Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

GOD DOSE EXIST!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GOD DOSE EXIST!! (2787 Views)

If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOD DOSE EXIST!! by manmustwac(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by mcfynest(m): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
we christians do not need all this to prove that God exists, all we need is in the bible. and besides who told you thats how jesus looks like
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by manmustwac(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
mcfynest: we christians do not need all this to prove that God exists, all we need is in the bible. and besides who told you thats how jesus looks like
So how dose Jesus look then like a chinese man an indian man an Iranian man? Please tell me how your God looks like?
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by mcfynest(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
manmustwac: So how dose Jesus look then like a chinese man an indian man an Iranian man? Please tell me how your God looks like?
point of correction, jesus is a god and not my YHWH God, did the bible provide you with the pictures of jesus? or this is based on some human imagination
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by aletheia(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
At OP: what you wrote is no different from what the Serpent told the Woman. "Ye shall be as gods". In a beguiling sense, men are gods. However, the scriptures speak plainly:

(1Co 8:5) For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
(1Co 8:6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
mcfynest:
point of correction, jesus is a god and not my YHWH God, did the bible provide you with the pictures of jesus? or this is based on some human imagination

Is YHWH visible? Did the bible lie when it says Christ is the visible image of God?
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by shdemidemi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
manmustwac: So how dose Jesus look then like a chinese man an indian man an Iranian man? Please tell me how your God looks like?
you are hiding from your creator, you believe the essence of your being begins when you new left from right and ends when your flesh become dead carcass. Keep deceiving yourself that you are God.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by UyiIredia(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
A variation of the classic cosmological argument.

- Every contingent thing has a cause.
- The universe is contingent since we know it could operate
differently.
- ergo, the universe has a non-contingent cause we call God.

I'm well aware of the atheist rebuttals to this argument. The first is is to ask what caused the Creator. They argue that a complex universe created by God suggests a complex God, hence the need for explaining how this complex God came to be. The second rebuttal is that parsimony is needful and that the universe should be the non-contingent thing.

The counter rebuttal to the first argument goes thus:

Simple things can, in fact, lead to complex things. We know intricate paintings or sculptures (which are complex in a mathematical sense) are made using simple tools. Atheists themselves will agree that the principal evolutionary mechanisms of random mutations and NS which results in living complexity are simple. The next is that simplicity and complexity are concepts and hence can be toyed with. Complex (in layman terms) is something difficult to understand. A painting, to a layman is simple because it is appreciable and its depiction is grasped, a computer scientist however, who needs to model it in an electronic system sees it as complex given the calculus equations involved. God is also not understood to consist of parts, and in that respect is simple. I, for example, currently define God as conscious, intelligent energy which can effect matter and isn't constrained like humans to make new matter (eg Einsteintenium) or materials from pre-existing matter.

The counter-rebuttal to the second argument goes thus:

It must first be noted that Kant was right in noting (as is and will be the case) that opposing sides can argue with equal force as to how the universe arose. We know idealists and theists maintain the universe to be contingent on a God. We know atheists believe the universe to be non-contingent. Let us first note that the principle of parsimony is broken when atheists argue that a complex creator requires a more complex creator. In the universe, the underlying assumption (that complexity is explained with more complexity) is conveniently forgotten in order to advance the idea that our universe is self-caused. There are 2 factors that militates against this: the first is that if our universe is self-caused (and not conscious by the way) then it follows that physical laws which portray it are necessary and could not happen any other way. I also add, that we could not, being products of the universe, think outside of happenings in the universe. But we can, we can imagine of faster-than-light travel or where the Earth's sky is green etc. This ability to THINK outside the confines of the universe suggests to theists and deists that an intelligence is fundamental to the universe's origin. The second factor, of course, is the Big Bang (for the purpose of argument I'll ignore problems I have with it). The BB theory proposes the universe expanded from an extremely dense singularity of matter and energy. This expansion (or bang) ultimately effected our universe. I surmise from what I've read that nothing is known about the pre-BB state but a non-contingent God can be factored in for this reason. Human experience with expansion from a point involves a necessarily extant cause that effects the expansion or pre-expansion state (eg a wound spring expanding requires a human that wound it b4 expansion).

I await rebuttals.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
Had a crazy experience last night
and God got me out of it. I'm still a bit shaken
but those prayers I made to him I know he heard
And I know it was he who got me through it.

So you all can say what you want to say
I trust and believe in my creator. Now more
Than ever!

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by UyiIredia(m): 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
*Kails*:

Than ever!

