Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,143 members, 7,780,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 AM

Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun (5103 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe / Pay Our Six Months' Salary, Doctors Tell Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by masterdre: 5:27am On Jun 24, 2013
The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Ogun State Chapter, has dismissed claims of free medical services by the state.

The association, speaking through its chairman, Olusoji Jagun, declared that the government was yet to provide qualitative health care delivery system to the people of the state, and had been “paying lip service” to the funding of healthcare in the state.

“The situation in Ogun health sector is appalling. There are poor infrastructural development all over hospitals in the state. There are no CT scan in Ogun state government hospitals.

Ultrasound scan is an essential commodity neither can we boast of a 4 D scan ,DIgital X-ray, fluoroscopy in any government hospital in Ogun,” Mr. Jagun said.
Read more here: http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/139464-dont-lie-ogun-has-no-free-health-services-doctors-tell-gov-amosun.html

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by FSU: 5:38am On Jun 24, 2013
Buhahahah! Bunch of lying governors. Now we know from where Eko Ile, Gbawe, Dayokanu and other paid ACN pundits learned how to lie. Apparently, the doctors are too smart to fall for the ACN gimmick

18 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by amarilo: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2013
That doctor must be an Igbo hater or a PDP agent. What is name again?
Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by gramci: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Breeze never blow and ... don open grin

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2013
amarilo: That doctor must be an Igbo hater or a PDP agent. What is name again?
com on mehn, its too early to b smoking dat cheap s.hit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by stebell(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2013
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=))=)) Eko Ile oya come counter dis claim by Doctors in ur state of Ogun. Na only to post pix of SS/SE govs yu sabi. I tell yu PDP is better than ur AC N, CPC put together. FSU did a gr8 job exposing peeps like yu AC.N e-warriors. Now it's doctors in ur domain. Gov Amosun, we hail yu.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by teskyg: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2013
EKO-Ile and co,where are you hiding?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by GenSpecific: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2013
ACN is full of pathological liars.

Whenever I hear ACN, I think of Lai Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by homesteady(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2013
Chai!! This politics section is becoming sweeter and sweeter everyday!! We are beginning to see more things about APC!!
After all, its not only PDP that has bad sides!!
BTW, when was the last time a PDP governor lied about developments in his state??

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by GenSpecific: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2013
Eko Ile and co-conspirators where at thou?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by GenSpecific: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2013
I guess they are convening a meeting to offer a response to this latest gist and I bet their usual response will be adopted which is to storm trooper this thread with insults.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by kelvincoll(m): 9:22am On Jun 24, 2013
Revelations everywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by donchris999: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Yes! Eko ile come and tell us that it is gbenga daniel's 8years that is hindering development in the health sector. But, remember jonathan was sworn in the same time with amosun. Jonathan is a bad president that have not achieved anything in 2yrs but amosun is just 2yrs and it is a short time. One thing is sure, by the time all the ACN governors give Tinubu all their monthly allocations till 2015 PDP will look like a saint, but, then it will be late for the southwest. UP ACN! UP TINUBU! Tinubu must be richer than dangote by fire by force. Hahahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by talktimi(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2013
GEJ is at fault + the health facilities in Ogun state are over stretched by the millions of igbo people flocking into the state everyday. *whistlin*

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Gbawe: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2013
Nairaland. The land of functional illiterates. That in itself would not be bad if said illiterates were also not ignorant haters averse to basic research. Amosun has never promised "free healthcare" and I don't know why sadists are jubilating over the lies of either the doctors or the news source. There is no 'meat' for you sad scavengers here. Get a life.

http://www.ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=192&Itemid=133

Free health care services will be provided to children below 5 years and senior citizens above 70 years. We shall bring health care closer to the people by adopting community based approach with focus on establishment, equipping and staffing of primary health care centers in each of the 236 wards in the State.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Chubhie: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Seems people are waking up and seeing through the illusionary blind of ACN|Politricians. Untill the day Nigerians understand the extent to which politicians have duped the very masses who elected them and arise in unity of purpose beyond tribe, religion and creed i will continue to see events as comedy in 5D.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Gbawe: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2013
Chubhie: Seems people are waking up and seeing through the illusionary blind of ACN|Politricians. Untill the day Nigerians understand the extent to which politicians have duped the very masses who elected them and arise in unity of purpose beyond tribe, religion and creed i will continue to see events as comedy in 5D.

My guy, I don't know you here but I would hope you are not one of the haters unable to give credit where due and always looking for negatives about others to justify the rigid position of negativity you have taken against them. It is no longer "propaganda" or "talk". ACN governors are really delivering the goods everyone can see and feel.

In a nation like ours, and typified by the mindless hatred we see here daily, it is normal to see folks cutting their nose to spite their face. I.e failing to hail development because it comes from people who are in the "wrong" Party, "wrong" ethnic-group or practitioners of the "wrong" religion.

