Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, (2707 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / The Devil You Don't Know / Create Your Own God, Current Trend In Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 23, 2013
From cycle to cycle, through time and through space,
Your lives with your longings will ever keep pace.
And all that you ask for, and all you desire,
Must come at your bidding, as flames out of fire.

You are your own devil, you are your own God,
You fashioned the paths that your footsteps have trod;
And no one can save you from error or sin,
Until you shall hark to the Spirit within.

1 Like

Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2013
finally, someone i share d same mentality with. nice one,

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
― Aristotle
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2013
991: finally, someone i share d same mentality with. nice one,

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
― Aristotle
Peace profound.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2013
If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all. Sit down, reason, sit down, thoughts, and let FAITH rise up….Romans 10:17…
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi: If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all. Sit down, reason, sit down, thoughts, and let FAITH rise up….Romans 10:17…
Think outside the box, there is a perfect guide, the still small voice, is a perfect guide. It is infallible and always with you and within you. Listen and be guided by it.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 9:26am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Think outside the box, there is a perfect guide, the still small voice, is a perfect guide. It is infallible and always with you and within you. Listen and obey it. Its the voice of your builders.
Permit me to say there are two major forces that rule this world, one force is from God and the other is from the devil..any understanding, ideas or imagination that does not align with God is of the devil.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi:
Permit me to say there are two major forces that rule this world, one force is from God and the other is from the devil..any understanding, ideas or imagination that does not align with God is of the devil.
You are permitted to say and think as you pass through the phases of life, it is good. Progression is natural, but keep your mind open to all bodies of knowledge and as you grow through knowledge, you will leave behind certain good truths for better truths in your journey to absolute truth.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by demelza: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: You are permitted to say and think as you pass through the phases of life, it is good. Progression is natural, but keep your mind open to all bodies of knowledge and as you grow through knowledge, you will leave behind certain good truths for better truths in your journey to absolute truth.
Are you a Buddhist? This sounds like what they would say in their search of Nirvana.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
demelza:
Are you a Buddhist? This sounds like what they would say in their search of Nirvana.
I am not a buddhist and what I am does not matter. What matters is that you are your own god and your own devil in your journey to infinity. Guide yourself by the opposing energies to attain your balance in cosmic scheme of things.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by demelza: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I am not a buddhist and what I am does not matter. What matters is that you are your own god and your own devil in your journey to infinity. Guide yourself by the opposing energies to attain your balance in cosmic scheme of things.
Hope you realize that there are external forces which cannot be ignored in our quest for the truth. And sometimes we do need to call on them for help.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2013
demelza:
Hope you realize that there are external forces which cannot be ignored in our quest for the truth. And sometimes we do need to call on them for help.
The forces of nature are a part of the system which we are, to ignore that they are not, will be ignoring our very existence. We define our progresses by actions and instrumentation to these forces which we are a part of.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by demelza: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The forces of nature are a part of the system which we are, to ignore that they are not, will be ignoring our very existence. We define our progresses by actions and instrumentation to these forces which we are a part of.
There are other forces apart from that of nature whose guidance we are to seek for. You are denying their existence.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: You are permitted to say and think as you pass through the phases of life, it is good. Progression is natural, but keep your mind open to all bodies of knowledge and as you grow through knowledge, you will leave behind certain good truths for better truths in your journey to absolute truth.

My friend, there is no knowledge beyond God and the word of God. Any other knowledge tends to be limited to this world, such knowledge and everything acquired in it will disappear into thin air with time.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2013
demelza:
There are other forces apart from that of nature whose guidance we are to seek for. You are denying their existence.
Totality of all that there is, is within the control of nature and nothing without.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

My friend, there is no knowledge beyond God and the word of God. Any other knowledge tends to be limited to this world, such knowledge and everything acquired in it will disappear into thin air with time.
You are religious, many people are. It is good, but keep an open mind if you desire to understand the interoperability of the laws of nature, at the hierarchy of dual polarities are your religious God and Devil....that's the religious position, but same forces of nature are operable within, choices you make daily decides the polarity you are tilted to. Blame not any, for you are the god and devil and no one can save you from the choices you make.

1 Like

Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2013
Billyonaire: You are religious, many people are. It is good, but keep an open mind if you desire to understand the interoperability of the laws of nature, at the hierarchy of dual polarities are your religious God and Devil....that's the religious position, but same forces of nature are operable within, choices you make daily decides the polarity you are tilted to. Blame not any, for you are the god and devil and no one can save you from the choices you make.

My point is everything you need me to open my mind to is limited to the seventy to eighty years that I will live upon the face of this earth. My faith teaches me beyond those years, infact my faith makes mundane things similar to a mirage.

I can't be my God, I am too fallible to be seen as God.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

My point is everything you need me to open my mind to is limited to the seventy to eighty years that I will live upon the face of this earth. My faith teaches me beyond those years, infact my faith makes mundane things similar to a mirage.

I can't be my God, I am too fallible to be seen as God.

Yet this is coming from the good book? =>

John 10:34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

John 8:44-45

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Genesis 4:8

Cain the older brother of Abel, killed his brother because of jealousy because Cain had not found favor in God's eyes but Abel had.

