Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,922 members, 7,799,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (720158 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 12:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Wow
100th page and still counting.

Zuby weere ofu chaputa kpofeekwanu U̶̲̥̅̊я homeboy
Odizikwa ka ichefugom eeh?

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 14, 2013
fresh air jare..plainmirror u beat me 2 it
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drsolob(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2013
cool
deemehjee: I was ere
shocked You no dey sleep at all cheesy
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 14, 2013
drsolob: cool shocked You no dey sleep at all cheesy

sleep..iffa hear,nt untl 3 jare.d night has just begun
wetin u sef dey do ere
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 2:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Present, uncle!!!

tongue
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cheruv: 2:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Since he made the century edition happen,I'd make the millenium edition happen.I've already bought some bottles of beer and corpses of roasted chickens in celebration of that edition grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Khayil(m): 4:20am On Sep 14, 2013
asdan(m), bigx(m), Thiannah(f), profoslan
(m), 1forall, sanyababa(m

Una don wake up they copy mystyle abi
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 18wheeler: 4:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Just peeping to see if i can find any..... no problem, i'll wait.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IZUKWU(m): 5:29am On Sep 14, 2013
I wuz hia also.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 6:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Good morning nairalanders.

Oga Zubby well done, you always act like an intelligent SSS man all the time .lol

I see you this morning hoping to read our usual morning dose.

Have a nice day everybody
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 6:42am On Sep 14, 2013
achi4u: Good morning nairalanders.

Oga Zubby well done, you always act like an intelligent SSS man all the time .lol

I see you this morning hoping to read our usual morning dose.

Have a nice day everybody
gbam
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by donigspain(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2013
komek:

Spain, u talk and judge like a confused person.
U saw someone who was doing the wrong thing, u defended him and almost started an e-fight with people from the way you addressed the issue.
Now u have made a sudden u-turn. Pls see evil and deal with it.
My bro, my earlier defence was based on their approach which was rather more of insults than corrections. Please, I don't indulge in e-fights.
@bolded, hmmm, is that so?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Chapter 118

I called Ifeanyi in front of Kola and his gang and brought out a piece of book where I wrote down all the money I had given him. It totalled N15200.

''How much is your money now'' i had asked him.
He said that I had only given him N5000 or so. He was expecting another N15,000 from me...

One problem Nigerians had was that we always expected the people who gave us works to sponsor everything, every damn expenses on the head of the employer so that when we get our own bulk money, we must have spent nothing.

No, Ifeanyi No. In the World of Ozoigbondu, the rules was re-written and as long as it was my operation, my rules must be followed.

''Ifeanyi, the balance of your money is N4,800 and that is what you are getting from me'' i had said while handing him the piece of paper where I had written all the money I gave to him.
He started shouting and that brought Kola and his squad into the matter.

I explained to Kola how much I had promised to pay Ifeanyi and how I had paid the money. He looked at the book and asked Ifeanyi if he had received monies in that manner from me, Ifeanyi said yes, but also said that it wasn't part of his agreement with me.

''We had no agreement of how i was going to pay you. We only agreed that you will get N20,000 from me. If I had given you all the money once, you would have not done your job properly'' I said as I turned to him and asked him to leave my place while handing him the remainder of his money.

He was visibly angry and disappointed. I was sure that he would not have done his job efficiently if I had given him the whole money initialy. We all had that poor attitude in Nigeria, therefore we must protect ourselves in which ever way we deemed fit as long as we fulfil our promises. Our commitment to work hinged around money here in Nigeria.

A school teacher in Nigeria, after working for a month, earned less than N15,000 in 2006. I knew that because my mother was a teacher then. They paid for transport, food and other expenses from that money. Government didn't pay for their transport and others.
However if Ifeanyi believed that all the N20,000 would go to his savings account, he must have been silly.

Kola had told him to leave the premises or the N4,800 he got would be taken from him. That was why he left but not after threatening to have revenge on Ozoigbondu.
I didn't doubt if he could get his revenge on me. Anybody could revenge on anybody. But like I wrote somewhere in the past chapter, if and when I close a deal with you, anything you did after that would be considered a new start and would get its own settlement afterwards.

Good bye Ifeanyi. You did great at helping me to recover my money but it was not free. I paid you.

''Lets meet at good day hotel tomorrow'' i had said to Kola and his gang.
They agreed and left.

My money in their hands was close to N17,000.

