Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:45 PM

Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. (74834 Views)

Which Brand Of Blender Is Good For Blending Beans / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Grinding Stone, Grinding Machine Or Blender: Which Makes Stew Tastier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
Which blender product is good for blending or grinding beans. I've bought like 3 different products, the first 2 is spoilt and can't grind beans d 3rd one now kenwood I bought at shopright is burnt.Pls someone shld tell me d best.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Gboliwe: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
I would love to know too. I am thinking of getting the manual one but if there is one that can do the grinding, why give my arms muscle?
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by ifeegee(f): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
I have this Philips that I have used for over 5yrs now and it serves well..I use it to blend beans,but I wash & soak the beans for an hour to soften before blending.

2 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by twaintoy(f): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Try Marlex blender. Though, we have fakes around now, to get the original might be hard a lil. I use it and it grinds beans well.

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Gboliwe: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
ifee-gee:
I have this Philips that I have used for over 5yrs now and it serves well..I use it to blend beans,but I wash & soak the beans for an hour to soften before blending.
interesting! But why soak beans again after washing? Won't all the nutrients be soaked away?
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Gboliwe: 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
twaintoy: Try Marlex blender. Though, we have fakes around now, to get the original might be hard a lil. I use it and it grinds beans well.
the blenders grind beans well but it doesnt last.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by AmazeBalls(f): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
Check dis thread,som gud options stated
https://www.nairaland.com/1293702/blenders

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by ifeegee(f): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
interesting! But why soak beans again after washing? Won't all the nutrients be soaked away?
I tried blending after wash,the paste was so rough that the end product was just not it.usually ,
I'll put the washed beans in the fridge with some quantity of water .I use the farthest part of the fridge to avoid freezing,the last step before the veg bin always serve the purpose. (smiling )
Note,the fridge helps retain taste & nutrient .

3 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Gboliwe: 8:18am On Jun 24, 2013
Ok. Thank you for the insight
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by twaintoy(f): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Gboliwe: the blenders grind beans well but it doesnt last.
Like i said, there are fake ones now. Bought mine 2007 and i still use it till date. Bought another one 2months ago, tried using it but didnt blend well.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by uzoo: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Pretty4ril: Which blender product is good for blending or grinding beans. I've bought like 3 different products, the first 2 is spoilt and can't grind beans d 3rd one now kenwood I bought at shopright is burnt. Pls someone shld tell me d best.

KENWOOD BURNT!!!? unbelievable, ok , first of all i am not trying to discredit any store here,but two things i have to say here .... . Its either you got a sub standard KENWOOD blender from shoprite (in other words ..a fake one), or You killed the Blender your self by not moderating the way you blend with it and what you blend with it including Beans.

Below on the left is a picture of my KENWOOD blender i got from John Lewis ( in the UK). I have been using it for about two years now and it has had no issues what so ever. I also blend beans with it and i will explain later how i use it for this purpose.

Not with standing the fact that i got mine abroad,the KENWOOD BLENDER my folks have at home ,and its been used for over four years now , and i am quite sure it was bought from a store here in Nigeria ,has been good with no problems considering they blend everything on earth with it.

Have it in mind that the blender is not a commercial one and can only be used at home for a little quantity of beans at a time.

Here's how.

you need to make sure your beans has been soaked hours or even over night before you blend it ,after taking out the back of course,this will ensure that it is soft enough for the blades of the blender to blend.You don't want to stress that machine.

then take a hand full or a cup full of the beans and pour into the blender along with your chopped pepper,chopped onions and the rest,
( you have to chop everything that goes in ).

This is the tricky part , before you cover it up, add warm water( may be half of the cup depending on the quantity of the beans you just poured in, then cover it up.

On the machine ,start with the first level to mix everything in and watch to see if it needs more water while you stop and start the machine again. (which it often does) .Then slowly pour in some water through the dispenser as it blends.

Once the consistency of the beans is now rough and everything is mixed , then you can move up to the button on the next level, you have to watch the beans in the jug to see if it still needs more water, this will depend on the consistency you want for your beans .

slowly add some more water through the dispenser again while the blender is still blending.

(the reason why water is added while the blades are still rotating ,is to prevent the water from going to settle at the bottom of the jug, this will help the mixture blend smoothly with out damaging your machine).

when you are done , pour the blended beans out and repeat the same method for the next batch...i will suggest that you make not more than three batches, like i said earlier , the machine may not be strong enough for heavy usage.

