Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? (16820 Views)

Should I Go For PGD Or Professional Courses / Career Changes For Masters Without PGD, How Possible? / GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
greetins great house. I've questioned on this before. But i want 2 get broader and brighter light as per d possibility of a graduate pursuing a PGD or MASTERS program in Nigeria without an NYSC certificate. Are there schools permitting that in Nigeria? Pls house,i really wl appreciate your views and opinions. Thanks. God bless u all.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by kemismartty(f): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2013
i really doubt the possibility of any higher institution in Nigeria accepting candidate for higher degrees without asking for their NYSC Cert. its the norm...you need to SERVE YOUR FATHERLAND before they consider you for second degree course cry
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by deolu2000(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
I know it's compulsory to serve but it's not a criteria for higher degree admission,i know schools in Nigeria that accept M.sc candidates without NYSC cert.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by CrazyMan(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
EXICON: greetins great house. I've questioned on this before. But i want 2 get broader and brighter light as per d possibility of a graduate pursuing a PGD or MASTERS program in Nigeria without an NYSC certificate. Are there schools permitting that in Nigeria? Pls house,i really wl appreciate your views and opinions. Thanks. God bless u all.
My dear you must present your NYSC certificate before you would be cleared to run your M.sc or Post graduate course in any university in Nigeria.

You would be required to present it during your clearance along with your complete 'O' level result, university certificate and birth certificate.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
deolu2000: I know it's compulsory to serve but it's not a criteria for higher degree admission,i know schools in Nigeria that accept M.sc candidates without NYSC cert.
Pls,can u help me out with the names of such schools in Nigeria? I'l really appr8 . Thanx.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by omatule2000(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by darecool(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Depending on your course of study and the certificate you have with you, there are lots of schools that doesn't request for discharge certificate.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
darecool: Depending on your course of study and the certificate you have with you, there are lots of schools that doesn't request for discharge certificate.
great man,pls be of practical help to me. Can u pls help me with the names of such schools,pls.tanx. stay blessed.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by RichDad1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
I strongly doubt if its compulsory to have a discharge cert before enrolling for second degree. What of people that complete their first degree thru Part time / Distance learning programs?
Plz mod,moving this to the front page will really help this subject matter and clear the airways of misinformation. Thanks

1 Like

Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Rich Dad: I strongly doubt if its compulsory to have a discharge cert before enrolling for second degree. What of people that complete their first degree thru Part time / Distance learning programs?
Plz mod,moving this to the front page will really help this subject matter and clear the airways of misinformation. Thanks
tanx Rich dad.
i also question d opinion of '100%' mandation or 'compulsoryRITY'(pardonn my words,pls) of completion of NYSC scheme as a criterion 4 PGD/Masters program in Nigeria Universities. but i don't know the schools that don't.Hence,resorting to NL.
Pls great NLanders, let's help out with useful info as regards this topic.
Pls,Pls,Plss...sss @moderators, i'm of the opinion&plea dat this topic shd be moved to front page. pls,kindly do d favour. tanx. stay blessed!
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by OlaRolls(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2013
It really baffles me each time I heard dis discharge of a tin.....
Can't a corp member simultanoeusly run a MSc. Its a real suck....
Any1 dat have list of institution dat offer it witout should pls post clue......
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2013
yes o! Fellow nairalanders wt valid info as regards dis puzzle shd pls voice out. And at moderators,can't this topic appear on front page pls?
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by helpfulposts(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Front page please!!!
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by Inik(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
You can't do any post graduate degree in Nigeria without presenting your valid Nysc discharge certificate. I will advise you to go for Nysc first.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by deolu2000(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
As i said,it's not compulsory.i know Unilorin accept M.sc candidates without discharge cert.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by EXICON(m): 1:57am On Jul 07, 2013
deolu2000: As i said,it's not compulsory.i know Unilorin accept M.sc candidates without discharge cert.
Waoh! Tanx bro for the info. I heartily appreciate. You've really touched a life via this. God bless u real good.
Re: PGD Or MASTERS Without NYSC? by CrazyMan(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2013
deolu2000: As i said,it's not compulsory.i know Unilorin accept M.sc candidates without discharge cert.
Stop misleading people...no university in Nigeria allows you run any program without your NYSC certificate.

@op if your NYSC certificate will be ready before the registration for the program, then you can obtain the form.

(1) (Reply)

NIMC Staff To Get Improved Salary Soon – Pantami / How To Make Your Dreams Come True / 4 Signs You're Just Not Cut Out For The 9-to-5 Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.