I had no idea how to recover it and it was a delicate matter.
I knew that if the 'Operation get my money from Area boys'' failed, living in Surulere would be hell for me. It was their area and I was new.
They already knew my car and my house. Getting their revenge on me could be disastrous.
The only consolation I had was that I had finished 'Operation Chukwudi'' and had paid Ifeanyi off.
I had all the time in the World to plan on how to deal with the area boys.
Ii wasn't really interested in getting my money from them, I was more interested in returning the slap they gave me.

They were already my friends and believed they were protecting me too. I however, I still considered them area boys who had slapped me for nothing.

One thing for sure was that I was never going to be in a haste to revenge on them. They had numbers to their advantage but I had time, yes time to plot.

''He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will definitely be victorious''

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2013
In the World of Ozoigbondu, the rules was re-written and as long as it was my operation, my rules must be followed.

Hmmmmmm. Brain too much. Boss wayo wayo kwa oooooo

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2013
donigspain: My bro, my earlier defence was based on their approach which was rather more of insults than corrections. Please, I don't indulge in e-fights.
@bolded, hmmm, is that so?
Thanks for ur matured answers.

It takes one to be matured.

All eyes are watching everybody.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2013
Ozoigbondu 1 Surulere thanks for the morning refreshment with the end to "operation Chukwudi"

Chukwudi was very lucky he didn't loose to much money as I expected, he also knows that someday the owner of that N200,000 will come calling that's why he only spent only Ñ50k.

Live and let live.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Zubby i greet you, am stil thinking on how the area boys deal go be!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyFlow(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
DEDICATED TO THE THREAD... THERE AND BACK IN TIME!!!

Wait for me when the going gets tough
Carry me with you to world's end
Hold my hands through darkness
Shine a light in front of the tunnel
Though narrow and steep
Your back is full of comfort
Your shoulder is strong enough
My mind a very fast learner
Yes! I was there and back in time
Back to my very motherland

I am the traveler of Naija land
Prevailing where others failed
I bear my father's name
Suckled well from my mother's breast
I don't fight and turn back
My destiny is in my own palms
Everyday comes with a different plan
But I am ever ready to conquer
Even if I fall again and again
I will be there and back on time

Zuby... Mama calls me
Onwa.. Papa calls me
Oziogbundu.. I call my self
Agwatorumber.. Foxy calls me
Criminal Mind.. Others call me
Drug dealer.. Some still call me
Heart of steel.. Ladies always say
The avenger.. Little boys call me
But only me know my name
I was THERE AND now BACK IN TIME

To all the haters of my poem, I follow this tale more than all of you. I am not good at commenting but I sure do know my onions.

For those that look forward to the poem, I hail. Let the haters keep hating. I already made a name for myself.
PEACE OUT MUDAFUCKAS!!!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Emperortj93(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
I was here and i'm stil followin dis thread lyk dat faithful aboki down of una street
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by liljboy(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
OPERATION COLLECT YOUR MONEY FROM AREA BOYS. . . Sitting tight with my alomo and bitter kola.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drsolob(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Viewing this topic: sammy329(m), wingman(m), ZUBY77(m), Breezy90(m), mercylad(m), Welder(m), Cute bliss(f), Insanity (m), geogino(m), carlinks, Marshiro(m), kufzy(m), auschris, abiderx(m), dzjonnie85(m)
ha ZUBY i see you ooh anything for us this afternoon.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chapter 119

The following day after the bus was brought to my house, Maria came. She followed me to a panel beater where we used electric to force the boot of the bus open. Then we drove back to the compound and opened the boot.

Like I had asked Johnson to do, he loaded many bottles of wine and whiskey for me, some used car spare parts, a used freezer, some few tyres and juice.

I called Baba to come.
He came with another one of their members whom I had never seen. They both offload the drinks and other items I wanted to keep in the house, then three of us drove to Ladipo.
Since there was no clear way to get my revenge on them, I decided to be using them for the time being. It would convince them that we were on the same side of the fence.

We sold the Vehicle spare parts instantly but there was no immediate buyers for the freezer. Therefore, we took it to a small park inside Promiseland, a section of Ladipo, and loaded it into a truck going down to Onitsha. I called my brother to take the freezer when it arrived.

Izuu, who used to sell my buses back when I was in Germany was still at Ladipo. I called him to take charge of the bus and sell it for me. Fortunately, there were people whose business was to buy imported vehicles and resell them. We found one of those and sold the bus N580,000. Izuu had wanted me to leave the bus for him so that he could sell it at a higher prize later but I refused. I wanted to close the business at once.

