Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: (1887 Views)

Fairly Used Hp Compaq Desktop For Sale / Clearance Sale On Uk Used Hp Compaq Desktop Pcs / Compaq Desktop Systems Blinking Red Light On The Power Indicator And Will Not Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by suprman: 10:45am On May 12, 2008
Dudes, pls 2 of my hp compaq desktop( dx 2200 microtower) just suddenly stopped booting at all. When i removed the RAM and tested it on the other system with the same configuration it ram is working aslo i checked the processor is hot which indicates that the board is working and most likely the proccessor too. The faulty system when powered only show power light, Harddisk light blinking and the CD ROM light blinking without booting.
Pls someone help me. its urgent. what do i do?
thnx for ur care.
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by TmeD0(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2008
How far do they go when you try to boot?  Do they get as far as running a memory check (depending on your mobo manufacturer) or their screens are just blank (black screen).  Also, did you make any changes i.e. install an application on those two desktops recently?  If the power led and HD activity led are on and the screen is just blank, have you checked your monitors' power and vga connections?  Trust me, little things like that mean a lot.  Provide additional information and we can go from there.
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by suprman: 12:11pm On May 14, 2008
T@medo,
Thnx alot for ur contribution i ve checked all cables both vga and power. the led lights of both system unit and monitor are ON but no P-O-S-T operation nor even beeping sound. inshort nothing showing on the screen. a blank dark screen.
Still waiting
thnx alot
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by uspry1(f): 1:42pm On May 14, 2008
It sounds like your hard disk drive is going to be crashed!

You will need to buy new hard disk drive and ask for back-up all your files along with your operating system CD transfering them from existing hard disk drive into new one.
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by inze(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2008
uspry1:

It sounds like your hard disk drive is going to be crashed!

You will need to buy new hard disk drive and ask for back-up all your files along with your operating system CD transfering them from existing hard disk drive into new one.

Crash >??

There would have been a previous indication or there was and he didn't state it.

Please make sure your cables are alright, cos where u say, u didn't see anything on the screen, do you mean not even a the "_" thats supposed to come at the top-left prior to booting Maybe a more concise explanation would help us help u,

Inze
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by TmeD0(m): 4:47pm On May 14, 2008
Suprman, like I stated earlier, did you make any changes to those two desktops prior to this happening?  If so, what was it that you might have done differently to these two PCs?  Have you tried connecting the PCs to a functional monitor to test them?  Like Inze stated, check to make sure everything is connected properly, i.e. power supply.  Also make sure your video card, RAM, LAN card and so on are properly seated.  Remove them and reinsert them just to make sure.  You can also check for dust in the PSU's fan, underneath your video card, RAM and so on.  Just for the heck of it, remove unimportant H/W like CD-Rom, USB-connected peripherals (i.e. printer, flash drive, scanner), LAN card and try to boot with just the video card, RAM and processor.  If removing these devices causes it to boot up, then you know one or some of them is the culprit.  You'll have to use the process of elimination to find out which one it is.  I'm having a feeling this might have to do with a recent change in H/W or S/W on both machines but I might be wrong.  If you could provide a detailed information on the issue, it would be very helpful.  Peace!
Re: My Hp Compaq Desktop, Pls Help: by suprman: 10:00am On May 16, 2008
Thanks to everybody that has contributed to my enquiry amd grateful.
Though i ve not gotten to the final solution but with ur replies amd sure am very close to it.
For purpose of clerity, when i said the screen is blank when booting i mean nothing at all is shown not even the DOS- like promp"-". At leastthe Cmos configurations should be able to show during booting even if it cant load the OS from the hdd. but nothing of such is showing. I tested it with another monitor of a working system unit, but the situation is still the same. Or do i suspect the failure of the CMOS memory or somthing?
still waiting,
thnx

(1) (Reply)

Disguise Caller,sms cheat,calling cheat Software On Phone Read Details / How To Use Trial Softwares Forever Without Expiration. / Cynthia Morgan displays extreme side-boob, See the Sexy Shot! -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.