Don't forget to do the stop and start interval at every stage.

I hope this helps.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by myselfonly: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
Kenwood. Any day, any time.
its simply the best all the time.

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=uzoo]

KENWOOD BURNT!!!? unbelievable, ok , first of all i am not trying to discredit any store here,but two things i have to say here .... . Its either you got a sub standard KENWOOD blender from shoprite (in other words ..a fake one), or You killed the Blender your self by not moderating the way you blend with it and what you blend with it including Beans.

Below on the left is a picture of my KENWOOD blender i got from John Lewis ( in the UK). I have been using it for about two years now and it has had no issues what so ever. I also blend beans with it and i will explain later how i use it for this purpose.

Not with standing the fact that i got mine abroad,the KENWOOD BLENDER my folks have at home ,and its been used for over four years now , and i am quite sure it was bought from a store here in Nigeria ,has been good with no problems considering they blend everything on earth with it.

Have it in mind that the blender is not a commercial one and can only be used at home for a little quantity of beans at a time.

Here's how.

you need to make sure your beans has been soaked hours or even over night before you blend it ,after taking out the back of course,this will ensure that it is soft enough for the blades of the blender to blend.You don't want to stress that machine.

then take a hand full or a cup full of the beans and pour into the blender along with your chopped pepper,chopped onions and the rest,
( you have to chop everything that goes in ).

This is the tricky part , before you cover it up, add warm water( may be half of the cup depending on the quantity of the beans you just poured in, then cover it up.

On the machine ,start with the first level to mix everything in and watch to see if it needs more water while you stop and start the machine again. (which it often does) .Then slowly pour in some water through the dispenser as it blends.

Once the consistency of the beans is now rough and everything is mixed , then you can move up to the button on the next level, you have to watch the beans in the jug to see if it still needs more water, this will depend on the consistency you want for your beans .

slowly add some more water through the dispenser again while the blender is still blending.

(the reason why water is added while the blades are still rotating ,is to prevent the water from going to settle at the bottom of the jug, this will help the mixture blend smoothly with out damaging your machine).

when you are done , pour the blended beans out and repeat the same method for the next batch...i will suggest that you make not more than three batches, like i said earlier , the machine may not be strong enough for heavy usage.

Don't forget to do the stop and start interval at every stage.

I hope this helps.[/quote

Maybe there is fake of Kenwood, can u tell me d make of urs. I feel US product shld be d best. Mine is not and I only uses it in my house. Tnx anyway but still not convinced whether to buy same kenwood again or not.

2 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by uzoo: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Pretty4rill

Forget about buying a blender or any kitchen gadgets from the states,we are on a different power voltage ,( USA is 110 while UK,NIGERIA IS 220 to 240 volts). It wont work here unless connected to a special adapter.

There is always fake of everything ,that is why you have to be careful when buying,i got most of my kitchen gadgets from the UK because of this and almost everything i have there is KENWOOD brand.

You can try and order from the UK instead of the United states.

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by kunle4toyeyaho: 12:46am On Jun 27, 2013
I use panasonic blender,its very good n durable,though I usally soak my beans for like an hour b4 blendin.

3 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2013
Has anyone heard of geepas blender? Pls how durable is it...
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Yvete(f): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Quick question: What is the right consistency for Moi-moi while blending beans?

Its my first time making Moi-moi and I don't know if its okay to use a lot of water while blending beans. I'm worried that the texture is too hard. Are brown beans easier to peel than black-eyed beans? My fingers hurt, I almost gave up grin
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2013
KENWOOD burn ke? shocked

Just pacxing!!! Singing waka waka ehh ehh
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2013
uzoo: @Pretty4rill

Forget about buying a blender or any kitchen gadgets from the states,we are on a different power voltage ,( USA is 110 while UK,NIGERIA IS 220 to 240 volts). It wont work here unless connected to a special adapter.

There is always fake of everything ,that is why you have to be careful when buying,i got most of my kitchen gadgets from the UK because of this and almost everything i have there is KENWOOD brand.

You can try and order from the UK instead of the United states.