Baba followed me to the bank where I made sure that he saw me deposited the money into the bank. I wanted to make sure he knew that the cash did not follow me to my house.

When we returned, I asked him to call Kola and the other guys.
We met at Good day hotel and as usual, drank and they smoked.

Our bill was close to N10,000 by the time we finished. I also called Baba and his first friend out and gave them N5000 and N3000 cash respectively. Everybody was happy.

When I got home that evening, I was drunk. My Edo girlfriend had cleaned the house properly and re-arranged the chairs. Some women were very good at creating impressions.
Maria was doing much to impress me but I didn't know why I didn't trust her a bit.

When I was younger, I used to swear that nothing would ever make me marry a prostitute but at that stage of my life, I found out that the same things that made me date Jennifer and Maria could have easily made me marry any of them.

Life is not a straight road. It had curves, dangerous curves that would break you if you were not careful. As a result, I learnt not to say what I would do and what I would not do is situations that had not presented itself.

She had cooked rice too. We ate together like we had done severally.

''I am going to Edo state to see my parents tomorrow, would you lend me small money'' Maria said out of nowhere again while we were eating.

I kept quiet. She said she would return on the following Sunday.
I grabbed a large chunk of meat and stuffed it inside my mouth, then I started chewing slowly. It gave me time to think of how to respond to what she had just said.
We were told not to talk while eating, therefore I observed that rule to its fullest while thinking over what to say.

''Where in Edo State do you come from'' I suddenly swallowed my meat and asked.

''Ekpoma'' she said and kept quiet.

''You told me that you traveled there when you returned, What are you going to do there again Maria'' I asked.

''My father had a stroke, I need to see him again before I travel'' she said calmly.

''I will go with you''. I said
She was extremely happy. She even forgot the money She had asked for. As a result, I decided to go there with Atleast N100,000. If she asked for loan, I would give her but not more than N50,000.

We finished our food and talked. I made some calls too before it was time to go to bed.

I was happy that I was able to salvage some money from Chukwudi. Despite the fact that I was determined to get my money from him, I knew all along that I may not succeed.
I also knew that if I didn't wish to spend more money, I may not have recovered the money.

First things first, I needed to think about my journey to Edo State the next day. Apparently we were going with a car. Obviously I was going to drive.
Unbelievably it was going to be on that dreaded Lagos-Benin road.
I would have loved to travel on Maria's Rav4 but since I was going to drive, I preferred a car that I had already mastered.

We were traveling with the BMW. When I told Maria that we were going with my car, she was even happier.
Throughout the night, I monitored Maria. If she left the room with her phone, I would follow her. I was actually monitoring her phone. I wanted to make sure that she didn't make any call down To Edo State to alert them to prepare for anything stupid.
Yes, anything stupid such as organising local boys or telling her people to prepare one charm or the other.

I sent a message to my cousin, telling him that I would be going to Edo State the next day. I sent him Maria's vehicle number and the data in her passport.

''If I don't return in two days or if my phone stopped going for two days, take this message to the DPO at the Sanya Police station'' I had written.

''There is always a part of my mind that is preparing for the worst and another part of my mind that believes that if I prepare enough for it, the worst won't happen''

42 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
gringringrin
ozoigbondu so you can fear like this? ,the last thing Maria could do is to organize a local boys ...for what nah?

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bigx(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
achi4u: gringringrin
ozoigbondu so you can fear like this? ,the last thing Maria could do is to organize a local boys ...for what nah?

She fit sabi Madam Grace

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
I sha dont like d way zubby was creating enemies 4 himself everytym... I op u r a beta person nw shaundecided

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Our people says:NKWUCHA ABUGI UJOR. Preperation for uncertainty is not fear. Zuby dont stop yet.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by komek(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
achi4u: gringringrin

Why him no go fear, no be blood and water him dey use?
No matter how strong and clever you are, they are some factors u consider before doing things and those are the fear.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ayobami52(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
@foxy.. .always kip to this,i love the poem, it aligns with the topic of the thread .....@zubby, ride on bro, I was d one dat just added you on watsapp
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Down at the villa. Will be in town tomorrow evening. Data bundle expires in an hour
If there is no update between now and tomorrow evening,know why.

But of course there is a solution to every given problem.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Udochee(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
No p boss.regards to ndi ulor.remember to down sum villa p'soup
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
I don't like what you did to ifeanyi at all. that's not how to reward someone that did a job well done for you.

5 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Olaleyeolamide: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Zubby wat u did 2 ifeanyi is bad,i dont think i support u on dat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.