Sorry. I hope it wasn't traumatic. Good to know you're okay.

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
The thirst is real grin
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
*Kails*:
Than ever!
What happened?
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

thank you dear.
I really appreciate it.

NL member:
What happened?

oh! I thought the thirst was real? grin
what happened to that? lol

jk dear. I wont say too much but I ended up
in the ER after feeling sick and im home now recovering. smiley
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
author=*Kails*

I dread hearing about someone in the ER shocked

Nice to know you better smiley

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by MrTroll(m): 1:24am On Jun 24, 2013
mcfynest: we christians do not need all this to prove that God exists, all we need is in the bible. and besides who told you thats how jesus looks like
comprehension mate, comprehension. damn! grin
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by UyiIredia(m): 1:41am On Jun 24, 2013
*Kails*:

thank you dear.
I really appreciate it.

Kk.

*Kails*:

Some people misinterpret geniune concern for flattery.

*Kails*:

That serious ! shocked Really, thank God for your life ! Hope the grilled shrimps had nuffin' to do with it.

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by peterphd(m): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2013
Haha...there is no god anywhere.even if there is, I wonder how any civil human being can worship the bible god and call him "loving".That mythical guy is a terrorist!

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:59am On Jun 24, 2013
peterphd: Haha...there is no god anywhere.even if there is, I wonder how any civil human being can worship the bible god and call him "loving".That mythical guy is a terrorist!

Did you note my argument for God's existence as well as rebuttals to possible counter-points ?
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by NoProphecy: 4:10am On Jun 24, 2013
*Kails*:

thank you dear.
I really appreciate it.

It is always funny to hear about people going to an ER, taking advantage of all the tools and processes that came out of Scientific discovery, and then thanking an imaginary being.

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 24, 2013
NoProphecy:
It is always funny to hear about people going to an ER, taking advantage of all the tools and processes that came out of Scientific discovery, and then thanking an imaginary being.

Maybe because many went into the same place and came out dead!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 24, 2013
I.Joan:

I dread hearing about someone in the ER shocked

Nice to know you better smiley

thank you dear! smiley smiley kiss

Uyi Iredia: That serious ! shocked Really, thank God for your life ! Hope the grilled shrimps had nuffin' to do with it.

lmao!
no they didn't dear.
but I am good now. it was perfect timing and I had a lot of loved ones
praying for me. im still not 100 percent but im getting better. smiley

I.Joan:

Maybe because many went into the same place and came out dead!!! undecided

lmao! don't pay the tool any mind.
another miserable atheist looking for attention, is what he is.

after what I went through I don't have time to debate what I know is real.
trust that.

1 Like

Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 24, 2013
*Kails*:

I wont say too much but I ended up
That's it?
Wow, that's some surefire proof of God's existence right there.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by peterphd(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2013
NoProphecy:
Nice one but the part where you say "God can be factored in" brings us to the question "which of the over 2million gods?"if there is a god like you claim he probably doesn't give a hoot about the universe.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2013
*Kails*:

in the ER after feeling sick
and im home now recovering. smiley

You better come to Satan while there is still time.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Vansnickers: 8:17am On Jun 24, 2013
NL member:
The thirst is real grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by mcfynest(m): 9:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr Troll: comprehension mate, comprehension. damn! grin
meaning?[b][/b]
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2013
NL member:
That's it?
go look in the mirror and think about your life early in the morning. Surely life is more than what you think...cheesy
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

nawa o. Do you have sense at all Chai!
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2013
Chibuebem: go look in the mirror and think about your life early in the morning. Surely life is more than what you think...cheesy

I doubt it.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by MrTroll(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
mcfynest:
meaning?[b][/b]
never mind. no time for sheeple. kiss
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chibuebem: nawa o. Do you have sense at all Chai!

If your mama get sense, she wouldn't have given birth to a useless piece of junk like you. Ewu jesus lover.
Re: GOD DOSE EXIST!! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
NL member:
That's it?

perhaps you don't understand English.
I don't owe you an explanation.

if your own creator doesn't feel the need to
pacify your cry baby azz what makes you think I am
obligated to?

you choose not to believe in God (even though you are
clearly obsessed with the idea) that's on you, but I wont
let what some disgruntled oyinbo says determine my outlook in life
I choose to go by my experience. and that's that.

Alfa Seltzer:

i'll pass cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real – Pope Francis / Salvation Ministries PH, 5 Nights Of Glory 2015 Is On Now / A Baby Girl Shows Sign Of Jesus Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.