From the above, it is glaring that John 8:44-45 was referring to the first murderer, Cain, as the devil...which will now take us to OP's point @ the bolded below;

Billyonaire: I am not a buddhist and what I am does not matter. What matters is that you are your own god and your own devil in your journey to infinity. Guide yourself by the opposing energies to attain your balance in cosmic scheme of things.

It's a matter of choice, you choose to be who you are & who you will be.... which makes you a god in a sense!

Just my opinions god brother....

Greetings!
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
doubleDx:

Yet this is coming from the good book? =>

John 10:34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

John 8:44-45

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Genesis 4:8

Cain the older brother of Abel, killed his brother because of jealousy because Cain had not found favor in God's eyes but Abel had.

From the above, it is glaring that John 8:44-45 was referring to the first murderer, Cain, as the devil...which will now take us to OP's point @ the bolded below;

It's a matter of choice, you choose to be who you are & who you will be.... which makes you a god in a sense!

Just my opinions god brother....

Greetings!

You are very far from being right, the devil was the first murderer, He did not kill physically like you think but he killed spiritually. That made every man on earth a sinner thus Christ would make such statement. the death of Christ restores us back to spirituality by believing in the gospel and by the renewal of our mind.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are very far from being right, the devil was the first murderer, He did not kill physically like you think but he killed spiritually. That made every man on earth a sinner thus Christ would make such statement. the death of Christ restores us back to spirituality by believing in the gospel and by the renewal of our mind.

The devil killed first? Who was the victim and where is this written in the Judeo-Christian bible? I'm not all that religious but I'm very sure your claims have no biblical backups. Give me some hard proofs from the bible to support your claims... and not just some stories you heard from your pastor!
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by shdemidemi(m): 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
doubleDx:

The devil killed first? Who was the victim and where is this written in the Judeo-Christian bible? I'm not all that religious but I'm very sure your claims have no biblical backups. Give me some hard proofs from the bible to support your claims... and not just some stories you heard from your pastor!

God said to Adam, the day you eat from that tree, you shall die. The serpent came to say they shall live. As soon as they ate the fruit, they kept the image of God but lost His likeness. God did not tell a lie when He said they would die, the way they died is actually different from the sort of death you are familiar with. Man lost is right stand with God the day he died, In Christ we were made alive again.

1 Like

Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
The devil killed first in that he shortened the life span of man. Man which was supposed to live forever... And so he killed man in advance.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
@tjololade:
The devil killed first in that he shortened the life span of man. Man which was supposed to live forever... And so he killed man in advance.

And you actually believe that man was created to live in this body forever? Smdh! How would humans have controlled the population growth? Of course earth would have been filled-up/overpopulated thousands of years ago when there was no technology or hope of terraforming other planets in our solar system/galaxy, which would have led to extinction of the human race or worse. But today with the power of our creative minds, through technology (Planetary Engineering), there is hope that humans will one day soon, terraform other planets in their solar system & beyond making them habitable for life...and also conquering the fear of overpopulation, war(s), hunger and extinction!

So, god brother, we are gods in the flesh and I'll repeat that over and over again....because even Jesus Christ said "ye are gods"! You are created in the image of the creator, making you a creator too.....As creators, creating is part of us; we'll continue to reincarnate, develop, evolve and create in physicality until we attain perfection! This will only happen when we've come to the realization of who we truly are (spiritual awakening)....that we are ONE & parts of the WHOLE....

So, OP is right to say "You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God" ! You are a creator.... whether evil or good, you create your own world, future, destiny etc....

shdemidemi:

God said to Adam, the day you eat from that tree, you shall die. The serpent came to say they shall live. As soon as they ate the fruit, they kept the image of God but lost His likeness. God did not tell a lie when He said they would die, the way they died is actually different from the sort of death you are familiar with. Man lost is right stand with God the day he died, In Christ we were made alive again.

The bolded part is where a lot of my fellow Christians make mistakes....Christ & many others like him, came only to remind you of who you truly are....and what you MUST do to attain perfection! He came to remind you that "ye are gods in the flesh" and that this is what ye MUST do to attain perfection, whole-ness.....that you MUST do what he did and more to attain perfection....love thy neighbor as thyself because ye are "ONE", to see God or achieve perfection....be wholly as your heavenly father...to be like the WHOLE in physicality!
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by kunlesehan(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

Greetings brother.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
Billyonaire:

Billyonaire
This is where we christians are scared to even dare to thread.
We believe its a one way road and once you embark on that journey. .you aint coming back.
Some think it has one or two things to do with the spiritual mark,i mean 666...which is the secret knowledge God has not ordained for His children to have access to.
Remember what happened in the garden of eden?
They told me once the third eye is opened its not gonna close again and thats gonna ban us frm the presence of God.
I respect your position and inquisitiveness but so many people are so scared to even take a plunge.
I stand to be corrected though.
Re: You Are Your Own Devil, You Are Your Own God, by Boss13: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
Billyonaire: Peace profound.

From some of your remarks, I have pin-pointed you as a roscruician. However, you sometimes make arrogrant comments and indulge in insults, hence makes me think otherwise. In spritualism and mysticism, humility and respect for the individual is important. You are of sound mind. I would plead with you to avoid indulging in insults and negative comments with minds that are yet to know.

Silence is golden.

Peace profound

(1) (Reply)

Myles Monroe , Wife And Daughter DEAD / What Do Christians Think Of Homo Neanderthals? / Real Angel Appears in Synagogue Church Of All Nations (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.