Amidst all that, the most intelligent and refined in society will still see what is crucially important. These doctors should approach the Governor with genuine grouse because Amosun is not god and he will benefit from inspecting their objective criticism. Nonetheless, there is no decent Doctor who will not admit that Amosun is doing well in efforts aimed at addressing what was met on the ground.

We are not talking excuses as Gbenga Daniels and most PDP administrators know how to deliver. We are dealing with real tangibles here being achieved with brick, mortar and cash spent on the needs of the people. Below are pictures of Primary health care centres constructed as models of what will be the standard in all 20 LGA's of the State.

The doctors, especially those over 60, should tell us when they have ever witnessed this sort of revolutionary and very expensive 'from the ground up' approach in Ogun State and the SW in general. Ogun doctors should simply partner with Amosun so that deficits are addressed to the benefit of the State. Genuinely neutral and objective observers will know that the man is trying especially in terms of newly built modern infrastructure when previous administrators had always told doctors point blank that there was no money available to build the upgraded modern healthcare centres they are demanding.

How many times have we seen administrators in Nigeria embrace the much harder course of building brand new and modern infrastructure that cost more money and leave less to be embezzled? Does it not make sense, if ACN administrators are the "illusionist" you claim they are, for these guys to just 'patch' what is on ground already (as many administrators in Nigeria are doing currently) and pocket majority of accrued allocation? Why are they spending money on the people and embracing a costly path that leaves them with little to embezzle if their sole mission is to 'deceive' you? Why don't they just take all the money and give absolutely nada as previous PDP Governors did in the SW with impunity?

This is Ogun State's definition of what a modern Primary Health Care Centre should be. This will be replicated in all the 20 LGAs in Ogun State with a pilot scheme starting in each of the 3 senatorial districts. This is the picture of the one located in Ogun Central, Abeokuta North LGA. Mission to rebuild on course

Completed pilot hospital to replace the inadequately ancient health centres OGD persevered with and was happy to plaster now and then.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by 1MCN: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2013
I do not intent to drag partisan politics into this matter of monumental importance but I'd like to expalin what I saw at the state General Hospital Ota, Ogun state about last 2wks when I visited a friend's sister who had put to bed. Although the premises wasnt large enough most part of the unbuilt spaces were field with bush capable of sustaining dangerous snakes. The hospital didnt have a cordinated power source as almost every department was using small generators a little bigger than the ones we call "I pass my nebo" here. That created too much noise in the compound. The nursing staff were badly irrascible as they'd talk to you like they're coaxed into the job. There was no public dispensary and we had to get all prescribed drugs from pharmacies in the town at Sango. The general condition of the General hospital was worse than anyone I've seen in the East even though I had thought the one in Ebonyi was so bad before I met this one.
On the lighter mood, I discovered they called that Amosun guy AMUSU. If only you know what amusu means in Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Expensive72(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2013
amarilo: That doctor must be an Igbo hater or a PDP agent. What is name again?
grin[quote
Sorry what u typed does not make sence.
Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by GenSpecific: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe:

[size=3pt]My guy, I don't know you here but I would hope you are not one of the haters unable to give credit where due and always looking for negatives about others to justify the rigid position of negativity you have taken against them. It is no longer "propaganda" or "talk". ACN governors are really delivering the goods everyone can see and feel.

In a nation like ours, and typified by the mindless hatred we see here daily, it is normal to see folks cutting their nose to spite their face. I.e failing to hail development because it comes from people who are in the "wrong" Party, "wrong" ethnic-group or practitioners of the "wrong" religion.

Amidst all that, the most intelligent and refined in society will still see what is crucially important. These doctors should approach the Governor with genuine grouse because Amosun is not god and he will benefit from inspecting their objective criticism. Nonetheless, there is no decent Doctor who will not admit that Amosun is doing well in efforts aimed at addressing what was met on the ground.

We are not talking excuses as Gbenga Daniels and most PDP administrators know how to deliver. We are dealing with real tangibles here being achieved with brick, mortar and cash spent on the needs of the people. Below are pictures of Primary health care centres constructed as models of what will be the standard in all 20 LGA's of the State.

The doctors, especially those over 60, should tell us when they have ever witnessed this sort of revolutionary and very expensive 'from the ground up' approach in Ogun State and the SW in general. Ogun doctors should simply partner with Amosun so that deficits are addressed to the benefit of the State. Genuinely neutral and objective observers will know that the man is trying especially in terms of newly built modern infrastructure when previous administrators had always told doctors point blank that there was no money available to build the upgraded modern healthcare centres they are demanding.

How many times have we seen administrators in Nigeria embrace the much harder course of building brand new and modern infrastructure that cost more money and leave less to be embezzled? Does it not make sense, if ACN administrators are the "illusionist" you claim they are, for these guys to just 'patch' what is on ground already (as many administrators in Nigeria are doing currently) and pocket majority of accrued allocation? Why are they spending money on the people and embracing a costly path that leaves them with little to embezzle if their sole mission is to 'deceive' you? Why don't they just take all the money and give absolutely nada as previous PDP Governors did in the SW with impunity?

