. . .  Honestly, what was that??!!!

I like how they don't bother to edit the mistakes, this fantastic effect ensures that the audience knows they are watching a movie. All that Movie transporting you to another world crapola is overrated jare.

I like how we can hear people in the background talking and yelling at one another. . . because it makes us know the characters we see on TV are real not cartoon even though their acting is cartoonish at best.

I like how the sound track is always blasting away despite the fact that the actors are talking. Because of this, I have learnt to spin the (volume) dial. . . I am this close to coming out with my own Remix Hit. Look out!!

In Short, I like Nollywood because it teaches.  . .  Yeah, It teaches how NOT to ever, ever, even if your life depends on it ever make movies.

Thank you Nollywood! More grease to your collective elbows. kiss kiss
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by JeSoul(f): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
JJYOU:

Kai! that na long time grin
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by JeSoul(f): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Just to be clear, I think Nollywood is better. kiss kiss

I like how the stories never make sense and how the actors always seem to be acting off the cuff. . . it leaves room for creativity and boy do they get creative.

I like how they allow anyone to act, I imagine they just go to a market place and say "We dey do movie for yonder ooh, who wan act? Oya follow. . . wait, wait first you get your own shirt and trouser? Good! Good! Oya come na you go be lead actor"

I like the painstaking effort they put in their special effects, I suspect grinding chalk for white hair (for old age) and charcoal for the face (For scary face) is not an easy task. I saw Benjamin Button a few weeks ago and I almost died laughing at the shoddy work they did in aging and younging Brad Pitt. . . Honestly, what was that??!!!

I like how they don't bother to edit the mistakes, this fantastic effect ensures that the audience knows they are watching a movie. All that Movie transporting you to another world crapola is overrated jare.

I like how we can hear people in the background talking and yelling at one another. . . because it makes us know the characters we see on TV are real not cartoon even though their acting is cartoonish at best.

I like how the sound track is always blasting away despite the fact that the actors are talking. Because of this, I have learnt to spin the (volume) dial. . . I am this close to coming out with my own Remix Hit. Look out!!

In Short, I like Nollywood because it teaches. . . Yeah, It teaches how NOT to ever, ever, even if your life depends on it ever make movies.

ROTFLOL . . . grin grin grin grin grin If I get chance I for give you Pulitzer for this short classic grin
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by JJYOU: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Just to be clear,  I think Nollywood is better.  kiss kiss

I like the painstaking effort they put in their special effects, I suspect grinding chalk for white hair  (for old age) and charcoal for the face (For scary face) is not an easy task. I saw Benjamin Button a few weeks ago and I almost died laughing at the shoddy work they did in aging and younging Brad Pitt. . .  Honestly, what was that??!!!

In Short, I like Nollywood because it teaches.  . .  Yeah, It teaches how NOT to ever, ever, even if your life depends on it ever make movies.

2 day ago the mrs showed me one they casted a girl not barely 19 as a mum of of 2 teenagers.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by lucabrasi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
JJYOU:

2 day ago the mrs showed me one they casted a girl not barely 19 as a mum of of 2 teenagers.
its possible for a 19 yrs old to have 2 even three kids!
@topic
long stoory short,its bollywood!
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by SisiJinx: 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
He said Teenagers. . . 19 yrs old the mother of TEENAGERS!!

JeSoul:

ROTFLOL . . . grin grin grin grin grin If I get chance I for give you Pulitzer for this short classic grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by JJYOU: 10:14am On Jan 15, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

He said Teenagers. . . 19 yrs old the mother of TEENAGERS!!

grin grin grin grin
thank you my dear. i trust you to always bail me out.

i cant remember the title of one they showed 2 different expensive family homes. one had a scene of someone sleeping on the same bed with same blanket after they have shown 10yrs later. the other had same furniture same flowers and wall calendar after 10yrs.
to crown it up yesternight they couldnt bother covering pillows showing the name of a hotel on okpanam road, asaba. imagine being asked why nigerian hotels write names on pillows because of nollywood.

it is good they make you laugh but my fear is they are giving our country a very bad name.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by lucabrasi(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2009
and you r 100% absolutely sure she is 19yrs old or you assumed she looked like a 19yrs old, just an observation as nollywood movies dont state the age of their artiste unless you personally know the "teenage girl"involved
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by vescucci(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
Haba! I came here full of venom and couldn't find anybody to spit it at.

