Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. (905 Views)

Strange And Risky:Abuja Man Rides Bike With A Woman And Her Four Children(Pic) / Ondo State Experiences A Strange Earthquake / Which Are The Two Languages Every One In The World Understands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
This obsession concerns people's ages. Every time I meet someone I want to know how old he or she is. It literally consumes me; this is the only thing I think about. And I feel the adrenalin rush when someone mentions his or her age. It's exciting. It's my thrill ride. Am I the only one with this obsession? Is it good or bad? If bad, how do I get rid of it?
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by badmeat(m): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
Its an evil spirit!go to TB joshua before its too latesad
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 11:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm looking for serious support and advice. Also, where is TB?
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
Could it be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by ravensckar(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2013
Did I jst hear U say U alwz want 2knw pple's age wen U jst meet dem? u do need a deliverance den.
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
What is a deliverance den? And what do you think of people who lie about their ages? You should go on Huffington Post and read "It's My Birth Date and I'll Lie If I Want To" by Ramona Duoba. What do you think of her? I feel extremely sad for her daughter. Ramona is being very unfair to her own daughter! She is really hurting her! Read the article, and tell me what you think.
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by obyrich(m): 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
TheCharisma: I'm looking for serious support and advice. Also, where is TB?
TB can effectively deal with your case. You can find him in my bedroom at the moment. Welcome.
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by obyrich(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2013
TheCharisma: This obsession concerns people's ages. Every time I meet someone I want to know how old he or she is. It literally consumes me; this is the only thing I think about. And I feel the adrenalin rush when someone mentions his or her age. It's exciting. It's my thrill ride. Am I the only one with this obsession? Is it good or bad? If bad, how do I get rid of it?
You just need to reprogram your brain. Hope you have a diary where you keep record of people's ages? Nothing is wrong with you my dear. Just that you have a talent in demography. Try and develop it. FIFA will find your talent useful in screening overaged players out of their tournaments. Hope to see you in Brazil next year.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by obyrich(m): 12:13am On Jun 23, 2013
TheCharisma: Could it be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
There is nothing obsessive nor compulsive about your behaviour. TB just told me now that you have what is known as 'Uncanny Innate Demographic Talent'. Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 12:26am On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks, Obyrich! You seem like a nice person, and I appreciate your support! I'm Netty, by the way. Anyway, I don't have any actual talent for guessing people's ages or saying just the right thing to get them to spill the beans. I once had a teacher who seemed to me like an old man in his eighties; he was forty-two! It's all curiosity but no talent. Can you please give me some advice, you know, subtle ways to make a person say his or her age? I know about the Chinese zodiac, but that's too obvious. People always figure me out. Anyway, thanks for the support, Obyrich! It's nice to meet you!
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by psky: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2013
You again? Hmm...you know I don't think you should keep trying to guess people's ages, you are just fueling your obsession and it might end up consuming you. I think you should try to supress it and think of more fulfilling things. I mean like you said, it's not a talent right? So it's of not use. But anyway who am I to tell you what to do? Why don't you google for people like you, I'm sure you'll find them. I had to google for answers in your other thread, google answers all.grin Nairaland, among Nigerians specifically, is not the best place to open up on matters like these. You'll just be rebuked and told to go to church. Most of us are too backward and primitive-minded to comprehend the complexity of the human mind, and hence attribute it to the spiritual.
But hakuna matata, just google for people of your type. Like I said, you'll find them.smiley
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
For you to classify Obsession as a disorder, it has to manifest in other parts of your life too. If that is the only thing that you're obsessed about, i'll say it's more of a trait than a disorder. It must have started as a habit, but now it's a really psychological thing for you. A friend once told me the same thing too, she like to know people's ages so that she'll know who she's older than and who's older than her, plus she doesn't like it when people are older than her. shocked undecided

I think it stems from deep-rooted insecurity and inferiority complex that people would see you as below them or something. If you can see a psychologist, please, do. It's not right because i'm sure you wouldn't want every other person to know your age. CHEERS!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by TheCharisma(f): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
So is your friend on this forum?
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by claremont(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
@OP: How old are you?!
Re: I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. by obyrich(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
TheCharisma: So is your friend on this forum?
Whose friend?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Really Rest On Saturdays? / Your Wife Or Your Only Son / Nigerian Robbery Gang Nabbed By Dubai Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.