This is Ogun State's definition of what a modern Primary Health Care Centre should be. This will be replicated in all the 20 LGAs in Ogun State with a pilot scheme starting in each of the 3 senatorial districts. This is the picture of the one located in Ogun Central, Abeokuta North LGA. Mission to rebuild on course

Completed pilot hospital to replace the inadequate health centres OGD persevered with and was happy to plaster now and then.[/size]

crap

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Chubhie: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe

My guy, I don't know you here but I would hope you are not one of the haters unable to give credit where due and always looking for negatives about others to justify the rigid position of negativity you have taken against them. It is no longer "propaganda" or "talk". ACN governors are really delivering the goods everyone can see and feel.
Iam no hater. I speak for the masses who are haplessly caught in between ACN and PDP media wars.The masses seems bamboozled,mesmerized,confused and defeated.you my good friend will agree with me that Govt at all levels have failed the masses save some very few Politicians.

The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.
Vladimir Lenin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by badmrkt(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Completed pilot hospital to replace the inadequately ancient health centres OGD persevered with and was happy to plaster now and then.

bros take deep breath and exhale...oya face front make i see road.
where z your partner in lying? he is needed urgently,perhaps to post more pictures of bad infrastructures from Akwa-Ibom state...

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by awodman: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe: Nairaland. The land of functional illiterates. That in itself would not be bad if said illiterates were also not ignorant haters averse to basic research. Amosun has never promised "free healthcare" and I don't know why sadists are jubilating over the lies of either the doctors or the news source. There is no 'meat' for you sad scavengers here. Get a life.

http://www.ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=192&Itemid=133

So you are saying PREMIUM TIMES IS LYING?

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by Gbawe: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
awodman:

So you are saying PREMIUM TIMES IS LYING?

I don't care who is lying. It does not matter whether it is the news source or the quoted doctor. What is important is to show that Amosun never promised free healthcare. Free health care is only for children under 5 and adults over 70. When you work out the percentage of the population that applies to, in relation to all the inhabitants of Ogun State, then come back and speak.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by huptin(m): 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
The truth is: between ACN and PDP there is no difference, they are all thieves. ACN has only taken the act of deception to a higher level. At least PDP will leave no one in doubt that they are thieves but ACN will steal and still blame PDP for their non performance.I can only pity my yoruba peeps by the time God delivers us from this ASIWAJU slavery it might just be too late.

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by awodman: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe:

I don't care who is lying. It does not matter whether it is the news source or the quoted doctor. What is important is to show that Amosun never promised free healthcare. Free health care is only for children under 5 and adults over 70. When you work out the percentage of the population that applies to, in relation to all the inhabitants of Ogun State, then come back and speak.
So it no longer matters since it now involves your dear ACN governor??..No probs...looking forward to what you will say when next Premium Times distorts facts as relates to GEJ's govt...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by abrat: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Well I was at General Hospital Ijaye in Abeokuta recently to confirm whether or not, the promise of free health services made by Amosun to children below age 5 and aged is kept and to my surprise, nothing was free! One old man (75yrs)told me he had to pay #250 to measure his blood pressure,ordinary BP! I tire for Amosun and his group of liars ooo!!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by gramci: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gen. Specific:

crap

real crap
Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by enm(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Gbawe my dear fellow good citizen of nigeria and friend, let call a spade a spade and shovel, shovel.

The umbrella body of doctors in ogun state came out to make a statement as a body that there is no such thing as free health care. Do you want to tell me that this doctors are lieing and are in consort with the opposition to discredit AMOSUN government.

Do you really believe that if truly there is free health care for people above 70 and children below 5 the umbrella body won't mention it in other word engaging in distortion of fact and do you think they will involve themselves in such distasteful act without compromising their integrity?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by bloggernaija: 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Another rubbish post.
Natives of ogun state are praising the governor to high heaven for the work he has been able to do while considering the meager allocation he get every month.ogun state has almost completely closed the gap on rivers state in terms of internally generated revenues .this takes hardwork and the money is being ploughed straight back into communities.
Nigeria where hardly a single person pays a commiserate tax.you will hear some paying no more than N20000 on mega million profits complaining about taxes.
What I want is cheap qualitative healthcare and I would rather wait for comprehensive plan for to be built while still using private hospital than another 3 room hospital.
It is good that the doctor dragged the attention of the governor to the health sectors that should make the governor to devote more resources there..this is something that an ordinary doctor dare not do in other states without the theat of his life being cut short.
Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by oddy4real(m): 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Epistle of St Gbawe!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lie, Ogun Has No Free Health Services, Doctors Tell Gov. Amosun by FSU: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Gbawe is a cheap liar

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures: Cancel Oyo Election. Ajimobi Lost To rccg Seyi Makinde by savannah / Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Nnamdi Kanu Likely Poisoned As DSS Breaks Into His Prison Cell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.