When Sisi says up, just hear down. You'll get used to it.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Hardballer(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2009
like you dont know the answer
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by spikedcylinder: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2009
Why would I bother with hollywood when nollywood movies are so berluddy fantastic? Have you seen Ini Edo acting? The oscars have been snubbing that lady for far too long I tell ya! angry
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by dolly9: 6:04pm On May 02, 2010
Is it not better to create your own style or be original than 2 copy someone. When will u people stop dis useless comparison between hollywood & nollywood just 2 ridicule the latter.
Who does not  know that all those effects they use in hollywood are fake but u still enjoy and believe them. Besides is America and India not far advanced in technology and in their economy than Nigeria and Africa in general. So what are all dis baseless arguements abt. It is either u choose 2 watch  nollywood or hollywood. Afterall no one will put a gun 2 your head to watch what u detest. I like all the industries cos  they're all unique in their own ways but I'll choose nollywood over both hollywood and bollywood combined. Don't hollywood also glorify indiscriminate sex,nudity and violence etc which has contributed immensely 2 all these social vices in the society.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Thirdborn: 12:02am On May 03, 2010
@Sisi kill and Vesc, i miss u guys o'. Sisi, you no go kill me, that your "i love Nollywood" post was classic, keep it coming.

@dolly9, abeg abeg, listen to yourself for a minute. If you did that occasionally you'd know better.
dolly9:

Is it not better to create your own style or be original than 2 copy someone. When will u people stop dis useless comparison between hollywood & nollywood just 2 ridicule the latter.
Who does not  know that all those effects they use in hollywood are fake but u still enjoy and believe them. Besides is America and India not far advanced in technology and in their economy than Nigeria and Africa in general. So what are all dis baseless arguements abt. It is either u choose 2 watch  nollywood or hollywood. Afterall no one will put a gun 2 your head to watch what u detest. I like all the industries cos  they're all unique in their own ways but I'll choose nollywood over both hollywood and bollywood combined. Don't hollywood also glorify indiscriminate intimacy,nudity and violence etc which has contributed immensely 2 all these social vices in the society.

Hollywood effects are fake? i bet you still wet your pants when you watch some of the killer stuff they've done, you know why? Cos u were convinced. It looked real didn't it? I saw a hit and run accident in a nollywood movie the other day, long story short, my appendix burst. haba now, you sef know say them no try.

India far advanced? Do you know India is still considered a third world country? What the hell are we 9th world? Did kunle Afolayan shoot figurine in India?

Hollywood glorify violence? Wow, i guess all the cultism, armed robbery, hired killings, ritual killings, etc that i've been seeing in Nollywood movies are all Hollywood imports right?

Nobody is saying "don't watch nollywood" but haba, you sef know say we get far far faaaaar to go, so don't hate on people that say it. Blame the people doing it. Shikena.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by obinna5000(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2010
I've seen some Nigerian films that are even better than Indian films in terms of storyline. Indian films just have good picture and technical quality but their films are still very much lacking in terms of storyline.

Not all Hollywood movies are superb. I've seen some Hollywood films that has little or no visual effects but are good in terms of storyline.
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by vescucci(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2010
Dolly9 rhymes with. . . . . if I say F, you say O, another man say L, omo na you sabi. My guy Thirdborn has already stole my thunder. Fake effects. I nearly burst a gut on that one. Maybe I should see this Figurine thing. I've not seen Jenifa yet either. I'm a hopeless hater
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 03, 2010
JJYOU:

oh boy cheesy grin grin
Re: N'wood Vs Bollywood: Which Is Close To Hollywood In Technical N Creative Quality by obinna5000(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2010
JJYOU:

Wow!! Thats so cold.  shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Movies On The Move! / DSTV Offering 50% Slash Promo For November / More Naija Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.