Thnx a lot Uzoo for understanding I wish I can know d price of UK direct
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 9:09am On Jun 28, 2013
Ijogz K: KENWOOD burn ke? shocked

Just pacxing!!! Singing waka waka ehh ehh

Ijogz

Don't worry waka waka ur own will burn one day u will now believe me n when u come here I go waka waka.Lol

2 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Originalsly: 10:19am On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Originalsly: 10:35am On Jun 28, 2013
No matter what brand blender you buy the results would be the same.Not any and everything blenders were made to blend.Beans are too hard and for that reason people soak them ...to make them soft. If you don't want to then try just a small amount at a time.If not I suggest you buy a coffee grinder which is like a small blender but made to grind/blend bean stuff.If you insist on using a blender then buy a commercial blender which is like heavy duty and can run for longer periods at a time. Cost? I guess like 3 times more than a regular blender.

2 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by uzoo: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Yvete: Quick question: What is the right consistency for Moi-moi while blending beans?

Its my first time making Moi-moi and I don't know if its okay to use a lot of water while blending beans. I'm worried that the texture is too hard. Are brown beans easier to peel than black-eyed beans? My fingers hurt, I almost gave up grin

The consistency should be like that of whipped cream....it shouldn't be watery otherwise your moi moi will become runny.

there are different species of brown beans , if you were to shop in the local markets here here in Nigeria , you can tell the difference just by looking closely at them .But the thing is, all brown beans here cook differently(longer or shorter time period) and taste differently too.So when i get there i just tell them i want the one for making moi-moi which is different from the ones you prepare normally. The ones used normally in meals (like rice and beans) brown will make your moi moi run if used, and its not as tasty. For me, i Think The brown beans is better and easier for moi-moi preparation,compared to the black eyed ones .
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by uzoo: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2013
Originalsly: No matter what brand blender you buy the results would be the same.Not any and everything blenders were made to blend.Beans are too hard and for that reason people soak them ...to make them soft. If you don't want to then try just a small amount at a time.If not I suggest you buy a coffee grinder which is like a small blender but made to grind/blend bean stuff.If you insist on using a blender then buy a commercial blender which is like heavy duty and can run for longer periods at a time. Cost? I guess like 3 times more than a regular blender.

yes , i was going to suggest she gets one of those commercial use blenders but don't think you can find them around that easily.

@Pretty4ril
i think you should get the coffee grinder, just to avoid any damage blending the beans might do to a new kitchen blender . They are sold at PARK n SHOP , or check CASH N CARRY, or any good electronics store.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2013
Originalsly: No matter what brand blender you buy the results would be the same.Not any and everything blenders were made to blend.Beans are too hard and for that reason people soak them ...to make them soft. If you don't want to then try just a small amount at a time.If not I suggest you buy a coffee grinder which is like a small blender but made to grind/blend bean stuff.If you insist on using a blender then buy a commercial blender which is like heavy duty and can run for longer periods at a time. Cost? I guess like 3 times more than a regular blender.

Thanks dear but I can't go for commercial type since I only use it for d family only. Waoh so bulky, Can u keep that in ur kitchen?
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2013
I will check d coffee grinder. Thanks again my people.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Ninilowo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
Try "John Holt". I ve bn using it CONSTANTLY since 2006. If u stay in Lagos check west minister, iyana ipaja or alaba for tokunbo. They said they last longer than some new ones.
Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Vitamix - hands down. cool

2 Likes

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by babadem2much(m): 4:18am On Jul 03, 2013
weda KENWOOD, kenplastic, keniron oh or electric blenders na wash. try corona the manual type no power failure n even ur grand children will use it, tested n trusted

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Pretty4ril: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
babadem2much: weda KENWOOD, kenplastic, keniron oh or electric blenders na wash. try corona the manual type no power failure n even ur grand children will use it, tested n trusted

Baba
No strenght for that pls

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Get a food processor

1 Like

Re: Which Blender Type Is Durable And Can Grind Beans. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pretty4ril: Which blender product is good for blending or grinding beans. I've bought like 3 different products, the first 2 is spoilt and can't grind beans d 3rd one now kenwood I bought at shopright is burnt.Pls someone shld tell me d best.

na u make the kenwood burn, beans is unlike tomato or pepper. you have to allow the beans to soak very well before blending so as to give the blender less stress. if not you go buy blender tire o. kenwood is a good product, unless you bought it from SHOPRAG

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Shares Picture Of Food She Bought For N3800 / Photo Of Big Python And Bushpig My Brother Killed Last Night / The Big Catfish We Caught While In A Canoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.